lucy heartfillia vs nami

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Luffygear4
everything is allowed

Q99
I'd say Lucy, with her ability to call multiple summons she's got Nami outmatched.

Luffygear4
Originally posted by Q99
I'd say Lucy, with her ability to call multiple summons she's got Nami outmatched.

yea but nami can more than one of herself??? might be hard to find her.

KingD19
Nami would have a ahrd time against some of Lucy's summons. Like Loke and Capricorn.

Or if she calls out Gemini and does that planet attack.

Luffygear4
well, lucy have her perfect climatic abilities... shock her with lightning big grin

KingD19
She's taken a lot more punishment than something like that and kept going.

Plus she could summon Gemini and have them copy Nami. Then she'd have to deal with fighting herself with all her weapons and abilities, as well as another powerful summon.

Luffygear4
i kno, i saw her fight with the raven tail guild. but hey, nami can make it at will and it takes no magic from her so she can spam it. plus with the allusions another nami would do what exactly seeing as though gemini wouldnt have nami's weatherpole

KingD19
When Gemini copies a person, they copy everything about them. Down to magic, clothes, equipment, and even memories and knowledge on how to use it.

Luffygear4
but when they copied lucy they didnt have the gate keys?

KingD19
Because the Celestial Keys only can exist one at a time, and they need a contract, etc...

It's Celestial Magic that protects them.

Nami's staff isn't special like that. It's a stick.

Notice how Gemini copied Lucy's whip.

Q99
Exactly.

Loke's nice because even if there's a lot of Namis, he can blind them all.

And if Lucy takes Gemini, copying Nami is one option, but another is Gemini copying Lucy and then together doing Urano Metria like KingD19 mentioned, a spell Nami has no chance against.

KingD19
It's like getting b1tch smacked with planets.

Luffygear4
lol, do you think natsu would beat luffy tho?

KingD19
I think Rubber is highly vulnerable to fire, and Natsu has generated the hottest flames in the series so far aside from Zamcrow's God Slayer flames.

And his Fire/Lightning attack could do some serious damage. I'm not sure how that would translate to the OP verse though,as Luffy is supposedly really really fast.

Luffygear4
well yea, luffy has red hawk, a haki ability to make fire so i dont think ifre can hurt him if he uses haki to defend himself, and rubber is a natural insulator so i dont think natsu could win.

Luffygear4
but if natsu cant win, what im getting at is if natsu cant win then how can lucy. i think everyone seems to forget the nami seems weak due to being compared to her crew. she was a strong bandit who stole from pirates and beat the ones who got in her way but is just pale in comarison to luffy, zoro etc. she knows how to fight with her weatherpole but often uses her climatic attacks just to save energy, she can fight with the pole like lucy with her whip, it just isnt seen as often as it used to be.

KingD19
You're forgetting that Celestial Spirits are incredibly powerful. Loke is the most powerful of all of them with the Regulus power, and Capricorn is just about even with him, even without it.

Gemini could copy Nami down to the letter and match her blow for blow, etc...

I'm not forgetting Nami's abilities, I'm saying she'll have 3 people to fight.

Lucy, and 2 Celestial Spirits.

Q99
I don't think Natsu could beat Luffy. I think fire, while capable of hurting Luffy, isn't something Luffy's unusually weak against, and Haki is a really powerful offensive/defensive ability.

Because Luffy has a much wider gap with his weaker crew members. One Piece's powers are more spread out while Fairy Tail's are closer together.

The difference between Natsu and Lucy is very much smaller than the difference between Luffy and Nami. Lucy's powers include summoning strong front-line fighters like Capricorn and Loke, and Lucy even has a big blasty spell that's stronger than most of Natsu's attacks.

Nami's fighting depends a lot on trickery and misdirection to set up her attacks, and some of Lucy's summons are very good at countering that, via blinding, area attack, going underground, or other methods, like the clock that isolates her from outside attack. Nami's attacks are very powerful if she manages to set them up, but Lucy's big set up attack is more powerful still.

Then there's Gemini with the ability to copy Nami, and as a result gain Nami's tactical smarts and weather control on Lucy's side, which is almost unfair since it means Nami'll have trouble even trying to set up attacks.

Lucy has the option of direct powerful attack (Capricorn), an area effect attack (Aquarius), or a big charge up (Urano Metria), or just "Everything you can do, I can do too," (Gemini-Nami). All in addition to fighting personally with her whip.

Pole fighting isn't going to matter here. I mean, physically, Lucy's shown more durability and she has a magic whip, it's just physical isn't nearly as decisive as summon magic, which is really strong.

KingD19
Lucy's a total punching bag.

Q99
Originally posted by KingD19
Lucy's a total punching bag.

Which sounds bad, but it does mean she can take quite a beating and then still pull out a big gun.

All the main characters from FT have a ton of HP, even Lucy (if not as much as the others).

KingD19
Yeah. Considering how physically weak she is in comparison to people like Erza and Natsu who are physical monsters besides their powers, she's like the John McClane of Fairy Tail and takes beatings nobody who simply turns a key to summon a magic servant should be able to endure.

Luffygear4
wow thats not very fair then, no gemini

KingD19
It's a bit unfair to gimp Lucy, even though she still has more than enough options to deal with Nami.

Q99
Eh, even if she doesn't have Gemini (which prevents her from copying Nami *or* using her ultra spell), she can still have Loke to blind Nami and take her out with a light attack, Scorpio's area-of-effect attacks to deal with mirages, and that sort of thing.

Oh, and it occurs to me Virgo could get her out of the way of any weather attack by getting her underground.

KingD19
Yeah. And Capricorn will kick the shi1t out of Nami.

Luffygear4
yea but either way it would be more fair if lucy didnt have gemini but either way, lucy wins

Q99
Correct.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.