Beautiful Creatures

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jacklynwst
As a major fan of the book series, I was excited when I read that the book was going to be adapted from book to the big screen. Then I saw the trailer and was, well, really disappointed. All the older chracters look great, the girl playing Lena looks good but Ethan, Link and especially Ridley were extremely miscast. Now I'm dreading the movie release and I'm afraid that movie isn't going to live up to the book. I think this book adaptation's going to flop because alot of other fans of the book feel the same way. I'm just glad John Breed, Marian, and Liv aren't introduced in this one. It gives me hope that if the first does well enough to make the second movie, that they find people who will fit the part.

siriuswriter
Just bought this trilogy online 'bout a week ago, along with the first three "The Mortal Instruments" and first two Dresden Files.

Yay for spending Christmas money on cheap books on AMAZON!!!

Ascendancy
I'm only somewhat interested because of Jeremy Irons. The trailer looked pretty weak.

quanchi112
I haven't read the books but the movie has potential. Now I will just wait for it and weigh in accordingly. This looks like it could give the movie versus more matchups against the Harry Potter wizards. I hope this movie is enjoyable and does well as I love fantasy film movies.

The_Tempest
The film's potential is confined entirely to Jeremy Irons' voice and Emmy Rossum's everything.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The_Tempest
The film's potential is confined entirely to Jeremy Irons' voice and Emmy Rossum's everything. Jeremy Iron's voice definitely stands out. Personally, I don't think this will be even close to a mega hit from the preview but I have no idea what kind of following the books have garnered. I didn't know anything about Twilight or Harry Potter until the films. Once I get started in one medium I can't really go to another.

I read the book I am Legend and when I saw the film it thoroughly disgusted me. I like these movie chain fantasies to take off to have more comparisons for the versus if anything.

The_Tempest
Where is the love for Emmy Rossum? She's sexy by any reasonable standards (i.e. physical sight & pulse).

Robtard
Looks like standard Twilight-esque angsty crap.

Rossum is great in Shameless though.

The_Tempest
Yeah but what about Emmy Rossum? Have you all no appreciation for eye candy?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Looks like standard Twilight-esque angsty crap. So you'd rather not have the Twilight films not exist ?

The_Tempest

Is it true she gets nekkid with titillating frequency?

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
So you'd rather not have the Twilight films not exist ?

Don't care if they exist or not.

What does that question have to do with what I said?

Robtard
Is it true she gets nekkid with titillating frequency?

Oh yes. Just saw her naked in this last Sunday's episode. It's nice.

The_Tempest
Oh yes. Just saw her naked in this last Sunday's episode. It's nice.

She's thoroughly intoxicating. A top 5 pick for me.

quanchi112
Don't care if they exist or not.

What does that question have to do with what I said? It's good for the movie industry overall that they do exist. You simply only care about yourself.

Robtard
She's thoroughly intoxicating. A top 5 pick for me.

I recommend you watch Shameless. It's a well written show.

There's plenty of other naked women in it as well. Some dudes too, if you're into that.

The_Tempest
The Twilight saga is fractionally redeemed by the alluring presence of Ashley Greene, another top fiver.

Robtard
It's good for the movie industry overall that they do exist. You simply only care about yourself.

You're trying too hard again.

quanchi112
You're trying too hard again. I am making valid points. I care about the movie industry not just movies I thoroughly enjoy. You think with your feelings too much. In closing you are a woman.

The_Tempest
I recommend you watch Shameless. It's a well written show.

There's plenty of other naked women in it as well. Some dudes too, if you're into that.

That's what the word on the street is. My girlfriend is presently entranced by the hour long monument to gore and fvcking that is Game of Thrones. With the exception of Californication and a few others, I've avoided the premium channel shows.

Robtard
That's what the word on the street is. My girlfriend is presently entranced by the hour long monument to gore and fvcking that is Game of Thrones. With the exception of Californication and a few others, I've avoided the premium channel shows.

Game of Thrones is ****ing epic, arguably the #1 or #2 show out now. Breaking Bad being the other. Season 3 of GoT starts up 3/31/13; I can't wait.

There are some good premium channel shows out there, don't avoid them. Try and couple eps and see if you like.

House of Lies is another decent one. Though it's gone downhill, imo. Not sure how much longer I'll be watching it.

I plan on watching Boardwalk Empire, as I've heard it's great from several people.

The Tudors is good. Though it can drag at times. This is starting back up again in a few months.

edit. Well, that was utterly all off topic. Hate to derail.

The_Tempest
Yeah, Breaking Bad is another one she really likes.

ditto
Basically.

Looks like standard Twilight-esque angsty crap.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ditto
Basically. Just wait and see the movie before you judge.

Ascendancy
The newest trailer is certainly a much better cut than the first one. Makes it look a lot more interesting. Likely I'll probably be skipping this.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Ascendancy
The newest trailer is certainly a much better cut than the first one. Makes it look a lot more interesting. Likely I'll probably be skipping this. Just go catch the matinee or at least wait and see what your friends say.

Yurika

siriuswriter
Have read the books - Stephenie Meyer's grubby little fingerprints are all over the material - but with all of these heavy-hitters signing up... I dunno. I hope the director takes advantage of the talent he's got.

The story is is basically a gender-switched Twilight. Narrated by Ethan Wate, boy sees intriguing girl in class, who ends up having magic powers. Non-powered boy becomes obsessive over mysterious girl... that sort of thing.

There is a lot of impressive stuff about voo-doo, and if you watch "Supernatural," a lot of things will be familiar Homey kind of magic. Hoo-doo before midnight can be for good, but after midnight it's voo-doo, time for evil. That part was really good.

rudester
cant wait till it comes out I want to watch..Feb 14th guys

quanchi112
I am kind of in the middle of expectations but then again I am a sucker for sorcery. I grew up loving skeletor.

Robtard
Originally posted by siriuswriter

The story is is basically a gender-switched Twilight. Narrated by Ethan Wate, boy sees intriguing girl in class, who ends up having magic powers. Non-powered boy becomes obsessive over mysterious girl... that sort of thing.

LoL, seems like I wasn't off by much.

jaden101

Your lot's version of Shameless is a cunting disgrace...Long live original Frank Gallagher.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101
Your lot's version of Shameless is a cunting disgrace...Long live original Frank Gallagher.

I can't dispute that from a comparison angle, as I've only seen the first ep of the UK version.

You're not impressed at all by Macey's portrayal of a shameless abusive conniving piece of shit drunk?

quanchi112
I bet you will see this movie, rob.

Robtard
I bet you will see this movie, rob.

I'm going to download it for my friend's 19 year old sister who loves this kind of crap.

Seeing it, I highly doubt I'd get past the first 15 mins before my angst-meter explodes and I vomit.

quanchi112
I'm going to download it for my friends 19 year old sister who loves this kind of crap.

Seeing it, I highly doubt I'd get past the first 15 mins before my angst-meter explodes and I vomit. Do you want to know what your problem is ? You are narrow minded. Learn from me.

Robtard
Do you want to know what your problem is ? You are narrow minded. Learn from me.

Listen, you like watching crap, this is just your thing. Freddy Vs Jason is (or was at one point) your favorite movie, you cream over the Harry Potter flicks like they're cinematic masterpieces and a film only need to have some angsty teens or some manner of magic or supernatural angle for you to swallow your own ******* over it. That's just not me though.

But if you like, I'll burn and send you a copy of this crap when it's available to DL, you can hug it while you sleep.

quanchi112
Listen, you like watching crap, this is just your thing. Freddy Vs Jason is (or was at one point) your favorite movie, you cream over the Harry Potter flicks like they're cinematic masterpieces and a film only need to have some angsty teens or some manner of magic or supernatural angle for you to swallow your own ******* over it. That's just not me though.

But if you like, I'll burn and send you a copy of this crap when it's available to DL, you can hug it while you sleep. Uhm wrong. I grew up loving Freddy so that film was nostalgic for me. I still remember the day I read in electronic gaming monthly that new line purchased the rights to Jason. I waited around 10 years or so to see it and it did not disappoint.

I like the Lord of the Rings films more than Harry Potter. I really liked Voldemort from Harry Potter. Prior to him I really didn't have a real affection for the films other than I was glad they existed.

There probably won't be any characters even close to Voldemort so I am just loving another mage film as a sort of comparison.

Robtard
Uhm wrong. I grew up loving Freddy so that film was nostalgic for me. I still remember the day I read in electronic gaming monthly that new line purchased the rights to Jason. I waited around 10 years or so to see it and it did not disappoint.

I like the Lord of the Rings films more than Harry Potter. I really liked Voldemort from Harry Potter. Prior to him I really didn't have a real affection for the films other than I was glad they existed.

There probably won't be any characters even close to Voldemort so I am just loving another mage film as a sort of comparison.

You don't have to justify your (imo) shitty taste to me.

LoL, no. But you don't have to justify your (imo) shitty taste to me.

Yes, got that. Some type of "magic" is all you need, regardless of quality. Have fun sitting in a theater filled with gasping teenage girls.

quanchi112
You don't have to justify your (imo) shitty taste to me.

LoL, no. But you don't have to justify your (imo) shitty taste to me.

Yes, got that. Some type of "magic" is all you need, regardless of quality. Have fun sitting in a theater filled with gasping teenage girls. It's all subjective so I could care less I was just explaining myself since you were wrong about it. You champion a pansy by the name of McClane.

No, I like wizards but obviously there are plenty of examples of lackluster wizards. Out of Harry Potter, LOTR, Sorcerer's Apprentice, and Willow only Voldemort stands out. So really liking a mage is really slim to none. I do like magic though.

If you are going to say something make it accurate.

Robtard
It's all subjective so I could care less I was just explaining myself since you were wrong about it. You champion a pansy by the name of McClane.

No, I like wizards but obviously there are plenty of examples of lackluster wizards. Out of Harry Potter, LOTR, Sorcerer's Apprentice, and Willow only Voldemort stands out. So really liking a mage is really slim to none. I do like magic though.

If you are going to say something make it accurate.

Yes, it's apparent you care. Now you sound angry and are lashing out the only way you can.

There are more wizard/mage/magic-user films than just those four films/franchises. Just an FYI. Yes covered that.

What I said was 100% accurate, it just happened to upset you.

quanchi112
Yes, it's apparent you care. Now you sound angry and are lashing out the only way you can.

There are more wizard/mage/magic-user films than just those four films/franchises. Just an FYI. Yes covered that.

What I said was 100% accurate, it just happened to upset you. Does this pretend the other guy is really upset tactic ever work ? You try it in virtually every thread.

I can't think of another really cool mage anywhere. I listed one franchise which deals with an entire community of wizards and Voldemort is the only one I really liked. So saying magic is all I need is dishonest.

Quit being dishonest, robbiekins.

Robtard
Repeat: You don't need my approval for what you can like.

quanchi112
Repeat: You don't need my approval for what you can like. I never said I did. I don't like anyone throwing around inaccurate statements.

rudester
so just came back from watching it...it was alright.. good but not amazing. I did have high expectations, a bit romantic a bit of this and that..I thought the director could have gone a little bit more into the characters but I liked it. I wouldn't watch this twice.

quanchi112
Originally posted by rudester
so just came back from watching it...it was alright.. good but not amazing. I did have high expectations, a bit romantic a bit of this and that..I thought the director could have gone a little bit more into the characters but I liked it. I wouldn't watch this twice. I think the potential is high and hope they rectify this with more focus on the casters while displaying their powers on screen.

simonsmi
Thanks.................

rudester
I think the potential is high and hope they rectify this with more focus on the casters while displaying their powers on screen.

Yes I believe so too, Lena Duchannes character could have delved more into the dark side. Macon Ravenwood the uncle they had said that he was evil but that he had chosen to be good for Lena, they should have gone more into the character maybe showed more of his defiance towards the relationship. same with Mrs. Lincoln character..it was a small town they could have played with the idea of a riot and the two popular girls..they could have done a better job showing her jealousy.

rudester
Originally posted by simonsmi
Thanks.................

well you should have rushed to go see it first like we did.

quanchi112
Originally posted by simonsmi
Thanks................. We didn't reveal any major plot points but don't read a thread about a movie you haven't seen the day it comes out. Common sense.

The_Tempest
Movie was surprisingly good. The two leads have great chemistry, the dialogue was shockingly witty and genuinely funny, but Irons and Thompson were horribly miscast and shit went downhill when the actual magic stuff was introduced.

Bonus points for Emmy Rossum being so obnoxiously sexy.

6/10

Rocketrobo
Adapted from the book of the big screen ,it is always a bit a letdown

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.