Despero VS Savage Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Despero- VICE AND VIRTUE

http://www.aric-dacia.com/dcu/despero.jpg

VERSUS

Savage Hulk

http://www.leaderslair.com/gammapeople/incarnations/SavageReleased.gif

carver9
Hulk 7/10 depending on Hulks rage.

ThereIsHope
I say Despero beats the shit out of the Hulk.

Zack Fair
Despero owns.

Estacado
Despero 10/10

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hulk would beat his ass in a physical contest, but his initial telepathic assault coupled with his strength is probably enough to put down Hulk early. If that doesn't work though, Hulk is going to feed him his teeth.

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Hulk would beat his ass in a physical contest, but his initial telepathic assault coupled with his strength is arguably enough to put down Hulk early. If that doesn't work though, Hulk is going to feed him his teeth.

This is what I was thinking. TP would play a huge factor in this fight depending on Hulks rage.

Estacado
^
Lulz..at both of you....

Rage.Of.Olympus
Despero might start out stronger but I honestly don't think he's a lot higher than say Superman strength wise. And whatever gap exists, it's certainly not big enough that Hulk won't be able to close it as he is currently.

Despero's durability is for shit though apparently, if telepathy doesn't work, he's going down like he did against Clark's heat vision. Actually, that was written by the same writer I believe. Which lends credibility to my point, resist his telepathy (Like Clark did) and he goes down a lot easier.

I also recall Hawkman's mace doing a surprising amount of damage. Even a punch from Hourman sent him reeling IIRC. His durability and strength ratio is weird.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Estacado
^
Lulz..at both of you.... The matching sigs make it cuter.

Estacado
Despero might start out a bit stronger but I honestly don't think he's a lot higher than say Superman strength wise.

His durability is for shit though, if telepathy doesn't work, he's going down like he did against Clark's heat vision. Actually, that was written by the same writer I believe. Which lends credibility to my point, resist his telepathy (Like Clark did) and he can down a lot easier.
facepalm
Nice job at using an obvious low showing to downplay Despero....also that wasn't VV Despero so your point is irrevelant..
Keep it up Carver 1.5...

Estacado
Originally posted by Zack Fair
The matching sigs make it cuter.
He could change his screen name to carver9.5...

carver9
So when people vote for Hulk, they are Carver? WTF. Looking at fts, Hulk kills him. Stronger, Faster, and more durable.

ThereIsHope
You didnt read Virtue and Vice did you?

He beat superman, wonder woman, captian marvel, martian manhunter, power girl, houtman, and two green lanterns. And probably more. The only thing that took him down was the medusa like Johnny Sorrow.

He also had a mountain droped on him. And he didnt have any problem holding it up.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by ThereIsHope
He also had a mountain droped on him. And he didnt have any problem holding it up. The Rock of Eternity itself

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Estacado
facepalm
Nice job at using an obvious low showing to downplay Despero....also that wasn't VV Despero so your point is irrevelant..
Keep it up Carver 1.5...

Oh, I was averaging out Despero. My bad.

Estacado
That was the only time someone managed to ko Despero he is only beaten through bfr in other appearances...

Branlor Swift
Oh, I was averaging out Despero. My bad. No averaging.

Unless it's for Hulk, because he gets choked out by snakes in his highest power level arc ever.

carver9
You didnt read Virtue and Vice did you?

He beat superman, wonder woman, catian marvel, martian manhunter, power girl, houtman, and two green lanterns. And probably more. The only thing that took him down was the medusa like Johnny Sorrow.

He also had a mountain droped on him. And he didnt have any problem holding it up.

Yes, I read it. He mainly used TP to take out 90% of the people he was fought. Got his face wrecked by a mace to the face and let's not talk about the ninja law here. He withstood nothing the Hulk couldn't withstand. He lifted nothing the Hulk couldn't lift. I see no reason he should win here. How heavy is the RE?

ThereIsHope
no he didnt. He beat the crap out of them. They were even trying to hold on to him weren tthey ?

Estacado
He didnt use tp...ermm

carver9
no he didnt. He beat the crap out of them. They were even trying to hold on to him weren tthey ?

Yes and then you see a glowing light around his head before his attack against Captain Marvel and Superman. Every scene shows Despero using his TP. That's the main reason I said "it depends in Hulks rage" because if hes pissed enough, Despero isn't TPing him which is D only way of winning.

ThereIsHope
Well you sure owned me in that debate. I guess since the TP worked on high level guys like superman, captian marvel, and powergirl. It definatly wont work against the hulk.

GAVE OVER MAN, GAME OVER. big grin

carver9
Well you sure owned me in that debate. I guess since the TP worked on high level guys like superman, captian marvel, and powergirl. It definatly wont work against the hulk.

GAVE OVER MAN, GAME OVER. big grin

I never said it wouldn't work, I said it depends on Hulks rage because...it does.

I'm seeing TP in each scene, what about you (thanks for the scan Cely).

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/18627/1174067-desperob3_super_1_super.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/12780/1832963-824188767rf_super.jpg

Sh3nG L0nG
Originally posted by carver9
I never said it wouldn't work, I said it depends on Hulks rage because...it does.

I like Hulk, but he is out of his league here. He gets destroyed here.

zeel
hulk loses. Despero's duribility as far as piercing dmg goes sucks but he cant take blunt hits well, as seen against supes,captian marvel wonderwoman etc, sorry hulk can duplicate that feat.

carver9
Yeah, TP is the deciding factor. Without it, Despero gets killed.

Zack Fair
TP or not Hulk will be hard pressed to do as good as Despero did against that team.

carver9
As teams, the JLA fight as fodder. They fight better individually.

Zack Fair
No.

carver9
Originally posted by Zack Fair
No.

Not fodder but they fight better individually. Hulk has taken on every team Marvel has to offer so fighting teams of Heralds isn't outside of his realm.

ThereIsHope
Can you give us an instance when he's fought a team of Heralds, and defeated them?

-Pr-
Depends on the Despero.

And no, he didn't use his TP all of those times.

ThereIsHope
Doesnt he usually shoot a beam when he uses TP? A glowing eye doesnt mean he's using Tp

LordofBrooklyn

Despero is mixing TP and brute strength.

What it looks like is that the eye is charged and the glowing effect is for artistic purposes when it is not directed.

The blow by blow recap.

Superman, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman felled by the murderous art known as... STOOGE JITSU!

Power Girl, Hourman already groggy put down by TP.

Savage Hulk can NEVER match the combination of speed and power that it took to put down Superman, Marvel and Wonder Woman.

ThereIsHope
I think he could have taken them on even with out the TP. Hulk is dead.

celeyhyga17
Despero in V&V is leagues above a Savage Hulk.

LordofBrooklyn
Yeah, TP is the deciding factor. Without it, Despero gets killed.

Despero "Gets killed"?

C'mon, he mashed 3 heralds in 3 panels; all of whom would could take on and arguably beat Savage Hulk solo.

ThereIsHope
I dont know if these guys are heralds, but they are definatly tough.

DTM
I think the TP boost will give Despero the win in the end. Despero is a physical match for Hulk, probably stronger at first, then equal and eventually weaker as Hulk gets stronger (which will take time to do so), but the mental powers of Despero alongside the physical brawn he brings I believe will be too much for the Hulk to reliably beat.

LordofBrooklyn
I dont know if these guys are heralds, but they are definatly tough.

Superman, Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman are without question heralds.

LordofBrooklyn
Add Power Girl as well.

abhilegend
Despero might start out stronger but I honestly don't think he's a lot higher than say Superman strength wise. And whatever gap exists, it's certainly not big enough that Hulk won't be able to close it as he is currently.

Despero's durability is for shit though apparently, if telepathy doesn't work, he's going down like he did against Clark's heat vision. Actually, that was written by the same writer I believe. Which lends credibility to my point, resist his telepathy (Like Clark did) and he goes down a lot easier.

I also recall Hawkman's mace doing a surprising amount of damage. Even a punch from Hourman sent him reeling IIRC. His durability and strength ratio is weird.
That wasn't the same writer. That writer had superman fight every alien hero on earth at once and had his HV nearly kill Blackrock who was presented as physically superior to superman with his force-fields to the point superman hurt his hands punching his shield. That's not a low showing for despero as its a high showing for superman.

Golgo13
Despero.

cdtm
tp cinches this.

He could beat Savage Hulk without it, though.

Mindset
Hulk solos.

cdtm
How's Hulk gonna get mad when his opponent is a big pink naked beefcake? He'll be too busy laughing his ass off.

cdtm
Despero might start out stronger but I honestly don't think he's a lot higher than say Superman strength wise.

Superman lifted half of infinity, and Despero lifted eternity. They're both much, much stronger then Hulk. smile

Mindset
How much does time weigh?

pym-ftw
Hulks is stronger than Herc who lifted the whole of creation
stick out tongue

Despero wins unless he screws around

Estacado
Originally posted by Mindset
How much does time weigh?
Depends on the amount of time.

celeyhyga17
Not even a contest. V&V Despero still.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.