Assassins Creed movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Might as well start a thread for it

Michael Fassbender is attached to it

and now a screenwriter has been picked, Michael Lesslie

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1766171/assassins_creed_film_secures_screenwriter.html

don't know where they got the "travel back in time to recover ancient artifacts" the machine wasn't exactly a time machine.

Darth Martin
Fassbender>>>>>

Ascendancy
I'm down with the Fass.

BruceSkywalker
I like Fassbender's work.. this certainly can be a success

Kazenji
Gets a 2015 release

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=79790

jaden101
I'm still saying this will never happen. Apparently the level of control Ubisoft want over every aspect of the movie is unparalleled in the history of movies made from other people's creative works and no director or production company are willing to work those restrictions.

Kazenji
RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK Producer Frank Marshall To Develop ASSASSIN'S CREED

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=81377

jaden101
Looks like I was wrong. First image released

Kazenji
From what i've read they're gone with all new characters introducing into this franchise

its good that they've gone that direction rather then attempt to retell one of the games stories.

Kazenji
Movie adds Brendan Gleeson and Jeremy Irons

http://www.superherohype.com/news/354461-assassins-creed-movie-adds-brendan-gleeson-and-jeremy-irons#/slide/1

Mindset
Assassin's Creed starring Mindset as Michael Fassbender as Ezio.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by jaden101
Looks like I was wrong. First image released I love how my beard looks in this one.

Kazenji
Ubisoft employee posts a Set photo showing the Abstergo logo

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/ubisoft-employee-posts-first-on-set-pictures-of-assassins-creed-187

Kazenji
Set Photo's featuring of Fassbender and Brendan Gleeson

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/fassbender-and-brendan-gleeson-appear-in-on-set-photos-of-assassins-creed-302

Kazenji
gfJVoF5ko1Y

I like what of it.... except for the crappy Kanye West song playing over it.

Zack Fair
Yeah it looked good except for the hip hop. Like...why?

Patient_Leech
Haha.. Kanye.

It looks okay. Looked like a bunch of people jumping around for 2 min straight.

CPT Space Bomb
It looks.....like a video game movie. I hope it is better though. I'm really surprised that Fassbender agreed to do this. You can already tell the best thing about this movie by FAR is going to be his performance. I've never been a fan of AC though so.....I guess my opinion isn't that valuable here.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

It looks okay. Looked like a bunch of people jumping around for 2 min straight.

LOL...it's dangerous enough jumping from roof to rooftop but do you really need to do a mid-air somersault in the process?

Zack Fair
jumping around rooftops is 3/4 of AC lol

Esau Cairn
Let's not forget that trusty hay stack at the bottom.

BruceSkywalker
I liked the trailer except for the kanye west music

Quincy
Didn't like the trailer. Not interested in the movie. Should have had Michael Fassbender's face glitch, not very faithful to the source material.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Quincy
not very faithful to the source material.

That's because they're not using any of the games, Its a whole new story.

MS Warehouse
The movie looks absolutely sick, like the games. I'm glad they got magneto to play it too. The only thing that sucks is the music. I mean wtf? Why not have all the AC soundtrack music playing?

Kazenji
xreCzzXmVWQ

Less Kanye West is always good.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Kazenji
xreCzzXmVWQ

Less Kanye West is always good. thumb up

BruceSkywalker
xreCzzXmVWQ

Less Kanye West is always good.

I play the games, been a fan of fassbender since 300....

can't wait

HelloLove
Assassins Creed could be an awesome movie - if they can refrain from making it behave like a game instead of a stand alone film, probably not going to happen. Imagine the money they will make on all the games sales, too much of a risk to make a film that is a film, the audience might not get that it's a video game as well - scary shit, let's make a crap film and sell tons of games instead. When will they learn - people are smart, we know it's a game - just make a brilliant film that can stand on it's own!!!

Kazenji

Arachnid1
VPtgtMoggzg

Better version on the trailer

Kazenji
Its weird that they went with a Kanye West song in the first place, When i kept on hearing Ubisoft had Veto power over the production....starting to think they don't as much.

Firefly218
Its weird that they went with a Kanye West song in the first place, When i kept on hearing Ubisoft had Veto power over the production....starting to think they don't as much. I think they wanted to give the impression that it's not a period piece. I don't like the music choice either, but it lends a more futuristic feel to the scenes in 18th century spain or whatever

Surtur
I'm always on my guard when it comes to movies based on video games.

-Pr-
Impressive as hell:

https://twitter.com/beatfassbender/status/764569697945808896

Kazenji
Impressive indeed, No CGI involved.

Kazenji
4haJD6W136c

BruceSkywalker
good trailer I thought

Zack M
IQXxv8vwXhg

Kazenji
OWnOybPAhM4

Robtard
I'm typically wary of video game based films, but Fassbender generally delivers a solid role and the newer previews do look interesting.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
I'm typically wary of video game based films, but Fassbender generally delivers a solid role and the newer previews do look interesting.

Yeah, I really have very little interest in this, except the fact that it's Fassbender. He's cool.

Kazenji
Hoping this movie breaks the Game to movie adaption curse.

siriuswriter
No Ezio? sad

Kazenji
Originally posted by siriuswriter
No Ezio? sad

Its an all new story, Just for the movie.

StiltmanFTW
Arya sure grows up fast.

Looks interesting, I might see it.

siriuswriter
Its an all new story, Just for the movie.

I know, just trying to be cute.

Kazenji
Fan reactions praise the movie

http://screenrant.com/assassins-creed-movie-reviews-reactions/

Patient_Leech
Yup, pass for me...

A2VFxiPwWCw

Kazenji
Meh....i'll go and see it myself and make my own judgement of it.

roughrider
Hoping this movie breaks the Game to movie adaption curse.

Apparently the curse is still in place, with the lousy tomatometer.

25 years or so of video game adaptions, and Hollywood still can't figure out how to adapt this medium. I don't know what they're missing.

Kazenji
Originally posted by roughrider
Apparently the curse is still in place, with the lousy tomatometer.

25 years or so of video game adaptions, and Hollywood still can't figure out how to adapt this medium. I don't know what they're missing.

I really don't give a shit about Rotten Tomatoes when it comes movies such as this.

jaden101
Well I quite enjoyed this. The escape sequence is top drawer. The plot has a beginning, middle and end that can but doesn't need to lend itself to a sequel. The soundtrack is pounding. The performances are adequate for the most part. There's maybe a bit of an over-reliance on smoke effects to mask cheap visuals to keep the budget down and it lacks the build up and progression of the stories in the games out of time constraints but overall it was pretty decent. I certainly preferred Calum Lynch as a character over most of the game protagonists other than Altiair and Ezio.

StiltmanFTW
I really don't give a shit about Rotten Tomatoes when it comes movies such as this.

It's not as bad as RT leads us to believe.

But... it has no real ending, probably because the sequel is already in works.

Kazenji
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It's not as bad as RT leads us to believe.

No surprise there

even the Audience Score has a better rating.

Patient_Leech
Wow, this bombed big time.

It's only been out for about 4 weeks or so and will already be at my local cheap theater this Friday. Damn. That's a big-ass budget for a videogame movie...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.