Ironman.... The God Killer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armedforbattle
What do you think about the new armor? And Ironman joining GotG?
Do you like where marvel is going with Tony?
http://comicsbeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/1352749567.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mef4vr6J0Q1qc63ooo1_1280.jpg

-Pr-
Wait... He's gonna fight the Phoenix?

the ninjak
I thought that cover just represented Ironman after the effects of the recent Phoenix Saga.

Super excited about him joining GOTG though.

-Pr-
Oh okay.

Galan007
I like this armor design a lot. thumb up

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by -Pr-
I doubt that's possible since the Phoenix already died in the finale of AvX.

SevenShackles
So is he leaving earth based titles and putting war machine in his place or does he have another plan ?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by TheGodKiller

We've already seen signs of the Phoenix in All New X-Men.

TheGodKiller
Really? I haven't been reading All New X-Men, but from the spoilers peej posts on the X-Men thead, I saw no indication of the Phoenix' resurrection.

Unless there was an allusion to the O5 Jean Grey going firebird, which would be in the past and hence doesn't count.

BruceSkywalker
love tony but hate the new design, hope it will grow on me.. as for tony joining the guardians, most likely a money grab

JayDaDon
I like the new armor better than bleeding edge. And also that black and gold design really didn't stick around long at all.

srankmissingnin
Really? I haven't been reading All New X-Men, but from the spoilers peej posts on the X-Men thead, I saw no indication of the Phoenix' resurrection.

Unless there was an allusion to the O5 Jean Grey going firebird, which would be in the past and hence doesn't count.

We've seen Phoenix fire in original Jeans eyes. Whether she brought the Phoenix with her or it was drawn to her again once she showed up in the present, the net result would be the Phoenix Force is once again in the current time line.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
love tony but hate the new design, hope it will grow on me.. as for tony joining the guardians, most likely a money grab

I doubt it's a money grab and more of a solid brand trying to get mass audiences aware of the Guardians for when the movie comes out.

guy222
nice design

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I doubt it's a money grab and more of a solid brand trying to get mass audiences aware of the Guardians for when the movie comes out.

you just might be right

Igniz

From what I saw in a site, it seems the Shi'ard(an offshoot of the Shi'ar race) is raging angry that their God(Phoenix) was murdered.And they are holding Ironman responsible for the Phoenix's demise.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
We've seen Phoenix fire in original Jeans eyes. Whether she brought the Phoenix with her or it was drawn to her again once she showed up in the present, the net result would be the Phoenix Force is once again in the current time line.
That's hardly indicative that the Phoenix Force has returned. Jean's psi-signature has generally always been drawn as a Phoenix halo, even when she didn't possess the PF, like during her first confrontation with Onslaught.

-Pr-

The Phoenix never really dies. It just disappears for a while.

the ninjak
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

Personally...this is the next stage in the evolution of Ironman.
He needs to adapt to alien tech. Reverse engineer it and become something more.

GotG was my fav comic during it's recent run. And having both together is a smart choice.

The cynic in me says "it's a movie grab" but I see great potential here.

Originally posted by Igniz
From what I saw in a site, it seems the Shi'ard(an offshoot of the Shi'ar race) is raging angry that their God(Phoenix) was murdered.And they are holding Ironman responsible for the Phoenix's demise.

Ohhh interesting. Makes sense.

TheGodKiller
The Phoenix never really dies. It just disappears for a while.
Actually it ends up getting resurrected or reborn due to the nature of the Abstract that it is. However, one the main agendas/plot points behind AvX was to resolve the character. That was the whole thing with Hope being the first(and probably the last) host to ever willingly renounce its power w/o sacrificing herself or any other innocent lives in the end. This goes to show that this particular incident was different. The circumstances surrounding the way the marvel actuality functions had obviously changed, so much so that Mister Franklin Richards felt the shift in the cosmic axis in FF#18, long before AvX even started.

The Phoenix is dead for good this time, and until there's some revelation revolving around a possible gestation/incubation and rebirth within the White Hot Room, the phoenix remains dead. References to firebird flashes and halos isn't enough imo to conclusively prove that a resurrection of the entity is imminent.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Igniz

Well that explains the god killer thing.. They do know that the phoenix will revive right? Or is it just the offense of someone attacking/killing their god never mind it's immortality?

Igniz

basilisk
I thought Sharra and Ky'thri were the main gods of the Shi'ar. And I think they were killed by Chaos King.

Mostly the Shi'ar just seem to be scared of the Phoenix don't they? I think there was a non-canon story where the Phoenix was one of the Shi'ar pantheon.

the ninjak
Are their any examples of the Phoenix actually living up to the whole "Rebirth" aspect of its representation besides just blowing up planets and solar systems?

Besides the recent Mutant rebirths on Earth? I'm sure this new series we cover at least one case.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by the ninjak
Are their any examples of the Phoenix actually living up to the whole "Rebirth" aspect of its representation besides just blowing up planets and solar systems?

Besides the recent Mutant rebirths on Earth? I'm sure this new series we cover at least one case.
In its previous portrayals, there were a couple.

The mutant rebirths were ignited by the Phoenix' ultimate sacrifice.

AlmightyKfish
In its previous portrayals, there were a couple.

The mutant rebirths were ignited by the Phoenix' ultimate sacrifice.

Which still makes no goddamn sense, seeing as the Phoenix is meant to be the life force of the multiverse, so really everyone should have died.

Kazenji
So with #6, no sign of the Guardians of the galaxy

i'm guessing they show up in the Godkiller story to get Stark out of jail.

Zack Fair
Space hos will get the D.

curryman
I thought the Shi'ar sacrificed millions just to keep the Phoenix imprisoned....

armedforbattle
There is Shi'ar and then There is the Shi'ard.
The shi'ard are the ones that worship Phoenix.

And the Phoenix isn't gone forever. A phoenix is something that is constantly reborn + Marvel isn't gonna just toss the Phoenix Force away like that.

leonidas
screw all that--when the heck did death's head become 30' tall? blink

Newjak
Originally posted by leonidas
screw all that--when the heck did death's head become 30' tall? blink When his momma told him he could be anything he wanted stop stepping on his dreams leo uhuh

leonidas
embarrasment

Kazenji
Issue 8 preview

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=16069

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Which still makes no goddamn sense, seeing as the Phoenix is meant to be the life force of the multiverse, so really everyone should have died.
Hyperbole. The Force in the present timeline is definitely dead. However in the Original Five storyline being written by Bendis currently, there are indications that the Jean Grey from the past has probably brought the bird with her to the current time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.