Darth Maul and Savage Opress vs Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sybrael

DARTH POWER
Ashoka's a non-factor. She dies quickly, and a Rage Enhanced Anakin grabs her Saber and pulls an Obi-Wan on the duo. Except he unlike in Obi-Wan's fight, if Opress goes down then so will Maul eventually.

axel_jovan

DARTH POWER
^ HaHa

Ok they don't kill her, instead they try to harass her. Either way Anakin gets enraged, takes Ashoka's lightsaber and defeats them both.

It would be a hard fight for him if Ashoka was dead, but with her alive distracting and frustrating the Sith, it might become much easier Lol.

NTJack0
Ahsoka gets steam rolled, then Ragakin spatters the brothers all over the wall.

Arhael
She can keep distance and distract one of the brothers but either of them can Force handle her.

Even if Anakin gets enraged, there is still a problem. Anakin is Djem So practitioner. Style that lacks mobility - one of the most important attributes, when fighting multiple opponents. While we see him using Jarkai in AotC but that wasn't exactly impressive performance and he abandoned Ataru since, while Kenobi at that point was already Master of this style.

In short Anakin's style is best for fighting single opponents. Enraged Anakin would stomp either brother but against both of them he has no chance.

DARTH POWER
I recall Anakin's used Jar Kai a couple of times in Clone Wars (just for a short time) whenever a second Saber presented itself. And he is supposed to be just as skilled as Obi-Wan.

And I doubt think he abandoned Ataro. I mean we thought Obi-Wan did, but obviously not. And he is supposed to be just as skilled as Obi-Wan(blade for blade they were identical) and knows his moves inside out (as Obi-Wan knows his).

The main problem I see if the brothers combine their force powers on him then he's screwed. Heck they are each deadly enough on their own in that department.

Arhael
It's hard to say. From one side their styles indeed seemed identical in RotS, the only difference was philosophy with which they approached the fight. Anakin demonstrated good kicking ability as well. But still it doesn't make them identical in every single bit, for instance Kenobi isn't as good at Force defenses as Anakin. Kenobi on the other hand is good at taking advantage of surroundings, while Anakin gets pissed off and just goes at opponent in a straight line without caring for anything else.

Anakin before changing his style wasn't Ataru Master, while Kenobi was.
We can't just assume that Anakin can pull out all the same tricks as Kenobi. And don't forget in what circumstances Kenobi chopped off Anakin's limbs. I can give you many examples of how characters attack from a jump. The only explanation is that acrobatics is not Anakin's thing.

It's also only possibility that Anakin will figure out to grab second lightsaber and not a fact that brothers will let him do it.

Moreover, Kenobi changed his style but still relied on agility, not strength. But Anakin almost abandoned dodging in favor of strong posture. Fighting multiple opponents gives no room for generating powerful attacks, I can't see Anakin giving a good fight without relying on strength.

That's rather unsupported, things don't work in SW like that, unless it is Karpyshyn books. Characters normally need to catch opponent off guard or get some rage boost.

Maul couldn't Force handle Kenobi even 1x1. He managed to choke him only after getting angry enough and still probably because Kenobi was too focused on physical combat part.

Brothers couldn't combine Force power against Kenobi. They had their chance to combine power against Sidious, but didn't, it doesn't mean that Sidious is more than twice powerful than them though.

The fact that Kenobi stalemated Anakin, yet, failed to resist less powerful Dooku implies that it's all about skill. When Sidious Force blasted brothers at beginning, it didn't to do anything ground breaking. But, when Sidious caught Maul off guard in the midst of fight, Force attack that logically supposed to be less powerful than the first one, took out Maul for considerable time.

Overally, Anakin tanking Force attacks of Dooku who Force handled Kenobi while fending off Anakin is far more impressive than two brothers that were unable to Force handle Kenobi together. Remember that Kenobi was still combat effective after choke, so it doesn't count.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Arhael

Anakin before changing his style wasn't Ataru Master, while Kenobi was.

Obi-Wan was supposed to have abandoned Ataru after TPM when he wasn't a Master either.

The chosen one's path to mastery is much quicker than most people's. I don't believe he just abandoned it. Rise of Darth Vader is set only shortly after Revenge of the Sith in which Vader is said to be trained in every form.

We can't just assume that Anakin can pull out all the same tricks as Kenobi.

I wouldn't say he knows all his tricks. But how many tricks did he use against the brothers? He just fought them in a straight up fight.

And don't forget in what circumstances Kenobi chopped off Anakin's limbs. I can give you many examples of how characters attack from a jump. The only explanation is that acrobatics is not Anakin's thing.

Don't forget Anakin's opening move in that fight! He started it in a backflip. And losing his limbs was due to a leap from a disadvantageous position which Obi-Wan was prepared to meet. I doubt if you reversed their roles that Obi-Wan could have made that jump more successfully.

Starkiller in TFUII also notes that Vader was trying to get the high ground over Starkiller which would lead to a stalemate(because Starkiller wan't stupid enough to contemplate making such a jump). This was towards the end of their Saber fight.

It's also only possibility that Anakin will figure out to grab second lightsaber and not a fact that brothers will let him do it.

It seems to be what he does when the opportunity presents itself. Also the Brothers didn't stop Kenobi getting Adi's Lightsaber, probably because they wern't bothered about it and assumed he wasn't a threat on his own.

Moreover, Kenobi changed his style but still relied on agility, not strength. But Anakin almost abandoned dodging in favor of strong posture. Fighting multiple opponents gives no room for generating powerful attacks, I can't see Anakin giving a good fight without relying on strength.

There's no point in knowing different styles unless you use them appropriately. Anakin would be forced to adapt in that situation.
(Well he should be capable of doing so anyway).

Characters normally need to catch opponent off guard or get some rage boost.

Maul couldn't Force handle Kenobi even 1x1. He managed to choke him only after getting angry enough and still probably because Kenobi was too focused on physical combat part.

Brothers couldn't combine Force power against Kenobi. They had their chance to combine power against Sidious, but didn't, it doesn't mean that Sidious is more than twice powerful than them though.

The fact that Kenobi stalemated Anakin, yet, failed to resist less powerful Dooku implies that it's all about skill. When Sidious Force blasted brothers at beginning, it didn't to do anything ground breaking. But, when Sidious caught Maul off guard in the midst of fight, Force attack that logically supposed to be less powerful than the first one, took out Maul for considerable time.

Overally, Anakin tanking Force attacks of Dooku who Force handled Kenobi while fending off Anakin is far more impressive than two brothers that were unable to Force handle Kenobi together. Remember that Kenobi was still combat effective after choke, so it doesn't count.

I don't think Sidious's force tk is actually greater than Maul and Opress's combined, but it would be a lot more difficult doing it to the superior force user.

If Maul or Opress can't force choke or Force throw Sidious individually then the chances of them combining the powers in perfect coordination to do it is pretty unlikely.

Whilst if either on of them force throws or temporarily chokes say Skywalker or Kenobi, then it would be very easy for the other to join in.

I agree with the catching off guard thing, but let's face it in a 2 vs 1 it's pretty likely one of the 2 will get an opportunity to catch the 1 off guard as well.

I think both of the brothers do have superior Force TK than either Skywalker (unless he goes all Mortis Uber) or Kenobi individually. Heck Opress alone has floored both of them with a Force wave on a few occasions.

Oh and by the way Maul almost force chokes the life out of Kenobi in the comic book "The Sith Hunters".(Set in between Revenge and Revival and has a special thanks to Katie Lucas and Dave Filoni at the end). Maul doesn't even ignite his Saber. And it does put Kenobi out of the fight. Maul and Opress then run from a group of Jedi.

Maul also put Kenobi out of comission with his Force Blast in Revival (yes the rage was probably building up at that point. But it tends to happen if your losing the Saber fight).

Also it would have been difficult for Opress and Maul to combine force powers in that situation. Opress's powers are not that focused to elegantly join in the force choke in a condined area. Also he may have let Maul just do what he was doing, which was pinning Obi-Wan against the wall for the brothers to physically attack. (Of course the likely reason he didn't join in the force choke could be because he was already battered and on his knees at that point Lol).

Excalibur2776
Even though Anakin is Djem So practionor doesn't mean he lacks mobility, he has obviously overcome that atribute as seen in ROTS, hes very fast and agile. Ahsoka Tano would probably get injured or even die, but by no means is she a non-factor.
I say Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano take this, but not unscathed.

Col. Valerian
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I recall Anakin's used Jar Kai a couple of times in Clone Wars (just for a short time) whenever a second Saber presented itself. And he is supposed to be just as skilled as Obi-Wan.

And I doubt think he abandoned Ataro. I mean we thought Obi-Wan did, but obviously not. And he is supposed to be just as skilled as Obi-Wan(blade for blade they were identical) and knows his moves inside out (as Obi-Wan knows his)

Never is it stated that 'blade for blade they were identical'. Anakin actually was the superior fighter by RotS, and the only reason their fight was extremely close is due to the fact that, as you pointed out, they knew each other's moves inside out. In TCW, however, I don't know where Anakin truly stands in terms of lightsaber combat.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
Never is it stated that 'blade for blade they were identical'. Anakin actually was the superior fighter by RotS, and the only reason their fight was extremely close is due to the fact that, as you pointed out, they knew each other's moves inside out.

Actually, book!ROTS does give that line. But that's what I always interpreted it to mean.

In TCW, however, I don't know where Anakin truly stands in terms of lightsaber combat.

Well, he's been giving Dooku fits in every battle minus "Escape From Kadavo."

Col. Valerian
Really? Stated in the RotS novel? Wow, that just doesn't make any sense. erm

And if he gives Dooku trouble in TCW, he's above almost every Jedi by then.

The_Tempest

I love Stover, but sometimes he indulges in purple prose.

thumb up

Col. Valerian
Then, judging by what you're telling me about Anakin, this fight goes to team 2. Ashoka is very weak compared to either of the brothers and I'd normally say that someone as weak as her would be a non-factor, but since this is Ashoka we're talking about, she'd most likely utilize her sneaky abilities and her cunning to either trick, taunt or effectively distract at least one of her opponents, while Anakin deals with the other.

Even without Ashoka, Anakin could win this.

DARTH POWER
Never is it stated that 'blade for blade they were identical'.

You need to chill out bro. Just because you don't agree with my stance on Sidious vs the Zabrak brothers doesn't mean you have to attack everything I say just for the sake of it.

He's done more than just give Count Dooku trouble. He's very nearly overpowered him. And that's while the Count was using all his superior force powers on him.

So yes Skywalker is easily the 3rd most powerful Jedi after Yoda and Mace. And clearly a top-tier Saber duelist.

NewGuy01
Anakin soloes the saber duel. With Ahsoka fighting off Opress, this is overkill. Collectively, Savage as Mauls force powers are significantly better than Ani/Snips. However, in the end I feel team 1 would be victorious.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by NewGuy01
With Ahsoka fighting off Opress, this is overkill.

That is a very charitable interpretation of Ahsoka's performance against Savage.

DARTH POWER
Anakin soloes the saber duel. With Ahsoka fighting off Opress, this is overkill.

What do you think Anakin will defeat Maul before Opress defeats Ashoka?

Col. Valerian
You need to chill out bro. Just because you don't agree with my stance on Sidious vs the Zabrak brothers doesn't mean you have to attack everything I say just for the sake of it.

You misunderstand. It wasn't intended as 'an attack to what you said'. I would've said that to anyone else, not just you. I genuinely believed it was never stated. I haven't read the RotS novel in years. My bad.

NewGuy01

You underestimate Tano's abilities. She defeated Pre Visla, who did very well against Maul. And seeing as to how Savage was trashed by Maul, it's inconceivable to see how Ahsoka would be tooled by Savage.

DARTH POWER
You underestimate Tano's abilities. She defeated Pre Visla, who did very well against Maul. And seeing as to how Savage was trashed by Maul, it's inconceivable to see how Ahsoka would be tooled by Savage.

Ok that's possibly one of the worst A>B>C logic I've ever heard.

Maul challenged Pre Vizla to honorable combat. Which is why he didn't use any force powers against him. Otherwise looking at how Opress was casually choking and throwing Deathwatch warriors around, I don't see how Vizla would be any more difficult to deal with by Maul.

And IIRC wasn't Pre-Vizla drunk when he fought Ashoka? And he floored her first. And I don't think she actually defeated him.

Anyway Ashoka might be getting quite competent in Saber combat, but a beast like Opress can Force Choke her and physically overpower her without a problem.

Your also underestimating how well Maul can do against Anakin Imo.

NewGuy01
Ok that's possibly one of the worst A>B>C logic I've ever heard.

Maul challenged Pre Vizla to honorable combat. Which is why he didn't use any force powers against him. Otherwise looking at how Opress was casually choking and throwing Deathwatch warriors around, I don't see how Vizla would be any more difficult to deal with by Maul.

And IIRC wasn't Pre-Vizla drunk when he fought Ashoka? And he floored her first. And I don't think she actually defeated him.

Anyway Ashoka might be getting quite competent in Saber combat, but a beast like Opress can Force Choke her and physically overpower her without a problem.

Your also underestimating how well Maul can do against Anakin Imo.

The above is all correct. My point was that her power should be at least comparable to Savages. It wasn't meant to say Ahsoka owns savage lol

Vensai
Tano loses quickly. Anakin never seemed to be extremely good with JarKai to me in AoTC. I say the brothers use TK and teamwork to win a tough fight.

Acasha

He probably wont defeat him first before Opress kills Ahsoka sad

mnat801
Who else, like me, would have preferred Savage weilding a single heavy duty saber and Maul a new double-sided saber?

Vensai
Originally posted by mnat801
Who else, like me, would have preferred Savage weilding a single heavy duty saber and Maul a new double-sided saber?

Well, I doubt that would change the outcome of the fight. I think it would have been cool to see Maul using his old lightsaber again though as well as his silent attitude.

Dolos
Anakin tanks Ahsoka through this, and overpowers Maul IMO.

Vensai
Originally posted by Dolos
Anakin tanks Ahsoka through this, and overpowers Maul IMO.

What about Savage? His victories over Council Members like Plo and Adi establish him as stronger than a padawan like Ahsoka.

Dolos
Originally posted by Vensai
What about Savage? His victories over Council Members like Plo and Adi establish him as stronger than a padawan like Ahsoka.

That's why Anakin tanks her through this.

He wouldn't need much more than Ashoka to give him the edge here.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Vensai
Tano loses quickly. Anakin never seemed to be extremely good with JarKai to me in AoTC. I say the brothers use TK and teamwork to win a tough fight.

A very possible scenario.

Btw according to the AOTC novel Anakin's Jar Kai gave Dooku a lot of trouble. Doesn't matter how many seconds it lasted in the movies, it matters how close he came to passing Dooku's defenses in those few seconds.

Originally posted by Dolos
That's why Anakin tanks her through this.

He wouldn't need much more than Ashoka to give him the edge here.

Problem is like Mace and crew displayed against Sidious, if one party is not on a competing level with the foe then they may not be any help at all.

Bergmar
Team 1 easily

Underachiever59
Holy necromancy, Batman!

Yeah, with the context of Season 7, Ahsoka and Anakin can definitely take this. Anakin is hands down superior to either Savage or Maul, and Ahsoka can hold her own fairly well against Maul 1v1, which should put her above Savage in terms of skill. Granted, there's still a good chance that Savage just batters his way through her defenses like he's done against others like Kenobi and Dooku, and her physical strikes will have about the same lack of effect as Adi's. But she can still probably keep him occupied long enough for Anakin to demolish Maul, and then the Jedi duo destroys Savage.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Underachiever59
Holy necromancy, Batman!

Yeah, with the context of Season 7, Ahsoka and Anakin can definitely take this.

Tbf this thread was referring to S5 Ahsoka.

But yeah I clearly underestimated her innate Filoni Powah.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Anakin solos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.