Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet vs Dawn of Time Anti-Monitor...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Thanos with the Infinty Gauntlet vs the Anti-Monitor when he was at his strongest (which was at the Dawn of Time)...

Battle to the Death or KO with no BFR...

Who wins?

TheLordofMurder
Small lead for the Anti-Monitor at present; anyone care to support their votes with argument?

quanchi112
Thanos, easily.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos, easily.

Based on?

DTM
Id say Thanos with the IG as well. The Anti-Monitor was powerful to be sure, but the IG was superior to Eternity and Death, and on par with the LT, which I do see as more powerful than AM.

ThereIsHope
Thanos, easily.

Based on?

SquallX
Originally posted by DTM
Id say Thanos with the IG as well. The Anti-Monitor was powerful to be sure, but the IG was superior to Eternity and Death, and on par with the LT, which I do see as more powerful than AM.

Is that why with the HOTU, a far more powerful version of the tech, he still died fixing the flaw?

Where as Anti at his height of power survived Creation Blast. The same blast that destroyed the Pre Crisis era and started the Post Crisis era.

Thanos needs the HOTU to even hang with this version of Anti.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Based on? His abilities.Originally posted by ThereIsHope
Based on? The lack of Anti Monitor's combat power.

iceman24567
The AM

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
The AM How ?

curryman
Originally posted by DTM

It was never on-par with the LT.

quanchi112
Originally posted by curryman
It was never on-par with the LT. Why not ?

curryman
Why not ?

Since he was far more powerful?

Zack Fair
Anti-Monitor.

quanchi112
Since he was far more powerful? Where do you ge the idea far more powerful from ? Originally posted by Zack Fair
Anti-Monitor. How ?

curryman
Where do you ge the idea far more powerful from ?

The Infinity Gauntlet comic.

quanchi112
The Infinity Gauntlet comic. Did you miss the comic where Lt would have to destroy all of reality to supposedly beat an ig user ?

curryman
Did you miss the comic where Lt would have to destroy all of reality to supposedly beat an ig user ? 7

No I didn't.

How does this not put the LT above the IG?

quanchi112

No I didn't.

How does this not put the LT above the IG? You said far more powerful. That to me doesn't prove he's far more powerful if he has to destroy an entire reality to beat an ig user. That's all hearsay as it's never been proven anyway.

TheLordofMurder
I am curious Quanchi...

Dawn of Time Anti-Monitor was capable of surviving the Creation Blast...what makes you think the IG can attack with anymore force than that?

quanchi112
I am curious Quanchi...

Dawn of Time Anti-Monitor was capable of surviving the Creation Blast...what makes you think the IG can attack with anymore force than that? Since when was that blast designed to destroy anyone ? I am curious enlighten me.

curryman
You said far more powerful. That to me doesn't prove he's far more powerful if he has to destroy an entire reality to beat an ig user. That's all hearsay as it's never been proven anyway.

Yeah, the LT's not very credible.

quanchi112
Yeah, the LT's not very credible. Not saying he isn't but destroying all of reality shows he isn't far more powerful than the ig user.

TheLordofMurder
Since when was that blast designed to destroy anyone ? I am curious enlighten me.

That blast might not be "designed" to destroy, but if you are standing right infront of the Big Bang when it goes "bang", you are going to sustain tremendous damage...

Comeon Quanchi...common sense.

Zack Fair
LoL.

abhilegend
Anti-monitor.

DTM
It was never on-par with the LT.

I disagree.

Sundipped
Not saying he isn't but destroying all of reality shows he isn't far more powerful than the ig user.

Gotta agree with quan on this...in terms of the AM.
Not to mention a incomplete IG repelled the force of a device (UN) that is capable of resetting/restarting the multiverse.

People tend to forget how easy it was for Thanos to first tank this combined effort:

http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/14793337_theinfinityguantlet0523yi6.jpg then do this http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/14793338_theinfinityguantlet0524xc4.jpg

Just saying. no expression

quanchi112
That blast might not be "designed" to destroy, but if you are standing right infront of the Big Bang when it goes "bang", you are going to sustain tremendous damage...

The fact it created not destroyed. It's like saying ignore the fact Am was whooped on before or after far less than the power that created the universe and pretending he's unhurtable. If you read the arc you'd realize how silly this notion of dawn of time Anti Monitor is.

DTM
This is actually a more impressive feat for the IG, as unlike Thanos, Nebula had no experience using the IG, and she still beat the same gathering of Cosmics (literally the most powerful beings in Marvel), which according to the narration of this scene, even a dullard with the IG could do the same. That is POWER.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/67610/2243937-the_infinity_gauntlet_06_19.png

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/67610/1704430-the_infinity_gauntlet_06_22.jpg

Sundipped
Originally posted by DTM
This is actually a more impressive feat for the IG, as unlike Thanos, Nebula had no experience using the IG, and she still beat the same gathering of Cosmics (literally the most powerful beings in Marvel), which according to the narration of this scene, even a dullard with the IG could do the same. That is POWER.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/67610/2243937-the_infinity_gauntlet_06_19.png

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/67610/1704430-the_infinity_gauntlet_06_22.jpg

Yep. I just pointed out what Thanos did because he's in this thread. Everything was done with ease by both of them.

DTM
Oh I know, I didnt mean to sound like I was competing against your post or anything, just showing off the Unreal Power that the IG had when it first came out (I hear, like The Beyonder, it too was retconned into being much weaker since then......shame).

TheLordofMurder
@Quanchi

Thats why the thread specifies "Dawn of Time" Anti-Monitor as this is when he was at his very strongest...thus what happened to him before or after his encounter with the Creation Blast is irrelevent.

As pertains the Creation Blast itself, again, common sense; yes it created but it also released an unthinkable quantity of energy in the process...a quantity of energy that the AM had to tank.

You are just playing dumb; I know you are smart enough to know the above (atleast I hope you are?)...

The AM tanking that blast was beyond anything tanked by an IG user...

armedforbattle

Well Galactus survived the big bang. And the IG>Galactus.
Sorry but thANUS wins this.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by armedforbattle

when he survive the big bang..he wasn't Galactus..

curryman
Originally posted by armedforbattle

And it's not like it was Galan's mad durability that let him survive it....

ThereIsHope
Since when was that blast designed to destroy anyone ? I am curious enlighten me.

LOL You must have tried really hard to think your way through this argument.

quanchi: well yeah it was such a powerful explosion hmmm how do I prove thanos is the best. (sips coffie from my thanos coffie mug) OH IT WASNT DESGIEND TO HURT SOMEONE WOOT THANOS ONE, LOGIC 0

ThereIsHope
@Quanchi

Thats why the thread specifies "Dawn of Time" Anti-Monitor as this is when he was at his very strongest...thus what happened to him before or after his encounter with the Creation Blast is irrelevent.

As pertains the Creation Blast itself, again, common sense; yes it created but it also released an unthinkable quantity of energy in the process...a quantity of energy that the AM had to tank.

You are just playing dumb; I know you are smart enough to know the above (atleast I hope you are?)...

The AM tanking that blast was beyond anything tanked by an IG user...

Ive you've seen quanchis posts in other threads you should know he doesnt play dumb, he is dumb.

ilikecomics
yay for ad hominem fallacies.

quanchi112
@Quanchi

The AM tanking that blast was beyond anything tanked by an IG user... He survived the blast it doesn't mean his durability is that of anything less can't harm him. That's silly and others who have survived big bangs don't get the same pass. It's silly.

Thanos alters his mind or soul. Thanos doesn't even have to destroy him. You seem to think more powerful means auto win despite the fat Thanos is more powerful here he can in a variety of ways.

Originally posted by ThereIsHope
LOL You must have tried really hard to think your way through this argument.

quanchi: well yeah it was such a powerful explosion hmmm how do I prove thanos is the best. (sips coffie from my thanos coffie mug) OH IT WASNT DESGIEND TO HURT SOMEONE WOOT THANOS ONE, LOGIC 0 Thanos can do anything with the ig. Read up on it, hater.

bbrem123
thanos

ThereIsHope
Originally posted by ilikecomics
yay for ad hominem fallacies.

Cant be fallacies if they have fact.

ThereIsHope
He survived the blast it doesn't mean his durability is that of anything less can't harm him. That's silly and others who have survived big bangs don't get the same pass. It's silly.

Thanos alters his mind or soul. Thanos doesn't even have to destroy him. You seem to think more powerful means auto win despite the fat Thanos is more powerful here he can in a variety of ways.

Thanos can do anything with the ig. Read up on it, hater.

Uh huh. Your argument makes no sense. Your making mental gymnastics. Well the cow makes milk but the cow cant drink its own milk thus the cow blah blah blah. Moving on

No the IG cant do everything if it could why did the LT depower it. Another one of yoru DUHHH moments like when you said Thanos with out any help could defeat Lucifer Morningstar.

quanchi112
Uh huh. Your argument makes no sense. Your making mental gymnastics. Well the cow makes milk but the cow cant drink its own milk thus the cow blah blah blah. Moving on

No the IG cant do everything if it could why did the LT depower it. Another one of yoru DUHHH moments like when you said Thanos with out any help could defeat Lucifer Morningstar. The ig was surrendered willingly without that there had to be a fight to take.

Lucifer's fire didn't even kill a random angel and we see random angels slaughtered in the masses.

Thanos alters his soul or mind. Thanos sees what happens before it happens making the Am someone he'd easily own here.

iceman24567
AM still

DTM
Keep in mind, the LT only depowered the IG after Warlock willingly gave it up and divided the gems (truth be told, LT never depowered the IG, he just decreed that the gems couldnt be used in unison again without Eternitys permission - but again, that law was made after the gems were split up already).

Personally, while theres obviously no In Panel proof of this, in my opinion Thanos with the IG is fully capable of surviving the Big Bang. The IG when it first came out basically made its wielder the the master of Everything, and considering the feats weve seen it during its series, that was proven again and again.

TheLordofMurder
He survived the blast it doesn't mean his durability is that of anything less can't harm him. That's silly and others who have survived big bangs don't get the same pass. It's silly.

I dont think Thanos can alter his mind or soul...even with the IG.

In comics (as we have seen again and again and again), simply being "powerful" (and growing in power) tends to make one more and more resistant to attacks of all types...

At the time of the Creation Blast, the Anti-Monitor was so powerful, that I have no doubt that he'd beyond being defeated by the tactics you suggest would work Quanchi...

quanchi112
I dont think Thanos can alter his mind or soul...even with the IG.

In comics (as we have seen again and again and again), simply being "powerful" (and growing in power) tends to make one more and more resistant to attacks of all types...

At the time of the Creation Blast, the Anti-Monitor was so powerful, that I have no doubt that he'd beyond being defeated by the tactics you suggest would work Quanchi... You are just saying yo don't think so because you don't think so. Power/durability doesn't equate into total mastery of the soul or mind and the ability to defend against such attacks.

Attacking someone's soul has nothing to do with tanking a powerful blast you claim destroys people without anything to back it up.

Thanos, easily.

TheLordofMurder
You are just saying yo don't think so because you don't think so. Power/durability doesn't equate into total mastery of the soul or mind and the ability to defend against such attacks.

Attacking someone's soul has nothing to do with tanking a powerful blast you claim destroys people without anything to back it up.

Thanos, easily.

Ah, but the IG doesnt give total mastery of anything...does it?

Afterall, there are clearly levels of power beyond the IG...arent there?

So, no...no IG user is all powerful...and no IG user has mastery over power, time, space, reality, mind, and soul as there are levels of power beyond the IG.

Being able to tank the Creation Blast off nothing but raw durability>>>>>>any of the manipulations you suggest would work.

leonidas
yeah, i'll take am. he'd gathered power from many many universes. ig is just a universal weapon imo.

Odekahn
AM wins all day, everyday.

Mr Master
If AM was = to the 'representative power of TOAA' (or DC equivalent) ... then he wins.

Otherwise .. No!

The 616 IG:

It's the power of the previous "Supreme being" (Infinity Being)
and the ONLY level above it on panel was the 'Representative Power of TOAA'

http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12437788_LT_above_IG.jpg

http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12437789_LT_above_IG2.jpg

The LT, being TOAA's representative is above the IG by default.

-------------------------------------------------

In Marvel comics,
from what we know that was portrayed on panel
and defined in the handbooks:

Only TOAA or a representative power of TOAA is > 616 IG

It's too bad Thanos only wanted 616 and therefore didn't crack/remake/or created one, two or a million Multiverses.
(although, he usurped Eternity's position as the Center of All Reality)

Those are the facts.

Although, what Thanos did resulted in an omni-directional ripple
that billowed outward of 616 and devastated reality till the ends of the Omniverse,
then proceeded to pass BEYOND the Omniverse and into the Beyond Realm,
where it still continued to devastate reality even OUTSIDE the infinities of creation.

http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12437792_IG_beyond_Universe_2.jpghttp://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12437793_IG_beyond_Universe_3.jpg

... meh ... Magus & Warlock battled across Countless UniverseS
both Astral and Physical ... with the Incomplete IG. cool
Aside from Magus controlling multiple Realities (one being 616) from over 100 UniverseS away.

ThereIsHope
I dont think that the IG is the power of TOAA if it is then I admit im wrong. But i dont think it is.

Mr Master
^^ I also don't think ... actually I know it's not the power of TOAA.

This is exactly why:
Originally posted by Mr Master

TOAA or a representative power of TOAA is > 616 IG
thumb up

KuRuPT Thanosi
What battle feats does the AM have... who was the most powerful person he beat? Surely, it must be an impressive list to generate so many votes for he AM.

IMO it's the IG all day, and three times on sunday

Mshinu
There are no trees to speak of at dawn of time so Thermos` weakness is negated, AM loses.

TheLordofMurder
@Mr Master

I am well aware of what was said on panel during the Infinity Arcs pertaining to the IG...

HOWEVER things have a tendency change over time in comics; things that were once true are no longer true over time...

I cant recall the characters name, but didnt some guy acquire enough power to battle Thanos with the IG sans the backing of TOAA?

Hasnt Scathan demostrated his power to be beyond that of the LT's (who appears to be superior to the IG)? Does Scathan have TOAA's backing? I certainly saw nothing on panel to indicate that he did...

You have said it yourself (and others, myself included, agree with this; heck, even MEPHISTO himself said this during the Infinity War) that a lone CCU is theoretically equal to a complete IG; do CCU's have TOAA's backing?

I think not...

All in all, I dont think the IG only being able to be beaten by TOAA or his representative is true anymore...

KuRuPT Thanosi
Can I get those battle feats of the AM again..

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Can I get those battle feats of the AM again..

Well Dawn of Time Anti-Monitor has no battle feats...

However he did acquire a tremendous amount of power from multiple universes and tanked the Creation Blast...

So while he doesnt have combat feats at this stage, he still was clearly tremendously powerful...

TheLordofMurder
@Mr Master

I did error; Mephisto made his comment about CCU's being all-powerful during the Infinity Crusade...not the Infinity War.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Well Dawn of Time Anti-Monitor has no battle feats...

However he did acquire a tremendous amount of power from multiple universes and tanked the Creation Blast...

So while he doesnt have combat feats at this stage, he still was clearly tremendously powerful...

So people are voting for something that doesn't have battle feats over somebody who wtfpwnd Celestials.. Galactus... Eternity etc etc with utter ease... Yeah.. makes sense to me :facepalm:

Mr Master

@Mr Master

I am well aware of what was said on panel during the Infinity Arcs pertaining to the IG...

HOWEVER things have a tendency change over time in comics; things that were once true are no longer true over time...
I agree.

616 IG hasn't change though.

I cant recall the characters name, but didnt some guy acquire
enough power to battle Thanos with the IG sans the backing of TOAA?
No.

If you're referring to Maelstrom, (in the Quasar book) he came to
Thanos who had just acquired the IG. Talked some crap,
then Thanos blasted him and it seemed he was disintegrated,
then he re-appeared and disappeared.

No one can say for sure what happened.
I always felt Mael was erased and brought back by Oblivion who he was working for.

Anyway, what we do know for sure is:

IG > all the Abstracts easily.

While Maelstrom (harnessing Oblivion's power + Eon's Awareness +
Anomaly + Quasar's Bands + his own inherent powers)
was stalemated by an Infinity empowered Quasar.

It wasn't Maelstrom's time to go at that point,
which is why the Writer had him bump into a Newb IG wielding Thanos.

Thanos after adapting to Godhood murders that punk.

Hasnt Scathan demostrated his power to be beyond that of the
LT's (who appears to be superior to the IG)? Does Scathan have
TOAA's backing? I certainly saw nothing on panel to indicate that he did...
That's 1000 Years from now.

So the LT is still second only to TOAA.

You have said it yourself (and others, myself included, agree
with this; heck, even MEPHISTO himself said this during the Infinity
War) that a lone CCU is theoretically equal to a complete IG;
do CCU's have TOAA's backing?

I think not...
Theoretically? Yes.

Positively? No.

CCU can make you like unto God in reality as well though. For sure.

Also, the CCU energy comes from the BeyonderS.

A realm/race that makes "All There Is .... dwindle into insignificance"

The BeyonderS may be a an entire race of pre-retcon Beyonders.

All in all,
I dont think the IG only being able to be beaten by TOAA or his representative is true anymore...
I haven't seen anything that changes that.

Although,
considering the BeyonderS are Beyond/Outside all creation,
and a minute bit of their power has proven to be all encompassing,
they may be the only legit threat to the 616 IG imo.

Don't get me wrong,
others have come and gone
that may be on par with the scale of influence over Reality of the IG,
but they're no longer around. sad

Galan007
It took the power of a massively amped Spectre just to thwart DoT AM:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/14819573_COIEHC-293.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/14819574_COIEHC-294.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/14819575_COIEHC-295.jpg
" sees worlds that have never existed and never will! He sees shapes and colors and patterns and concepts undreamt of by even his master!(God)"

Or to put it even simpler, Spectre possessed "infinite energy":
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/14819743_COIEHC-334.jpg

Despite wielding such power, it was Spectre who was rendered comatose/incapacitated in the wake of his and AM's battle:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/14819721_2.jpg

While AM himself was none the worse for wear:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/14819738_3.jpg

Why was AM so powerful? Because he had absorbed the energies of an infinite amount of universes.

Mr Master
thumb up At-least Galan brought in some perspective for AM.

================================================

What is the power of the 616 Infinity Gems, where did it come from?

================================================

There's several instances where it was explained, here are two of them:

(they're all the same basically)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had this one already saved so ...

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12446871_IG_IB9.jpg

"Gems ... they were once a being of limitless power."

"This Being was the only Living Thing that Existed within Any and ALL Realities"

"It was all that Was and all that was, was it"

"This being was Infinity and Forever"

"No one fault you for calling it GOD ... what other name would fit?"

---------------------------------------------------------------

(which makes sense)

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12451335_IG_IB10.jpg

"ALL That Was Was already Part of Itself ... there was NO Other in it's Life"

"It chose to put an End to itself ...

from it's Ashes rose ALL That is currently Reality ... in ALL it's many forms"

*** The core of this being might was re-incarnated in the 6 Infinity Gems"

Diana (character from another Multiverse tells us basically the same thing:

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12446876_IG_IB8.jpg

"There was a GOD with the power of Infinity, even with control of All that is,
the God's loneliness could not be soothed. By his own hand he died"

Aside from creating the Marvel Omniverse & the placing its power in the 6 Gems ...

The Infinity Being performed one feat on panel, (in a re-telling)
perhaps the only one we have.

The IB was filled with life, but since literally anything/everything was part of it,
(no peers of any kind)
it felt lonely.

Anyway, one time the IB took a part of itself and created countless life-forms
that turned into demons (Mephisto being one of them)
the IB was unhappy with this creation and so it annihilated all of them. (one shot)

==========================

In the Ultraverse "some left over energy" of the 6 Gems,
remade several MultiverseS on panel, maybe the Omniverse entire.

That's its most incredible feat! (and it wasn't even complete IG power) lol

I have those scans. smile

leonidas
Originally posted by Galan007
Why was AM so powerful? Because he had absorbed the energies of an infinite amount of universes.

yep. pretty much.

TheLordofMurder
@Mr Master

Despite the text from those scans you posted, those telling the Infinity Gems origins are not even correct as "GOD" wouldnt be an accurate description of the "Infinity" Being because there are still powers in existance equal to or beyond it...

The true TOAA has no equal or superior...theoretical or otherwise.

Thus the being that destroyed itself to give rise to the Infinity Gems was not really GOD at all...

TheLordofMurder
@Galan007

Its been a while since I've seen those scans...freakin epic!

thumb up

quanchi112
Ah, but the IG doesnt give total mastery of anything...does it?

Afterall, there are clearly levels of power beyond the IG...arent there?

So, no...no IG user is all powerful...and no IG user has mastery over power, time, space, reality, mind, and soul as there are levels of power beyond the IG.

Being able to tank the Creation Blast off nothing but raw durability>>>>>>any of the manipulations you suggest would work. Then prove it doesn't have total mastery over those aspects since it was stated that's exactly what it does.

Your logic is horribly flawed. It's like saying Superman can tank black holes so he can resist his soul being taken. It's flawed and a completely different tactic.

You need to back up your claims.

Sundipped

Or to put it even simpler, Spectre possessed "infinite energy":
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/14819743_COIEHC-334.jpg

When Thanks one shot a solar system worth of planets he was stated as having "power without limit". Just wanted to throw that out there.

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/14830331_701028-death_of_the_celestials_super.jpg

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sundipped
When Thanks one shot a solar system worth of planets he was stated as having "power without limit". Just wanted to throw that out there.

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/14830331_701028-death_of_the_celestials_super.jpg Thanos also possessed infinite power/energy so galan's scan really doesn't mean much imo.

Sundipped
^^
What do you mean also? You're saying the same thing. durpalm

Galan007

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/14830331_701028-death_of_the_celestials_super.jpg We could likely post a dozen scans each which reference the 'infinite power' of both parties. However, that wasn't the point/intention of my post. thumb up

Sundipped
I know, just wanted to remind everyone about what was said about Thanos since you brought up Spectre.

quanchi112
^^
What do you mean also? You're saying the same thing. durpalm In that regard it's evenish but the ig also has mastery over time, space, etc. which gives it the advantage. That's the point.

TheLordofMurder
In that regard it's evenish but the ig also has mastery over time, space, etc. which gives it the advantage. That's the point.

The Living Tribunal (who appears to be superior to the IG) and Scathan (who appears to be superior to the Tribunal) both would have greater control over all those aspects than a IG user...

The IG gives "mastery" over nothing as a result...

Remember Quanchi (I'll take it slow with you and restate something since you cant seem to grasp the concept) things in comics change over time; what was once true is often revealed to not be true at all at a later date...

The IG giving mastery over everything and it being the core of "GODS" might falls into the catagory of no longer true...

Juntai
In that regard it's evenish but the ig also has mastery over time, space, etc. which gives it the advantage. That's the point. I'd say the biggest advantage is that the IG seems inexhaustible.

Raw power? I dunno, it's debatable either way, as a lot of these cosmic things are when they aren't in context of their own story/universe.

TheLordofMurder
@Quanchi

The Tribunal appearing to be capable of forcibly removing the IG from Warlock is evidence enough that the IG gives mastery over nothing and is not the core of "GODS" might...

quanchi112
The Living Tribunal (who appears to be superior to the IG) and Scathan (who appears to be superior to the Tribunal) both would have greater control over all those aspects than a IG user...

The IG gives "mastery" over nothing as a result...

Remember Quanchi (I'll take it slow with you and restate something since you cant seem to grasp the concept) things in comics change over time; what was once true is often revealed to not be true at all at a later date...

The IG giving mastery over everything and it being the core of "GODS" might falls into the catagory of no longer true... Based on what do they have greater control over those aspects ? Being supposedly more powerful doesn't mean you're identical in powers and abilities. You have the worst logic sometimes.

Prove it's no longer true. You haven't made a real point since this debate began. Originally posted by Juntai
I'd say the biggest advantage is that the IG seems inexhaustible.

Raw power? I dunno, it's debatable either way, as a lot of these cosmic things are when they aren't in context of their own story/universe. It doesn't matter whether it is or isn't. The ig gives you abilities Am does not have. Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
@Quanchi

The Tribunal appearing to be capable of forcibly removing the IG from Warlock is evidence enough that the IG gives mastery over nothing and is not the core of "GODS" might... Lt might be more powerful that doesn't mean he has total mastery over soul, etc. Lt is also greater than Am imo.

Batman-Prime
Multiversal > Universal.

AM wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Multiversal > Universal.

AM wins. By that logic you are claiming more powerful always defeats less powerful character. That's bad logic. Prove it.

Robtard
Anti-Monitor. Why is this obvious outcome being debated?

Mike Tyson Vs Judi Dench. Debate!

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Anti-Monitor. Why is this obvious outcome being debated?

Mike Tyson Vs Judi Dench. Debate! Have you read the ig ? I already know the answer but humor me anyway.

Robtard
Derp.

You don't say?

quanchi112
You don't say? How does the anti Monitor win ?

Robtard
How does the anti Monitor win ?

Do you think I'm foolish enough to use my time to post reasons and scans so you can then do your dance of dodging, ignoring and circular nonsense? You already did it to the other posters(I read back) that smacked you in here with their scans and reasons, Judi.

quanchi112
Do you think I'm foolish enough to use my time to post reasons and scans so you can then do your dance of dodging, ignoring and circular nonsense? You already did it to the other posters(I read back) that smacked you in here with their scans and reasons, Judi. I explained the abilities Thanos possesses here are too much for Anti Monitor. He has shown no defense to soul tampering, etc. All I hear from Am is he tanked a blast which created stuff. I haven't heard one solid explanation for how he wins thereby solidifying my opinion is correct; Thanos wins, Gollum.

Robtard
Derp.

You don't say.

quanchi112
You don't say. If you can't give me a reason why Am can stop soul tampering then you have no choice than to concede.

Robtard
If you can't give me a reason why Am can stop soul tampering then you have no choice than to concede.

Page 1-4 of this thread thus far.

Now dance some more. Dance sexy for us, Judi.

quanchi112
Page 1-4 of this thread thus far.

Now dance some more. Dance sexy for us, Judi. There isn't one single answer showing that Anti Monitor can resist that attack.

guy222
thanos w/ig

Mr Master
@Mr Master

Despite the text from those scans you posted, those telling the Infinity
Gems origins are not even correct as "GOD" wouldnt be an accurate
description of the "Infinity" Being because there are still powers in
existance equal to or beyond it...

The true TOAA has no equal or superior...theoretical or otherwise.

Thus the being that destroyed itself to give rise to the Infinity Gems
was not really GOD at all...
no expression

My friend, TOAA is/are the avatars of the WriterS/ArtistS of Marvel.

TOAA (as characters) is outside/beyond or inside/within everything.

They're not to be categorized with their drawings.

Now THOTI, is ...
the power of TOAA within stories that can be categorized with drawings.

So ... my point ...

The Infinity Being was exactly what Marvel said it was and hasn't changed.
Proven in Mephisto's 2010 bio which references the Infinity Being's history,
and also the Infinity Gauntlet bio itself.
Think of the Infinity Being as TOAA's creation tool, like everything else we read on panel,
it's all just their imagination illustrated for us.

As for the IG making one "God" ...

Jim Stalin the Writer/Creator of the IG series claimed Thanos was "God"

Interviewed in "Marvel Age".

Marvel Age is a Marvel title specifically designed to get the intricate details
to stories by the Writers themselves of said stories.

Jim Starlin himself adds:

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/14839179_igmakegod2zt8.jpg

"I've done the good side of God and the bad side of God,
I've gone as far as I can with the Infinity Gauntlet"

Remember, the LT can't interfere with the natural order of things.

So if TOAA (Starlin in this instance) decided to make Thanos God, then it is so. smile

Warlock was unfit.

Mr Master

The IG giving mastery over everything and it being the core of "GODS" might falls into the catagory of no longer true...
You can't go around making statements like that if you have No proof to back it up.

You know Our style LoM.

the Darkone
AM

quanchi112
Originally posted by the Darkone
AM How ?

TheLordofMurder
You can't go around making statements like that if you have No proof to back it up.

You know Our style LoM.

I have simple logic...

Is there a force equal to or stronger than the IG? If the answer is yes (and the answer IS yes) then the IG doesnt give mastery over anything and the Infinity Being was not GOD despite what old writing might say...

Simple logic...

DTM
Well, from the original showings of the IG, there may not be a power superior to it. LT may be an equal, but we never actually saw anything in Marvel actually prove its superiority over the IG.

leonidas
^that pov is fair enough and understandable. i disagree, but get the viewpoint. i suspect that in the not-too-distant-future, however, that will change.....guess we'll see.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by DTM
Well, from the original showings of the IG, there may not be a power superior to it. LT may be an equal, but we never actually saw anything in Marvel actually prove its superiority over the IG.

The Infinity Gauntlet was established as the Core of GODS might during the Thanos Quest and supported as such during the 6 series Infinity Gauntlet arc...

HOWEVER, as of Warlock and the Infinity Watch #1, the IG was Retconned into not being all-powerful...

The Tribunal, in that issue, reversed an action taken by the weilder of the "all-mighty" IG (to Warlocks suprise) and stood ready to take the IG from Warlock by force (and Warlock backed down as he knew the Tribunals judgement was final and he couldnt really do much about it)...

So once again, the IG is not all-powerful and gives mastery over nothing; the original writing pertaining to the gauntlet was shown to not be true over time...

TheLordofMurder
@DMT

Even if the LT was simply the equal of the IG, then the IG (once again) nor the Infinity Being that died to give birth to the gems cannot be GOD (or almighty rather)...

kevdude
The Spectre wasn't really trying to kill the Anti-Monitor, he was banished back to the Anti-Matter universe (Hell) by The Spectre. He (Anti-Monitor) seemed to use his energy up battling the Spectre and the next time we see him he is feeding on a star to give him power again. He also used his own energy breaching the wall of Creation and the energy he had at the dawn of time was from the heroes life forces not from anything else. Just adding info into what happened during coie. Both Thanos w/IG and DT Anti-Monitor are pretty powerful no doubt about that at all.

Mr Master

I have simple logic...

Is there a force equal to or stronger than the IG? If the answer is yes
(and the answer IS yes) then the IG doesnt give mastery over
anything and the Infinity Being was not GOD despite what old writing might say...

Simple logic...
Nice. Unfortunately "simpleton" logic doesn't fit here.

The Infinity Gauntlet was established as the Core of GODS might
during the Thanos Quest and supported as such during the 6 series
Infinity Gauntlet arc...

HOWEVER, as of Warlock and the Infinity Watch #1, the IG was
Retconned into not being all-powerful...

The Tribunal, in that issue, reversed an action taken by the weilder
of the "all-mighty" IG (to Warlocks suprise) and stood ready to take
the IG from Warlock by force (and Warlock backed down as he
knew the Tribunals judgement was final and he couldnt really do
much about it)...

So once again, the IG is not all-powerful and gives mastery over
nothing; the original writing pertaining to the gauntlet was shown to
not be true over time...
I disagree ...

The 616 IG makes you Master/Supreme/God over all Concepts, over all reality.

The LT was above the IG cause he came as a direct representative of TOAA's power.

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/12442095_LT_above_IG.jpg

"I represent forces that dwarf even your might ... My authority comes from on high"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Warlock made it clear that it was TOAA that was above the 616 IG:

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/12442096_LT_above_IG2.jpg

"I was called to judgement by the LT, the servant of the one who is above even Gods"

When the "Forces" you're bringing to the battle are TOAA's,
there's no arguing all are beneath you.

The amazing thing is, that even still,
the LT had to determine if he had the power to forcibly take the IG from Warlock,
and he did have the power, but he had to make sure first,
even though the LT knew he was backed by TOAA.

Love the writing there ... it made a point.

Simply incredible.

Sundipped

the LT had to determine if he had the power to forcibly take the IG from Warlock,

thumb up
In terms of forcibly taking the gems from Adams person, LT said that such a conflict would lay waste to that reality.

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/14846306_WarlockInfinityWatch01-19.jpg

In other words, it would've taken a whole lot more than that snap of the fingers that restored order during the court session. Impressive....even with LT saying he's backed by the ultimate power in Marvel.

TheLordofMurder
Nice. Unfortunately "simpleton" logic doesn't fit here.

I disagree ...

The 616 IG makes you Master/Supreme/God over all Concepts, over all reality.

The LT was above the IG cause he came as a direct representative of TOAA's power.

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/12442095_LT_above_IG.jpg

"I represent forces that dwarf even your might ... My authority comes from on high"

Warlock made it clear that it was TOAA that was above the 616 IG:

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/12442096_LT_above_IG2.jpg

"I was called to judgement by the LT, the servant of the one who is above even Gods"

When the "Forces" you're bringing to the battle are TOAA's,
there's no arguing all are beneath you.

Love the writing there ... it made a point.

Simply incredible.

"Simpleton" logic works perfectly here...

Despite everything you posted, you proved my point; there is a power beyond that of the IG (thanx for agreeing with me btw)...

Therefore the Infinity Being was not GOD and the IG makes you master over nothing...

Simpleton logic...known otherwise as common sense...you might want to read up on it.

It really is that simple; if something...anything is beyond you, you arent GOD nor are you all-powerful...common sense Mr Master...common sense.

TheLordofMurder
thumb up
In terms of forcibly taking the gems from Adams person, LT said that such a conflict would lay waste to that reality.

In other words, it would've taken a whole lot more than that snap of the fingers that restored order during the court session. Impressive....even with LT saying he's backed by the ultimate power in Marvel.

Nevertheless, the LT seemingly believed it was within him to take the gems from Warlock by force...

So what if the damage wrought would have devestated that reality; we are presently arguing wether or not the IG makes one the "master" of everything....it clearly does not.

Mr Master

Despite everything you posted, you proved my point; there is a power beyond that of the IG...

Therefore the Infinity Being was not GOD and the IG makes you master over nothing...

Simpleton logic...known otherwise as common sense ...you might want to read up on it.

It really is that simple; if something...anything is beyond you,
you arent GOD nor are you all-powerful...common sense Mr
Master...common sense.
Guess you don't get it. Cool.

I don't enjoy debating to far without proof,
and since you haven't produced a single shred of it ...

... I gots ta skip ... which is also common sense.

And assure yourself of one thing today .. I never agreed with you.

But anyway, for the onlookers one last time.

TOAA is the representative artists/writers of Marvel stories.

They create Supreme being/God/Master of all Reality with the stroke of a pencil.

The Omniverse is the canvas they work on.

For us, it's the 'OMG reality that's fill with an infinite amount of MultiverseS' ...
to the TOAA, it's just their imagination illustrated for their enjoyment.

Simple ...

So,
if TOAA decides to appoint/create a Supreme Being for their canvas (omniverse)
it is what it is.

You're mistake is in categorizing TOAA with their drawings.

That's not common sense.

TheLordofMurder
Answer this simple question Mr Master; if something is more powerful than you are, can you be GOD?

And you know dam well what the answer is; common sense for the win...

The LT>>the IG; the IG is not all-powerful as a result...

Logic for the win...

Mr Master
^^ I'm not into "real world" logic ftw formats.

I'm more "Marvel Comic Book" proof FTW.

Again, since TOAA is not to be categorized with its drawings,
and since TOAA creates GOD on panel,
then that's all there is.

Also, you continue to ignore the fact that the LT came with the TOAA's Power! doh
(which isn't something that can be defined. It just makes the LT greater)

In terms of forcibly taking the gems from Adams person,
LT said that such a conflict would lay waste to that reality.

In other words, it would've taken a whole lot more than that snap of
the fingers that restored order during the court session.
Impressive....even with LT saying he's backed by the ultimate power in Marvel.
thumb up

I know it's beautiful.

The LT was a representative of TOAA's Power and he still
had to determine whether he had enough power to take down Warlock by force.

That's no doubt Starlin making a point.

This point was made again by Starlin in the later arc "Infinity War."

When Starlin himself (TOAA) due to the threat the IG posed,
was the one that put the second restriction on the IG:

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/14847664_LT_above_IG3.jpg

We also again read: "The Power that the Living Tribunal Represents"

My, my, you don't see that often. (once, big maybe twice before)

Where TOAA itself plays a vital role within a story.

Sundipped
Nevertheless, the LT seemingly believed it was within him to take the gems from Warlock by force...

So what if the damage wrought would have devestated that reality; we are presently arguing wether or not the IG makes one the "master" of everything....it clearly does not.

TBH, I don't know what you're arguing. You have already been shown the scan where LT states his power dwarfs the IG because he is a representative of TOAA.

Galan007
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/14847664_LT_above_IG3.jpg

We also again read: "The Power that the Living Tribunal Represents"

My, my, you don't see that often. (once, big maybe twice before)

Where TOAA itself plays a vital role within a story. Obviously TOAA changed his mind off-panel, because Eternity's proclamation was rendered completely invalid/non-canon a few years later, during Rune/Surfer(1995)... And again during Ultraforce/Avengers(1995).

...And again during Illuminati(2007)... And again during Avengers(2011).

stick out tongue

KuRuPT Thanosi
What is so hard about the TOAA creating a being that is GOD and using this "God" to create everything in the marvel universe? I mean really.. just because Marvel writers can recton or choose another more powerful down the road.. means what exactly.. that the IB wasn't God since.. it was created by something more powerful? Marvel creates EVERYTHING but isn't a comic book character. We're only talking about comic book characters.. not their creators. To imply that the creators are above the IB and thus he's not truly God.. is well.. retarded.

TheLordofMurder
What is so hard about the TOAA creating a being that is GOD and using this "God" to create everything in the marvel universe? I mean really.. just because Marvel writers can recton or choose another more powerful down the road.. means what exactly.. that the IB wasn't God since.. it was created by something more powerful? Marvel creates EVERYTHING but isn't a comic book character. We're only talking about comic book characters.. not their creators. To imply that the creators are above the IB and thus he's not truly God.. is well.. retarded.

Ah, but look at it like this Thanosi; Marvel initially made the Infinity Being GOD and the Infinity gems the Core of this beings might...

From The Thanos Quest to The Infinity Gauntlet issue 6, this was true...BUT in Warlock and the Infinity Watch #1, Marvel apparently had a change of heart and decided that the Tribunal (regardless of their reason) was greater than the complete IG.

At that moment, the creation story of the Infinity Being being GOD was reality warped into bullsh*t; the asembled Infinity Gems making one the master of all there is was reality warped into bullsh*t...

Why? Because there was now something around greater than the IG (which is the LT) and if the LT was greater than the asembled gems, then they were no longer all-powerful and the Infinity Being was no longer GOD...

Cold blooded raw logic for the win...

TheLordofMurder
Obviously TOAA changed his mind off-panel, because Eternity's proclamation was rendered completely invalid/non-canon a few years later, during Rune/Surfer(1995)... And again during Ultraforce/Avengers(1995).

stick out tongue

thumb up

Things change in comics all the time...

The complete IG was rendered non-all-powerful a long time ago and that hasnt changed since; let the heavens rain blood...

Happy Dance

KuRuPT Thanosi
Ah, but look at it like this Thanosi; Marvel initially made the Infinity Being GOD and the Infinity gems the Core of this beings might...

From The Thanos Quest to The Infinity Gauntlet issue 6, this was true...BUT in Warlock and the Infinity Watch #1, Marvel apparently had a change of heart and decided that the Tribunal (regardless of their reason) was greater than the complete IG.

At that moment, the creation story of the Infinity Being being GOD was reality warped into bullsh*t; the asembled Infinity Gems making one the master of all there is was reality warped into bullsh*t...

Why? Because there was now something around greater than the IG (which is the LT) and if the LT was greater than the asembled gems, then they were no longer all-powerful and the Infinity Being was no longer GOD...

Ever heard the term the sum is greater than its parts? Those gems were ONE BEING... one being totally and perfectly used to its power in the most explict and intricate way possible. That is totally different than splitting up that power many different ways and give it to an individual neither used to such power nor even close to being one with the power over eons and eons. Those are two totally different things entirely. Futhermore, WHOEVER the TOAA decides to back is going to be the most powerful being... It could be reed in a story.. but we wouldn't go reed is the most powerful being and GOD.. Just like we don't say the LT is just because he was backed by God and came with his power and backing. That is again, retarded.

Mr Master

Obviously TOAA changed his mind off-panel, because Eternity's
proclamation was rendered completely invalid/non-canon a few years
later, during Rune/Surfer(1995)... And again during
Ultraforce/Avengers(1995).

TOAA can do anything they want as we both know.

So TOAA of those stories let the show go on.

The good thing is, that none of them degraded the 616 IG outside of stipulations.

Mr Master

TBH, I don't know what you're arguing. You have already been
shown the scan where LT states his power dwarfs the IG because he is
a representative of TOAA.
thumb up

What is so hard about the TOAA creating a being that is GOD and
using this "God" to create everything in the marvel universe? I mean
really.. just because Marvel writers can recton or choose another
more powerful down the road.. means what exactly.. that the IB
wasn't God since.. it was created by something more powerful? Marvel
creates EVERYTHING but isn't a comic book character. We're only
talking about comic book characters.. not their creators. To imply that
the creators are above the IB and thus he's not truly God.. is well.. retarded.
yes
Ever heard the term the sum is greater than its parts? Those
gems were ONE BEING... one being totally and perfectly used to its
power in the most explict and intricate way possible. That is totally
different than splitting up that power many different ways and give
it to an individual neither used to such power nor even close to
being one with the power over eons and eons. Those are two totally
different things entirely. Futhermore, WHOEVER the TOAA decides
to back is going to be the most powerful being... It could be reed in
a story.. but we wouldn't go reed is the most powerful being and
GOD.. Just like we don't say the LT is just because he was backed
by God and came with his power and backing. That is again, retarded.
thumb up

Mr Master

Ah, but look at it like this Thanosi; Marvel initially made the Infinity
Being GOD and the Infinity gems the Core of this beings might...

From The Thanos Quest to The Infinity Gauntlet issue 6, this was
true...BUT in Warlock and the Infinity Watch #1, Marvel apparently
had a change of heart and decided that the Tribunal (regardless of
their reason) was greater than the complete IG.

At that moment, the creation story of the Infinity Being being GOD
was reality warped into bullsh*t; the asembled Infinity Gems
making one the master of all there is was reality warped into bullsh*t...

Why? Because there was now something around greater than the
IG (which is the LT) and if the LT was greater than the asembled
gems, then they were no longer all-powerful and the Infinity Being
was no longer GOD...
What are you talking about?

Starlin wrote both arcs!

What are you talking about?

The Infinity Being was referenced (along with the SAME historical input)
4 Years AFTER the Infinity Watch #1 & LT scenario.

Also ... even OTHER MultiverseS know Thanos' account!

Diana (character from/in another Multiverse tells us basically the same thing:

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12446876_IG_IB8.jpg

"There was a GOD with the power of Infinity, even with control of All that is,
the God's loneliness could not be soothed. By his own hand he died"

IB's history is quickly referenced in the Infinity Gauntlet's 2009 bio and Mephisto's 2010 bio.

Next.

Stick to Marvel Comics.

DTM
The Infinity Gauntlet was established as the Core of GODS might during the Thanos Quest and supported as such during the 6 series Infinity Gauntlet arc...

HOWEVER, as of Warlock and the Infinity Watch #1, the IG was Retconned into not being all-powerful...

The Tribunal, in that issue, reversed an action taken by the weilder of the "all-mighty" IG (to Warlocks suprise) and stood ready to take the IG from Warlock by force (and Warlock backed down as he knew the Tribunals judgement was final and he couldnt really do much about it)...

So once again, the IG is not all-powerful and gives mastery over nothing; the original writing pertaining to the gauntlet was shown to not be true over time...

Keep in mind that LT only stopped the gems from working together AFTER Warlock agreed and disbanded them, making them no longer the IG, but simply single Infinity Gems (which are much weaker on their own, than when they are combined). So clearly the LT is more powerful than seperate gems, even all seperate gems, but when they are brought together to make the IG, that superior level is not so nearly clear cut.

Galan007
The good thing is, that none of them degraded the 616 IG outside of stipulations. Degraded as in depowered, and/or discredited what the IG has done on panel, you mean? You're right, all of its feats are as valid as ever.

Although Hickman certainly seemed to paint all infinity gauntlets in a universal light, that certainly doesn't mean the 616 IG's feats were retconned. It's kind of like Beyonder; he may have been warped/retconned into different 'things' over the years, but almost all of his most uber feats are still valid to this day.

Mr Master

Degraded as in depowered, and/or discredited what the IG has
done on panel, you mean? You're right, all of its feats are as valid as ever.
thumb up

Although Hickman certainly seemed to paint all infinity gauntlets in a
universal light, that certainly doesn't mean the 616 IG's feats were
retconned. It's kind of like Beyonder; he may have been
warped/retconned into different 'things' over the years, but almost all
of his most uber feats are still valid to this day.
Hmm ... sorta. Remember good friend Alternate IGs were always universal.

The 616 IG never appeared
and was never referenced as universal that I recall in Hickman's run.

TheLordofMurder
thumb up

The complete IG was rendered non-all-powerful a long time ago and that hasnt changed since; let the heavens rain blood...

Happy Dance

thumb up

The above is the truth you guys dont want to address...

TheGodKiller
I guess you forgot the Illuminati issue written by Bendis then...

DTM
Keep in mind the LT did reverse his decision and allowed the gems to be used in unison, as the IG, not long after, during the Infinity War mini series.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by DTM
Keep in mind the LT did reverse his decision and allowed the gems to be used in unison, as the IG, not long after, during the Infinity War mini series.
After the Magus' defeat, the LT reinstated his judgement, along with an extra stipulation that the gems could never be used again no matter what crisis.

DTM
Did he? OK then, guess Marvel has forgotten that then. stick out tongue

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by DTM
Did he? OK then, guess Marvel has forgotten that then. stick out tongue
Marvel didn't really forget it as Reed Richards referenced it's depowering in that Illuminati issue I reminded LOTM about. The same series(hell that very same issue in which Reed made that comment) in which it was shows to be working perfectly fine.

DarkSaint85
Yeah, someone better tell the guys; they seem to be chasing them for nothing.

All to troll poor T'Challa.

TheGodKiller
^^Invalid comparison as T'Challa would armbar any IG user's ass into submission...

ThereIsHope
thumb up

Happy Dance

Mmmmm sweet, sweet blood. But now the True Blood freaks are going to arrive in mass.

quanchi112
thumb up

The above is the truth you guys dont want to address... How does Am even hit Thanos here ? Let's debate this because it seems all you have is Am tanked the creation blast. That's it.

ThereIsHope
The creation blast is a multiversal blast yes or no? Is the IG multiversal? If its not then how does IG win?

curryman
The creation blast is a multiversal blast yes or no? Is the IG multiversal? If its not then how does IG win?

It is multiversal, but it's not like multiversal is just one level.

Not all multiversal things are equal.

Badabing
Everybody needs to get back on topic, stop the trolling and flaming too. I have no problem closing all the Thanos threads, as I did last year.

ThereIsHope
Even if the IG did win, it would have won under anyones command not just Thanos.

TheGodKiller
Even if the IG did win, it would have won under anyones command not just Thanos.
Irrelevant tangent since Thanos is the wielder of the gems in this thread.

ThereIsHope
Not really irrelevent. My point is that anyone and his grandma can win with the IG.

The Anti Monitor still wins IMO.

TheGodKiller
Not really irrelevent. My point is that anyone and his grandma can win with the IG.
It is because "anyone and his grandma" isn't in this thread. Thanos is. Not to mention that as of Illuminati, your statement is quite possibly wrong, because the Hood failed to show any decent level of competence when wielding the gems, something which was duly noted by the Watcher. Titania had to be trained in the proper usage of the Power Gem by Champion, so that doesn't help your case either.

Galan007
^ Yet Nebula picked up the IG and undid most of the universal damage Thanos caused, then proceeded to effortlessly trounce most of the cosmic hierarchy.

The Hood must've been one dumb motherf*cker.

ThereIsHope
LOL having one gem doesnt mean jack. Everyone who has had one gem has had to have some level of ability with it. We're not talking about having a single gem, we're talking about having the entire gauntlet.

TheGodKiller
^ Yet Nebula picked up the IG and undid most of the universal damage Thanos caused, then proceeded to effortlessly trounce most of the cosmic hierarchy.

Beginner's luck. stick out tongue

But seriously, according to Maelstrom Thanos hadn't yet acquired full mastery over the IG, which in all likelihood was the reason he wasn't killed.
He was a very lucky dumb motherphucker. To go from working for street-level gangs to nabbing the most powerful artifacts in the universe requires some serious dumb luck.
LOL having one gem doesnt mean jack. Everyone who has had one gem has had to have some level of ability with it. We're not talking about having a single gem, we're talking about having the entire gauntlet.
Addressed.

ThereIsHope
So can I ask you a question? Why wasnt Mr Fanstastic killed?

Tony Stark

Despite everything you posted, you proved my point; there is a power beyond that of the IG (thanx for agreeing with me btw)...

Simpleton logic...known otherwise as common sense...you might want to read up on it.

It really is that simple; if something...anything is beyond you, you arent GOD nor are you all-powerful...common sense Mr Master...common sense.

Powers above the IG itself yes... kinda. Without someone wielding them they are not being utilized to their full potential obviously.

On the hand of ones ilk as THANOS, it's powers are only limited by his being. Where that ceiling is, is unknown.

quanchi112
The creation blast is a multiversal blast yes or no? Is the IG multiversal? If its not then how does IG win? Altering his soul or mind. These threads don't have to be just about power and tanking blasts. The ig knows what is coming next and controls space making Thanos unhittable by Am's abilities.

Sundipped
Altering his soul or mind. These threads don't have to be just about power and tanking blasts. The ig knows what is coming next and controls space making Thanos unhittable by Am's abilities.

thumb up
Or how about warping reality so that creation blast turns into confetti. Or going back in time to the point before AM started destroying/absorbing universes.

It's too much stock being placed in a blast that Thanos has multiple counters for.

quanchi112
thumb up
Or how about warping reality so that creation blast turns into confetti. Or going back in time to the point before AM started destroying/absorbing universes.

It's too much stock being placed in a blast that Thanos has multiple counters for. Agreed. The possibilities of what Thanos can do is pretty much endless.

TheLordofMurder
Agreed. The possibilities of what Thanos can do is pretty much endless.

thumb down

The IG is very finite, thus what Thanos could do with it is finite as well...

quanchi112
thumb down

The IG is very finite, thus what Thanos could do with it is finite as well... The power behind it isn't finite. It doesn't matter anyway as Thanos controls space thus making Am unable to hit him. He can alter reality and Am at will. This is a stomp.

TheLordofMurder
The power behind it isn't finite. It doesn't matter anyway as Thanos controls space thus making Am unable to hit him. He can alter reality and Am at will. This is a stomp.

Thanos has some control over space with the IG, but not complete mastery over it; the AM hitting him is well within reason as a result..

As for manipulating him directly, the AM tanked something that is theoretically greater than the complete IG already; the Creation Blast (afterall, the gems are a fragment of all reality)...

This is especially true since the IG:

a) doesnt make you GOD (nor is it all-powerful)...

b) is NOT formed from the remnants of GODS might...

c) is less than the totality of all existence...

Creation Blast>>the complete IG.

quanchi112
Thanos has some control over space with the IG, but not complete mastery over it; the AM hitting him is well within reason as a result..

As for manipulating him directly, the AM tanked something that is theoretically greater than the complete IG already; the Creation Blast (afterall, the gems are a fragment of all reality)...

This is especially true since the IG:

a) doesnt make you GOD (nor is it all-powerful)...

b) is NOT formed from the remnants of GODS might...

c) is less than the totality of all existence...

Creation Blast>>the complete IG. Thanos does have complete mastery over it. Am doesn't have any mastery over it so as it pertains to this thread he has no chance of even glazing against him if Thanos doesn't allow it.

That's just a force blast. It's like saying Namor tanked a nuke so he can't be mindraped. It's entirely different.

Prove the creation blast is greater than the ig since that is what basically formed the ig. You need to back your claims.

TheLordofMurder
Thanos does have complete mastery over it. Am doesn't have any mastery over it so as it pertains to this thread he has no chance of even glazing against him if Thanos doesn't allow it.

That's just a force blast. It's like saying Namor tanked a nuke so he can't be mindraped. It's entirely different.

Prove the creation blast is greater than the ig since that is what basically formed the ig. You need to back your claims.

I've already back up my claims; you simply phail when it comes to reading comprehension...

There are powers equal to or greater than the complete IG (completely true statement)...

Since the above is a true statement, the IG being the core of GODS might cant possibly be true...now can it?

So no, the IG is not all-powerful, gives mastery over nothing, and the "Infinity" Being that died to start up the Big Bang didnt actually give rise to all of creation as there are powers equal to or greater than it is...

This kind of reasoning power is beyond you though...isnt it Quan?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>