YODA Vs. YODA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GordonSkywalker
Now that we have seen ATTACK OF THE CLONES reach new heights of digital transfer,let us discuss a new and fun topic concerning Jedi Master Yoda. Who among you like the new digitalised look and which among you are more fond of the original 'puppet look' in THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK and (briefly) RETURN OF THE JEDI? I am more fond of Yoda as he appeared in ESB.. I liked his sabre fight with Dooku at the end of CLONES, however.

justinday15
I think the digital Yoda looks way better, but I like
old yoda better because he looks more real.

Member.
digital yoda so much betterbig grin, he could do all these cool tricks that puppet yoda couldn't, he'd rape his asslaughing out loudjk.

GordonSkywalker
Yes, well I still prefer the original.

mechmoggy
I grew up with the original so thats my benchmark for any other Yoda's, hence I thought the Yoda in Ep.I was awful, but the Yoda in Ep.II was much better, plus he can do so much more as CGI.

GordonSkywalker
All he really did in TPM was sit in the council chambers. He had that lightsabre thing going for him at the end of AOTC though.

Julie
very profound thought...Aotc is cool

GordonSkywalker
Yes thank you...thank you...take my bows.... Happy Dance

finti
I go for the ESB look, kind of though to make him fight in AOTC that way but even so....

GordonSkywalker
I liked how Yoda acted when he first met Luke in ESB. His sarcastic remarks were so funny."How you get so big, eating food like this?" laughing out loud

Julie
yeah this younger yoda is so much more serious...I guess living on Dagobah brings out the bright ...or sarcastic side

cookies2006
It would be much easier if there were just a real life yoda out there.

Julie
yeah....but then poor Frank OZ would be totally out of the honorable job....even though that pretty much happened

GordonSkywalker
There is a definite contrast in his behavior during the prequel and classic eras,I feel. I first saw Yoda when ESB came on HBO during the late-eighties when I was a preteen. His performance in that blew me away as it gives us more of Yoda then in the other two films of the original series. And it is hilarious to watch him and young Luke Skywalker interact.

cookies2006
Very well said Gordon.

Julie
yes....
but the funny yoda didn't whip out a lightsaber and jump around:-)

cookies2006
yes but that wasnt really the real yoda fighting.

Ushgarak
Well, rather obviously ESB gives more of Yoda than ANH, comparing to the other two original trilogy films...

Are you saying you don't see the prequel Yoda as the 'real' one, Cookies?

cookies2006
Not in the flesh. Or whatever!?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.