Thanos vs 5 Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armedforbattle
Wonderman
Rulk
Thor
Ironman (bleeding edge)
Vision

Vs

Thanos
-----------
No prep or BFR
In character
Fight at the grand canyon
------------

tkitna
Spite against those Avengers

juggerman
Is there any grass around?

abhilegend
Or wood? Vision punches thanos' face in again anyway.

ThereIsHope
Maybe they get bats. But yeah this is spite.

ColossusGrundy
Is there anywhere nearby to bury these Avengers? Cuz, they're dead in this one.

Badabing
Originally posted by armedforbattle
Wonderman
Rulk
Thor
Ironman (bleeding edge)
Groot
Vs

Thanos
-----------
No prep or BFR
In character
Fight at the grand canyon
------------ Thernos loses, badly. thanduros

Villelater
i choose the Team...

Supra
Originally posted by Villelater
i choose the Team...
3!

The Sorrow
Team get some licks in but I'd be surprised if they managed to ko Thanos.

Zack Fair
Team gets destroyed.

Should have added Groot and Hawkeye to make it a fight.

quanchi112
Thanos, easily.

zopzop
Thanos destroys them. Even in that crap written by Bendis, greater than this Team couldn't KO him.

DTM
Its funny, in the other Thanos vs. thread, the below JLA are basically trouncing him to the point of it being spite against Thanos:

Martian Manhunter
Superman
Wonder Woman
Hal Jordan

Yet here Thanos seems to be demolishing this team of Avengers:

Wonderman
Rulk
Thor
Ironman (bleeding edge)
Vision

Is Superman, Wonder Woman, Jonn and Hal Jordan >>> Thor, Rulk, Wonder Man, Iron Man and Vision? I mean Really that much that one team is destroying Thanos, and the other is getting destroyed by him?

armedforbattle
Originally posted by DTM
Its funny, in the other Thanos vs. thread, the below JLA are basically trouncing him to the point of it being spite against Thanos:

Martian Manhunter
Superman
Wonder Woman
Hal Jordan

Wonderman
Rulk
Thor
Ironman (bleeding edge)
Vision

Is Superman, Wonder Woman, Jonn and Hal Jordan >>> Thor, Rulk, Wonder Man, Iron Man and Vision? I mean Really that much that one team is destroying Thanos, and the other is getting destroyed by him?
that's actually why I made this thread. Lol, the JL team is definitely stronger than this team. But there is definitely some bias going on here imo haha

the ninjak
Wonderman- Bent Rulk like a stick, a sheer power player in this fight yet.

Rulk- Fodder. Thanos controlled the Hulk like a puppet recently. Rulk is his...maybe.

Thor- Biggest threat. Yet he has had a bad year. Thor and Wonderman can grab both of Thanos' arms and pray.

Ironman (bleeding edge)- Energy Lance might be able to pierce Thanos' flesh.....who knows?. Tony is fast as hell these days.

Vision- Might be able to disrupt any tech on Thanos' body. Eliminating his defenses and making him just a tank.

These five working together are a strong unit. Problem is they don't work well together. There is no prep. They will attack aggressively and not tactically and make mistakes.

All are Avengers and Tony should have access to all of their hearing and hence send a tactical command. If Thanos doesn't telepathically control Rulk then they have a chance at this.

But Thanos is such a tank.

Bentley
Originally posted by armedforbattle
that's actually why I made this thread. Lol, the JL team is definitely stronger than this team. But there is definitely some bias going on here imo haha

Well, DC>>> Marvel, so...

armedforbattle
What makes you say that^

pym-ftw
Main teams I agree with bently,

A random Jla beats a random Avengers team 8/10

DarkSaint85
Random JLI team would beat a random Great Lakes Avengers team...

Random Teen Titans vs Avengers Academy? Hmmm.

h1a8
So many people underestimate how hard it is to defend against multiple attacks simultaneously?

When Thanos drops his shields (in which he will because of character and because he wouldn't be able to attack directly with them up) then I have a hard time seeing him defending against Mjolnir coming at him while the others throwing attacks at him at the same time. If a good attack lands then he will be stunned and the others would just capitalize and phuck him up.

the Darkone
Thanos wins, he will divide and conquer. Only person on this team that can go toe for toe with Thanos is Thor, and Thanos is a few notches above Thor and way above this team!

h1a8
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thanos wins, he will divide and conquer. Only person on this team that can go toe for toe with Thanos is Thor, and Thanos is a notch above this team! How would he divide and conquer? I'm thinking they all attack him and what does he do with all those attacks coming at him?

the Darkone
Out all the superheros in Marvel Universe Thor is one one few beings as herald level character that has a real chance of beating Thanos. Wonder Man is not powerful enough to put down Thanos, Thanos can manipulate his energy or steal his life force, Rulk is one one trick pony and not versatile enough to take on Thanos, Thanos mind rapes him. Iron Man would get his butt kicked worse what Thor did to him and Thor was making a point. Vision if he doesn't want to die again he best keep his distant from Thanos.

the Darkone
Originally posted by h1a8
How would he divide and conquer? I'm thinking they all attack him and what does he do with all those attacks coming at him?

I dont debate with trolls and low ballers, now go read some comics.

ThereIsHope
Originally posted by abhilegend
Or wood? Vision punches thanos' face in again anyway.

I heard certain people burned that issue. I wont mention any names.

sCOURGE_0
Team but it should be a good fight

ThereIsHope
This is what Jim Starlin would be doing in his grave if he was dead. rolling on floor laughing

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by DTM

Team DC is a clear level above Team Avengers. I might even argue 2 levels above given the versatility.

No one on the Avengers has the speed of Wonder Woman and Superman. Iron-Man, Thor and Vision have ranged attacks but only Thor's are impactful enough to really challenge Thanos. Conversely, Superman, J'onn and most notably Hal have ranged attacks that can harm Thanos.

J'onn's ability to coordinate attacks here is also something that Team Avengers lacks.

To be honest I think Superman and Hal could give Team Avengers a run for their money.

DTM
I dont see it that way, personally. While I probably would vote for that JLA team over that Avengers team, it wouldnt be at a least SO GREAT, that the JLA team destroys Thanos, and the Avengers team gets destroyed by Thanos.

Theres a difference between JLA > Avengers, and JLA >>>> Thanos >>>> Avengers.

armedforbattle
Originally posted by DTM

Theres a difference between JLA > Avengers, and JLA >>>> Thanos >>>> Avengers.
THANK YOU thumb up This is not spite like everyones making it out to be.

DTM
I dont think it is personally, and again, while the JLA might be overall better than the Avengers team, Im really surprised how handily the JLA are beating Thanos, and how solidly Thanos is beating the Avengers.

basilisk
I also don't think this this Avengers team can do as well as the JLA team. Thor has been off his game recently. Wonderman hasn't been around much, Rulk is tough I guess but doesn't have his old powers, Iron Man probably won't do that much without some prep. And while a similar Avengers group including Thor and Rulk did beat up current Thanos, they had Groot and Hulk which I think makes a difference.

With the JLA they have some serious powerhouses, better flight, some exotic powers, and they have speed far, far beyond Thanos or the Avengers. They also have the means to restrain him in an unbreakable lasso once they have done an Avengers job on him (or even during the fight). It's a very different fight.

carver9
Just want to throw out there (after reading someone's comment in this thread), Rulk isn't fodder. He has been doing good and has shown to be an elite for the past yr. By the way, Thanos lose this fight.

Kid Kurdy
Team wins. Too much raw power.

Thanos can handle each one of them, but not all together. Thor alone can and will give Thanos a run for his money.

The best Thanos can do is hide behind his shields and pray.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by DTM

Martian Manhunter
Superman
Wonder Woman
Hal Jordan

Wonderman
Rulk
Thor
Ironman (bleeding edge)
Vision

Is Superman, Wonder Woman, Jonn and Hal Jordan >>> Thor, Rulk, Wonder Man, Iron Man and Vision? I mean Really that much that one team is destroying Thanos, and the other is getting destroyed by him? I'm one of those taking Thanos in both, but yeah this Avengers team gets smoked by this JLA team. I mean come on there's really only one legit herald in the Marvel team. Even at 4 members as opposed to Marvel's 5, this JLA team will do way better against Thanos.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Team wins. Too much raw power.

Thanos can handle each one of them, but not all together. Thor alone can and will give Thanos a run for his money.

The best Thanos can do is hide behind his shields and pray. False. Thor with the power gem couldn't get it done so Thor on his own gets smoked.

Originally posted by carver9
Just want to throw out there (after reading someone's comment in this thread), Rulk isn't fodder. He has been doing good and has shown to be an elite for the past yr. By the way, Thanos lose this fight. Based on ?

ThereIsHope
Based on, based on, based on. your utterly absurd.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ThereIsHope
Based on, based on, based on. your utterly absurd. I want to hear what his opinion is based off of. It's a simple question.

ThereIsHope
As I said in another post. When you talk, you should just be ignored, like that old lady in church who farts to loud. Thats basically what most of your posts consists off. Loud farting noises.

quanchi112
As I said in another post. When you talk, you should just be ignored, like that old lady in church who farts to loud. Thats basically what most of your posts consists off. Loud farting noises. You can continue and try to avoid debating but not me, good sir.

ThereIsHope
You dont debate though. You just put up silly posts that mean nothing, or you say BASED ON?

curryman
All Thanos really needs is to up his shields and then let loose with a stronger area of effect attack.

Unless Thor really is on top of the energy absorption then most of the other guys go down. On the other hand, if they do really work as a team then they have a decent shot. I just don't see that happening however, and it sort of relies on Thanos fighting like an idiot.

quanchi112
You dont debate though. You just put up silly posts that mean nothing, or you say BASED ON? Looks at my battlezones. Nuff said.Originally posted by curryman
All Thanos really needs is to up his shields and then let loose with a stronger area of effect attack.

Unless Thor really is on top of the energy absorption then most of the other guys go down. Thanos took on Odin who treats Thor like a petulant child pre upgrade.

curryman
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos took on Odin who treats Thor like a petulant child pre upgrade.

I edited my post slightly before I saw this, regardless; don't try to rely on wording to get your point across. The power Odin has over Thor doesn't apply here. In the end they both lost to Odin.

quanchi112
Originally posted by curryman
I edited my post slightly before I saw this, regardless; don't try to rely on wording to get your point across. The power Odin has over Thor doesn't apply here. In the end they both lost to Odin. Thanos' battle ended in a stalemate. Odin drops Thor whenever he wants to. So you are wrong.

Silent Master
Odin was kicking Thanos' butt.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Silent Master
Odin was kicking Thanos' butt. Iyo but the fight ended in a stalemate.

ThereIsHope
No it didnt. How is one guy being all messed up, while the other standing there fresh as a daisy a stalemate? I guess this is what you tell yourself after you get beat up on a daily basis.

curryman
Thanos' battle ended in a stalemate. Odin drops Thor whenever he wants to. So you are wrong.

Did you read my post?

The Odin-Thor power relation is not relevant here. Odin is DEFINITELY more powerful than Thor, but that's not the point. Thanos is not Thor's father, Mjolnir isn't fueled by the damn Thanosforce smile

By Thanos' own admittance Odin did beat him. It was retconned into a clone but I don't see how his clone would have a different view on that fight...

quanchi112
No it didnt. How is one guy being all messed up, while the other standing there fresh as a daisy a stalemate? I guess this is what you tell yourself after you get beat up on a daily basis. The fight ended in a draw.

-Pr-
Odin was winning. I thought this had been established by now.

I shouldn't have to make it a mod ruling.

ThereIsHope
You might have to. SOme of us dont live in the real world.

quanchi112
Originally posted by -Pr-
Odin was winning. I thought this had been established by now.

I shouldn't have to make it a mod ruling. Digi disagrees iirc. Go ahead and do so. It won't change my opinion. Marvel bios agree with mine along with Digi.

curryman
Digi disagrees iirc. Go ahead and do so. It won't change my opinion. Marvel bios agree with mine along with Digi.

There's no way anyone but you and Starlin would agree that it was a stalemate.

"You beat me"

- Thanosi to Odin

quanchi112
There's no way anyone but you and Starlin would agree that it was a stalemate.

"You beat me"

- Thanosi to Odin There was no winner. Odin was winning but the fight ended minus a winner. That's entirely accurate with what occurred on panel.

curryman
There was no winner. Odin was winning but the fight ended minus a winner. That's entirely accurate with what occurred on panel.

You think Thanos would've turned that fight?

Incidentally, do you think the Black Knight was winning also?

quanchi112
You think Thanos would've turned that fight?

Incidentally, do you think the Black Knight was winning also? My opinion doesn't change the what happened and conversely your opinion doesn't matter either. The fight ended. Whatever we choose to speculate on what happens next is speculation.

curryman
My opinion doesn't change the what happened and conversely your opinion doesn't matter either. The fight ended. Whatever we choose to speculate on what happens next is speculation.

Your opinion on what would happen would certainly shed some light on things.

Such as how highly you rank Thanos.

quanchi112
Your opinion on what would happen would certainly shed some light on things.

Such as how highly you rank Thanos. It's just speculation and as Mr. Objective I would rather shy away from what ifs rather than what haves.

Silent Master
It wasn't a stalemate, Thanos was getting his butt kicked.

ThereIsHope
More pointless drival. Odin could affect the multiverse. Yet you think THanos would have beaten him. Yet you call yourself objective. It shows how totally idiotic you are.

curryman
It's just speculation and as Mr. Objective I would rather shy away from what ifs rather than what haves.

Go to school buddy.

And by that I mean, I'm actually afraid that you're not joking about believing that you are objective, and that you need to do some hard-learning smile

Badabing
Everybody needs to get back on topic, stop the trolling and flaming too. I have no problem closing all the Thanos threads, as I did last year.

ThereIsHope
The Avengers should never beat Thanos. They should lose.

celeyhyga17
There was no winner. Odin was winning but the fight ended minus a winner. That's entirely accurate with what occurred on panel.
Then again if we looked at it like a sport with scoring system, Odin would have won like 9 rounds to 3. stick out tongue

Sin I AM
thanos soundly

Silent Master
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Then again if we looked at it like a sport with scoring system, Odin would have won like 9 rounds to 3. stick out tongue

More like 12 rounds to 0.

quanchi112
More pointless drival. Odin could affect the multiverse. Yet you think THanos would have beaten him. Yet you call yourself objective. It shows how totally idiotic you are. Yes, I do. You are ignoring their on panel fight in favor of another Odin fight. I trend to look at how these characters match up not just by feats alone. Originally posted by curryman
Go to school buddy.

And by that I mean, I'm actually afraid that you're not joking about believing that you are objective, and that you need to do some hard-learning smile How am I not being objective ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.