Iron Man vs. Spider-Man (Symbiote)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkNemesis
http://www.gadgetreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/iron_man_ht_1.jpg

vs.

http://image.com.com/filmspot/images/assets/photos/default/a8/6e/91868.jpg

A fight in the middle of the city. Tony is in his Mark 7 suit from Avengers, Pete is in his symbiote suit from Spider-Man 3.

Two scenarios:

1. H2H only, start 10 feet away from each other.
2. Anything goes, start 30 feet away from each other.

Bloodlust is on, who wins this?

KingD19
Bloodlust is on?

Tony bisects him with a laser in both fights.

/thread

Mindset
H2H for the first fight.

The Silent Hero
Iron Man loses to Spidey in H2H. It would be like fighting Thor but ten times worse.

From 30 feet Peter probably gets blown to bits, unless he can use web attacks from that distance to screw with Tony before he pulls out the laser. But I doubt it.

Lestov16
Don't know about the H2H. Peter has spider-sense and agility on his side, and I forgot his highest strength feats but the fact that Pete was able to restrain and rapid-moving subway boxcar in SM2 certainly means he's no slouch in the department. That being stated, one punch in the face from Iron Man and he's definitely down for the count. I am also unsure if Spidey's punch could damage IM's armor, although it is possible, depending on his highest strength feats if someone could remind me.

Darth Martin
Spider-Man should win the H2H fight. Iron Man is fairly durable but Spider-Man even without the symbiote is pretty durable himself. Not to mention he's FAR faster and too acrobatic for Stark to deal with. The Symbiote may be able to get inside the armor and **** with Stark from the inside out.

The regular match that scenario 2 stipulates should result with Iron Man winning handily.

FrothByte
H2H Spidey should win. I just can't see IM being able to tag Spiderman. IM's not exactly a H2H expert.

All out, although IM should have some trouble hitting Spidey, he should eventually win all the arsenal he carries.

BruceSkywalker
Spidey wins h2h which is so obvious being that Stark is not a H2H expert

second fight Stark can fire from a distance and tag Black Spidey

the ninjak
If only movie Tony had sonics.

Darth Martin
Interestingly enough, Obadiah Stane did. Not that he applied it to his armor or anything. But he wiped out the Ten Rings' militia with them as well as torturing Stark.

KingD19
Tony also invented the sonic heavy guns that hurt Hulk in Incredible Hulk(08), but as he hasn't shown them in the movies, we can't say he has them.

Darth Martin
Good shit. Forgot that.

BlackZero30x
Id go with spiderman in h2h for sure. As for anything goes Im still leaning to spiderman. Tony has some cool exotic abilities but Spiderman was pretty damn powerful, fast, agile. Look at how he dodged Goblins surprise attack with the glider.

Darth Martin
Hold on now. He isn't beating Iron Man in a regular fight.

KingD19
Tony's armor has taken punches from tank shells with just scorched surface. And took some hits from Thor, as well as dishing out some of his own.

Newjak
All out Tony wins. He has weapons that can lock unto Spidey no problem and deal with him easily enough.

H2H Spidey is pretty strong but it's hard to know how strong he is compared to Tony.

He is obviously quicker. Although Tony would be more durable.

BlackZero30x
His webbing is stronger then steel and it would seem he doesn't run out of it. I feel with his speed and spider sense it would be more then enough to let him dodge Tony's attacks. Add webbing....especially to the moveable joints in tonys suit. Even a hard punch to the arc reactor in his suit could probably cripple him. I feel unless Tony attacks with some of his tracking weapons from the start and Spiderman doesn't evade them...then Tony could win but I feel that spidermans gonna be dodging most of what Tony can throw at him. Plus we gotta keep in mind he's going to have a strength boost here.

Robtard
LoL, you people. Spider-Man both scenarios. Only way Tony wins is taking to the skies and getting a lucky long range hit.

Newjak
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
His webbing is stronger then steel and it would seem he doesn't run out of it. I feel with his speed and spider sense it would be more then enough to let him dodge Tony's attacks. Add webbing....especially to the moveable joints in tonys suit. Even a hard punch to the arc reactor in his suit could probably cripple him. I feel unless Tony attacks with some of his tracking weapons from the start and Spiderman doesn't evade them...then Tony could win but I feel that spidermans gonna be dodging most of what Tony can throw at him. Plus we gotta keep in mind he's going to have a strength boost here. I'm basing this roughly off the Green Goblin fight who Tony makes look like a cheap toy in comparison of weapons and abilities.

Tony utilizing his flight advantage and weapons and tracking advantage should easily over power Spider-man.

Also steel isn't tough compared to what Tony can dish out.

I don't see Spider-man dodging the hundreds of little missiles Tony can launch all at the same time.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Newjak
I'm basing this roughly off the Green Goblin fight who Tony makes look like a cheap toy in comparison of weapons and abilities.

Tony utilizing his flight advantage and weapons and tracking advantage should easily over power Spider-man.

Also steel isn't tough compared to what Tony can dish out.

I don't see Spider-man dodging the hundreds of little missiles Tony can launch all at the same time.

They did do Iron man better then goblin you get that lol.

Considering his agility I would think unless he is attacked with a huge barrage of missiles he could probably maneuver his way out of the situation. By causing the tracking missiles to hit other thing by way of moving out of the way last minute.

A highly sticky, highly flexible, steel strength web would do amazing things if he were to use it to gunk up the movable joints on his suit...or he just tags the arc reactor with it and yanks really hard.

I agree with robtard. if he flys high in the sky and unleashes hell then he could win. The thing is though I can foresee Spidy getting off the first shot and thats all it would really take. Its a widely known fact that this arc reactor in his chest keeps him alive and I feel a blood lusted black suit spiderman would it that out at the start.

the ninjak
Originally posted by the ninjak
If only movie Tony had sonics. Originally posted by Darth Martin
Interestingly enough, Obadiah Stane did. Not that he applied it to his armor or anything. But he wiped out the Ten Rings' militia with them as well as torturing Stark. Originally posted by KingD19
Tony also invented the sonic heavy guns that hurt Hulk in Incredible Hulk(08), but as he hasn't shown them in the movies, we can't say he has them.

That's right. If only Tony had some prep smile

H2H- Symbiote Spidey is going to have a hard time in H2H. His train feat of strength form SM2 isn't a hard one to gauge when compared to how Ironman took on Thor. Thor was holding back with Tony the whole time in Avengers, this bloodlusted Spidey wouldn't. Tony's durability is insane though.

I see this Spidey dodging all of Tony's blows until he can grab a leg then whack him into the earth like a rag doll. This won't compromise the armor though. An earlier model survived a tank shell and flying into the ground from many ft from the air. Spidey needs to hit the Arc Reactor.

Powers On- Tony hits the air or unleashes the Red Lasers around his general area. If Spidey dodges em he lives. Spidey hits the buildings Tony is playing cat and mouse with Spidey. I see Spidey smashing though windows to escape the homing missiles. Laying traps of webbing along the way. The webbing will stop Tony in his tracks. But not for long.

Tony is stronger than the Green Goblin arguably.

But a blood lusted Spidey can just coat Tony in many layers of webbing.
We've never seen it happen though.

Newjak
They did do Iron man better then goblin you get that lol.

Considering his agility I would think unless he is attacked with a huge barrage of missiles he could probably maneuver his way out of the situation. By causing the tracking missiles to hit other thing by way of moving out of the way last minute.

A highly sticky, highly flexible, steel strength web would do amazing things if he were to use it to gunk up the movable joints on his suit...or he just tags the arc reactor with it and yanks really hard.

I agree with robtard. if he flys high in the sky and unleashes hell then he could win. The thing is though I can foresee Spidy getting off the first shot and thats all it would really take. Its a widely known fact that this arc reactor in his chest keeps him alive and I feel a blood lusted black suit spiderman would it that out at the start. Strangely enough Ironman has large barrages of missiles on him with highly accurate weapons locking systems that can track multiple targets.

Spidey couldn't even dodge all of Green Goblins pumpkin blades.

Also Tony does have the option of nuking the whole area something he has the firepower to pull off.

Spider-Man's webbing was never able to gunk anything up and Ironman's armor is completely sealed off from the outside world as evidenced by him traveling in space and underwater so it's not like the webbing will get into the joints to actually gunk it up and IM is stronger than steel.

IM's arc reactor is inside his armor so in order for Spidey to yank it out he will have to compromise Tony's armor and considering it can withstand not being completely shredded by a high powered turbine it won't be easy to compromise.

BlackZero30x
No actually he most certainly did doge ALL of the razors he tried to doge and with no problem I might add. You are thinking of where he goes all wonder women and trys to deflect the blades with his wrists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GAXZDl0WKA

Just because the webbing wasn't shown to gunk stuff up doesn't mean jack. Thats typically a good argument but not in this instance as it more then meets the requirements to do so. And just because the armor is sealed on the inside doesn't mean it doesn't have outer joints...which looking at the picture in the op alone shows that it indeed does. He can be stronger then steel and it wont matter....wrapping him up in multiple layers of webbing would be like warping him up in multiple layers of steel girders..... His cutting lasers would be his best option to get out as apposed to just "breaking" his way through. As for the arc reactor yeah its in his suit but its not covered by anything. One swift punch should do the trick if the webs can't pull it out.

Robtard
The reactor is covered/protected by a layer of some type of glass or clear material.

BlackZero30x
I don't remember that being so but even if it is im not to sure it would protect against a well placed punch or two from spiderman

Robtard
IIRC, you can see it in a few scenes when he's putting on or taking off the armor. It's like a built-in window for the reactor.

Not 100% sure though, just very.

Newjak
No actually he most certainly did doge ALL of the razors he tried to doge and with no problem I might add. You are thinking of where he goes all wonder women and trys to deflect the blades with his wrists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GAXZDl0WKA

Just because the webbing wasn't shown to gunk stuff up doesn't mean jack. Thats typically a good argument but not in this instance as it more then meets the requirements to do so. And just because the armor is sealed on the inside doesn't mean it doesn't have outer joints...which looking at the picture in the op alone shows that it indeed does. He can be stronger then steel and it wont matter....wrapping him up in multiple layers of webbing would be like warping him up in multiple layers of steel girders..... His cutting lasers would be his best option to get out as apposed to just "breaking" his way through. As for the arc reactor yeah its in his suit but its not covered by anything. One swift punch should do the trick if the webs can't pull it out. The point was he got caught and hit multiple times by items far less advanced then what Ironman is packing. If a few blades can give him trouble imagine dozens of precision guided missiles.

I don't remember that being so but even if it is im not to sure it would protect against a well placed punch or two from spiderman Considering it didn't get destroyed when he was in the fan blades I think his chest cover is tougher than you think.

BlackZero30x
I'll look for it. You could be right...I probably just never noticed it.

KingD19
Rob's right. The armor has a sort of plexiglass or clear plastic covering over the Arc Reactor. Considering how important it is to Iron Man surviving, the glass should be pretty strong. But if Spidey does damage/destroy it, he'd probably be in as much trouble as Tony. As the energy would more than likely explode outward and mess him up.

Robtard
Not so sure the reactor explodes when being ripped out. Stane did it when he stole it; it didn't explode. Though he used some sort of claw-device, iirc.

Besides, Spider-Man's tanked a Goblin bomb with his face, he has very high levels of durability when it comes to explosions.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Newjak
The point was he got caught and hit multiple times by items far less advanced then what Ironman is packing. If a few blades can give him trouble imagine dozens of precision guided missiles.

Considering it didn't get destroyed when he was in the fan blades I think his chest cover is tougher than you think.

I just posted the video and watched it....I don't recall the blades giving him trouble and he only got hit once. That was only because he got cocky and acted like an amazon princess. For gods sake at the end he bent back dodging both blades at once causing them to collide.

Maybe I am underestimating the strength of the covering but from what I remember he took the blunt of the damage to the back of the armor.

KingD19
The tank shell hit him nearly directly on his chest/stomach.

BlackZero30x
No it hit near his left shoulder. If we are both talking about the same scene

SevenShackles
Ironman is much more Durable than some people seem to think. His armor took a shot from a shell and got thrashed about by a turbine and despite it's beaten appearance was still capable of functioning fine (more or less) after that last mentioned feat.
Can spidey with the emp from the back goo really simulate the amount of force generated by that tank shell and keep hitting him? Or can he hit even harder, faster? I'm worried spidey other than avoiding most harm can't really out down Tony.

His chest despite being clear is no less durable than the rest of him, why would it be? It's never been shown as a weak point of his armor just a target to aim at. Tony took hits and proved he can at least stand his ground in a H2H fight.

I'm not sure about his webbing Jamming up the IM armor being how tightly sealed it is unless it's just knee and elbow joints and the such.

All out I think ironman has a good advantage. Definitely with blood lust.

The Silent Hero
There is no way Spidey could through his armour, let alone his breastplate. It's the most durable part of his armour. It's taken hits from Mjolnir, tanks, Obadaih Stane stomping on it, etc. In the IM 3 trailer his whole house fell on his chest and I'm assuming he survives that. One punch from Pete won't do anything. He'll have to get his finger in the grooves and pull.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=s9QXxMywy7s#t=212s

But regardless he'll never get that chance from 30 feet away. His webs won't slow Tony down for long and rocket and lasers will destroy him.

FrothByte
I don't think Spidey has a chance trying to punch it out with Tony. Spiderman isn't strong enough to dent that armor (unless we're assuming that Spidey is somewhere near Thor is strength).

His best bet as Silent Hero mentions is to start putting fingers into nooks and hopefully pull something off. That, or start throwing cars at IM and lead him into traps.

Darth Martin
Symbiote Spider-Man isn't that much more powerful than his regular self. I seem to remember him having trouble with Green Goblin(basically a poor mans Iron Man).

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by The Silent Hero
There is no way Spidey could through his armour, let alone his breastplate. It's the most durable part of his armour. It's taken hits from Mjolnir, tanks, Obadaih Stane stomping on it, etc. In the IM 3 trailer his whole house fell on his chest and I'm assuming he survives that. One punch from Pete won't do anything. He'll have to get his finger in the grooves and pull.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=s9QXxMywy7s#t=212s

But regardless he'll never get that chance from 30 feet away. His webs won't slow Tony down for long and rocket and lasers will destroy him.

yeah but it seems that the suit he wears in the new Iron man movie is #40 something. By the avengers he was only on what? Mark 7? So im pretty sure that can't be used as any form of proof.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Symbiote Spider-Man isn't that much more powerful than his regular self. I seem to remember him having trouble with Green Goblin(basically a poor mans Iron Man).

He was a poor mans Iron Man but he was a Poor mans Iron man with fully enhanced powers and a armor suit to boot.

Darth Martin
He's a poor mans Iron Man with all that factored in.

BlackZero30x
ok? I said that....

But that doesn't change the fact he has powers near spidermans level.

Darth Martin
What does it matter? Obviously, he had powers near his level because he was punking the shit out of Spider-Man.

Iron Man>>>Spider-Man

BlackZero30x
exactly why I do not understand where your getting at. You said "He had trouble with goblin (a poor mans Ironman)". Well who gives a flying f*** if his tech is superior to Starks? Its the man he had trouble with. The man that could have done just the same without his suit because his powers came from the gas he inhaled. So right now your argument is "spiderman had trouble fighting a guy that was at spidermans level physically".....Which makes absolutely no sense.

Darth Martin
I don't see what is so difficult. The gap between the regular and symbiote possessed Spider-Man is far smaller than that between Green Goblin and Iron Man.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.