Rancor victims...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fizzle12
So in ROTJ there are really only 2 victims of the rancor monster ... the pig-guard and the dancing girl.

Maybe this is kind of bad, but when I watch Return of the Jedi, I actually feel a little more sympathy when the gamorrean guard gets eaten by the Rancor than I do for Jabba's slave dancer.

I'm sure Lucas didn't really intend that, but to me, I think it's awful that Jabba & his courtiers are laughing at the guard, who was really just trying to do his job, as opposed to when they all laugh at the dancing girl, because she was legitimately doing something kinda wrong (trying to escape Jabba I think). Weird thought.

JediRobin23
Yeah, I remember feeling bad for the guard too. He accidentally fell in and they still released the rancor even after he was doings his job and saved Jabba by grabbing Luke. Jabba was a prick

queeq
Maybe they laughed because they found it funny that he fell in accidentally: "Sucker!"

StonedGremlin
It's probably the most disturbing death in the entire Star Wars saga, seriously! Why the hell were his buddies laughing at him? And, gah, that must have been one painful ass death! sad

queeq
Well, they ARE pigs.

JediRobin23
ruthless bastards

queeq
Quite, choke em all, I say.

StonedGremlin
When the rancor dies, the guard's "friends" stop laughing immediatly. Maybe, they weren't laughing specifically at their friend, but at Luke? Or what do I know, haha. Weird scene nonetheless!

queeq
They stop laughing because their friend has died... the rancor.

Kazenji
and also he also was only allowed at after 9 O'clock.

Dolos
Originally posted by JediRobin23
Yeah, I remember feeling bad for the guard too. He accidentally fell in and they still released the rancor even after he was doings his job and saved Jabba by grabbing Luke. Jabba was a prick

Jabba is a cold-ass Huttpimp.

queeq
And a fat one too.

JediRobin23
The other guard starts crying when the Rancor died. Funny, they must have loved the Rancor more than anything

Kinda reminds me of how people in real life can be more sympathetic to poor animals than to people

queeq
Didn't you know ROTJ is a very critical societal film. All the fx and lightsabres and fights, there are all a front. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.