Bane vs. Bryan Mills

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Silent Hero
How will Bryan's particular set of skills do against Bane?

Setting 1: Sewer where Bane and Batman fought

Setting 2:

http://www.hafsco.com/RollingHill05.JPG

Silent Master
Bane gets shot.

The Silent Hero
I forgot, no guns obviously.

KingD19
Bryan takes off Bane's mask, and shoots him with it somehow. Either that or he punches him in the neck.

Silent Master
Bane gets stabbed

marwash22
Bryan Mills get TAKEN to school.

peaches

KingD19
Bryan is a much better fighter than Batman. And he's not stupid. As strong as Bane is, he's not invulnerable against joint locks and bone breaks.

marwash22
Bane is faster and stronger.

Bryan fought fodder in the both movies with exception to maybe 1 or 2 people. Bryan gets his old geriatric face punched off.

Silent Master
Bryan's standard equipment also included weapons.

KingD19
Originally posted by marwash22

Bryan fought fodder in the both movies with exception to maybe 1 or 2 people. Bryan gets his old geriatric face punched off.

And Batman didn't fight anything but Fodder aside from Ra's and Bane?

He beat one by dumb luck, and the other by plot stupidity.

marwash22
cool.

but...

KingD19
Bane is stronger. I doubt faster.

marwash22
lol, u serious? did you watch Taken 2? They edited the crap outta that movie with extremely fast cuts due to Liam Neeson being old as hell. They knew he couldn't move fast enough to be believable as someone who could take out several men at once.

-Pr-
So his feats from Taken 1 don't count?

KingD19
And even though they edited, Bryan Mills has those feats. I guess they "edited" Dark Knight Rises since Tom Hardy and Christian Bale can't punch and kick through concrete pillars.

marwash22
Originally posted by -Pr-
So his feats from Taken 1 don't count? we're supposed to ignore Taken 2?Originally posted by KingD19
I guess they "edited" Dark Knight Rises since Tom Hardy and Christian Bale can't punch and kick through concrete pillars. bermm

-Pr-
we're supposed to ignore Taken 2?

Not saying that.

Editing isn't really something you can use in an argument, is it? I mean, IN the movie, he is that fast. That's the writing, the directing and everything else portraying him as. They might do it badly, but I'm not sure that's enough.

marwash22
my point is that the character LOOKED slower than he did in the first movie.

But it doesn't matter because Bane is faster than Bryan from the first movie.

KingD19
Based on what? Batman wasn't all that fast in any of the movies when it came to fights.

Nolan-verse is painfully realistic.

marwash22
based on the way he moved.

KingD19
In regards to Batman? The only person he fought?

marwash22
that's not a point you should bring up considering Bryan fought nothing but random dudes who had ZERO fighting skill. Batman, even in his slower state, was still dar beyond anyone Bryan fought in skill.

Casper Whitey
Mills rapes.

KingD19
Batman fought nothing but goons for 3 movies. Ra's and Bane were the only two who actually had any skills. And both times he should have lost.

Ra's had him dead to rights. And Bane nearly killed him once, then he just worked out in a prison with no proper diet or equipment, put on a knee brace and was magically all better and stronger than ever before!

Bryan took out the knife guy in 1, who was very skilled.

And he took on several skilled people in 2 iirc.

And he didn't get banged up and bruised fighting no names like Batman.

Casper Whitey
I loved it when dude punched his vertebrae back in.

marwash22
you know Bryan Mills isn't the one who trained Obi Wan, Batman and Darth Vader, don't you? You're also aware that he's not Aslan and Zeus, right?

Liam Neeson isn't in this fight, Bryan Mills is, and Bryan Mills isn't all that impressive... he beat the shit out of a bunch of random dudes in Europe. Batman in TDKR did the same thing even though he was old and frail... Bane whipped his ass and would do the same thing to Bryan Mills.

KingD19
I never claimed he was. I'm saying Mills is a more impressive fighter than Batman, whose similar to a Jason Bourne-lite in his use of technical skill, weapon improv and gunplay.

Batman threw like all of his ninja training out the window once he became Batman, and threw lots of haymakers against guys paid to look tough. He came home after every fight bruised and battered. Only time Bryan got hurt is when he got shot or stabbed.

And Batman was never impressive. At all. If Bryan did the same thing, and had the same resources as Bruce, Gotham would be a very different place.

the ninjak
Originally posted by KingD19
Bryan takes off Bane's mask, and shoots him with it somehow. Either that or he punches him in the neck.

Can't see Mills taking off the mask.
And in regards to punching Bane in the neck or throat. The advantage of Banes mask is he can easily block any suck strike with the mask lowered.

KingD19
That part was more humor than actual attempt at winning favor for Bryan.

Silent Master
What is stopping Bryan from stabbing/cutting Bane?

KingD19
Oh wow, that one fight is in a kitchen.

Silent Master
Oh wow, that one fight is in a kitchen.

That and IIRC he used a knife during the movie, so it should really count as standard equipment.

KingD19
Yeah, he fought the elite knife guard in the first movie, and I believe he used a knife near the end of the second.

Darth Martin
I just gave Bane the win against Bourne in the other thread. Physically, Mills is inferior to Bourne but not by much and is equally skilled.

1.Bane kills him 10/10.
2.Mills has weapons to work with so I'll give him a better shot. Bane should still win though as he is skilled as well. I really don't see Mills taking Bane's hits. Mills could get in a nice shot potentially with silverware but it's all over as soon as Bane gets a good hold of him.

FrothByte
I don't think Mills is strong enough to take Bane on in h2h. Batman had a kevlar suit on capable of stopping low grade ammunition. Bane was strong enough to hurt Batman through that, not sure what it will do to Mills. For all his skills, Mills is still a pretty old man, and he just ain't as fast or strong as a younger bull like Bane.

In the kitchen, I'd give Mills a 70/30 chance. There's nothing to stop Bane from utilizing a knife as well, but at least we've seen that Mills is pretty good with knife fighting which is why I give him a bigger chance here.

KingD19
Bulletproof vests aren't made to stop impacts like punches and kicks. You can beat a guys ass through a vest.

That's how Batman got beat up and went home almost every night covered in bruises despite wearing his suit.

FrothByte
Bulletproof vests aren't made to stop impacts like punches and kicks. You can beat a guys ass through a vest.

That's how Batman got beat up and went home almost every night covered in bruises despite wearing his suit.

Depends on what kind of Kevlar you're using. I'm not an expert, but I do know there is soft/light armor all the way to some heavy duty plating. Judging from how Batman's suit looks like as well as how effective it has been at stopping gunfire from previous movies, I'd say it's pretty damn heavy duty.

Sure, the punches will probably still be felt, but hurting someone in street clothes is still a lot easier than hurting someone in body armor.

KingD19
That's true, but what I'm saying is Bane hurting Batman through the armor isn't a big deal, considering he got beat up by random thugs in all the movies while wearing the same suit of armor.

Casper Whitey
Oh wow, that one fight is in a kitchen. Yup, give Mills a knife and he'd make Bane-ka-bobs.

the ninjak
I just don't see a highly trained League of Shadows member caring about a gifted bodyguard with a knife.

I see him adjusting to the the environment and tanking the one or two slashes Mills will pull off.
Bane also has full pain tolerance so any cuts and he still pushes through with the crippling blows.

I'm sorry but Mills will never beat the Batman. And considering Batman's offensive capabilities personally beats Mills' regardless of knife attacks + Mill's old age tiredness.
Bane will win even in a kitchen.

Mills took on two bosses in both films and Bane would've crushed them.
Relying on environmental bladed weapons as an argument for Mills winning just doesn't cut it.

Casper Whitey
That mask is coming off. Quicker than my ex-girlfriends bra.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.