absorbing man vs superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

blade31092
Who will win between absorbing man and superman?

pym-ftw
Creel if he turns magical

-Pr-
Not that i think he can't win, but how would he use magic?

ThereIsHope
If MU wrote him as a bad ass, he might be one of the strongest character's there is. Sadly he isnt written as a bad ass.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by -Pr-
Not that i think he can't win, but how would he use magic?
He can retake past forms simply from memory, enchanted Uru would be his best chance here...

That power might be gone since his repowering

abhilegend
There was this guy you know, Earth-man. He could copy powers from anyone even from a distance. He absorbed the powers of entire LOSH, beat them and went to fight superman. Guess what happened? This happened

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_15.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_16.jpg

Creel would fare no better in a CIS on match.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by abhilegend
Creel would fare no better in a CIS on match. thumb up I would argue that Creel uses the ability to call upon old absorbtions. If he would be more intelligent and could call upon old absorbtions and combine them, he would go from low herald tier to Skyfather+.

-Pr-
Originally posted by pym-ftw
He can retake past forms simply from memory, enchanted Uru would be his best chance here...

That power might be gone since his repowering

Since when could he do that?

ThereIsHope
There are times when Superman seems to be godlike, then he cant even beat guys like Batman when he uses his Kryptonite ring, or the red kryptonite.

Parmaniac
Since when could he do that? I also can't recall a single time where he did that, there's a non canon version that can though.

-Pr-
Originally posted by ThereIsHope
There are times when Superman seems to be godlike, then he cant even beat guys like Batman when he uses his Kryptonite ring, or the red kryptonite.

Huh?

Originally posted by Parmaniac
I also can't recall a single time where he did that, there's a non canon version that can though.

I honestly thought i'd just forgotten, but I genuinely don't recall it.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Parmaniac
thumb up I would argue that Creel uses the ability to call upon old absorbtions. If he would be more intelligent and could call upon old absorbtions and combine them, he would go from low herald tier to Skyfather+.
Yeah, CIS is his downfall. Honestly creel shouldn't lose ever but then I remember he was turned to cocaine by some thugs and distributed among junkies at some point who ate him and he had to reform himself out of their urine in sewers.

sick

quanchi112
Creel wins.

ThereIsHope
Originally posted by quanchi112
Creel wins.

And in one moment, Creel's credability takes a plung.

But on a serious note, if he is written properly. He would probably have a good chance.

quanchi112
And in one moment, Creel's credability takes a plung.

But on a serious note, if he is written properly. He would probably have a good chance. I will never use if written properly in an argument. That implies it is written with the outcome I favor imo.

ThereIsHope
he has been written badly. He has been written so that he overloads when trying to absord the earth. Yet he can absord a cosmic cube.

Its just bad writing. Darkseid has amazing powers yet loses to Superman. Its all bad writing.

quanchi112
he has been written badly. He has been written so that he overloads when trying to absord the earth. Yet he can absord a cosmic cube.

Its just bad writing. Darkseid has amazing powers yet loses to Superman. Its all bad writing. If Darkseid loses or stalemates Superman more than three times it's the norm. You don't dictate what is good writing and what isn't as it's all subjective.

-Pr-
Superman beats everyone. It's not a low showing to lose to Superman.

ThereIsHope
Nope its bullshit. One moment Darkseid harms the spectre, and the antimonitor. One moment he's taking out the JLA. Then he beats up superman

Biased writing? LOL COmics is ful of biased writing.

Writers make superman to be unstoppable, yet in JLA they make him just another part of the team who can be beaten. What universe do you live in?

Sh3nG L0nG
How different is AM to parasite? Superman has enough showings beating parasite. Does creel have a history of beating superman type characters?

quanchi112
Superman beats everyone. It's not a low showing to lose to Superman. I never said it's a low showing. Ever. I said he loses to Superman so people can't say he's beyond Superman because it ignores canon showings.Originally posted by ThereIsHope
Nope its bullshit. One moment Darkseid harms the spectre, and the antimonitor. One moment he's taking out the JLA. Then he beats up superman

Biased writing? LOL COmics is ful of biased writing.

Writers make superman to be unstoppable, yet in JLA they make him just another part of the team who can be beaten. What universe do you live in? Context. He had tech and Luthor hurt the Am. Supergirl also hurt the Am as did the Flash.

Black Adam also hurt the Spectre. How many years ago did he beat up the jla ? Is that the norm now ?

Zack Fair
Yeah, CIS is his downfall. Honestly creel shouldn't lose ever but then I remember he was turned to cocaine by some thugs and distributed among junkies at some point who ate him and he had to reform himself out of their urine in sewers.

sick WTF are you serious? Someone find dem scanz! crylaugh

-Pr-
I never said it's a low showing. Ever. I said he loses to Superman so people can't say he's beyond Superman because it ignores canon showings. Context. He had tech and Luthor hurt the Am. Supergirl also hurt the Am as did the Flash.

Black Adam also hurt the Spectre. How many years ago did he beat up the jla ? Is that the norm now ?

You're contradicting yourself in your own post.

Originally posted by Zack Fair
WTF are you serious? Someone find dem scanz! crylaugh

You've never seen that? Damn...

ThereIsHope
You didnt mention how Darkseid hurt the anti monitor. How odd.

quanchi112
You're contradicting yourself in your own post.

You've never seen that? Damn... No, I am not since I have always seen them as peers. I see Superman and Darkseid as peers. People who say Superman winning against Darkseid is bad writing is saying he's beyond Superman. I disagree because I argue based off what the writers give us.

ThereIsHope
Wrong as usual. Darkseid has been shown to take down Skyfathers, as well as hurt the Anti Monitor. Then he loses to superman. Its obviously character biased.

WHy do you always ruin a perfectly good debate. WHy dont you do what all good little children do and just sit back and watch?

Its like in JLA when Superman says Martian Manhunter is the strongest in the world. Do you think that, that would happen in a superman comic? How about in JLA. WHen the guy who started the JLA came back after selling his soul and he was draining superman. Do you think that would have happend in a Superman comic?

quanchi112
Wrong as usual. Darkseid has been shown to take down Skyfathers, as well as hurt the Anti Monitor. Then he loses to superman. Its obviously character biased.

WHy do you always ruin a perfectly good debate. WHy dont you do what all good little children do and just sit back and watch?

Its like in JLA when Superman says Martian Manhunter is the strongest in the world. Do you think that, that would happen in a superman comic? How about in JLA. WHen the guy who started the JLA came back after selling his soul and he was draining superman. Do you think that would have happend in a Superman comic? What skyfathers has he taken down ? Let's examine this.

What happened when Darkseid ran into Doomsday ?

abhilegend
WTF are you serious? Someone find dem scanz! crylaugh
I'm completely serious. I don't have the scans however. Maybe someone else can post them.

Sh3nG L0nG
What skyfathers has he taken down ? Let's examine this.

What happened when Darkseid ran into Doomsday ?
Darkseid served a purpose in that comic, Thanos would've served the same purpose. To say otherwise would be a biased opinion.

-Pr-
No, I am not since I have always seen them as peers. I see Superman and Darkseid as peers. People who say Superman winning against Darkseid is bad writing is saying he's beyond Superman. I disagree because I argue based off what the writers give us.

lol no.

Honestly, you might think you can peddle that shit to the new members, but seriously, trying it with me is just tired.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sh3nG L0nG
Darkseid served a purpose in that comic, Thanos would've served the same purpose. To say otherwise would be a biased opinion. I disagree. Thanos was in a comic story and actually prevailed over the force of that story. Blood and thunder focused on an out of control thunder god who had acquired the power gem. Thanos prevailed. Saying the same thing would happen to Thanos and treating it as fact is wishful thinking.

ThereIsHope
Who hasnt lost to doomsday? Didnt even gaurdians lose to doomsday? Your point is made moot.

Last time I checked I thought Mantis was a skyfather level being. Maybe i was wrong. I can admit that.

abhilegend
Here is the scene I was talking about

Owl supplies Creel with a kilo of the drug they fed him in prison (presumably cocaine, although it's never stated specifically in the book). In Creel's drugged out stupor, he inadvertantly absorbs the properties of the drug. The Owl has his men blow Creel all over the walls where they scrape it into bags with the intent of selling Creel on the streets as a new designer drug:

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Absorbing%20Man/Absorption/MK%20Spidey%2016/th_MKSM16ffsxtvp006.jpghttp://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Absorbing%20Man/Absorption/MK%20Spidey%2016/th_MKSM16ffsxtvp007.jpghttp://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Absorbing%20Man/Absorption/MK%20Spidey%2016/th_MKSM16ffsxtvp008.jpg

Later it's discovered that everytime one of these people who use "Creel" sweats, cries, or takes a piss, a small piece of the real Creel ends up in the sewers where Creel is able to fully reconstitute himself from the small droplets of liquid:

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Absorbing%20Man/Absorption/MK%20Spidey%2017/th_MKSP17-17.jpghttp://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Absorbing%20Man/Absorption/MK%20Spidey%2017/th_MKSP17-18.jpghttp://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Absorbing%20Man/Absorption/MK%20Spidey%2017/th_MKSP17-22.jpg

quanchi112
Who hasnt lost to doomsday? Didnt even gaurdians lose to doomsday? Your point is made moot.

Last time I checked I thought Mantis was a skyfather level being. Maybe i was wrong. I can admit that. DD had a gl ring and they defeated DD.

No, he isn't. Did you see him in death of the new gods ?

ThereIsHope
I cant recall Death of the New Gods. Characters powers change. I already said I might have been wrong. Yup they defeated DD, but the gaurdian had to sacrifice himself. If the gaurdian didnt do that then DD would have become immune.

ThereIsHope
Hyperions biggest feat was living through the daisy cutters, and even then he was hurt.

quanchi112
I cant recall Death of the New Gods. Characters powers change. I already said I might have been wrong. Yup they defeated DD, but the gaurdian had to sacrifice himself. If the gaurdian didnt do that then DD would have become immune. The guardians still beat him with an amp.

Hyperions biggest feat was living through the daisy cutters, and even then he was hurt. Wrong thread. LOL.

ThereIsHope
The point is that the Gurdians said they would have eventually lost. So your point is moot again. Move on.

Sh3nG L0nG
I disagree. Thanos was in a comic story and actually prevailed over the force of that story. Blood and thunder focused on an out of control thunder god who had acquired the power gem. Thanos prevailed. Saying the same thing would happen to Thanos and treating it as fact is wishful thinking.

Thanos recently lost to a team he should've wiped the floor with (as I'm sure you're well aware of) but he didn't because the story required him to lose, doesn't make him any less powerful in my opinion. Superman is not in Darkseid's league. in fact, I'll go as far as saying that DS losing to superman is PIS pretty much 99% of the time.

Zack Fair
Here is the scene I was talking about

Owl supplies Creel with a kilo of the drug they fed him in prison (presumably cocaine, although it's never stated specifically in the book). In Creel's drugged out stupor, he inadvertantly absorbs the properties of the drug. The Owl has his men blow Creel all over the walls where they scrape it into bags with the intent of selling Creel on the streets as a new designer drug:

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Absorbing%20Man/Absorption/MK%20Spidey%2016/th_MKSM16ffsxtvp006.jpghttp://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Absorbing%20Man/Absorption/MK%20Spidey%2016/th_MKSM16ffsxtvp007.jpghttp://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Absorbing%20Man/Absorption/MK%20Spidey%2016/th_MKSM16ffsxtvp008.jpg

Later it's discovered that everytime one of these people who use "Creel" sweats, cries, or takes a piss, a small piece of the real Creel ends up in the sewers where Creel is able to fully reconstitute himself from the small droplets of liquid:

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Absorbing%20Man/Absorption/MK%20Spidey%2017/th_MKSP17-17.jpghttp://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Absorbing%20Man/Absorption/MK%20Spidey%2017/th_MKSP17-18.jpghttp://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Absorbing%20Man/Absorption/MK%20Spidey%2017/th_MKSP17-22.jpg That is just too awesome...and sad at the same time. Those tugs are uber.

Sh3nG L0nG
That is just too awesome...and sad at the same time. Those tugs are uber.
There was tugging involved? Was that the only way the bad guys could pee in order to release Creel from their bodies?

quanchi112
The point is that the Gurdians said they would have eventually lost. So your point is moot again. Move on. They didn't lose and he had an amp. LOL.

Thanos recently lost to a team he should've wiped the floor with (as I'm sure you're well aware of) but he didn't because the story required him to lose, doesn't make him any less powerful in my opinion. Superman is not in Darkseid's league. in fact, I'll go as far as saying that DS losing to superman is PIS pretty much 99% of the time. Thanos was weakened and was up against three super teams. he still wasn't ko'd and the elders also were involved. Great showing of Thanos' power even while weakened.

It hasn't just happened once it's happened numerous times. You;re just in denial.

ThereIsHope
He is weakend by what?

The Gaurdians said that he would eventually have become immune to the power of the GL's. I didnt say they lost. More proof you cant read.

What amp? He had an amp for a normal GL thats not much of an amp against gaurdians.

quanchi112
He is weakend by what?

The Gaurdians said that he would eventually have become immune to the power of the GL's. I didnt say they lost. More proof you cant read.

What amp? He had an amp for a normal GL thats not much of an amp against gaurdians. CC.

Yes, and they defeated him before that happened.

A gl ring is an amp for him.

ThereIsHope
Being put to sleep is a weakness? So if i sing to him is that his new kyptonite?

I never said they lost is the point. The point is that they said he would have eventually beaten them. One had to die to beat him.

One ring vs all the gaurdians is not an amp.

quanchi112
Being put to sleep is a weakness? So if i sing to him is that his new kyptonite?

I never said they lost is the point. The point is that they said he would have eventually beaten them. One had to die to beat him.

One ring vs all the gaurdians is not an amp. You need to familiarize yourswlf with the comic.

One ring is an amp for Dd. He doesn't have access to those powerson his own so ampy amp mcamperton.

Sh3nG L0nG

It hasn't just happened once it's happened numerous times. You;re just in denial.

Oh, the irony.

quanchi112
Oh, the irony. ?

ThereIsHope
Sharifffff dont like it, rock the casbah rock the casbah.

Sh3nG L0nG
?
I need some catnip.

quanchi112
I need some catnip. I forbid you.

ThereIsHope
I heard you actually ran to a mod quanchi. Lame buddy.

cdtm
I will never use if written properly in an argument. That implies it is written with the outcome I favor imo.

So what version of Creel are you going with, then?

Because it's not the one from comics. stick out tongue

Creel might be one of the most CIS crippled characters in comics.. (And CIS IS on by default..)

Poor guy couldn't even beat Luke Cage. He couldn't even beat Avengers with Cosmic Cube powers. sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.