Riddick vs Daredevil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omac9
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and thought this would be an interesting matchup.

Fight takes place in the sewers beneath Hell's Kitchen with little/to no light.

srankmissingnin
lol

Not Riddick.

Omac9
I thought it would be a bit more competitive based on what we saw in "Chronicles" lol.

pym-ftw
No, Matt kills him by accident thinking he was a threat

Mindset
Riddick.

Omac9
Originally posted by Mindset
Riddick.

Well I'm glad my first thread wouldn't be a complete blowout. Thanks smile

srankmissingnin
Riddick.

Youre confusing Riddick with the character Karl Urban played I think. cool

Mindset
The fact that he was able to survive against Karl Urban means he stomps DD.

srankmissingnin
The fact that he was able to survive against Karl Urban means he stomps DD.

Shit, you're right.

Now I'm embarrassed. embarrasment

Omac9
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Shit, you're right.

Now I'm embarrassed. embarrasment

Ha!

DTM
Riddick is good, but hes not Daredevil good (especially comics DD).

KingD19
Make this Dark Fury Riddick, but then it would be unfair to DD imo.

Dark Fury and any comic(proper) version of Riddick would be Cap/Deathstroke level with lots of crazy feats like Midnighter.

Or at least that's how I see him.

Mindset
You also see him naked.

KingD19
He looks good naked. Why not?

sCOURGE_0
Doesn't Riddick have superhuman stats?

KingD19
Originally posted by sCOURGE_0
Doesn't Riddick have superhuman stats?

Yes, but not compared to Comic Daredevil.

As I said, it would be better if this was Dark Fury(the animated movie between Pitch Black and Chronicles) or a comic version of Riddick.

sCOURGE_0
Comic Matt is peak human. Except his senses and possibly his agility

KingD19
He has several superhuman feats, and while he's not say, Captain America. He's higher than the average definition of "Peak Human", and Riddick's feats in Pitch Black and Chronicles are nothing DD couldn't do.

Omac9
Yeah I'd have to give the agility to DD (obviously) but in terms of raw strength, Riddick has the edge IMO.

sCOURGE_0
Originally posted by KingD19
He has several superhuman feats, and while he's not say, Captain America. He's higher than the average definition of "Peak Human", and Riddick's feats in Pitch Black and Chronicles are nothing DD couldn't do. Like what? Seriously I'd like to hear these feats because I've read more than 1/2 of DD's material.

KingD19
Daredevil has crumpled a barbell into a ball.

Flipped over a limo.

Those 2 feats alone put him into the high peak human/low superhuman range.

I'm not an expert though, and I'm sure he has more.

Omac9

I don't doubt it happened in comics but that sounds far fetched for a peak human.

Badabing
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Youre confusing Riddick with the character Karl Urban played I think. cool Originally posted by Mindset
The fact that he was able to survive against Karl Urban means he stomps DD. Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Shit, you're right.

Now I'm embarrassed. embarrasment thumb up

thanos-prime

When was this? Doesn't sound familiar. I know Sabretooth has done this, but I don't think DD has.

DD has bent steel bars; he's lifted a 400 lb. barbell "like it was 50", used it as a weapon then hurled it across a room.

sCOURGE_0
The only thing I've seen is DD flip over a limo which isn't far fetched for comic peak humans

When did he bend steel bars? Can someone show this? I'm not even going to address the the crumbling a bar bel because I'm pretty sure that never happened.

thanos-prime
I'd be interested in learning what strength feats Riddick has. I've only seen the movies.

Omac9
Originally posted by thanos-prime
I'd be interested in learning what strength feats Riddick has. I've only seen the movies.

Me too. I haven't seen the animated movie but from what I gather, from his Furian heritage, he has a low level super human physique.

Tony Stark
Riddick FTW

ColossusGrundy
Riddick was Vin Diesel in the movie.

DD was Ben Affleck.

They both deserve to lose for that.

DTM
I dont remember Riddick doing anything superhuman from the movies, personally (in fact, in Pitch Black, he was pretty much holding his own against the normal human level mercenary/cop/bounty hunter guy).

KingD19
In Pitch Black, without a weapon, he killed a predatory alien capable of killing a human in seconds.

In Riddick, he shoved a tea cup into a man's sternum hard enough to lodge it in several inches. He also forced a knife through Necromonger armor.

Most of his feats were endurance/durability though, like getting shot with a gravity gun and surviving after getting blasted roughly 20 or so feet away and bouncing off of a small boulder.

As for Dark Fury, he's blatantly superhuman, like moving at blur speeds and such.

Kazenji
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Riddick was Vin Diesel in the movie.

Don't knock Vin

Yeah give him shit for playing that role.

DTM
Above feats from the films dont scream superhuman to me. Impressive to be sure, but now what Id call above peak human (especially movie-reality peak human, which we all know is above what reality-reality humans can do).

abhilegend
Here is matt bending steel bars

http://i35.tinypic.com/jskbvr.jpg

DTM
Of course that very scan describes how Matt used his super senses to pick the weakest point in those bars, and with adrenaline adding to his strength, he bent them at those points. I could see a top athlete bending bars at their weakest points if he was really pushing himself. Him crumpling up a weighted barbell is just silly though, especially since DD has already been about speed and agility over power and strength.

ThereIsHope
DD wins

dmills
Only thing remotely superhuman thing I recall from pitch black is him pulling what appears to be several hundred pounds of gear while running to that ship.

KingD19
Originally posted by dmills
Only thing remotely superhuman thing I recall from pitch black is him pulling what appears to be several hundred pounds of gear while running to that ship.

He barehanded killed that alien. That's easily superhuman considering a grown one could lift a man into the air with no effort, and eviscerate him with even less.

dmills
I checked a website that documents in chronological order all of the Riddick stuff from the movies, video games and anime. Supposedly those power cells Riddick was dragging in Pitch Black were 200lbs a piece. Iirc they had to run one mile to the shelter and he had 3-4 power cells.

He's pretty phucking strong. He also may possess pre cognitive abilities. He definitely has super human senses. According to the doc that shined his eyes riddick could smell pheromones released from your skin, hear the blood running through veins and sense your presence within a half mile radius. That's how he knew that Jack was really a girl by smelling her period blood.

dmills
Edit

KingD19
I forgot about Jack, but yeah. He figured the alien creatures could smell her blood because he could smell it, and even though she looked like a guy, he could tell she was a girl because it was that time. It was casual how easily he figured it out too.

Omac9
Yeah all things considered I'd have to give the fight to Riddick.

Mr.SunKing
i'm leaning towards riddick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.