Making a Superpower Not too powerful

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lorbo
i have an idea for a superhero but I am trying hard not to have her overpowered.

I'm up for suggestions.

This is the best version I have come up with so far.

Powers: Running acceleration-she can keep accelerating, she tops out at 200 mph. She can accelerate as fast as a car.

Kinetic Inertia Flight-She can keep going whatever speed she was running or moving at and fly. She can't make sudden stops or hover midair though, she would just drop down if she stopped flying, forcing her to slow her feet when she hit the ground.

Adhesion-Her skin can stick to stuff at will, which makes picking up stuff a lot easier, even with super strength.

Durability/strength-High, pretty much like hulks, EXCEPT she is vulnerable to water based attacks. When it hits her suit, her powers are drained. She can dry suit off at will but that costs durability as well. And she must wear her suit for powers to work. Water won't kill her, but once her powers are gone she's just a wet lady in breeches.

Overall I think this is a good power set. Most villains would never guess what her weakness is and would get steamrolled on a regular basis. Of course once they found out, she would be in serious trouble, and would probably have start wearing a batman utility belt for offense.

What are your ideas for making heroes that have powers but arent so overpowered that they can fly to pluto and back.

DatCanadian
The greatest way to make a balanced character is for a character to have their fair share of challenges, obstacles and weaknesses alongside their capabilities.

Example, the water weakness is pretty good. But what is the setting she's in? If it's an island like city like Venice then it would be pretty balanced. But if it's in a city with no shores, it might not be enough.

Steamrolling enemies and bosses might be too op

Shabazz916
you kinda make her to weak if water hurts her.. villians can beat her with a water gun or sumthen...

TheOneFirestorm
Obviously not planet movers for superhuman strength.

The adhesion I think gives her to much of a advantage since she already has hulk level superhuman strength.

I agree with Shab the water weakness makes her far to weak. The weakness or weaknesses could be something either made up or isn't easily accessible for example anthracite rocks with a drop of a high acid or lava that's not something a person could find in their own backyard, ace hardware, etc.

Wonder Man
Accelerated light movement so she could just vanish.

XLR87T3
Originally posted by Shabazz916
you kinda make her to weak if water hurts her.. villians can beat her with a water gun or sumthen... Green Lantern is weak to wood, and the color yellow. Are they weak?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.