Yuri Boyka versus The Protector

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Casper Whitey
Yuri Boyka (in his prime, before the knee injury) versus The Protector (Tony Jaa.)

No holds barred martial arts fight to the KO or death or submission in a vacant warehouse.

KingD19
Jaa in an epic stomp.

Robtard
IIRC, Jass's character is faster by a considerable margin. He's is much smaller though.

Casper Whitey
Lol, Boyka is faster. And more agile.

On the fence right now.

KingD19
No. Jaa is a lot faster, and he hits harder than anyone Boyka has ever fought.

As for agility, it's pretty much moot considering the things Jaa pulled off in his movie.

Casper Whitey
In what scene is Jaa faster?

KingD19
SIq14nfHsHo

Not only does he show insane damage soak, taking a literal mudstomping, kicks to the face and not even registering, he gets stabbed, and still beats all those guys while showing off speed, skill, agility, and strength.

What is that, 20+ guys?

FrothByte
Boyka by far. Jaa has the better stunts, but Boyka has far more intricate moves, proving that he is just as agile if not more than Jaa. Jaa is faster, that's a given considering he's like half a foot shorter than Boyka. But Boyka is a heavy weight and is pretty damn fast for his size. There's a reason why there are weight limits on every fighting sport. This would be like putting prime Pacquiao against prime Tyson.

Besides, Boyka knows ground fighting. Jaa showed a few locks and holds but he'd be in deep crap if the fight goes to the ground.

P.S. - I'd actually argue that Boyka was better in Undisputed 3 than 2. Despite having a bad knee, Boyka was more experienced then and showed far more heart and grit than he did in Undisputed 2. Had he fought Chambers again in 3, there's a good chance he could have beat him.

Casper Whitey
Originally posted by KingD19
SIq14nfHsHo

Not only does he show insane damage soak, taking a literal mudstomping, kicks to the face and not even registering, he gets stabbed, and still beats all those guys while showing off speed, skill, agility, and strength.

What is that, 20+ guys? Lol, those 20 guys were shit.

Black Mamba versus the Samurai from "the Hunted" in a swordfight, who wins? You gonna argue that she took on the entire crazy 88? He was clearly the better swordsman.

KingD19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=O9V8T8nkgpU#t=296s

Another vid showcasing his speed.

Even in the last one, he took a beating from like 12 people without even realizing they were hitting him. In his fight with Lateef Crowder, he blocked a kick that has roughly 1400psi behind it. Oh, and it was more than 20. It was closer to 30 guys he basically one shotted.

Jaa also hits harder than anyone Boyka has fought due to his muay thai style, and is proficient at breaking bones, Yuri's glaring weakness.

Casper Whitey
Boyka is faster. He's faster, more agile and has at least close to the same damage soak.

KingD19
I know Boyka has crazy damage soak, but you think he can take as much punishment as Protector?

Throughout the whole movie he was beat on by like 100+ guys, and those were just goons he waded through.

He also got stabbed.

Then he fought a Capoeira master who should have shattered his arms with that 1400psi kick, a wushu guy with a sword, and Nathan Jones, who should have broken his ribs when he slammed him into the pillar.

Then at the end, he fought 3 of the biggest soldiers around, and they beat him near to death. One even tossed an elephant, and they still couldn't keep him down.

And he jumped a good 15 feet to reach that lady getting away on the helicopter strut, and still had enough height to double knee her directly in the chest.

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=O9V8T8nkgpU#t=296s

Another vid showcasing his speed.

Even in the last one, he took a beating from like 12 people without even realizing they were hitting him. In his fight with Lateef Crowder, he blocked a kick that has roughly 1400psi behind it. Oh, and it was more than 20. It was closer to 30 guys he basically one shotted.

Jaa also hits harder than anyone Boyka has fought due to his muay thai style, and is proficient at breaking bones, Yuri's glaring weakness.

Jaa also has never fought anyone of Boyka's class. Jaa doesn't hit harder. He's a lightweight, no way he hits stronger than Chambers or that big colombian dude. That's physics.

As far as speed goes, of course Jaa is faster. He's nearly half Boyka's size. That doesn't mean he gets a win though.

As far as taking out 20 guys, Jaa is used to taking out thugs. Yet every single time he's fought 1 on 1 with a skilled opponent he has had to struggle. Boyka on the other hand excels in 1 on 1 fights and has mostly plowed through the best prison fighters the world has to offer.

Jaa may have better feats when it comes to fighting multiple opponents, but in a 1 on 1 fight his resume isn't as good as Boyka's.

Casper Whitey
Yeppers.

the ninjak
Yeah I'll put my money on Boyka.

Casper Whitey
Me too. It's a lock.

steverules_2
Boyka, I watched undisputed 2 last night and the guy is just insane he took punch after punch from Chambers and wasn't even slowing down

Casper Whitey
Did that make you moist?

steverules_2
You bet it did

Plus in Undisputed 3 his manager says you don't bet against Boyka injured knee or no knee he's a good fighter especially when he gets angry

Casper Whitey
Yeah, he needs to calm down.

0mega Spawn
Lol people saying boyka when kham pulled guys arms out of sockets by pulling their hand & folded grown men like lawn chairs

Casper Whitey
Boyka shattered a man's leg with a shin block. Verdict is in, Bokya wins.

0mega Spawn
Kham folded men like lawn chairs
Verdict true winner
Shin blocks can actually break an opponents leg
But youll never see a guy fold multiple guys like lawn chairs

Casper Whitey
I was on the fence on this one initially, but others convinced me on Boyka.

0mega Spawn
Well form your own opinion erm

kham - folds guys like lawn chairs, shrugs off getting stabbed, doesn't mind gettin beaten while he reminisces about his elephant

Or

Boyka - flashy cage fighter

0mega Spawn
Hell he lost to iceman a boxer with week of mma training erm

and got his leg snappef by said boxer...

And we all know leg snapping is khams specialty

FrothByte
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
Hell he lost to iceman a boxer with week of mma training erm

and got his leg snappef by said boxer...

And we all know leg snapping is khams specialty

No, Boyka's knee got snapped via ground work/grappling technique. Kham doesn't show any ground game.

As for Kham folding men like chairs, well, Kham folded "regular" thugs. EVERY. SINGLE.TIME he has fought a skilled opponent, was he able to fold them that easily? No. He has struggled with single, skilled opponents. None of those opponents are as skilled as Boyka.

Another thing here is, what happens if Boyka is able to take him to ground? Kham has showed no ground game so far. Kham relies on standard striking and a few stand up grappling techniques... which he clearly wasn't able to utilize on the capoeira guy and the wushu guy nor even the big and slow Nathan Jones. Pretty far fetched to assume he could easily just catch Boyka in a grip and snap bones off.

Casper Whitey
What the hell does "fold" mean?

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by FrothByte
No, Boyka's knee got snapped via ground work/grappling technique. Kham doesn't show any ground game.

As for Kham folding men like chairs, well, Kham folded "regular" thugs. EVERY. SINGLE.TIME he has fought a skilled opponent, was he able to fold them that easily? No. He has struggled with single, skilled opponents. None of those opponents are as skilled as Boyka.

Another thing here is, what happens if Boyka is able to take him to ground? Kham has showed no ground game so far. Kham relies on standard striking and a few stand up grappling techniques... which he clearly wasn't able to utilize on the capoeira guy and the wushu guy nor even the big and slow Nathan Jones. Pretty far fetched to assume he could easily just catch Boyka in a grip and snap bones off.
Thug or not folding a full grown man outclasses any strength feat boyka has done. Kham has also shown the ability to adapt quickly to these skilled opponents

And the only skilled people kham fought had some sort of advantage besides johhny and pray.

Sword guy and guy damn near 3 times his size
The capoeria guy was never outright beating khams ass
And he was only trying to interrogate johhny

And boyka was getting his ass kicked by iceman who is almost exclusivly a puncher what makes you think kham wouldn't do far better than iceman.

Robtard
Asian snaps Boyka's leg; Boyka cries. The end.

Casper Whitey
You're a very simple man, aren't you?

thanos-prime
the protector breaks boyka

Casper Whitey
If you discount everything we saw in their movies, you're right.

Robtard
Originally posted by Casper Whitey
You're a very simple man, aren't you?

Calm down. Breath.

Asian is superior, he's cartoon-like at some points. It's that simple.

Casper Whitey
Originally posted by Robtard
Calm down. Breath.

Asian is superior, he's cartoon-like at some points. It's that simple. People already pointed out why boyka wins this. Read.

Robtard
People already pointed out why boyka wins this. Read.

I've watched the films and I did read the thread; Omega Spawn pwned all.

Casper Whitey
Then you are ignoring simple facts.

Robtard
Says the guy ignoring that Ja's taken more punishment, fought larger groups of opponents and fought guys strong enough to toss a baby elephant(easily 1K lbs) as it were a rag doll, this was after taken a vicious beating.

Casper Whitey
And you totally missed it. Ok.

Robtard
And you totally missed it. Ok.

Nice troll.

But this:

Originally posted by Robtard
Says the guy ignoring that Ja's taken more punishment, fought larger groups of opponents and fought guys strong enough to toss a baby elephant(easily 1K lbs) as it were a rag doll, this was after taken a vicious beating.

Casper Whitey
It's not a troll, check Frothbyte's post, 14 posts up.

Lestov16
u6z3BXdZO5M

SIq14nfHsHo

I think the protector takes this

Casper Whitey
You could be right, I like both characters so I don't really care lol.

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by Robtard Omega Spawn pwned all. QFT

Casper Whitey
Nah.

FrothByte
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
Thug or not folding a full grown man outclasses any strength feat boyka has done. Kham has also shown the ability to adapt quickly to these skilled opponents

And the only skilled people kham fought had some sort of advantage besides johhny and pray.

Sword guy and guy damn near 3 times his size
The capoeria guy was never outright beating khams ass
And he was only trying to interrogate johhny

And boyka was getting his ass kicked by iceman who is almost exclusivly a puncher what makes you think kham wouldn't do far better than iceman.

Iceman did not defeat Boyka by just "exclusively punching". He had to learn how to grapple and get some ground work to be able to beat Boyka. A skill that Kham has not shown any proficiency at. Again I ask, what's Kham going to do if Boyka takes him to the ground?

And before you say something like "Boyka's not going to be able take him down before Kham starts snapping his bones", well I ask you, if Kham was so proficient at bone snapping, why was he unable to do it against the capoiera and wushu guy? Answer, because he can't easily do it against skilled opponents... and Boyka is more skilled than those two.

As for him taking on and "folding" those 20 something guys, I'd like you to rewatch that video. The skill of those guys are seriously questionable. At the start of the fight Kham pushes away the first 5 or so guys... and they get knocked out by him just "pushing" them. I mean cmon, even I can get up immediately after being pushed.

As for him taking on multiple hits, he gets kicked in the face once and never again hit in the face. Basically just gets kicked in the front and back and a few in the neck. Granted, in real life that could be enough to land you in a hospital, but movie-wise it isn't that impressive really. Guy wasn't even bleading in the face. Boyka on the other hand took multiple blows to the face from Iceman, got his face busted up, and still got back to his feet ready to fight. He got the crap kicked out of him by the Columbian with hits that would laugh at any that Kham received.

Fact is, Boyka fought men who were bigger, meaner, and more skilled than any Kham has faced. Beating on 20 or so thugs who get knocked out by being pushed is not that great a showing. Besides, it's not like all 20 guys charged him at once. Watch the vid again, they each approach him one at a time.

Tanking a stab wound though is impressive. Still, it's about as impressive as Boyka's injured knee nearly getting broken again but still using it to shatter his opponent's knee (Undisputed 3).

I'm not saying that Kham's fights aren't impressive, just saying that comparing the two side by side you'll see that Boyka has survived heavier hits from stronger hitting opponents as well as fought and beaten more skilled opponents.

The only skilled opponent Kham ever faced who was near Boyka's size was the capoeira guy, and that guy gave kham some trouble. Boyka on the other hand has always competed against guys with similar size and skill, or even bigger.

The wushu guy that Kham fought was skilled but not big. The giant wrestler was big, but not skilled.

Another thing I noticed when Kham fights skilled opponents is that he takes time before he figures out how his opponents fight before he finally beats them. You see this in his fight vs. Johnny and the Capoeira guy. Both guys had him in trouble in the first few moments of the fight (johnny even had him knocked down and stunned) before he figured out their fighting style. Thing is, both Johnny and the capoeira guy could have easily capitalized on him while he was on the ground but instead took the time to either dance around (capoeira guy) or turn his back and boast to his friends (Johnny). If that was Boyka, as soon as Kham is on the ground he'd be on him and putting him in submission locks. What's he gonna do then?

FrothByte
The beating that Kham suffered from those 20 something guys is nothing compared to the beating that Boyka suffered from Dolor (colombian).

Casper Whitey
Originally posted by FrothByte
Iceman did not defeat Boyka by just "exclusively punching". He had to learn how to grapple and get some ground work to be able to beat Boyka. A skill that Kham has not shown any proficiency at. Again I ask, what's Kham going to do if Boyka takes him to the ground?

And before you say something like "Boyka's not going to be able take him down before Kham starts snapping his bones", well I ask you, if Kham was so proficient at bone snapping, why was he unable to do it against the capoiera and wushu guy? Answer, because he can't easily do it against skilled opponents... and Boyka is more skilled than those two.

As for him taking on and "folding" those 20 something guys, I'd like you to rewatch that video. The skill of those guys are seriously questionable. At the start of the fight Kham pushes away the first 5 or so guys... and they get knocked out by him just "pushing" them. I mean cmon, even I can get up immediately after being pushed.

As for him taking on multiple hits, he gets kicked in the face once and never again hit in the face. Basically just gets kicked in the front and back and a few in the neck. Granted, in real life that could be enough to land you in a hospital, but movie-wise it isn't that impressive really. Guy wasn't even bleading in the face. Boyka on the other hand took multiple blows to the face from Iceman, got his face busted up, and still got back to his feet ready to fight. He got the crap kicked out of him by the Columbian with hits that would laugh at any that Kham received.

Fact is, Boyka fought men who were bigger, meaner, and more skilled than any Kham has faced. Beating on 20 or so thugs who get knocked out by being pushed is not that great a showing. Besides, it's not like all 20 guys charged him at once. Watch the vid again, they each approach him one at a time.

Tanking a stab wound though is impressive. Still, it's about as impressive as Boyka's injured knee nearly getting broken again but still using it to shatter his opponent's knee (Undisputed 3).

I'm not saying that Kham's fights aren't impressive, just saying that comparing the two side by side you'll see that Boyka has survived heavier hits from stronger hitting opponents as well as fought and beaten more skilled opponents.

The only skilled opponent Kham ever faced who was near Boyka's size was the capoeira guy, and that guy gave kham some trouble. Boyka on the other hand has always competed against guys with similar size and skill, or even bigger.

The wushu guy that Kham fought was skilled but not big. The giant wrestler was big, but not skilled.

Another thing I noticed when Kham fights skilled opponents is that he takes time before he figures out how his opponents fight before he finally beats them. You see this in his fight vs. Johnny and the Capoeira guy. Both guys had him in trouble in the first few moments of the fight (johnny even had him knocked down and stunned) before he figured out their fighting style. Thing is, both Johnny and the capoeira guy could have easily capitalized on him while he was on the ground but instead took the time to either dance around (capoeira guy) or turn his back and boast to his friends (Johnny). If that was Boyka, as soon as Kham is on the ground he'd be on him and putting him in submission locks. What's he gonna do then? There it is again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.