Shao Lao (k'un lun dragon) vs Midgard Serpent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
shao lao is a strange beast. seems it defeated the phoenix at some point in the past, yet....danny and others have defeated it to obtain the IF. any thoughts on how to resolve this apparent discrepancy (maybe the defeat by danny wasn't a tradiational defeat?) or on how this match would go?

seems i could have put the dragon against anyone from daredevil to galactus.....

zopzop
Originally posted by leonidas
shao lao is a strange beast. seems it defeated the phoenix at some point in the past, yet....danny and others have defeated it to obtain the IF. any thoughts on how to resolve this apparent discrepancy (maybe the defeat by danny wasn't a tradiational defeat?) or on how this match would go?

seems i could have put the dragon against anyone from daredevil to galactus.....
AvX, continuing to plague the VS Forum community! laughing

Midgard Serpent couldn't beat Thor. 1/5 of the PF in the hands of incompetent and unworthy hosts, HUMILIATED Thor repeatedly. Shao Loa beat the FULL Phoenix Force.

Ergo :
Shao Lao >>>>FULL PF>>>>>>>>>>>1/5 PF unworthy and unchosen hosts>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thor>Midgard Serpent. Shao Lao wins! FATALITY! sick

Branlor Swift

seems i could have put the dragon against anyone from daredevil to galactus..... Well duh, Iron Fist is the most powerful force in existence.

Any existence.

Lek Kuen

The dragon isn't actually an abstract but his power is actually greater than he himself is. The Iron Fists defeat him to have access to his power source which is separate from his body. So I assume that the full version is simply stronger than it separate, which explains how Danny and them get an amp from something that they can kill as normal humans. .

zopzop
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
The dragon isn't actually an abstract but his power is actually greater than he himself is. The Iron Fists defeat him to have access to his power source which is separate from his body. So I assume that the full version is simply stronger than it separate, which explains how Danny and them get an amp from something that they can as normal humans. .
thumb up

This also explains why Iron Fist and others that draw power from Shao Lao have better on panel fights and feats than Phoenix Force Avatars such as Rachel, Jean Grey, Giraud, the P5, etc...

Sundipped
Shao Lao never beat the Phoenix Force. The immature reincarnation was one shot by Scott with 1/2 of the PF. There's no way to guage the power of a full grown Shao Lao dragon. I suppose it could beat the Midgard Serpent.

leonidas
Originally posted by zopzop
thumb up

This also explains why Iron Fist and others that draw power from Shao Lao have better on panel fights and feats than Phoenix Force Avatars such as Rachel, Jean Grey, Giraud, the P5, etc...

wait, huh? not sure i understood this correctly. did you just say IF has BETTER on panel feats than pf users.....? maybe i misunderstood or you mistyped cuz that makes no sense.

zopzop
wait, huh? not sure i understood this correctly. did you just say IF has BETTER on panel feats than pf users.....? maybe i misunderstood or you mistyped cuz that makes no sense.
I was being sarcastic stick out tongue

AvX destroyed the PF (in more ways than one). How the fxxk is a magic dragon that empowers the likes of IF even in the same league as the PF or it's hosts?

Necrom, with a sliver of the PF, destroyed an entire solar system just to get Rachel to hand over her measly portion of the PF. That was after he hurled the entire molten core of a planet at her, flung two MOONS at her, and ignited a gas giant into a sun.

When the PF was being forced to separate from Rachel, every star in the universe was dying out.

Dark Phoenix Jean was approaching Galactus level power (according to Reed's instruments) and that was when she admitted herself that she was weak and her power needed time to grow.

Giraud's power saved Eternity (and his teammates) and the result literally rocked the universe from Eternity convulsing in pain.

leonidas
Originally posted by Sundipped
Shao Lao never beat the Phoenix Force. The immature reincarnation was one shot by Scott with 1/2 of the PF. There's no way to guage the power of a full grown Shao Lao dragon. I suppose it could beat the Midgard Serpent.

meh, maybe. this scan would indicate differently:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/824/avx10015016.jpg/

the 'legend' is one i think we were intended to believe. doesn't really make sense to me and was one of the only parts of avx i did NOT like.

the young dragon DID harm scott, which was still sorta impressive to me. not sure where the full powered dragon would rank, nor was i sure how to gauge its level of power.

Philosophía

the 'legend' is one i think we were intended to believe. doesn't really make sense to me and was one of the only parts of avx i did NOT like.

the young dragon DID harm scott, which was still sorta impressive to me. not sure where the full powered dragon would rank, nor was i sure how to gauge its level of power. And Sentry stalemated Galactus.

leonidas
I was being sarcastic stick out tongue

why i otta..... laughing out loud (whew)

cool. i disagree it destroyed the pf (and i actually really enjoyed the avx arc...) though. if anything, it was shown to be the anti-thesis of wanda's chaos magic, and it was effortlessly one-shotting worlds. pf wielder feats weren't great but the wielders kinda sucked. i liked what scott seemed to see himself capable of in his mind near the end but he didn't let himself get to that point. it even seemed to me that the cyttorak interaction gave the pf respect (though peter with just 1/5 wasn't powerful to beat cyttorak in his realm.)

i DO agree with your main point though--some mystic dragon shouldn't have been able to beat the full force--IF that is what happened. seemed more like the dragon helped the wielder CONTROL the power, somewhat. sorta..... shrug

like i said, i liked the arc a lot--but i did NOT like the kun lun angle.

zopzop

the young dragon DID harm scott, which was still sorta impressive to me. not sure where the full powered dragon would rank, nor was i sure how to gauge its level of power.
So then you agree with me?

1/5 of the PF repeatedly humiliated Thor and the Avengers. Puffy hurt Scott with 1/2 of the PF but he wound up one shotting it. Could he have done that with "only" 1/5 of the PF? Adult Puff beat the full PF. A cursed and crippled Thor beat the Midgard Serpent.

So :
Adult Puff>>>>>Full PF>>>>>1/2 PF>>>>Puffy>>>>1/5 of the PF>>>>>Healthy Thor>Crippled Thor>Midgard Serpent.

FP Shao Lao wins! I wonder if IF could beat the Midgard Serpent. I mean he beat Shao Lao! The more you think about it, the more it doesn't make any sense.

Marvel is a joke.

leonidas

leonidas

FP Shao Lao wins! I wonder if IF could beat the Midgard Serpent. I mean he beat Shao Lao! The more you think about it, the more it doesn't make any sense.

Marvel is a joke.

lol

you'll know by now i do sorta agree with you. i seem able to dismiss things a little easier though. not EVERYTHING needs to fit perfectly with continuity. and it WAS referenced as a legend, so marvel left themselves an out in that regard.

as for IF vs jormungand? the way marvel has pushed danny the last couple years, i wouldn't doubt it. he's turning into thanos--someone i used to love, but began to dislike when he simply kept getting more and more popular and powerful. sad

zopzop
lol

you'll know by now i do sorta agree with you. i seem able to dismiss things a little easier though. not EVERYTHING needs to fit perfectly with continuity. and it WAS referenced as a legend, so marvel left themselves an out in that regard.

as for IF vs jormungand? the way marvel has pushed danny the last couple years, i wouldn't doubt it. he's turning into thanos--someone i used to love, but began to dislike when he simply kept getting more and more popular and powerful. sad
OMG don't put Thanos and IF in the same sentence! Thanos is nowhere near that bad in terms of character development or power levels.

Thanos is what he is, a low trans that went to high trans over the course of 30+ years.

IF is PIS incarnate. sick

leonidas
ha! i like the danny of old, and the danny from ultimate spiderman! big grin

Philosophía
that's a fair comparison i guess. i think the arc, and the story that danny told, was meant to lead us to accept the idea that the dragon beat it.

i'm MORE than willing to side with you on this though and call either PIS or simply accept it WAS just a legend and didn't happen. i gather you hated the arc as well? I can't say I hate something that lost my interest almost immediately after starting.

Sundipped

The dragon was down and could no longer fight after that optic blast sooooo. ..........yeah it was one shot.

The legend was stupid. A complete waste of time.

The dragon did hurt him but Scott was highly resistant to (in fact he flat out no sold) the same blast coming from Hope after she copied the dragons powers.

guy222
didn't the force absorbed the dragon

and jormangund should win

cdtm
OMG don't put Thanos and IF in the same sentence! Thanos is nowhere near that bad in terms of character development or power levels.

Thanos is what he is, a low trans that went to high trans over the course of 30+ years.

Danny' s power bump is a lot less then the board hype lets on. stick out tongue

His power scaled up pretty sharply when Priest got hold of him in the 1980' s, going from not even able to KO Cage under Claremont, to knocking him cold and being careful not to take his head off, along with taking down someone Thor struggled with, and he also introduced the red suited berserk Danny.

After that, he' s been fairly consistent, hovering around being able to deck a mid to high end brick and send him flying, to struggleing with top tier martial artists.

cdtm

Danny' s power bump is a lot less then the board hype lets on. stick out tongue

His power scaled up pretty sharply when Priest got hold of him in the 1980' s, going from not even able to KO Cage under Claremont, to knocking him cold and being careful not to take his head off, along with taking down someone Thor struggled with, and he also introduced the red suited berserk Danny.

After that, he' s been fairly consistent, hovering around being able to deck a mid to high end brick and send him flying but cause minor damage, to struggleing with top tier martial artists.

cdtm
Or think of him with Spidey stats, but a much higher damage output. Spidey is another guy who can be matched pretty liberally up and down the power scale.

Lek Kuen
Just want to comment that Iron Fist barely actually taps into the dragon's power. So the fact that it empowers him and he isn't a uber being or whatever just goes more with my point. The dragon is cut off from it's own power source and is much weaker, where as Danny and them have it but can barely use even a drop of it. While i doubt it's actually phoenix level it does show that is is pretty powerful. If you look at some of the abilities people besides Danny got from it.

Resurrection powers, able to make constructs that were as real as anything else, super meditation vision, telepathy, energy absorption far behind danny.

Danny =/= It's true power by any stretch.

leonidas
how do you know the dragon is cut off from it's own power? not even sure what you mean by that. who is the most powerful being who takes power from the dragon?

Lek Kuen
how do you know the dragon is cut off from it's own power? not even sure what you mean by that. who is the most powerful being who takes power from the dragon?
When Danny and them go to seek power they fight the dragon, and then take power from it's heart. It's hard is removed from it's body and sealed away from the dragon itself.

Who the strongest idk I'd have to look through it. But Orson himself is who brought up the whole none of them even understand how to use the power because they they think have it all.

TheGodKiller

Sundipped
^
What occurred was not even close to constituting a win. Not even by forum standards.

The Phoenix and the dragon basically just navigate around each other. There wasn't any kind of attack shown at all. A distraction was all it was.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I couldn't help but laugh when Shao Lao out of nowhere was supposedly a Phoenix level entity. The last time I read of him, Iron Fists gained the right to the power of the Iron Fist by beating Shao Lao and ripping out his heart or whatever.

They probably flipped a coin between Shao Lao and Fing Fang Foom. Shit's terrible. I'll admit, it's impressive how Avenger's vs. X-men managed to simultaneously shit on every character that was popular at the same time in some way or form, whether it was characterization, ignoring history or just getting beat up every other page.

cdtm
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I couldn't help but laugh when Shao Lao out of nowhere was supposedly a Phoenix level entity. The last time I read of him, Iron Fists gained the right to the power of the Iron Fist by beating Shao Lao and ripping out his heart or whatever.

They probably flipped a coin between Shao Lao and Fing Fang Foom. Shit's terrible. I'll admit, it's impressive how Avenger's vs. X-men managed to simultaneously shit on every character that was popular at the same time in some way or form, whether it was characterization, ignoring history or just getting beat up every other page.

Claremont did compare the power of Shao Lao to Dr. Strange (And Karnilla, though I've no idea how powerful she is), when he was wrestling for possession of Wreckers crowbar, and the power lets him absorb a lot of different energies, like sorcery that should have killed him.. so it's always been pretty formidable.. I always saw an Iron Fist beating Shao as a combination of the Dragon being somewhat mindless and attacking like a brick instead of using it's power, and weakness exploitation where they block off its power with their chest, resulting in the dragon tattoo.. If Shao had a brain, he'd probably crush Danny or any former Iron Fist in an instant.

But no way, no how should it be Phoenix level, or capable of harming a Phoenix.

Mindset
Danny's power is whatever I say it is.

Mindset
Beating the dragon is just to show you are worthy of using a portion of his power.

It isn't actually showing you are more powerful than it.

Except for Danny, who is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.