Lestat vs Edward Cullen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
Tom Cruise version
Fight in Times Square to the death. Permanent midnight until the battle ends.
Who wins?

Robtard
Lestat.

FrothByte
Normally I'd answer Lestat, but I don't believe the Tom Cruise version was that strong yet. They both have super speed and super strength and a power of telepathy, but Cullen has no weakness to sunlight and has tougher skin.

So Cullen vs. Cruise's Lestat = Cullen.

However if it was Lestat in Queen of the damned: Lestat was already about a century stronger then than he was in Interview with A Vampire. He also already drank from the Queen and was able to fly already I believe. Strong enough to take on multiple vamps at the same time (which is something Edward has never been able to do). This version of Lestat would snap off Edward's neck without too much trouble.

BruceSkywalker
can someone remind me what tom cruise did

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
can someone remind me what tom cruise did He's more powerful than he let's on:

QIWw5LbArgM

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
He's more powerful than he let's on:

QIWw5LbArgM

thanks for that.. its just that.. I've never really seen interview with the vampire

Robtard
thanks for that.. its just that.. I've never really seen interview with the vampire

It's decent. Though it has a homoerotic factor of 7, not sure how you feel about that sort of thing.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Lestat.

Anyone who argues against this is an idiot fanboy.

BruceSkywalker
It's decent. Though it has a homoerotic factor of 7, not sure how you feel about that sort of thing.

i have a few gay friends so it doesn't bother me

Originally posted by dadudemon

bring on the batman threads so I can big grin

Mindset
It's decent. Though it has a homoerotic factor of 7, not sure how you feel about that sort of thing. What factor would it be if you watch it with a boner?

Robtard
Originally posted by Mindset
What factor would it be if you watch it with a boner?

Depends on the size of said boner, factor scales accordingly.

Robtard
i have a few gay friends so it doesn't bother me

LoL, queer.

Mindset
LoL, queer. laughing out loud

FrothByte

Not really. Lestat, although he became one of the strongest vampires in modern day fiction, did have to start out as a young and weak vamp like all other new bloods. With that said, Interview with a vampire was either the first or 2nd book about Lestat's life and thus he was still fairly weak and young at this point.

Edward Cullen on the other hand was fairly consistent throughout all the books and movies and seemed to already be at the peak of his powers.

Tom Cruise's Lestat has more weaknesses than Edward Cullen. Would have been a better match if this was Lestat in Queen of the damned.

Robtard
Now you've done it.

Mindset
Originally posted by FrothByte
Not really. Lestat, although he became one of the strongest vampires in modern day fiction, did have to start out as a young and weak vamp like all other new bloods. With that said, Interview with a vampire was either the first or 2nd book about Lestat's life and thus he was still fairly weak and young at this point.

Edward Cullen on the other hand was fairly consistent throughout all the books and movies and seemed to already be at the peak of his powers.

Tom Cruise's Lestat has more weaknesses than Edward Cullen. Would have been a better match if this was Lestat in Queen of the damned. Actually, book Lestat started out as one of the strongest Vamps. When he was "born" he was stronger than Armand who was around 200+ years old and also one of the strongest Vampires in the series. He was never weak in the books.

BruceSkywalker
LoL, queer.

lmao

laughing out loud

juggerman
Originally posted by Mindset
Actually, book Lestat started out as one of the strongest Vamps. When he was "born" he was stronger than Armand who was around 200+ years old and also one of the strongest Vampires in the series. He was never weak in the books.

Exactly. In the Anne Rice books the older/stronger the maker the stronger the new vamp. Lestat's maker was ridiculously old and powerful so Lestat started off as one of the most powerful vampires on Earth.

the ninjak
Edward still kills Cruise Lestat.

the ninjak
Edward still kills Cruise Lestat.

Both can read each others minds and blitz the battlefield with their speed.

But Twivamps have the durability and strength. Ricevamps could be decapitated with bladed knives and scythes.

Edward simply punches holes in Lestat.

juggerman
I don't remember the movie too well but i don't recall anything overly impressive Lestat did. In the books Lestat curbstomps but in the movies Edward anal rapes

Mindset
Originally posted by juggerman
I don't remember the movie too well but i don't recall anything overly impressive Lestat did. In the books Lestat curbstomps but in the movies Edward anal rapes Pretty much.

dadudemon

Tom Cruise's Lestat has more weaknesses than Edward Cullen. Would have been a better match if this was Lestat in Queen of the damned.

And that Tom Cruise version of Lestat lasted until "modern" times. In other words, hundreds of years old (300). Louis shows how fast a 200 year old vampire was in IWAV. The difference in speed between Cullen and Louis is the difference in speed between humans and Cullen.

Cullen takes the cake in strength, imo.

the ninjak
And that Tom Cruise version of Lestat lasted until "modern" times. In other words, hundreds of years old (300). Louis shows how fast a 200 year old vampire was in IWAV. The difference in speed between Cullen and Louis is the difference in speed between humans and Cullen.

Cullen takes the cake in strength, imo.

How fast did Louie move? Surely it wasn't as impressive as what the Twivamps did.

dadudemon
Originally posted by the ninjak
How fast did Louie move? Surely it wasn't as impressive as what the Twivamps did.

Looked like teleporting. Like...undeniable teleporting. No way to tell how fast without a stupidly slow slow-mo.

the ninjak
Looked like teleporting. Like...undeniable teleporting. No way to tell how fast without a stupidly slow slow-mo.

Lolz. Same could be said for a humans perception of what a Twivamp could do.

Any examples?

juggerman

Yeah he did look like he pulled a "Jumper" and according to the story Lestat would have been much much faster.

juggerman

Any examples?

Not really. It's looked like Bella only had slight difficulty following the Twilight vamps as they fought

EDIT: And played baseball...

dadudemon

Not really. We get to see how fast they move. There is only one instance where Edward appears to teleport in the movies...but others have argued that was simply an editing problem rather than an ability. Since it does not suit my point in this thread, I am pretending that it is an editing problem this time, around. big grin

Any examples?

Expand on this question to include the necessary bits.

juggerman
There is only one instance where Edward appears to teleport in the movies

When was this?

the ninjak
Not really. We get to see how fast they move. There is only one instance where Edward appears to teleport in the movies...but others have argued that was simply an editing problem rather than an ability. Since it does not suit my point in this thread, I am pretending that it is an editing problem this time, around. big grin

Expand on this question to include the necessary bits.

Well. We all know he sped around Christian Slater in the interview room to display his existence.
His feats of fighting the vamps with the scythe in was pretty unimpressive.
He showed human lunging speeds and killed a speed blitzer.
He couldn't focus on a weakened Lestat though when Claudia poisoned him. Which shows the level between Sire and Child.

But I can't remember any feat of Louie covering large ground in an instant whilst an event happened to gauge it.

juggerman
Well. We all know he sped around Christian Slater in the interview room to display his existence.
His feats of fighting the vamps with the scythe in was pretty unimpressive.
He showed human lunging speeds and killed a speed blitzer.
He couldn't focus on a weakened Lestat though when Claudia poisoned him. Which shows the level between Sire and Child.

But I can't remember any feat of Louie covering large ground in an instant whilst an event happened to gauge it.

Honestly don't recall the fight scenes but if he was fighting a vamp maybe we are to assume the fight is fast but since showing up a blur is no fun they show us it slowed down?

Please explain the "focusing on Lestat" part.

the ninjak
Honestly don't recall the fight scenes but if he was fighting a vamp maybe we are to assume the fight is fast but since showing up a blur is no fun they show us it slowed down?

Please explain the "focusing on Lestat" part.

When Claudia fed Lestat dead blood he weakened. Yet he still zipped around the room whilst Louie and Claudia crapped their pants.
I remember him playing the piano to mock them. But in the end he couldn't grab them.
All round their speed feats on film are limited and they don't use them constantly like they should.

Robtard

Any examples?

I had the unfortunate chance(the acting, it's just so poor) of watching about 20mins of Breaking Dawn PT1 last night. Edward was blitzing around the hotel room packing Bella's stuff(lol); while he was moving at superhuman speeds, he wasn't anywhere near as fast as Louis showed, which was so fast he appeared to be teleporting. This was when he showed and told the interviewer about his/vampire speed, ie "faster than the human eye can perceive".

the ninjak
I had the unfortunate chance(the acting, it's just so poor) of watching about 20mins of Breaking Dawn PT1 last night. Edward was blitzing around the hotel room packing Bella's stuff(lol); while he was moving at superhuman speeds, he wasn't anywhere near as fast as Louis showed, which was so fast he appeared to be teleporting. This was when he showed and told the interviewer about his/vampire speed, ie "faster than the human eye can perceive".

Moving from point A to B in Louie's instance isn't really doing something like packing a room.

Louie was able to tag Armand's favorite using a scythe with a slow moving sweep. Showing the extreme possibility the Ricevamps whilst moving at superspeed can only go from point A to B without doing precise actions like putting a puzzle together or packing a room, ect.

It's been years but I think this was briefly covered in the books. Speed blitzing to Ricevamps is almost like an instinctual dream.

It's why you never see high speed battles between Ricevamps.

Robtard
Moving from point A to B in Louie's instance isn't really doing something like packing a room.

Louie was able to tag Armand's favorite using a scythe with a slow moving sweep. Showing the extreme possibility the Ricevamps whilst moving at superspeed can only go from point A to B without doing precise actions like putting a puzzle together or packing a room, ect.

It's been years but I think this was briefly covered in the books. Speed blitzing to Ricevamps is almost like an instinctual dream.

Moving so fast you're invisible to the observer is considerably faster then moving so fast that you're still able to be seen.

Cos all the Anne Rice vampires have that teleport-like speed in some degree. Also, I'm pretty sure that was slowed camera work to let the audience know the vampires abilities.

If the battles in the Rice flicks where done where the audience doesn't see anything except an occasional flash here and there, it'd be boring. This isn't DBZ.

dadudemon

Oh, okay. I feel you, now.

Since this is the MvF, I have to concede to your perspective. If we could move this over to the AvF, then we'd have a much faster and stronger Edward fighting a much faster and stronger Lestat. smile

NemeBro
Not really. Lestat, although he became one of the strongest vampires in modern day fiction

Nope.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee224/Pyronftw/Slayersitting.jpg

Slayer>>>

the ninjak
Moving so fast you're invisible to the observer is considerably faster then moving so fast that you're still able to be seen.

Cos all the Anne Rice vampires have that teleport-like speed in some degree. Also, I'm pretty sure that was slowed camera work to let the audience know the vampires abilities.

If the battles in the Rice flicks where done where the audience doesn't see anything except an occasional flash here and there, it'd be boring. This isn't DBZ.

That's my point...in DBZ the fighters could punch and kick at superspeeds.

Twivamps and Ricevamps can't, but there is still a difference between the two.

Ricevamps can enter some kind of "fog/blur" that allows them to go from point A to B. But they can't do anything in between.
Twivamps have shown the ability to slow time and focus on selective activities whilst realizing that their feet are taking steps on the ground.

When Bella became a Twivamp she could focus on minuscule activities going on around her whilst she ran.
In the Anne Rice movies the vampires seems to fly through their surroundings. But needed to stop in order to fight. Kinda like how the vampires in Vampire Diaries fight. They launch behind their prey, then they stake em.

Ricevamps in the films show no ability to perceive time slowly. It's actually shown in both the books and the film that they perceive reality like a waking dream. Like when Louie became a vampire and saw the statue look at him.

Oh, okay. I feel you, now.

Since this is the MvF, I have to concede to your perspective. If we could move this over to the AvF, then we'd have a much faster and stronger Edward fighting a much faster and stronger Lestat. smile

AVF versions would be interesting. smile

I never read the Queen of the Damned novel though. Read the others though but it's been years.

juggerman
When Claudia fed Lestat dead blood he weakened. Yet he still zipped around the room whilst Louie and Claudia crapped their pants.
I remember him playing the piano to mock them. But in the end he couldn't grab them.
All round their speed feats on film are limited and they don't use them constantly like they should.

After they poisoned him they dumped his body thinking he was dead. Then later (i forget how much time passed) he came back and did all the stuff. He wasn't at full power but he was regaining his strength. But yeah he was stupid fast to being that appear to teleport while moving at less than full power. That's insane. His speed shits on Edwards.

the ninjak
After they poisoned him they dumped his body thinking he was dead. Then later (i forget how much time passed) he came back and did all the stuff. He wasn't at full power but he was regaining his strength. But yeah he was stupid fast to being that appear to teleport while moving at less than full power. That's insane. His speed shits on Edwards.

No. That's just the perception of a fresh vampire and an upstart. Moving through a room when compared to Bella's zipping through miles of forest and up a mountain to kill a climber isn't that impressive.

Robtard
That's my point...in DBZ the fighters could punch and kick at superspeeds.

Twivamps and Ricevamps can't, but there is still a difference between the two.

Ricevamps can enter some kind of "fog/blur" that allows them to go from point A to B. But they can't do anything in between.
Twivamps have shown the ability to slow time and focus on selective activities whilst realizing that their feet are taking steps on the ground.

When Bella became a Twivamp she could focus on minuscule activities going on around her whilst she ran.
In the Anne Rice movies the vampires seems to fly through their surroundings. But needed to stop in order to fight. Kinda like how the vampires in Vampire Diaries fight. They launch behind their prey, then they stake em.

Ricevamps in the films show no ability to perceive time slowly. It's actually shown in both the books and the film that they perceive reality like a waking dream. Like when Louie became a vampire and saw the statue look at him.

Going from the films, the Rice vampires have teleportation-like speed. Not sure where you're getting the "fog/blur" medium they enter to travel. Did I forget something from the film?

The statue scene was to illustrate to the audience that vampires perceive the world on a much higher sensational level than humans, some emo beauty crap thing.

juggerman
No. That's just the perception of a fresh vampire and an upstart. Moving through a room when compared to Bella's zipping through miles of forest and up a mountain to kill a climber isn't that impressive.

But we have two vampires that are ridiculously fast that can't even follow a severely weakened Lestat with their eyes in a small space. That's fast. Edward easily followed Bella and human Bella never had too much trouble following any vampire with her eyes

the ninjak
Going from the films, the Rice vampires have teleportation-like speed. Not sure where you're getting the "fog/blur" medium they enter to travel. Did I forget something from the film?

The statue scene was to illustrate to the audience that vampires perceive the world on a much higher sensational level than humans, some emo beauty crap thing.

Going off "The Vampire Lestat" novel and the feats in the film "Queen of the Damned", also the movement of Armand's vamps in IwtV.
You see them move like a blur. In Queen of the Damned random vamps fly whilst doing it.

In the end it was the director's intent to make em seem to teleport. It's what they do during it that matters. A Twivamp could pull off the same feat.

And I reckon Louie actually saw the statue move.

But we have two vampires that are ridiculously fast that can't even follow a severely weakened Lestat with their eyes in a small space. That's fast. Edward easily followed Bella and human Bella never had too much trouble following any vampire with her eyes

Louie and Claudia weren't that talented at the time. It's stated in the books that Lestat slowly taught them the tricks of the trade.
He wanted a family.

juggerman
Louie and Claudia weren't that talented at the time. It's stated in the books that Lestat slowly taught them the tricks of the trade.
He wanted a family.

Vampirs speed isn't something he could teach. They already had it in spades. He moved too fast for them to follow with their eyes in a small space. Any way you slice it that's impressive. And he did it while super weak. Edward is the fastest (or damn near) in his series yet no other vamp ever has any trouble tracking his movements. They just can't beat him in a foot race.

the ninjak
It just dawned on me that Lestat did do something fast on film besides just going from one point to another. And that was the scene where he played the violin in front of the gypsies in QotD.

Oh well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.