ROTS Sidious vs DooKu, Pre-suit Vader, Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
Who wins?

DARTH POWER
Sidious gets stomped.

The_Tempest
mmm

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by The_Tempest
mmm

LOL Stop thinking! It's a stomp and you know it!

NewGuy01
I have to say, this battle could vary a lot depending on how Sidious reacted. If he blindly went into a saberfight like he did against Mace, he's gonna get stomped. If he keeps his distance, and plays it smart, he'll still lose, but he'll kill 1 or 2 of them.

mnat801
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I have to say, this battle could vary a lot depending on how Sidious reacted. If he blindly went into a saberfight like he did against Mace, he's gonna get stomped. If he keeps his distance, and plays it smart, he'll still lose, but he'll kill 1 or 2 of them. thumb up

Ascendancy
Sidious stands back and plays each apprentice against the others. Likely he would have to favor Maul as his devotion was absolute, but I see that as his only hope of survival.

The_Tempest
Which incarnation of Maul is this?

Originally posted by Ascendancy
Sidious stands back and plays each apprentice against the others.

Unless this is a military or political contest, this sort of argument really has no place here.

Likely he would have to favor Maul as his devotion was absolute,

It depends on which version of Maul this is. TPM!Maul was absolutely loyal; TCW!Maul? Not so much.

but I see that as his only hope of survival.

Feat-to-feat, the Emperor can win this. A holistic examination that incorporates but does not hinge on feat comparisons (Arhael and Zampano's arguments come to mind) would lean against that.

Mizukage Yoda
Dooku is stated to be virtually equal to Mace Windu in sabers. The same Mace that pressured Sidious in a raw contest of the sabers. I think Dooku alone would give Sidious a handful, throw in Vader who is 80% of Sidious and Maul and you have a stomp.

Rookwood
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
Dooku is stated to be virtually equal to Mace Windu in sabers.

An earlier version of Mace.

If Dooku matched the Mace that would later battle Sidious - Dooku would have killed Sidious, himself.

But he knew he wasn't skilled enough to do so.

Darth Martin
The team will win. Maul is a beast in lightsaber combat. He probably isn't too far off from Vader in that regard. Dooku is probably equal more or less to his former master in swordsmanship.

As long as they don't let Sidious get too much seperation to employ his reasonably superior Force powers then they should take it.

Based
Done before, Sids wins.

DARTH POWER
Dooku is stated to be virtually equal to Mace Windu in sabers. The same Mace that pressured Sidious in a raw contest of the sabers. I think Dooku alone would give Sidious a handful, throw in Vader who is 80% of Sidious and Maul and you have a stomp.

thumb up

I'd say the team has this in the bag even without Maul.

Dooku was actually confident that him and a Maul equivalent together would be enough to destroy Sidious. Of course that's just his opinion.

Originally posted by Based
Done before, Sids wins.

This has been done before?

Rookwood
Dooku is stated to be virtually equal to Mace Windu in sabers.

Originally posted by Rookwood
An earlier version of Mace.

If Dooku matched the Mace that would later battle Sidious - Dooku would have killed Sidious, himself.

But he knew he wasn't skilled enough to do so.

DARTH POWER
^ If that as aimed at me, I didn't say Count Dooku can take Sidious on his own.

But if we're to trust Count Dooku's own opinion (which you do when considering how a fight between him and Sidious would go) then Dooku even with the aid of TPM Maul's equivalent should be able to take Sidious. Let alone Dooku with the aid of Pre-Suit Vader and Maul.

Rookwood
Well yah.

Kotor3
Just to be clear this is TPM Maul and ROTS Vader.

Based
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

This has been done before?

I was thinking of another one but this is what I found.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f86/t426619.html

The_Tempest
Thanks for that appalling trip down memory lane. I'm mortified, personally. facepalm

Well that changes everything.

SIDIOUS 66
O_riginally posted by The_Tempest
Feat-to-feat, the Emperor can win this. A holistic examination that incorporates but does not hinge on feat comparisons (Arhael and Zampano's arguments come to mind) would lean against that.

And even then, I still don't see them actually stomping Sidious. Sidious is far superior to Maul in every way, and considerably superior than Anakin and Dooku in terms of power and speed. So while they may likely win, I still think Sidious can at least put up a fight.

O_riginally posted by Mizukage Yoda

I disagree. Dooku has absolutely no feats to suggest that he is a match for Sidious. The quote in DR does not apply to Windu during his fight with Sidious, considering the quote was referring to Mace before that fight, and the fact that Windu only matched Sidious due to a unique state of the force, which was a result of Vaapad. We shouldn't assume that Dooku can replicate Windu's one-time feat against Sidious just because a quote calls them equals on neutral ground. Had Windu fought Dooku in a similar state and with a similar boost as he had when he fought Sidious, he would've handed Dooku his ass. Furthermore, Windu was on the verge of being overpowered by Sidious during the beginning of the duel despite being assisted by a trio of other swordmasters. It was only after Windu achieved his one-time unique state of the force, which required a little time, that he was able to match Sidious. So without his benefit from vaapad, he too is no match for Sidious.

^This is ignoring the possibility that Windu was drawing on Palpatine's own power to inhance himself. Either way one wants to interpret that fight, it's pretty clear that Windu has never fought at such a level before. So if someone wants to argue that it was a result of Windu's own unlocked potential, then that just means that Windu became that much better than Dooku right before he died. But there is absolutely nothing to suggest that Dooku can pull off such a feat. So, no, Dooku is no match for Sidious. He wasn't even a match for Yoda when having his powers greatly amped by the dark side nexus on Vjun.

The_Tempest
That sounds about right. Of course, with the embarrassingly severe beatdown Sidious dealt a more powerful Maul and Opress, he might be able to swing a victory.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by The_Tempest
That sounds about right. Of course, with the embarrassingly severe beatdown Sidious dealt a more powerful Maul and Opress, he might be able to swing a victory.

You're so biased roll eyes (sarcastic)

The_Tempest
I know, I can't help it.

mnat801
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
I disagree. Dooku has absolutely no feats to suggest that he is a match for Sidious. What about in AOTC? Where he defeated Kenobi and Skywalker, and then held his own against yoda all in one sitting? That's definitely a feat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.