Starkiller vs The Emperor's Wrath

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sybrael

Nephthys
Starkiller.

KingD19
TOR got expensive so I never got to thsi story. Do you pull off any insane Starkiller-esque stuff?

axel_jovan
Starkiller demolishes...
might as well swap the Wrath with the Emperor, Starkiller still rolls.

Nephthys
No he doesn't. Vitiate would beat Starkiller imo.

axel_jovan
nah-uh smile

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by axel_jovan
Starkiller demolishes...
might as well swap the Wrath with the Emperor, Starkiller still rolls.
That's too far, Vitiate would fry Starkiller.

Arhael
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
That's too far, Vitiate would fry Starkiller.
Or make him taste his own lightning like he did it with Sidious. smile

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Arhael
Or make him taste his own lightning like he did it with Sidious. smile

The same Sidious who Starkiller was 'no match for'. I rate the Sith Emperor as being on par with ROTS Sidious if not a bit more powerful than ROTS Sidious in the force. And in a contest of the force Sidious still can zap Starkiller.

Arhael
The same Sidious who Starkiller was 'no match for'. I rate the Sith Emperor as being on par with ROTS Sidious if not a bit more powerful than ROTS Sidious in the force. And in a contest of the force Sidious still can zap Starkiller.
Marek was no match in unfair contest, he was tanking lightning like Yoda but without Force absorb. Marek can use lightsaber to block lightning instead.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Arhael
Marek was no match in unfair contest, he was tanking lightning like Yoda but without Force absorb. Marek can use lightsaber to block lightning instead.

Pretty sure the DB said that he was just no match for Sidious.
He could try to block Sidious' lightning with a saber, of course he'd end up eating Lightsaber just as Mace Windu was about to. Marek isn't really close to Mace in swordsmanship he was getting his ass handed to him by Kazdan Paratus, Shaak Ti, and Vader in sabers, its his force prowess which gives him his claim to fame.

The_Tempest

It did, as does the Encyclopedia. The Emperor is more powerful than Marek. The only disputable subject is to what degree.

NewGuy01
Vitiate would defeat Starkiller in a pretty good battle. Howver, Starkiller stomps this match.

DARTH POWER
Marek isn't really close to Mace in swordsmanship he was getting his ass handed to him by Kazdan Paratus, Shaak Ti, and Vader in sabers,

No he wasn't. He beat all of them in Sabers except for Shaak Ti who suicide attacked him - so technically that was a stalemate, and even that was before a couple of power ups later on in the book.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
No he wasn't. He beat all of them in Sabers except for Shaak Ti who suicide attacked him - so technically that was a stalemate, and even that was before a couple of power ups later on in the book.

On the contrary, I believe Vader was a superior swordsman to Marek, however, Marek takes all of the others in this category.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by NewGuy01
On the contrary, I believe Vader was a superior swordsman to Marek, however, Marek takes all of the others in this category.

How do you figure that when Marek won their duel?

NewGuy01
If I recall correctly, in the novel, during their saber-fight, Vader was hammering at Galen. I believe Galen enraged him with something he said, causing him to go on a complete offense, and leave an opening that Galen then hammered upon, and continued to barrage Vader with Force Powers.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by NewGuy01
If I recall correctly, in the novel, during their saber-fight, Vader was hammering at Galen. I believe Galen enraged him with something he said, causing him to go on a complete offense, and leave an opening that Galen then hammered upon, and continued to barrage Vader with Force Powers.

Vader was hammering at Galen but he did successfully defend himself from that hammering.
Still Galen was the one who found the opening and got through Vader's defenses. Even if he used some Dun Moch crap to do it, don't see how that makes Vader superior.

NewGuy01
That doesn't give Galen superior light-saber skills to Vader. That makes Galen more cunning, and smart than Vader.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

I am pretty sure that in at least one of the sources he was getting stomped by Shaak Ti in raw sabers. I may be wrong but I'd like a quote if possible.

Arhael
He could try to block Sidious' lightning with a saber, of course he'd end up eating Lightsaber just as Mace Windu was about to. Marek isn't really close to Mace in swordsmanship he was getting his ass handed to him by Kazdan Paratus, Shaak Ti, and Vader in sabers, its his force prowess which gives him his claim to fame.
Encyclopedia refers to their final contest.

Check this:
"then a deafening crackle split the air and Jaina found herself flying backward on a bolt of Force lightning. She slammed into the wall of a settling tank and remained pinned there, teeth grinding, nerves burning, limbs paralyzed-until Ben shoved his crimson lightsaber into the dancing fork of energy.

Jaina collapsed to her knees, muscles throbbing and quivering and generally useless. Her attacker let his lightning sizzle out and reached for his lightsaber, but she was already grabbing him in the Force. She jerked him off the cabinet and down into the aisle. The Sith was still crying out in shock when her cousin finished him of".

Jaina blocked even Jacen's lightning as well as tanked all his other Force attacks. Yet, as you see an unknown Sith, who is nowhere as powerful as her, rendered her completely useless with lightning.

And Marek according to book is in exactly the same situation. Yet, Marek demonstrated incredible resistance and even managed to reach Sidious and make him suffer from his own lightning as well. Any lesser Sith would get fried in such situation.

If Marek used lightsaber instead, it could possibly have turned out differently and that possibility is demonstrated in the game.

And characters don't need to be match for Palpatine's power to defeat him. Windu wasn't. He nearly got overwhelmed by Sidious' lightning despite using lightsaber to block it. And you know what happened, when Windu was without lightsaber. In short without lightsaber or absorb no one gonna be much for Palpatine's power.

Marek in comparison without absorb ability managed to make Sidious tip his head and howl like Yoda.

But, if we consider Palpatin being in young body and with lightsaber, then yes, Marek gets handled regardless.

DARTH POWER
I am pretty sure that in at least one of the sources he was getting stomped by Shaak Ti in raw sabers. I may be wrong but I'd like a quote if possible.

From the novel:

"He backed away, shocked by how close he had come to death and how lucky he had been to defeat her. He had raised his lightsaber by reflex. She had, in desperation of her final assault, practically thrown herself on the blade. Perhaps she had meant for the two of them to defeat each other at the same time."

In the comic book there's like one saber clash. It's more of a force fight. First she's winning, gets the Sarlaac to wrap him up, then he unleashses his rage and stomps her.

S_W_LeGenD
Marek is unlikely to handle Scourge with his martial skills alone but he will put Scourge out of commission in an all out struggle.

Star Wars The Old Republic Encyclopedia have changed my perception about Lord Scourge, to be honest. This guy is bad@ss.

Even in Revan novel, Scourge handled two Imperial Guard individuals simultaneously (which is very impressive feat) and dominated all other contestants barring Nyriss in an all out confrontation.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.