Thor vs. Silver Surfer vs. Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vince_slice
Order Supes, Thor, and Surfer in terms of the criteria below. You can also indicate if its a tie. Discount Fraction portrayals lol.

1. Who is most honourable?

2. Who can be the most ruthless?

3. Who is most noble?

4. Who is most heroic?

5. Who has the purest soul?

6. Who is most resistant to evil influence?

7. Who is more compassionate?

8. Who is the most violent?

9. Who holds back the most when fighting?

10. Who is more likely to kill?

11. Who is most dangerous when turned evil?

12. Who is most willing to sacrafice personal gain for the greater good?

13. Who has the highest moral standards?

ColossusGrundy
1. Who is most honourable? Superman. Thor has shown the ability to be devious and Surfer has done things questionable to accomplish his own agenda before.

2. Who can be the most ruthless? Thor - remember the Sentry neck snap?

3. Who is most noble? Supes

4. Who is most heroic? Thor/Supes tie.

5. Who has the purest soul? Supes

6. Who is most resistant to evil influence? Surfer, because he's the least emotional and evil would have less leverage.

7. Who is more compassionate? Supes

8. Who is the most violent? Thor

9. Who holds back the most when fighting? Supes, and has been quoted numerous times as doing so.

10. Who is more likely to kill? Thor

11. Who is most dangerous when turned evil? Surfer, knows too many cosmic secrets.

12. Who is most willing to sacrafice personal gain for the greater good? Supes

13. Who has the highest moral standards? Supes (Bats calls him a "boy scout" for a reason)

quanchi112
The Sentry neck snap happened in a what if. LOL. That isn't 616 Thor, bro.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
1. Who is most honourable? Superman. Thor has shown the ability to be devious and Surfer has done things questionable to accomplish his own agenda before.

6. Who is most resistant to evil influence? Surfer, because he's the least emotional and evil would have less leverage.

9. Who holds back the most when fighting? Supes, and has been quoted numerous times as doing so.

11. Who is most dangerous when turned evil? Surfer, knows too many cosmic secrets.

13. Who has the highest moral standards? Supes (Bats calls him a "boy scout" for a reason) thumb up

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by quanchi112
The Sentry neck snap happened in a what if. LOL. That isn't 616 Thor, bro.

It's an illustration for example.

Thor can be the most ruthless by far. He has that lovely scandanavian type rage.

quanchi112
It's an illustration for example.

Thor can be the most ruthless by far. He has that lovely scandanavian type rage. You need to use a canon example though. LOL.

Zack Fair
Stop harassing Coloussus Quan. uhuh

Badabing

13. Who has the highest moral standards? Supes (Bats calls him a "boy scout" for a reason) I can agree with this post.Originally posted by quanchi112
The Sentry neck snap happened in a what if. LOL. That isn't 616 Thor, bro. Then Thor killing Void. 131

Silent Master
Thor has also killed Blockbuster.

LordofBrooklyn
1. Who is most honourable? Thor. The Odinson is the one with the courage to eradicate evil completely. He succumbed to said evil but, hey, whatyagonna do?

2. Who can be the most ruthless? Thor. Anything that is necessary for the victory he will do.

3. Who is most noble? Superman. His intellect alone makes him a threat if he wanted to be.

4. Who is most heroic? Interesting. I would say Superman because he was more readily accepting of his role. Then there is Thor who basically chose to give up divinity and become a true champion for the people.

5. Who has the purest soul? Superman. Godlike but with the humilty of a mortal.

6. Who is most resistant to evil influence? Surfer. When you can create life it changes your perspective.

7. Who is more compassionate? Thor. The stories about his fighting immortals on behalf of mortals shows his compassion. There is a BIZARRE ADVENTURES story that is an absolute classic that everyone should read.

8. Who is the most violent? C'mon! It is the Surfer hands down. His silver coated hands are covered in Blood! MURDRER!

9. Who holds back the most when fighting? Superman. Thor has succumbed to warrior madness and Norrin has led billions to their deaths.

10. Who is more likely to kill? Surfer.

11. Who is most dangerous when turned evil? Superman. His intellect makes him the most dangerous.

12. Who is most willing to sacrafice personal gain for the greater good? Norrin gave up all for his planet.

13. Who has the highest moral standards? Superman. He killed as a last resort only.

curryman
Originally posted by vince_slice
1. Who is most honourable? Thor.

2. Who can be the most ruthless? Thor

3. Who is most noble? Surfer

4. Who is most heroic? Superman

5. Who has the purest soul? Thor

6. Who is most resistant to evil influence? Superman

7. Who is more compassionate? Superman

9. Who holds back the most when fighting? Thor

10. Who is more likely to kill? Surfer

11. Who is most dangerous when turned evil? This really depends. If Thor was say in charge of Asgard then it would be bad, but I think Superman takes this. People's trust in Superheroes would be ruined. What if Superman, of all people, went evil.

12. Who is most willing to sacrafice personal gain for the greater good? Surfer

13. Who has the highest moral standards? Surfer

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Badabing
Then Thor killing Void. 131

Only happened because Void saw the future of Thor embarrassments and wanted to give Thor one little gift before things got terrible.

"Here Thor, have this free victory. It's on me. You'll need it for your sanity later."

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't even know how people would go about picking a clear cut winner for some.

13. Who has the highest moral standards? Supes (Bats calls him a "boy scout" for a reason)

Your reasons for picking Superman as being the most honorable are weird. Not only has Superman been "devious" in the past, but he has done some questionable things in the past. I'd argue that Superman is more devious than Thor.

Why would Superman be more willing to sacrifice personal gain for the greater good? How would you even go about supporting that?

I don't know that Surfer is the most resistant to evil influence. Or that Superman is more noble.

curryman
Whenever we're talking about purity of soul then the Mephisto-incident comes to mind.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yeah, classic Thor was as noble, honorable and pure as they come. This was noticed and commented on more than once by individuals who were simply in his presence. IIRC, even Captain America noted how sometimes Thor makes him feel small or something of the sort. I remember Tigra or some other Avenger pointing out that they always work harder and better themselves in Thor's presence to try and live up to the aura he radiates.

Unfortunately, Marvel has had a more darker tone in the last decade. Fraction's run still has some impact on Thor's character being more brutal even now.

Zack Fair
yeah who can forget

"Bastard!"

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m57t4e6tZ81rveufio1_500.gif

abhilegend
1. Who is most honourable? Thor

2. Who can be the most ruthless? Thor

3. Who is most noble? Superman

4. Who is most heroic? Superman

5. Who has the purest soul? Superman, both spectre and one of his enemy Elder god have said his soul is the purest.

6. Who is most resistant to evil influence? Superman.

7. Who is more compassionate? Superman

9. Who holds back the most when fighting? Superman/Surfer

11. Who is most dangerous when turned evil? All three have about the same potential, superman's intellect makes him the most dangerous though.

12. Who is most willing to sacrafice personal gain for the greater good? Superman

13. Who has the highest moral standards? Superman

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't even know how people would go about picking a clear cut winner for some.

Your reasons for picking Superman as being the most honorable are weird. Not only has Superman been "devious" in the past, but he has done some questionable things in the past. I'd argue that Superman is more devious than Thor.

Why would Superman be more willing to sacrifice personal gain for the greater good? How would you even go about supporting that?

I don't know that Surfer is the most resistant to evil influence. Or that Superman is more noble.
What? Superman being more devious than thor makes no sense at all. Also superman has the purest soul except captain marvel.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Badabing
I can agree with this post. i cannot

one of mephisto's main goals in "life" is to corrupt surfer's soul. the man's origin is to preserve life, sacrificing his own forever

abhilegend
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i cannot

one of mephisto's main goals in "life" is to corrupt surfer's soul. the man's origin is to preserve life, sacrificing his own forever
That was retconned. Mephisto found surfer's soul too dirty even for him and released him in disgust when his real memories were returned to him. Marz retconned surfer as willing to sacrifice other planets and killing billions in cold blood.

psycho gundam
retconned? also that would be a weird thing to bring up since superman is in this.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by abhilegend
What? Superman being more devious than thor makes no sense at all. Also superman has the purest soul except captain marvel.

No sense at all? What? Superman is arguably more likely to try and outsmart an enemy in some form or fashion etc.

Thor's straight forward almost to a fault. More so than even Superman I think. Devious doesn't necessarily have to have be a negative thing if that's what your thinking.

psycho gundam
^ depends on the connotation

Rage.Of.Olympus
I guess.

Let me put it this way, I think Superman would more readily resort to guerrilla type tactics to dismantle an enemy than Thor.

This is just my opinion though. Stuff of this nature tends to be more subjective than most.

abhilegend
Originally posted by psycho gundam
retconned? also that would be a weird thing to bring up since superman is in this.
Yeah, galactus suppressed his memories on his request so as to not feel the guilt of killing billions in cold blood.Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
No sense at all? What? Superman is arguably more likely to try and outsmart an enemy in some form or fashion etc.

Thor's straight forward almost to a fault. More so than even Superman I think. Devious doesn't necessarily have to have be a negative thing if that's what your thinking.
You are mistaking smartness to being devious.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by abhilegend
You are mistaking smartness to being devious.

I don't think I am, but whatever, to each his own.

abhilegend

Rage.Of.Olympus

psycho gundam
that's cunning if anything, rage

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm not arguing that Superman would rig an election, but he has used tactics that would be considered devious in a fight.

For example, Superman using something like Kryptonite against a fellow Kryptonian or fire specifically to subdue a Martian are things that I would consider devious.

Then again, you might consider those examples of him simply being smart, which is why I said to each his own.

You do understand that I still consider him noble, more so than he is devious or cunning.
Yeah, to each his own.

Branlor Swift
1. Who is most honourable? - Thor

2. Who can be the most ruthless? - Superman

3. Who is most noble? - Thor

4. Who is most heroic? - Thor

5. Who has the purest soul? - Thor

6. Who is most resistant to evil influence? - Thor

7. Who is more compassionate? - Thor

8. Who is the most violent? - Superman

9. Who holds back the most when fighting? - Thor

10. Who is more likely to kill? - Superman

11. Who is most dangerous when turned evil? - Thor

12. Who is most willing to sacrafice personal gain for the greater good? - Thor

13. Who has the highest moral standards? - Thor

http://www.abload.de/img/0251_hmvf.gif

Rage.Of.Olympus
Man, Bran knows how to get into my pants.

h1a8
lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.