Anthony Fremont (Twilight Zone: The Movie) vs Dr. Manhattan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
Deathmatch in Times Square
Does Anthony get disintegrated, or does Manhattan get cornfielded?
Fight!

Lestov16
My apologies. Could someone move this to the MVF?

Mindship
Originally posted by Lestov16
Does Anthony get disintegrated, or does Manhattan get cornfielded?
I'm guessing Manhattan could teleport back from the cornfield. And we don't know if Anthony can reintegrate himself like Manhattan can.

However, Manhattan fights in laid-back mode, which Anthony can take advantage of. He wins unless Manhattan gets serious.

Sadako of Girth
He could transport Manhattan into a cartoon when he is eaten by a monster or some other totally outlandish method of killing him off, maybe. Maybe he could wish him out of existance or make him with no head.. (he was able to wish his sister's mouth away, for example)

Now if Manhattan were to be able to see through time would anything be unexpected, no matter how left-of-field?

Lestov16
I think Manhattan could replicate the mouth removal, as that would be a form of matter manipulation. That being stated, IDK if Manhattan can withstand a BFR dimension dump into a cartoon.

Also, if Manhattan attacks first, can Anthony withstand disintegration?

Lestov16
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth

Now if Manhattan were to be able to see through time would anything be unexpected, no matter how left-of-field?

IDK. Fremont was able to transport a person out of the physical universe into a cartoon (in which the girl was eaten). If he could do that, tachyon generation should be nothing to him.

Robtard
Originally posted by Lestov16
If he could do that, tachyon generation should be nothing to him.

He's still a young boy with little schooling, so he'd have no idea what tachyon particles are or why he should generate them in the first place.

focus4chumps
impossible topic imho

i dont think a winner can be determined considering universes. dr. manhatten exists in a world of scifi where all his actions are assumed to be within the constraints of theoretical science. meaning simply that dr. manhattan does not perform magic, nor has a single act of magic been displayed by any character. anthony's powers suggest magic, the laws and constraints of which (if any) are unknown, and thus throws the whole discussion into ambiguity.

Impediment
I'd move it to the MVF, but I can't from the GDF.

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment
I'd move it to the MVF, but I can't from the GDF.

Hahahaha. Limp dick.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Robtard
Hahahaha. Limp dick.

That's inappropriate, and really unrelated to the issue at hand.

Sadako of Girth
Maybe demented rabbit-jack-in-the-box eats Manhattan's face off?

I agree with FFC that its ambiguous when is magic vs scifi.
Even if Manhattan's mechanics can be explained now theoretically, how would someone of the middle ages percieve him and his ability?
And is he neccessarily limited by man's need to quantify?

Would we be able to explain Anthony's abilities away one day too?

Lots of pertinent questions.

Ascendancy
Even assuming unlimited abilities for AF, it still comes down to first strike. Whoever gets down off the rip takes it.

NemeBro
It seems simple to me.

Dr. Manhattan is a fairly powerful matter and energy manipulator, but Anthony Fremont was a legitimate reality warper and maker, he could create something from nothing and delete or render feeble those who displeased him.

He's on a different tier of hax.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.