Where is Raz?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Clovie
Seriously?

Impediment
Raz was last seen in August of last year. He came back for two weeks to make a few minor changes, but not the changes we really needed. After that, he became MIA again.

We haven't heard anything from him, despite sending him emails and PMs.

Clovie
weird. i thought maybe he's gonna give someone else powers. coz if i remember correctly servers are in texas or something anyway.. and for sure not at Raz's place.

but if he showed up last year it means at least that he's alive..

WanderingDroid
Originally posted by Clovie
Seriously?

I dunno...I was out all 2012 hidding in my underground vault awaiting the Maya Apocalpyse Disaster of December 21, 2012.

Didn't happen and so now I'm here.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Impediment
Raz was last seen in August of last year. He came back for two weeks to make a few minor changes, but not the changes we really needed. After that, he became MIA again.

We haven't heard anything from him, despite sending him emails and PMs.

From his profile, I know he logged in last month, but other than that he's ignored us. This is a slap in the face, especially considering he said that he was back for good. Bullshit.

Ridley_Prime
I guess something came up and/or he changed his mind? srug

Clovie
apocalypse. yes big grin

and have you ever considered that without him whole forums might got shut down out of the blue one day? and what then?

and Lance, when did he said he's back for good? b'cause I've obviously missed this part.

LanceWindu
apocalypse. yes big grin

and have you ever considered that without him whole forums might got shut down out of the blue one day? and what then?

and Lance, when did he said he's back for good? b'cause I've obviously missed this part.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=13942670#post13942670

After he said that, he made one or two more posts, then disappeared again and he still hasn't returned.

Clovie
okaay blink that's weird.

but I guess we'll see him in june/july big grin

Robtard
Raz is KMC's biggest troll now. smile

"Hi guys, I'm back!"

*leaves* *ignores*

the ninjak
Raz made some odd comment on how he was "back for good" then jumped ship last year.

Don't expect anything more.
It's a fascinating look into Internet culture that such an individual can create such a social forum yet care no more than profit from it whilst leaving individuals to police it.

Clovie
and that's the part I don't get. He used to care. seriously. he even banned me. twice. blink

Barker
I've said it a hundred times, someone needs to set up a KMC 2 because Raz obviously doesn't give a shit.

Ushgarak
I am unsure why people seem confused or surprised. It's been over 13 years since these forums got going. People's circumstances and priorities change.

Whatever else you might think about things now, Raz still set up and created this place, and if you ever enjoyed or still enjoy any part of that, he gave all that to everyone for free. That didn't come with a contractual obligation to stay paying full attention to this place forever.

You really should be thankful for what he made rather than laying into him because his life has him in a different place right now. I am sure he intended to do as he said, but real life is not that simple. Things get in the way. Inertia builds up. Hostile attitudes from people become very off-putting once it is a little delayed. It would be great if he was able to make certain changes, but frankly the core of what this place ever was is still here regardless. If you want to go somewhere else, go somewhere else. If you still enjoy this place, you still have him to thank for it.

If you are not finding any other place that you find better to be than here, then I am not really sure moaning about Raz, who, again, gave this place to you for free, is particularly appropriate.

Impediment
I just hope that he's doing well since he's been absent for so long. He said that he was staying around but he suddenly disappeared again without warning.

Scythe
Turns out Raz is just alittle bit of each and every one of us. We're apparently not believing.

Clovie
who's moaning? I've been wondering if he's ok blink

LanceWindu
who's moaning? I've been wondering if he's ok blink

He's talking to me, pretty much. srug

NemeBro
Originally posted by Raz
I'm sticking around this time wink

lol

the ninjak
If the guy is bored after 13 years then so be it.

Give someone else power for creative control.

Syren
Originally posted by Ushgarak
I am unsure why people seem confused or surprised. It's been over 13 years since these forums got going. People's circumstances and priorities change.

Whatever else you might think about things now, Raz still set up and created this place, and if you ever enjoyed or still enjoy any part of that, he gave all that to everyone for free. That didn't come with a contractual obligation to stay paying full attention to this place forever.

You really should be thankful for what he made rather than laying into him because his life has him in a different place right now. I am sure he intended to do as he said, but real life is not that simple. Things get in the way. Inertia builds up. Hostile attitudes from people become very off-putting once it is a little delayed. It would be great if he was able to make certain changes, but frankly the core of what this place ever was is still here regardless. If you want to go somewhere else, go somewhere else. If you still enjoy this place, you still have him to thank for it.

If you are not finding any other place that you find better to be than here, then I am not really sure moaning about Raz, who, again, gave this place to you for free, is particularly appropriate.

This.

Also, I should've made Moderator. My biggest regret nahuh

Dusty
R.I.P. Raz

NemeBro
Well no.

He should have given admin position to someone else if he no longer had the desire or the time to run this place. thumb up

Ushgarak
It's not a public service, so he's under no responsibility there. But again, ideally he probably would set up a situation like that, but it's really nowhere near as simple to do as people want to think, and ultimately I actually think it makes little difference.

NemeBro
I've been the admin of forums and have made people admins of forums, as well as demoting them.

It took about five minutes.

I can't imagine KMC's admin control panel is that much more super advanced and complicated.

Tzeentch._
It's possible that KMC has a laughably atrocious UI, thus disabling Raz from making the 3 or 4 clicks nescearry to make someone an admin, like you can do on every single other forum in existence.

LanceWindu
The only problem he would possibly come into contact with is WHO to make Admin.

Like the others have said, it's simple shit to promote someone. I've run multiple forums. and KMC's vBulletin isn't much past vanilla.

Ushgarak
Obviously I didn't mean the technical side. If you don't appreciate the other difficulties, fair enough but they are there- else it would have been done.

However, there is no point in further discussion on the matter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.