LoL, Arizona: Proposed US loyalty oath for students

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
Proposed US loyalty oath for students could be another image headache for Arizona

A group of Republican lawmakers want to require Arizona students to recite a loyalty oath to the U.S. and its Constitution before they can graduate high school. They are sponsoring House Bill 2467 in the Legislature. If passed, it would make the loyalty oath a prerequisite for graduation from any public high school in Arizona starting with the 2013-14 school year.
Students would be required to say:

I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose or evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge these duties; so help me God. -end snip

Full Story:
http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/blog/business/2013/01/proposed-us-loyalty-oath-for-students.html?page=all

focus4chumps
haha look at the silly conservative clowns.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Robtard
Proposed US loyalty oath for students could be another image headache for Arizona

A group of Republican lawmakers want to require Arizona students to recite a loyalty oath to the U.S. and its Constitution before they can graduate high school. They are sponsoring House Bill 2467 in the Legislature. If passed, it would make the loyalty oath a prerequisite for graduation from any public high school in Arizona starting with the 2013-14 school year.

I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose or evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge these duties; so help me God. -end snip

Full Story:
http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/blog/business/2013/01/proposed-us-loyalty-oath-for-students.html?page=all

...Why?

Robtard
Originally posted by -Pr-
...Why?

To build better Americans?

Symmetric Chaos
Cool, I could have a god given mission to seek out and destroy anyone who disagrees with me about politics!

Omega Vision
The actual oath itself isn't too frightening, not as bad as I feared it would be when I saw this topic's title. What is troublesome is the motive behind it, as well as the precedent this sets. This could easily mutate to students being expelled for "Unamerican" activities.

Robtard
Originally posted by Omega Vision
The actual oath itself isn't too frightening, not as bad as I feared it would be when I saw this topic's title.

It's bad enough; just the concept of "having" to swear an oath in order to graduate High School is in of itself a load of crap.

What if you're a coward, don't have faith or don't believe in a god.

Omega Vision
It's bad enough; just the concept of "having" to swear an oath in order to graduate High School is in of itself a load of crap.

Well let's be honest, was it ever a good idea to get your high school degree from a public school in Arizona?

dadudemon

Not really.

Then you'd be a leftist atheist? smile

focus4chumps
butthurt alert.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
Not really.

Then you'd be a leftist atheist? smile

Thank you Captain PR-Man for clearing that up.

I see what you did there.

Omega Vision
DDD is right in the sense that this isn't bad for the image that the majority of Arizona seems to want to set--however, it is a terrible for their image as a modern member of a modern country.

Bottom line: Conservatives are that guy who walks his dog in sweat pants and a greasy wife beater and sometimes checks his mail in the morning with a 16oz beer can in one hand.

dadudemon
DDD is right in the sense that this isn't bad for the image that the majority of Arizona seems to want to set--however, it is a terrible for their image as a modern member of a modern country.

Sort of. That's not really what I meant by "not really." Not many ****s will be given by anyone in the US except by the butthurt libtards and a few left-wing political activists.

Bottom line: Conservatives are that guy who walks his dog in sweat pants and a greasy wife beater and sometimes checks his mail in the morning with a 16oz beer can in one hand.

Most of the conservatards I know are college educated, white, middle to upper class, males. Hint: they look pretty clean cut.

Oh, and Robard, that whole oath scares the shit out of me. That's some Hitler level shit. Hitler even leveraged God in much the same way. I sure hope conservatards are realizing they are looking more and more like Nazis than righteous flag bearers.

Omega Vision

Most of the conservatards I know are college educated, white, middle to upper class, males. Hint: they look pretty clean cut.

You are aware of such a thing as a metaphor, right?

I was trying to communicate that Conservatives either don't care or don't know how to portray themselves in a way that doesn't alienate a large segment of the population outside of their loyal base.

dadudemon
You are aware of such a thing as a metaphor, right?

Nope. It is a brand new concept to me.

I was trying to communicate that Conservatives either don't care or don't know how to portray themselves in a way that doesn't alienate a large segment of the population outside of their loyal base.

What you did is state a stereotype that many leftists, humorously, use to characterize conservatards. Doing what seems like a back peddle (from my perspective) does not really disassociate yourself from that often used visual.

"OMG! Those redneck conservatives are at it again. Gah! *resumes homework on a $3500 iMac*"

Lord Lucien
Oh, and Robard, that whole oath scares the shit out of me. That's some Hitler level shit. Hitler even leveraged God in much the same way. I sure hope conservatards are realizing they are looking more and more like Nazis than righteous flag bearers. I will Godwin the f*ck right of you.

Omega Vision
Nope. It is a brand new concept to me.

What you did is state a stereotype that many leftists, humorously, use to characterize conservatards. Doing what seems like a back peddle (from my perspective) does not really disassociate yourself from that often used visual.

"OMG! Those redneck conservatives are at it again. Gah! *resumes homework on a $3500 iMac*"
Must I explain the difference between back peddling and clarification?

dadudemon
Must I explain the difference between back peddling and clarification?

"Dude...I wasn't back peddling! I was jut clarifying!"

Omega Vision
"Dude...I wasn't back peddling! I was jut clarifying!"
Yes, exactly. I'm glad you see my point. So there is hope for you yet.

dadudemon
Yes, exactly. I'm glad you see my point. So there is hope for you yet.

No, there's no hope for me: I'm a Mormon. I'm too far gone. Save yourself while you can! Get out, now, while the getting is good!

Newjak

Full Story:
http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/blog/business/2013/01/proposed-us-loyalty-oath-for-students.html?page=all What...

I guess I can understand the notion behind it but it comes off as just silly to me. The idea that those students can not graduate until they recite it is absurd to me.

Omega Vision
No, there's no hope for me: I'm a Mormon. I'm too far gone. Save yourself while you can! Get out, now, while the getting is good!
Let's see. Mormon rolemodels...

...Manti Te'o--overrated tackler who's either an Armstrong-level pathological liar or the biggest idiot in the world.

Mitt Romney--failed presidential candidate and spitter of gaffes.

Yeah, you're right.

dadudemon
Let's see. Mormon rolemodels...

...Manti Te'o--overrated tackler who's either an Armstrong-level pathological liar or the biggest idiot in the world.

Mitt Romney--failed presidential candidate and spitter of gaffes.

Yeah, you're right.

You're forgetting Jesus Christ who we think is just as Mormon as we are. big grin

And Joseph Smith who is either an idiot and a swindler or an idiot and a real prophet of God (not kidding, here...he's an idiot, regardless of the outcome and Mormons recognize this. Even Joseph Smith admitted to this on multiple occasions).

We should get back on topic or Ushgarak will beat the shit out of us.

There are lots of Mormons in Arizona: do you think they have anything to do with this legislation being pushed? I don't know very many Arizonian Mormons so I honestly don't know their attitudes or how much they push for this kind of legislation.

Bardock42
$3500 iMac*"

3.4Ghz Quad Core i7 - 32GB RAM - 3TB Fusion Drive - GeForce 680MX

I'd love that machine...

Oh, and re: Mormon Role Models. Anne Frank!

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42

I'd love that machine...

Who wouldn't?

Oh, and re: Mormon Role Models. Anne Frank!

laughing laughing laughing

Newjak

I'd love that machine...

Oh, and re: Mormon Role Models. Anne Frank! Nice

I still think the Oath is kind of ridiculous.

Robtard
There are lots of Mormons in Arizona: do you think they have anything to do with this legislation being pushed? I don't know very many Arizonian Mormons so I honestly don't know their attitudes or how much they push for this kind of legislation.

Can you call them?

dadudemon
Can you call them?

Uhhh...yes, actually.

Robtard
Go on.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.