Wonder Woman vs Absorbing Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SevenShackles
Absorbing man gets his hands on wonder woman's lasso long enough to.. You know.. Absorb. What can wonder woman do to take him down?

brawl in NYC And lasso can't be removed from absorbing man.
What happens?

KingD19
Wonder Woman is screwed.

She can't hurt him as the lasso is indestructible, and even the means to damage it are beyond her. And he still retains his strength, and now can affect her directly how she uses the lasso to affect other people. Hypnotize her, see her every memory and use them against her. He can even literally rape her soul.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by KingD19
Wonder Woman is screwed.

She can't hurt him as the lasso is indestructible, and even the means to damage it are beyond her. And he still retains his strength, and now can affect her directly how she uses the lasso to affect other people. Hypnotize her, see her every memory and use them against her. He can even literally rape her soul.

You think he has the ability to use the lasso powers to such good effect?

KingD19
Genocide was essentially Wonder Woman's body but instead of being infused with Godly Clay, was infused with soil from places where genocides took place. She was a golem with Doomsday like mental capacity. Basically attacking anyone her masters told her to, and killing anyone who got in the way. She attacked peoples souls directly.

And Creel has several times shown himself to be highly competent when it comes to using his powers.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by SevenShackles
You think he has the ability to use the lasso powers to such good effect?
He was shown to be competent with the cosmic cube...

A worse situation is if he touches her bracers

Sh3nG L0nG
Originally posted by pym-ftw
He was shown to be competent with the cosmic cube...

A worse situation is if he touches her bracers

i don't think there's a single herald or trans character that could hurt kreel if he were to absorb WW's bracers invulnerability

Q99
Something about the lasso, though- it is truth.

If Kreel tried absorbing it, every lie and falsehood he tells himself would instantly collapse. He would immediately have to be entirely honest with himself. I'd think the mental backlash would simply take him out right then and there.

I agree that him touching the bracers would be bad.

DarkSaint85
Wouldn't touching the lasso make him susceptible to being commanded by WW? As it responds to her will and her will alone?

She could tell him to drop dead....

ColossusGrundy
Lasso has magical properties,

can A-man absorb magic?

If not, he loses.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^Lol.

leonidas
in character creel loses. he's absorbed mjolnir, cap's shields and even absorbed the q-bands (and eventually overloaded, so perhaps the CUBE, not sentry and quasar, was the PIS....? funny how it always seems to be the low feats that are PIS....) anyway, ww finds a way to win--or more accurately, creel finds a way to lose.

pym-ftw
Creel has also absorbed part Asgard, so yes quasar or dazzler overloading him is pis

h1a8
Can't WW just bfr him to space?

leonidas
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Creel has also absorbed part Asgard, so yes quasar or dazzler overloading him is pis

so quasar, dazzler, and sentry have overloaded him, but you think absorbing asgard and a cube are NOT pis? i beg to differ. i say creel's absorbing a cube is the highest form of pis, tbh. absorbing asgard? need to see it, but sounds pretty far outside the normal scope of his powers as well, imo.

ThereIsHope
Perhaps the true PIS is being overloaded. If he didnt overload then he'd be the MU's version of amazo, but with one power at a time.

leonidas
^could be. i think it's funny that people always tend to say that absorbing a cube is fine but being overloaded by dazzler is pis. either pov is valid, and given creel's.....less than stellar history, i just think absorbing a cube is....kinda ridiculous for creel. however, in general, i think that's why we throw out both the outlying highs, and the outlying lows for these matches. if he absorbed the lasso would he win? i still say no, given that he's in character. maybe if this was earth x creel, or maybe worthy version, but not traditional creel. least not imho.

DarkSaint85
Giving him properties of the lasso will give WW control over him.

h1a8
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Giving him properties of the lasso will give WW control over him.

True.
Also bfr is always and option right?

DarkSaint85
It always is with me...

Q99
Originally posted by h1a8
True.
Also bfr is always and option right?

Yea, should be no problem.

Though if he touches her and copies her magic-clay properties, then he'd gain flight (iirc Clayface did when he got a bit of her clay).

DarkSaint85
He could also just bear hug her, and then force her to succumb to his will.

Like when the lasso is wrapped around her.

KingD19
In the few instances Creel has become a substance controllable by another person, they haven't been able to do so.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.