Red Lantern Superman vs Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

googol
RL Superman

vs

WWH

H2H only no superspeed, no BFR

SevenShackles
What benefits does red lantern superman get? Napalm breath and perminate blood lust correct?

pym-ftw
Hulk easily

ColossusGrundy
Supes beats hulk without the dang ring.

What good would it do to just amp Supes more?

PillarofOsiris
Which Superman? Has WWH done anything strength-wise that would make someone think he could win in a slugfest with someone who can bench press the earth for five days straight? Nevermind having the ring.

psycho gundam
hulk is the red lantern battery. real talk

pym-ftw
Originally posted by googol
H2H only no superspeed, no BFR
The Op

SevenShackles
Isn't hulks problem with superman the difference in speed more often than not? People can argue strength levels all day but normally it's his reaction speed and brawling speed that falls into question. The 'fighting smart' thing most apply to super mans favor is now in hulks given he is all rage gladiatorial king and superman is rabid. Along with his monster HF and potential at that point it's heavy in his favor to me.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Isn't hulks problem with superman the difference in speed more often than not? People can argue strength levels all day but normally it's his reaction speed and brawling speed that falls into question. The 'fighting smart' thing most apply to super mans favor is now in hulks given he is all rage gladiatorial king and superman is rabid. Along with his monster HF and potential at that point it's heavy in his favor to me.

This. You've taken away Superman's biggest advantages - his speed, his BFR, and his battle smarts.

Hulk wins.

-Pr-
Superman has been basically made unkillable in this thread, so I'm not sure Hulk can beat him.

DarkSaint85
Haven't Red Lanterns been killed before?

ThereIsHope
But does Hulk have the tools to kill a red lantern?

carver9
KO should suffice and I can't remember the last time current Hulk has been koed outside of fighting a Doombot. I don't even know if its possible to knock this guy out.

DarkSaint85
I'd say so, especially if he was fighting smart. He could always try ripping the ring off.

KO won't work on a Red Lantern....

-Pr-
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Haven't Red Lanterns been killed before?

Not without affecting the ring, that I can recall.

ThereIsHope
Wont Hulk lose due to the fact that he's filled with rage? And the red rings, make the wearer strong when facing a person with rage? It feeds the attack, and the attacked is even more vunrable. How long can the Hulk take the red lanterns heat if its so hot it can burn in space?

DarkSaint85
Nah, burning in space ain't that great a feat; Hulk has also tanked being surrounded by lava, before he got angry over Caiera's death.

Don't think the opponents' rage would strengthen the wearer; if anything, the ring could fly off Superman's hand and go onto Hulk's instead.

carver9
Nah, burning in space ain't that great a feat; Hulk has also tanked being surrounded by lava, before he got angry over Caiera's death.

Don't think the opponents' rage would strengthen the wearer; if anything, the ring could fly off Superman's hand and go onto Hulk's instead.

This guy knows what he is talking about.

Slaanesh
i don't think the red ring would give Supes so much amp cuz he doesn't really have much rage in him..but the red ring does give him the ability to endure much more punishment..so i will give this to Supes..

Estacado
Also he get's a healing factor with it...

DarkSaint85
But no superspeed, and he has to fight without his intelligence, like a roaring rage monster. Any strength gains is negated by Hulk's amping, so:

Strength = equal
Speed = equal
Tactics/intelligence = Hulk, unless Red Supes is like Atrocitus - unlikely though, as most RLs we've seen lose their intelligence.
Healing Factor = Hulk (I haven't seen an Lantern HFs on par with what WWH did when fighting Zom-Strange)
Durability = Superman
Abilities = Superman IF he is like Rankorr and can create constructs, or like Atrocitus. Otherwise, slight edge to Superman with his plasma vom.

In my opinion, the durability and slight edge Superman has in projection does not outweigh Hulk's fighting intelligence. It will be a brutal stalemate until he rips his hand off.

Zack Fair
I think Superman will eventually manage to control the rage.

However I don't know if he can do it in time to take the win.

Estacado
But no superspeed, and he has to fight without his intelligence, like a roaring rage monster. Any strength gains is negated by Hulk's amping, so:

Strength = equal
Speed = equal
Tactics/intelligence = Hulk, unless Red Supes is like Atrocitus - unlikely though, as most RLs we've seen lose their intelligence.
Healing Factor = Hulk (I haven't seen an Lantern HFs on par with what WWH did when fighting Zom-Strange)
Durability = Superman
Abilities = Superman IF he is like Rankorr and can create constructs, or like Atrocitus. Otherwise, slight edge to Superman with his plasma vom.

In my opinion, the durability and slight edge Superman has in projection does not outweigh Hulk's fighting intelligence. It will be a brutal stalemate until he rips his hand off.
Meh Rankorr retained most of his intelligence....and he is just a norm human...

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Estacado
Meh Rankorr retained most of his intelligence....and he is just a norm human... Yeah. He did manage to suppress his rage for quite a while. It only got over him whenever he saw that one dude that mugged his grandfather and the cops that beat the shit out of his bro.

DarkSaint85
Yet Guy, John, Hal etc weren't able to...

Although saying that, Superman is pretty good at controlling his rage.

Even if he could, though, I doubt its going to be a deciding factor.

-Pr-
I thought Rankorr was a special case.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by -Pr-
I thought Rankorr was a special case. Maybe I missed something, but why? Don't recall anything making him that special...well besides him using constructs and such.

DarkSaint85
Because he was the first human Red Lantern specifically chosen? Or something like that?

Zack Fair
Could be. Now I'm sure something like that will be explained. Given how humans are pretty much godlike in all fiction.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Maybe I missed something, but why? Don't recall anything making him that special...well besides him using constructs and such.

the constructs were part of it, and him retaining his intelligence, which red lanterns aren't supposed to do iirc.

pym-ftw
H2H only
So vomit or constructs can't be used anyway.

DarkSaint85
Strength = equal
Speed = equal
Durability = Superman
Abilities = Equal

So Hulk wins, even more so now in my head.

googol
Originally posted by SevenShackles
What benefits does red lantern superman get? Napalm breath and perminate blood lust correct? he gets, Evil Raging "Kill Mode" permanent superman

googol

DarkSaint85
The RLs never seemed that tactically aware - even when he was bloodlusted (like against Diana in Sacrifice), he still had the tactical nous to carry 'Doomsday' to the Sun, then slam 'him' back to Earth.

Whereas RLs just punch and roar and vomit over everything. Not that it won't work, normally, but remember what happened when a berserk Surfer surprised Hulk with his ferocity? Hulk was stunned, regrouped, then smashed him.

googol
The RLs never seemed that tactically aware - even when he was bloodlusted (like against Diana in Sacrifice), he still had the tactical nous to carry 'Doomsday' to the Sun, then slam 'him' back to Earth.

Whereas RLs just punch and roar and vomit over everything. Not that it won't work, normally, but remember what happened when a berserk Surfer surprised Hulk with his ferocity? Hulk was stunned, regrouped, then smashed him. a Blood lusted Superman will rip hulks head off

DarkSaint85
a Blood lusted Superman will rip hulks head off

Without superspeed, he can try before Hulk thunderclaps his ears.

Slaanesh
this is H2H only..there's no need for intelligent or tactic here..if it's regular Supes..any normal person would give Hulk the win..but with a red ring..he's more bloodlust and can tank more attack than usual..it's just a punching contest..Supes will outlast Hulk..

DarkSaint85
At least, fighting smart (whilst not 'nerve pinching' Superman, at least a version of Supes that won't just go in flailing.

ThereIsHope
I dont think that lava is as impressive as the red napalm that the red lanterns use. Plus the hulks rage is just gonna make the ring stronger.

DarkSaint85
You'll have to prove it.....on both counts.

1. Red Lantern blood is hotter than lava
2. Your opponent's anger strengthens your own ring if you're a Red Lantern.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by ThereIsHope
I dont think that lava is as impressive as the red napalm that the red lanterns use. Plus the hulks rage is just gonna make the ring stronger.
Don't make me post the Op again
mad

laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by pym-ftw
mad

laughing out loud

Then there's that.

bluewaterrider
You don't think Superman would just crush Hulk with the muscles of his mighty, Earth-pressing Kryptonian chest?

confused

DarkSaint85
Nope.

ThereIsHope
Originally posted by pym-ftw
mad

laughing out loud

Your OP is moronic, sounds like your trying to make it as easy for hulk to win.

DarkSaint85
Considering googol (the OP) himself thinks Superman wins, I doubt that.

h1a8
didn't sentry make hulk burn out or lose energy faster than he can gain?
Superman with the ring should do worst right?
Didn't Zeus beat the crap out of Hulk?

DarkSaint85
He did, but he also got burnt out - and tbh, I'm not sure the red rings are as 'bottomless' as the Sentry.

So if they BOTH burn out (like the Sentry/WWH fight), then Superman would die, as his blood etc would have been replaced by the plasma.

If, as you say, Superman lasts longer than the Sentry did (which is plausible, as the Sentry was expunging energy all over the place), then he could last long enough to drop Hulk.

But then, you could argue that Hulk's rage and energy would be taxed less, as it would have to cope with less than what the Sentry was outputting.

Either way, going the Sentry route isn't looking good for Superman. Especially as Hulk would just ramp back up again, ready for more.

As for Zeus, ignoring the sacrifice he was making, he wasn't as angry as he was in WWH - remember, he was still fresh from believing the Illuminati had bombed his planet, wife and child.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
didn't sentry make hulk burn out or lose energy faster than he can gain?
Superman with the ring should do worst right?
Didn't Zeus beat the crap out of Hulk?

Sentry used more than his fist against Hulk.

Zeus used more than his fist against Hulk and Zeus is something Superman isn't, a freaking Skyfather.

If this is current Superman, Hulk kills him easily (come at me ABHI). If this is pre reboot, Superman still loses but goes down fighting.

ThereIsHope
This is a spite thread in desguise.

ODG
He did, but he also got burnt out - and tbh, I'm not sure the red rings are as 'bottomless' as the Sentry.

So if they BOTH burn out (like the Sentry/WWH fight), then Superman would die, as his blood etc would have been replaced by the plasma.

If, as you say, Superman lasts longer than the Sentry did (which is plausible, as the Sentry was expunging energy all over the place), then he could last long enough to drop Hulk.

But then, you could argue that Hulk's rage and energy would be taxed less, as it would have to cope with less than what the Sentry was outputting.

Either way, going the Sentry route isn't looking good for Superman. Especially as Hulk would just ramp back up again, ready for more.

As for Zeus, ignoring the sacrifice he was making, he wasn't as angry as he was in WWH - remember, he was still fresh from believing the Illuminati had bombed his planet, wife and child. thumb up

Midnighter's beaten 2 Red Lanterns in H2H. The most impressive Red Lantern outside of including Atrocitus was Guy Gardner. Superman's no Guy Gardner.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by ODG
thumb up

Midnighter's beaten 2 Red Lanterns in H2H. The most impressive Red Lantern outside of including Atrocitus was Guy Gardner. Superman's no Guy Gardner. You're right he isn't.

http://wtfdccomics.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/ice-superman-2.jpg

D-Block
You're right he isn't.

http://wtfdccomics.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/ice-superman-2.jpg laughing

quanchi112
Hulk wins.

Golgo13
Superman has been basically made unkillable in this thread, so I'm not sure Hulk can beat him.

Just like Guy was when he got the Red ring. wink

PillarofOsiris
Quan and Carver are on the same side. Meaning, anyone who agrees with them needs to reconsider their position. Superman's strength, AT THE VERY LEAST is equal to Hulk's. What exactly was WORLD WAR HULK's best strength feat, shaking the eastern seaboard of one continent of a planet? Current Superman has benched the entire earth for 5 days. Pre Reboot lifted infinite weight. Either one WITH THE ADDED SHIELDS of a red lantern ring, makes this a spite thread in favor of Superman.

quanchi112
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Quan and Carver are on the same side. Meaning, anyone who agrees with them needs to reconsider their position. Superman's strength, AT THE VERY LEAST is equal to Hulk's. What exactly was WORLD WAR HULK's best strength feat, shaking the eastern seaboard of one continent of a planet? Current Superman has benched the entire earth for 5 days. Pre Reboot lifted infinite weight. Either one WITH THE ADDED SHIELDS of a red lantern ring, makes this a spite thread in favor of Superman. Feats aren't the only dicator. Peer by peer comparisons also matter and Hulk is more impressive. Cling to that feat all you want the Hulk still wins.

Golgo13
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Quan and Carver are on the same side. Meaning, anyone who agrees with them needs to reconsider their position. Superman's strength, AT THE VERY LEAST is equal to Hulk's. What exactly was WORLD WAR HULK's best strength feat, shaking the eastern seaboard of one continent of a planet? Current Superman has benched the entire earth for 5 days. Pre Reboot lifted infinite weight. Either one WITH THE ADDED SHIELDS of a red lantern ring, makes this a spite thread in favor of Superman.

Those aren't Superman's only strength feats that are high end, either. Give Superman a Red ring and he cleans house. I was hoping for DCnU Superman to be weaker, but it looks like he may be even more formidable.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Golgo13
Those aren't Superman's only strength feats that are high end, either. Give Superman a Red ring and he cleans house. I was hoping for DCnU Superman to be weaker, but it looks like he may be even more formidable. If anything he's weaker than pre boot Superman. Doesn't seem very formidable in the jla books not like the pre reboot Superman was.

pym-ftw
Your OP is moronic, sounds like your trying to make it as easy for hulk to win.
I'm not the Op

But I guess that proves you didn't read it

ThereIsHope
I have read it. No superspeed, only h2h, no bfr. So whats the point of giving him a ring. If he cant use its powers? Its just a slug fest.

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
If anything he's weaker than pre boot Superman. Doesn't seem very formidable in the jla books not like the pre reboot Superman was.

Pre Reboot Superman is more powerful. One showing from this version of Superman doesn't put him on reboot Superman level...especially looking at his fights lately. That's like me saying grey Hulk is stronger than Wonder Woman since he destroyed an object twice the size of Earth.

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by carver9
KO should suffice and I can't remember the last time current Hulk has been koed outside of fighting a Doombot. I don't even know if its possible to knock this guy out.

Colossus, Tyranus and a few others have KO'd Hulk at one time or another.

Supes is WAY above that level.

ColossusGrundy
Feats aren't the only dicator. Peer by peer comparisons also matter and Hulk is more impressive. Cling to that feat all you want the Hulk still wins.

How do you figure other than the pure power of denial?

carver9
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Colossus, Tyranus and a few others have KO'd Hulk at one time or another.

Supes is WAY above that level.

Trust me...you don't want to go there with low showings. Like I've stated before, CURRENT HULK has not been koed outside of a Doombot.

Branlor Swift
Trust me...you don't want to go there with low showings. Like I've stated before, CURRENT HULK has not been koed outside of a Doombot. Doombot?

Is that supposed to make it better even if it was a Doombot?

carver9
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Doombot?

Is that supposed to make it better even if it was a Doombot?

No. I just threw that out there because I knew it would come to the surface.

SevenShackles
H2H ,no BFR, little too no use of normal collected battle skills and tactics on super-man's side thanks to the ring, smart gladiator hulk bursting with gamma and focus (alot more than Clark) also I just noticed it OP said no super speed. Sooo no speed blitz for hulk. Not sure how that translates into battle speed but it factors in.

Not sure where vomit fire factors in or gamma healing factors but this seems in hulks favor to me.

quanchi112
Pre Reboot Superman is more powerful. One showing from this version of Superman doesn't put him on reboot Superman level...especially looking at his fights lately. That's like me saying grey Hulk is stronger than Wonder Woman since he destroyed an object twice the size of Earth. Good point. No one in their right mind would say that Hulk is greater than WW Hulk. Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
How do you figure other than the pure power of denial? You're the same guy who said Kalibak beats Thanos. You don't have the knowledge to know any better. Next time weigh in when more familiar with the characters.

ColossusGrundy
Good point. No one in their right mind would say that Hulk is greater than WW Hulk. You're the same guy who said Kalibak beats Thanos. You don't have the knowledge to know any better. Next time weigh in when more familiar with the characters.

THat was more for fun than anything.

I'm not hte one with a fricking huge AUTO SELECT button for marvel chars.

Supes has been shown countless times to have been holding back in fights over the years, with a red lantern ring fueling his rage he would rip Hulk's head OFF before Hulk got the chance to amp.

quanchi112

Supes has been shown countless times to have been holding back in fights over the years, with a red lantern ring fueling his rage he would rip Hulk's head OFF before Hulk got the chance to amp. Hulk has held back his entire life save heart of the monster. The guy is on a completely different level than Superman. Superman didn't hold back against WW in 219 and she took his sun amped punch and still recovered.

carver9

Supes has been shown countless times to have been holding back in fights over the years, with a red lantern ring fueling his rage he would rip Hulk's head OFF before Hulk got the chance to amp.

laughing out loud

laughing out loud

laughing out loud

ColossusGrundy
Hulk has held back his entire life save heart of the monster. The guy is on a completely different level than Superman. Superman didn't hold back against WW in 219 and she took his sun amped punch and still recovered.

Now........ How does a hero FUELED by rage be labeled as "holding back his entire life".

That is the most B.S. statement I've ever seen on Hulk.

ColossusGrundy
laughing out loud

laughing out loud

laughing out loud

disprove it.

You're the one that has said Hulk could be damaged, but his healing factor was epic.

You disagree with this and you disagree with yourself.

Or has your Hulk b.s. caught up with you?

quanchi112
Now........ How does a hero FUELED by rage be labeled as "holding back his entire life".

That is the most B.S. statement I've ever seen on Hulk. It's canon. He always held back. You don't want to accept it but you have to because wait for it. wait for it....................canon.

ColossusGrundy
It's canon. He always held back. You don't want to accept it but you have to because wait for it. wait for it....................canon.

Calling it "canon" doesn't make it true.

Show me where Hulk has said internally or aloud "I better hold back so I don't hurt ________"

it usually goes

"HULK SMASH" or "RAAARRR"

which is usually accompanied by a narrator's box re-explaining how his power goes up with rage.

hmm...

kinda puts your argument in the toilet, doesn't it?

quanchi112
Calling it "canon" doesn't make it true.

Show me where Hulk has said internally or aloud "I better hold back so I don't hurt ________"

it usually goes

"HULK SMASH" or "RAAARRR"

which is usually accompanied by a narrator's box re-explaining how his power goes up with rage.

hmm...

kinda puts your argument in the toilet, doesn't it? The writer made it canon that he never went truly all out until that moment. That was when he finally let it all out. Canon.

ColossusGrundy
The writer made it canon that he never went truly all out until that moment. That was when he finally let it all out. Canon.

What moment?

THe same moment in EVERY Hulk comic where he gets just a wee bit madder?

You're disproving your argument.

and ya know... as a final statement.

You and Carver (nothing personal, I like the site and you guys entertain me), have SO MUCH Hulk b.s. that you've spewed on this site, that you can't keep up with it all.

You're even disagreeing with yourselves and the nature of the character to try and win a thread.

Zack Fair
It is more like Marvel bias, but DC has abhil and Golgo to make up for that.

However the power level of stubborness of Quan and Carv is over 9000.

carver9
It is more like Marvel bias, but DC has abhil and Golgo to make up for that.

However the power level of stubborness of Quan and Carv is over 9000.

I admit when Hulk doesn't win and I accept all showings. Don't know why you are saying this.

Zack Fair
Yeah you have. Quan is the Thanos to your Hulk. I don't think I've ever seen Quan concede a point or admit when he is wrong.

ThereIsHope
You have to be smart to concede. How is it that he's still allowed in here?

ThereIsHope
I swear to god. He is probably not even a comic book fan. He just loves to ruin comic book debates.

DarkSaint85

Superspeed has been turned off.

Hulk wins - and I think I can hardly be said to have a bias one way or the other.

bluewaterrider

One showing from this version of Superman doesn't put him on reboot Superman level...especially looking at his fights lately. That's like me saying grey Hulk is stronger than Wonder Woman since he destroyed an object twice the size of Earth.

That asteroid was TWICE the size of the Earth! sad

Not once.

No! Not once!

Twice. sad

That's like ...
confused double ...
confused or something ...

DarkSaint85
...were you trying to insinuate he used the wrong word, given the context?

Because 'twice' is perfectly applicable in that sense, too.

psycho gundam

That is the most B.S. statement I've ever seen on Hulk. banner.

Kmc convinced me that wwh is actually an intelligence test in disguise

DarkSaint85
A good example is his fight with Wolverine.

Bentley
Yeah you have. Quan is the Thanos to your Hulk. I don't think I've ever seen Quan concede a point or admit when he is wrong.

I think I've seen him change his mind to revisit a point so Thanos is put into a better light.

psycho gundam
The best is quan still standing by his 10-8 thanos judgment vs odin.

abhilegend
Originally posted by psycho gundam
The best is quan still standing by his 10-8 thanos judgment vs odin.
No, the best would be him ready to fight giant ants in Odin vs Void thread. That's pure comedy gold.

h1a8
Superspeed has been turned off.

Hulk wins - and I think I can hardly be said to have a bias one way or the other.

Sentry exhausted Hulk's power faster than Hulk can gain and thus causing Hulk to burn out.

Is it not probable that Superman is strong enough to beat down the Hulk faster than it can gain, causing it to burn out or simply be koed?

Diesldude
Superman is stronger than any version of hulk, he doesn't need superspeed, flight, HV, Super Breath non of that. Just his super fists, the only chance the hulk had was Superman feeling sorry for giving him a beat down that his mental blocks take over and allow the hulk to do some damage. But thats not the case here because of the red ring. The advantages of red ring:
1- The rage will remove any mental blocks superman will have. This will put him near OWAW superman without the sundip. That should suffice to defeat hulk.

2-The red ring can create force fields that will make it difficult to get superman. If somehow hulk is able to break them, the remaining power in his punches will not be enough to harm superman. So you have almost kryptonian^Kryptonian level invulnerability.

3- the red ring will amp superman's punches with concussive force. That's (superman level punches xWW level punches) and he 1-2 shots the hulk.

Combine all of these together, a superman operating at OWAW levels with no mental blocks, with shields and amped punches. This is spite. Hulk loses big time.

carver9
Sentry exhausted Hulk's power faster than Hulk can gain and thus causing Hulk to burn out.

Is it not probable that Superman is strong enough to beat down the Hulk faster than it can gain, causing it to burn out or simply be koed?

The proof is on you to show scans of Hulk burning out only from physical might. The guy fought Zeus and didn't revert back not once during that fight. Hull stomps.

h1a8
The proof is on you to show scans of Hulk burning out only from physical might. The guy fought Zeus and didn't revert back not once during that fight. Hull stomps. WWH burned out not only because of being hit but of him punching as well. It probably takes more energy for Hulk to throw a massive punch than to withstand one. In his fight with Zeus, Hulk only threw a couple of punches. But in the fight with Sentry Hulk threw a lot of punches and took a lot of punches.

We all know that if you bypass Hulk's durability faster than he can heal then you can ko him. Hulk has been koed plenty of times in comics (even by Zeus).

carver9
WWH burned out not only because of being hit but of him punching as well. It probably takes more energy for Hulk to throw a massive punch than to withstand one. In his fight with Zeus, Hulk only threw a couple of punches. But in the fight with Sentry Hulk threw a lot of punches and took a lot of punches.

We all know that if you bypass Hulk's durability faster than he can heal then you can ko him. Hulk has been koed plenty of times in comics (even by Zeus).

Sentry punched Hulk one time during that fight, the rest was energy attacks. Then let's not forget Hulk was also in the heart of a freaking tornado full of energy that the fantastic four stated as being Sentry using his power of a million exploding suns. Superman doesn't have that luxury here bro. Now again, show us Hulk reverting FROM SOMEONE PUNCHING HIM.

Diesldude
Originally posted by Diesldude
Superman is stronger than any version of hulk, he doesn't need superspeed, flight, HV, Super Breath non of that. Just his super fists, the only chance the hulk had was Superman feeling sorry for giving him a beat down that his mental blocks take over and allow the hulk to do some damage. But thats not the case here because of the red ring. The advantages of red ring:
1- The rage will remove any mental blocks superman will have. This will put him near OWAW superman without the sundip. That should suffice to defeat hulk.

2-The red ring can create force fields that will make it difficult to get superman. If somehow hulk is able to break them, the remaining power in his punches will not be enough to harm superman. So you have almost kryptonian^Kryptonian level invulnerability.

3- the red ring will amp superman's punches with concussive force. That's (superman level punches xWW level punches) and he 1-2 shots the hulk.

Combine all of these together, a superman operating at OWAW levels with no mental blocks, with shields and amped punches. This is spite. Hulk loses big time. bump for carver... Any chance you can dispute the above?

ThereIsHope
I dont find the sentry's abilities in that fight that impressive. Someone who is suppose to be so powerful cant even take out the hulk. Im not wow'd

Zack Fair
WWH was such a shitfest. facepalm

carver9
I dont find the sentry's abilities in that fight that impressive. Someone who is suppose to be so powerful cant even take out the hulk. Im not wow'd

Kind of reminds you of Onslaught or Galaxy Master huh? Maybe people just underestimate Hulk but give other fighters like Doomsday and Despero love. What do you think?

Diesldude
All this don't mean squat, superman wins, this is spite for the obvious reasons already stated.

Branlor Swift
Kind of reminds you of Onslaught or Galaxy Master huh? Maybe people just underestimate Hulk but give other fighters like Doomsday and Despero love. What do you think? Isn't it obvious Carv?

They need a character like Hulk to beat Superman in comics.

Superman fans love Hulk ripoffs the same way you love Superman ripoffs.

Although Hulk ripoffs > Superman, but Hulk himself > ripoffs... so naturally, Hulk > Hulk ripoffs > Superman = Superman ripoffs.

Wacky.

ThereIsHope
I dont think that Doomsday is like Hulk, or is he? He doesnt really do much of anything anymore does he? Doomsday I mean.

Branlor Swift
I dont think that Doomsday is like Hulk, or is he? He doesnt really do much of anything anymore does he? Doomsday I mean. He jumps, he rages, he punches things.

He appeared in the Krypton arc, and in the "haha, let's clone Doomsday!" arc recently. Not in the new universe yet.

carver9
Isn't it obvious Carv?

They need a character like Hulk to beat Superman in comics.

Superman fans love Hulk ripoffs the same way you love Superman ripoffs.

Although Hulk ripoffs > Superman, but Hulk himself > ripoffs... so naturally, Hulk > Hulk ripoffs > Superman = Superman ripoffs.

Wacky.

Dang. embarrasment

carver9
He jumps, he rages, he punches things.

He appeared in the Krypton arc, and in the "haha, let's clone Doomsday!" arc recently. Not in the new universe yet.

He also have that "the madder you get the stronger you get" thing going on. Doomsday IS Hulk. Aaaahhhh, I almost forgot...both have adaptation abilities.

ThereIsHope
So Hulk has super fast adaptations like Doomsday?

Zack Fair
He has them, but not Hunter Prey level.

carver9
So Hulk has super fast adaptations like Doomsday?

Not as advanced as Doomsdays but yes, he have it.

psycho gundam
WWH burned out not only because of being hit but of him punching as well. It probably takes more energy for Hulk to throw a massive punch than to withstand one. In his fight with Zeus, Hulk only threw a couple of punches. But in the fight with Sentry Hulk threw a lot of punches and took a lot of punches.

We all know that if you bypass Hulk's durability faster than he can heal then you can ko him. Hulk has been koed plenty of times in comics (even by Zeus). .....then hulk is at his most powerful pages later prior to making a guy legitimately overuse his energy in a fight, a guy who's energies can pacify hulk's rage.

hmmmm

Golgo13
Hmmm...

Superman stomps.

Branlor Swift
.....then hulk is at his most powerful pages later prior to making a guy legitimately overuse his energy in a fight, a guy who's energies can pacify hulk's rage.

hmmmm "Hulk has been koed plenty of times in comics (even by Zeus)."

EVEN BY ZEUS LOL PUSSY

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Golgo13
Hmmm...

Superman stomps. http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/jysk_zpsc13def89.gif
"Hulk has been koed plenty of times in comics (even by Zeus)."

EVEN BY ZEUS LOL PUSSY i know right. jesus christ.

i understand not liking a character, but these guys are just dumb about it and they come in hordes to show it off proudly

Zack Fair
Lol even by Zeus.

Zeus the pussy.

Hulk
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/003/866/nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif

psycho gundam
AND it wasn't totally legit

ThereIsHope
Yay, funny picture. So who wins. Wont the red ring just make Supes stronger? Like I said the OP is weird.

DTM
Well, Id give normal Superman the win over Hulk, and I do like Hulk, so an Amped Superman would to do much more than not, IMO.

quanchi112
How do you figure other than the pure power of denial? Superman doesn't look any superior to his peers than he used to. In the jla book he goes down frequently.

I swear to god. He is probably not even a comic book fan. He just loves to ruin comic book debates. You cry a lot. Originally posted by Zack Fair
WWH was such a shitfest. facepalm No, it wasn't.Originally posted by ThereIsHope
I dont find the sentry's abilities in that fight that impressive. Someone who is suppose to be so powerful cant even take out the hulk. Im not wow'd You must have not read WW Hulk then. Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
What moment?

THe same moment in EVERY Hulk comic where he gets just a wee bit madder?

You're disproving your argument.

and ya know... as a final statement.

You and Carver (nothing personal, I like the site and you guys entertain me), have SO MUCH Hulk b.s. that you've spewed on this site, that you can't keep up with it all.

You're even disagreeing with yourselves and the nature of the character to try and win a thread. It's canon. I could care less about your personal feelings on the matter. That's Hulk completely unrestrained. Whole other level. Don't be jelly.

Zack Fair
Yes WWH was shit, but its gold when compared to the shitty events Marvel forces down our throats now.

quanchi112
Yes WWH was shit, but its gold when compared to the shitty events Marvel forces down our throats now. It's subjective. To me shit is war of the supermen. That was pure crap. WW Hulk was pretty good.

-Pr-
Both were crap.

ColossusGrundy
Superman doesn't look any superior to his peers than he used to. In the jla book he goes down frequently.

You cry a lot. No, it wasn't. You must have not read WW Hulk then. It's canon. I could care less about your personal feelings on the matter. That's Hulk completely unrestrained. Whole other level. Don't be jelly.

Has nothing to do with personal feelings and a lot to do with makin up stuff to appear to be right. Yer terrible at it.

-Pr-
Superman doesn't look any superior to his peers than he used to. In the jla book he goes down frequently.

You cry a lot. No, it wasn't. You must have not read WW Hulk then. It's canon. I could care less about your personal feelings on the matter. That's Hulk completely unrestrained. Whole other level. Don't be jelly.

lol. Superman, both post and pre reboot, has been shown to be above his peers when needed. Come on Quan.

Diesldude
lol. Superman, both post and pre reboot, has been shown to be above his peers when needed. Come on Quan. when needed superman is above everyone in comics.

Bentley
It's subjective. To me shit is war of the supermen. That was pure crap. WW Hulk was pretty good.

Planet Hulk was good, WWH was mediocre at best.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Diesldude
when needed superman is above everyone in comics.

Yup.

Originally posted by Bentley
Planet Hulk was good, WWH was mediocre at best.

That was why it was so disappointing, imo. The difference in quality is staggering at times.

zeel
Hulk lost this before the thread started. erm

psycho gundam
^ I see what you did there, even if that wasn't your intent

I know the belly ache over wwh is just from injesting too much shoe leather after seeing hulk cream at least two of their favorite heroes with ease, cause a lot of people read it and there are dedefinitely a lot of worse arcs he starred in.

Recognizing that wwh was just a compilation of all the other times he's handed team's their asses at lower power levels, and that it was a quest of revenge thathe couldn't fallow throuugh with cause he didn't really want to kill cause he himself was limiting his power, you'll be fine smile

It's not supposed to be Shakespeare

ThereIsHope
Yup.

That was why it was so disappointing, imo. The difference in quality is staggering at times.

I think i have good taste in comics. I can give you a list if you think my tastes sucks mad

But I actually liked The main WWH comic, and X-men WWH mini. But only cause there was alot of fighting. Other then that it was nothing wow about it.

-Pr-
I think i have good taste in comics. I can give you a list if you think my tastes sucks mad

But I actually liked The main WWH comic, and X-men WWH mini. But only cause there was alot of fighting. Other then that it was nothing wow about it.

As an X-Men fan, I hated that damn mini.

I'll admit that some of the scenes in the book were good; I was just expecting so much more from it.

psycho gundam
Told you so. All the hate filled speech smells of penny loafer

-Pr-
Told you so. All the hate filled speech smells of penny loafer

Leather?

psycho gundam
yes, and lots of it

-Pr-
Okay... I guess that makes sense...

quanchi112
lol. Superman, both post and pre reboot, has been shown to be above his peers when needed. Come on Quan. He's also been shown to be their equals as well. Hulk going all out doesn't feel top tier punches. Superman has been downed before by characters weaker than himself while going all out. Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Has nothing to do with personal feelings and a lot to do with makin up stuff to appear to be right. Yer terrible at it. You acknowledged what i said to be true. You said you basically hate it. Tell me what I made up.

Originally posted by Bentley
Planet Hulk was good, WWH was mediocre at best. That's your opinion which is a bit off. You're a Kang fan for crying out loud.

ThereIsHope
Superman wins.

curryman

That's your opinion which is a bit off. You're a Kang fan for crying out loud.

And Kang Earth was so much better than WWH that it's not even funny smile

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by curryman
And Kang Earth was so much better than WWH that it's not even funny smile

WWH was crap, and some chars didn't even fight in character.

But, was better than the last Crisis. Sick f the whole infinite earth thing.

quanchi112
And Kang Earth was so much better than WWH that it's not even funny smile What sold better ? LOL. Your opinion is just your opinion. Money talks, sport.

ThereIsHope
The story is what counts, not what sold.

quanchi112
The story is what counts, not what sold. That's subjective. The companies produce the stories to make money. Money talks. Hulk wins again.

curryman
That's subjective. The companies produce the stories to make money. Money talks. Hulk wins again.

If money spoke then it would probably laugh at you.

WWH are just examples of money that make Marvel money in the short-term and then end up hurting them in the long run.

quanchi112
If money spoke then it would probably laugh at you.

WWH are just examples of money that make Marvel money in the short-term and then end up hurting them in the long run. Making money on a story is the goal. How can making money hurt a company whose goal is to make money ? You make no sense.

curryman
Making money on a story is the goal. How can making money hurt a company whose goal is to make money ? You make no sense.

Cause it makes it harder to make money later on, obviously.

They don't need to make money one month. They need to make money the next 20 years.

They didn't pull in new readers, nor did they up their sales, because other books suffered when WWH was out. So they killed a few ongoing titles by directing the reader-flow to a temporary title.

The more concise, more varied and arguably easier accessible titles died (Such as MI6 and Immortal Iron Fist) and it only led into more failed WWH-ventures. The follow-ups made little money and added only more nonsense to an already convoluted universe.

Discouraging new readers. And to add onto that WWH was butchered by a lot of critics turning away even more new readers.

Kang Earth, or Dynasty as it's actually called helped revitalize Avengers in the early 2000s. It brought some sales to a book that needed it , was written by a competent writer (Kurt Busiek) and went down as a classic.

quanchi112
Cause it makes it harder to make money later on, obviously.

They don't need to make money one month. They need to make money the next 20 years.

They didn't pull in new readers, nor did they up their sales, because other books suffered when WWH was out. So they killed a few ongoing titles by directing the reader-flow to a temporary title.

The more concise, more varied and arguably easier accessible titles died (Such as MI6 and Immortal Iron Fist) and it only led into more failed WWH-ventures. The follow-ups made little money and added only more nonsense to an already convoluted universe.

Discouraging new readers. And to add onto that WWH was butchered by a lot of critics turning away even more new readers.

Kang Earth, or Dynasty as it's actually called helped revitalize Avengers in the early 2000s. It brought some sales to a book that needed it , was written by a competent writer (Kurt Busiek) and went down as a classic. They did pull in readers since they made money. How that story is doesn't have any reflection on what Hulk's stories will be like for the next 20 years. The point is that story made a profit which means mission accomplished.

WW Hulk is a classic. You're acting like your opinion is a fact. It's subjective but guess what isn't. Money. WW Hulk did it's job. Great read and it made money. Make mine marvel.

curryman
They did pull in readers since they made money. How that story is doesn't have any reflection on what Hulk's stories will be like for the next 20 years. The point is that story made a profit which means mission accomplished.

WW Hulk is a classic. You're acting like your opinion is a fact. It's subjective but guess what isn't. Money. WW Hulk did it's job. Great read and it made money. Make mine marvel.

Pulling readers away from other Marvel titles is not making money.

It's moving money around.

It didn't earn them new readers. It moved readers away from ongoing titles to short-lived ones.

How is that making money?

ColossusGrundy
They did pull in readers since they made money. How that story is doesn't have any reflection on what Hulk's stories will be like for the next 20 years. The point is that story made a profit which means mission accomplished.

The words "WW Hulk is a classic" void everything you ever say about comics again.

You should sit alone in shame until you realize what you've said.

-Pr-
He's also been shown to be their equals as well. Hulk going all out doesn't feel top tier punches. Superman has been downed before by characters weaker than himself while going all out. You acknowledged what i said to be true. You said you basically hate it. Tell me what I made up.

That's your opinion which is a bit off. You're a Kang fan for crying out loud.

The **** he has.

Honestly Quan, quit while you're barely ahead.

Bentley
WW Hulk is a classic.

WW Hulk did it's job.

There are so many holes in your argument that it's not even funny Quan.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>