Elementary is Excellent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ThePainefulTrut
There is a very worthy successor to House MD, called Elementary where Sherlock Holmes is reborn (actually newborn) lock, stock and British accent to NY City. House had parallels to Doyle's intrepid detective, but this is even better and rivals A.C. Doyle himself (re: last night's superb episode @, http.tv.com/shows/elementary/watch/m--2622643/). The writing and the "thespianic" rapport between the writer(s) and Johnny Lee Miller (Sherlock) is pure genius, due in no small part to his masterful delivery. You can't help but like it.

Check it out on Thursdays, CBS.

the ninjak
Don't compare this show to Doyle's vision.

You reek of marketing bot.

BruceSkywalker
i've never heard of this lol

Mindset
Originally posted by the ninjak
Don't compare this show to Doyle's vision.

You reek of marketing bot. The show is good.

Kento
The show is good.....IF you don't think of it as Sherlock Holmes.

the ninjak
Fair enough. I may give it a chance in a year or so.

ditto
Lucy Liu...
That is all.

Pure Passioné
I love this take on Sherlock Holmes. Never heard of Johnny Lee Millar before, but what a talented man.

Jedi Sheriff
I'm a massive Sherlock Holmes fan and have been since childhood, I must admit that I quite like the way Jonny Lee Miller plays the character. Not the best Sherlock by any stretch, but I like how he plays it a little differently.

wilco
Originally posted by ThePainefulTrut
There is a very worthy successor to House MD, called Elementary where Sherlock Holmes is reborn (actually newborn) lock, stock and British accent to NY City. House had parallels to Doyle's intrepid detective, but this is even better and rivals A.C. Doyle himself (re: last night's superb episode @, http.tv.com/shows/elementary/watch/m--2622643/). The writing and the "thespianic" rapport between the writer(s) and Johnny Lee Miller (Sherlock) is pure genius, due in no small part to his masterful delivery. You can't help but like it.

Check it out on Thursdays, CBS.

Great show, as we have 5 free to air networks here in Australia and they have Elementary on a Sunday night. Thank goodness, as another network here in OZ plays Big Brother 7 days a week..JESUS Christ!

I'm not sure who watches in Australia because I have a few older nieces and a nephew (14, 18, 19) and they don't watch it!

Bardock42
It is excellent though. A fantastic version. And just generally really good TV. I might possibly prefer it to BBC Sherlock. I love the competent Watson.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.