[MGS] Solidus vs Gene

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sCOURGE_0
Solidus from MGS2 with exo skeleton and Daisho

Gene from Portable Ops, has Zero Shift and throwing knives.

Kazenji
What special about Gene?

KingD19
I think he tossed a Metal Gear or something.

Kazenji
I've got Portable Ops and still haven't finished it, Only just finished getting past the bridge and now on my way to the harbour.

sCOURGE_0
Originally posted by Kazenji
What special about Gene? He's the only MGS character that has true super human speed. He uses an ability called Zero Shift that lets him zip around, the only problem is that it wears him out quickly. He's the fastest MGS character but can't keep it up for long

He has a type of mind control but people can resist it.

Solidus is probably stronger, a better fighter
Gene is faster, is more varied

Both got their asses kicked by humans but it looks worse for Gene IMO since Solidus lost to Raiden, who can at least deflect bullets. Gene lost to Big Boss on the other hand who doesn't have any peak human stats.

NemeBro
Big Boss stopped a seven hundred or so tons from crushing him.

KingD19
And it's not Raiden that can deflect bullets at the time of that fight, he doesn't get that fast until he turns into a Cyber Ninja. It's the sword he was using.

sCOURGE_0
Originally posted by NemeBro
Big Boss stopped a seven hundred or so tons from crushing him. stfu...

sCOURGE_0
Originally posted by KingD19
And it's not Raiden that can deflect bullets at the time of that fight, he doesn't get that fast until he turns into a Cyber Ninja. It's the sword he was using. Can you really show proof of this? I checked the weapon description in MGS2 and it doesn't say.

KingD19
Against those 3 soldiers right before you get to Solidus, it tells you to hold the button to block the bullets.

And Raiden was at the level of a standard gene soldier. The same ones that Solid Snake walked through like tall grass. None of them were good enough to deflect bullets. Only Vamp and Cyber Ninjas.

sCOURGE_0
Ok but where does it state that the sword automatically blocked the bullets?

Also those 3 Gene soldiers? 3 of them held Snake up at gun point and kicked his ass, Snake never walked through those guys,

Raiden has better feats than Snake or Big Boss have.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.