Shaman Nate VS Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Shaman Nate- High end

VS

Silver Surfer

zopzop
Probably Surfer. Didn't he humiliate God Cable?

guy222
prolly nate

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by zopzop
Probably Surfer. Didn't he humiliate God Cable? Only because God Cable was being constrained from having to telekinetically hold up the island during the fight and coupled with the fact that his energies were getting burnt up even before the encounter with Surfer. The Surfer fight accelerated his meltdown.

vince_slice
Surfer did knock god Cable out with a blast.

armedforbattle
Originally posted by vince_slice
Surfer did knock god Cable out with a blast.
Shaman nate was also well above God-Cable

dmills
I'm rooting for Shaman, but Surfer is better all around.

Bouboumaster
Surfer would spank that ass.

"Id"
X-Man would smash his vagina.

toss up

SNG>godcable

SS "KOing" cable at the end had circumstances

vince_slice
Originally posted by 753
toss up

SNG>godcable

SS "KOing" cable at the end had circumstances

Out of curiousity, what kind of "circumstances" are you talking about?

curryman

Maintaining a city/dealing with the x-men/wanting Surfer to take him out.

vince_slice
Originally posted by curryman
Maintaining a city/dealing with the x-men/wanting Surfer to take him out.

So you're telling me Cable threw his fight with Surfer?

curryman
So you're telling me Cable threw his fight with Surfer?

Yes.

Mind you, I'm not necessarily saying that he could win, but that was no fight.

"Id"

Damn do people just look at the pictures, and not read the letters in the bubble?

He applied global scale tk/tp with out rest for weeks, he was at the point of burning out hence the arc "burnt offering". Its than that they sent out Six Pack, than the X-Men to deal with Cable, only to follow up. Its in the middle of his fight with the Surfer that we find out, a large chuck of his TK was restricted due to keeping Providence afloat.

tldr - Cable was weakened, and restricted by the time he fought Surfer.

vince_slice
Yes.

Mind you, I'm not necessarily saying that he could win, but that was no fight.

I have the comic where they fight, so can you point to me where it says Cable threw the fight?

Surfer didn't seem to do much either in the fight, the only actual attrack he threw was at the end with the blast, and it was the attack that ended the fight.

curryman
I have the comic where they fight, so can you point to me where it says Cable threw the fight?

Surfer didn't seem to do much either in the fight, the only actual attrack he threw was at the end with the blast, and it was the attack that ended the fight.

You have the comic but you don't know the circumstances???

How is this possible??

vince_slice
You have the comic but you don't know the circumstances???

How is this possible??

I do know them, I just thought there was something else I missed. But where does it state Cable threw the fight? That's something I didn't know

curryman
I do know them, I just thought there was something else I missed. But where does it state Cable threw the fight? That's something I didn't know

It doesn't state it.

vince_slice
It doesn't state it.

Really? There's no narrative or anything that implies Cable lost to Surfer on purpose?

Out of curiousity, what kind of "circumstances" are you talking about? everything others have mentioned and the fact that cable knew he was dying and intended from the get go to do his tp gimmick and show the world what it could have been. he never cared for beating the SS and was reasoning with him throughout.

Naija boy
Silver surfer wins once the kid gloves come off.

Mindset
Why did SS even come to Earth to fight Cable?

Dampyre
Originally posted by Mindset
Why did SS even come to Earth to fight Cable?

IIRC, someone called him to stop Cable.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Dampyre
IIRC, someone called him to stop Cable.
Reed called him saying nobody else was a match for cable and surfer was their last choice.

dmills
I love how Reed can just "call" people like Surfer or Galactus lol.

abhilegend
Originally posted by dmills
I love how Reed can just "call" people like Surfer or Galactus lol.
He is reed richards. He can do anything he wants.

it's been years, but IIRC after flying around the world fighting/rebuilding the damage, cable drops SS and destroys his board. then he just stands there saying there's no point in the fight and SS blasts him down. always felt like a free shot to me, once SS was gone cable went on to do his monster tp feat.

Dampyre
Originally posted by 753
it's been years, but IIRC after flying around the world fighting/rebuilding the damage, cable drops SS and destroys his board. then he just stands there saying there's no point in the fight and SS blasts him down. always felt like a free shot to me, once SS was gone cable went on to do his monster tp feat.

Both Cable and the Surfer were multi-tasking during the fight. It wasn't just Cable.

"Id"
Point is he did give up. He just stood there, and took Surfers blast, when previously shielded a floating city from 200 plus nukes.

And its clear the following factors took place at the time of Surfers encounter.
>Cable was at the point of burning out, for becoming a global humanitarian without rest.
>A chuck of his TK was being restricted, due to him keeping Providence afloat.
>A chunk of his TP was being restricted, for ionizing the globe with his telepathy.

All things said, I would still give Surfer the win. But a reencounter with a fresh Cable would be more competitive. It would not just end, with hit me eye lasers.

Branlor Swift
Talking about what could have been, you might as well start talking about why Surfer didn't eyeblast the shit out of Cable when they were locked up.

Cable got his two hits on Surfer and then Surfer reacted. It wasn't a free shot. He just gets swatted out of the air like a fly.

"Id"
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Talking about what could have been, you might as well start talking about why Surfer didn't eyeblast the shit out of Cable when they were locked up.

Why didn't he eyeblast the shit out of Cable when they where locked up?

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by "Id"
Why didn't he eyeblast the shit out of Cable when they where locked up? Because he didn't want to one shot him before he no sold Cable getting angry.

vince_slice
Originally posted by 753

They were both rebuilding the damage at an atomic level, which is impressive, but Surfer has repaired destroyed planets before. From what I read, Cable gets mad at Surfer for trying to thwart him, attacks him while threatening him (breaking his board), and then attacks him again. Then asks Surfer why he's trying to stop him. Surfer says his piece, and proceeds to one-shot Cable.

Cable never said anything about giving up or it being pointless to fight. Nor was there any narrative implying he was throwing the fight, as far as I know. If there is, point me to it.

Mindset
They were both rebuilding the damage at an atomic level, which is impressive, but Surfer has repaired destroyed planets before. From what I read, Cable gets mad at Surfer for trying to thwart him, attacks him while threatening him (breaking his board), and then attacks him again. Then asks Surfer why he's trying to stop him. Surfer says his piece, and proceeds to one-shot Cable.

Cable never said anything about giving up or it being pointless to fight. Nor was there any narrative implying he was throwing the fight, as far as I know. If there is, point me to it. Read it again.

Cable never said anything about giving up or it being pointless to fight. Nor was there any narrative implying he was throwing the fight, as far as I know. If there is, point me to it.

yes, that bit of dialogue at the end in which cable tries to reason with SS is what I was refering to. Cable didnt want the fight, he interrupts it instead of just wailing on the SS. considering what he had just acomplished TKwise and what he acomplished afterward TPwise, I always felt raising a force field was well within his capabilities at that moment, it was his noncombative mindset that allowed SS the dropping blast. I find this sufficient evidence that wasn't much of a real fight and don't care if it wasn't spelled out.

vince_slice
Originally posted by 753
yes, that bit of dialogue at the end in which cable tries to reason with SS is what I was refering to. Cable didnt want the fight, he interrupts it instead of just wailing on the SS. considering what he had just acomplished TKwise and what he acomplished afterward TPwise, I always felt raising a force field was well within his capabilities at that moment, it was his noncombative mindset that allowed SS the dropping blast. I find this sufficient evidence that wasn't much of a real fight and don't care if it wasn't spelled out.

At the end Cable said "Why are you doing this? Don't you see how important this is to me?" He says nothing about giving up the fight or letting Surfer win.

How can you say Cable was in a "noncombative" mindset when he attacked Surfer twice, before he got one-shot? I don't know about you, but if someone attacks me, I'm pretty sure they're in a combative mindset. Cable clearly went on the offensive when he realized reasoning didn't work, and Surfer responded with the one-shot.

At the end Cable said "Why are you doing this? Don't you see how important this is to me?" He says nothing about giving up the fight or letting Surfer win.

How can you say Cable was in a "noncombative" mindset when he attacked Surfer twice, before he got one-shot? I don't know about you, but if someone attacks me, I'm pretty sure they're in a combative mindset. Cable clearly went on the offensive when he realized reasoning didn't work, and Surfer responded with the one-shot. did he attack the surfer after their little exchange in which the surfer talks about passion consuming worlds? I recall him just explaining himself then blasting him immediately afterward.

vince_slice
Originally posted by 753
did he attack the surfer after their little exchange in which the surfer talks about passion consuming worlds? I recall him just explaining himself then blasting him immediately afterward.
Surfer talks about passion consuming worlds after he blasts Cable.

Surfer talks about passion consuming worlds after he blasts Cable. I'll try to find it and reread it. Does SS blast him right after he asks him why he is fighting him?

vince_slice
I'll just post the last part.

Here Cable gets fed up with trying to reason with Surfer and goes on the offensive
http://i45.tinypic.com/2805qfn.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/dhc19g.jpg

Here Surfer blasts him.
http://i48.tinypic.com/m9mu81.jpg

Mindset
You realize Cable was moments away from burning out, right?

I'll just post the last part.

Here Cable gets fed up with trying to reason with Surfer and goes on the offensive
http://i45.tinypic.com/2805qfn.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/dhc19g.jpg

Here Surfer blasts him.
http://i48.tinypic.com/m9mu81.jpg yeah thats just how i recalled it, cable blasts him away, reasons with him instead of attacking again, SS says something about passion and blasts him. my interpreation remains the same. cable never wanted that fight

vince_slice
Originally posted by 753
yeah thats just how i recalled it, cable blasts him away, reasons with him instead of attacking again, SS says something about passion and blasts him. my interpreation remains the same. cable never wanted that fight

You honestly think Cable was in a 'noncombative" mindset after seeing those scans? Even after seeing Cable get fed up and attack Surfer? Sorry I can't agree with that.

Mindset
You honestly think Cable was in a 'noncombative" mindset after seeing those scans? Even after seeing Cable get fed up and attack Surfer? Sorry I can't agree with that. Actually, Cable did that so SS would stop fighting and finally talk with him.

It's pretty apparent that Cable did not want to fight and wanted SS to stop and listen. Or else he would have, you know, kept attacking instead of trying to have a conversation.

well agree to disagree then. I dont really think cable > SS. but between his exhaustion and his heart not being in the fight, I dont think that KO is any legitimate indicator of their levels.

Actually, Cable did that so SS would stop fighting and finally talk with him.

It's pretty apparent that Cable did not want to fight and wanted SS to stop and listen. Or else he would have, you know, kept attacking instead of trying to have a conversation. my thoughts exaclty

Mindset
Anyway.

You realize Cable was moments away from burning out, right?

vince_slice
Actually, Cable did that so SS would stop fighting and finally talk with him.

It's pretty apparent that Cable did not want to fight and wanted SS to stop and listen. Or else he would have, you know, kept attacking instead of trying to have a conversation.

He was already talking to Surfer the entire time while mind linked, Surfer was already listening, he just simply chose not to respond. Its undeniable Cable went on the offensive, after he realized Surfer wasn't going to stop.

You call attacking Surfer and then asking a small question a conversation? If it was, it was an extremely short conversation, no where near long enough to assume Cable dropped his defenses when literally 2 seconds ago he was attacking Surfer.

Cable isn't stupid enough to attack Surfer twice, and then a second later lower his defenses just so he could ask a question.

Mindset
He was already talking to Surfer the entire time while mind linked, Surfer was already listening, he just simply chose not to respond. Exactly...

Also, Cable was already dying.

vince_slice
Exactly...

Also, Cable was already dying.

Yeah and then there's the part where Cable went on the offensive when he realized talking wouldn't work?

Mindset
Yeah and then there's the part where Cable went on the offensive when he realized talking wouldn't work? No, there's the part where Cable tried to force SS to talk, and then he did.

vince_slice
No, there's the part where Cable tried to force SS to talk, and then he did.
Okay, and he does this by going on the offensive and attacking Surfer directly. According to you, Cable attacking Surfer means he's in a "noncombative" mindset. Makes perfect sense.

"Id"
Okay, and he does this by going on the offensive and attacking Surfer directly. According to you, Cable attacking Surfer means he's in a "noncombative" mindset. Makes perfect sense.
Surfer was the antagonist, from the get go. What else do you call, a person that blitz you, without responding to a single word?

Mindset
Vince, you're wrong, just accept it and move on.

iceman24567
Originally posted by "Id"
Surfer was the antagonist, from the get go. What else do you call, a person that blitz you, without responding to a single word? Mindset on rape mode?

vince_slice
Vince, you're wrong, just accept it and move on.
Concession accepted.

Mindset
Concession accepted. I don't think you even know what those two words mean, you couldn't even understand the comic.

Mindset
Originally posted by iceman24567
Mindset on rape mode? That's not true, I respond with laughter.

iceman24567
That's not true, I respond with laughter. Ah the sign of a master rapist

Branlor Swift
Here's how a rematch between the two would go:

They lock up again. Surfer eyebeams. Cable dies.

Mr.SunKing
Eh, Nate was a confirmed reality warper during his shaman phase. I would give him the edge.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.