What do you want most out of a relationship?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dolos
I want to project into the mind of my significant other that I am awesome pretty much. I know that is callous...but I want to be the guy described in this song to my significant other;

4UpqLhYQz28

NemeBro
To see someone else suffer in ways of my own design, both emotionally and physically, yet for the person to be unable to leave me, due to forcing them to become dependent on me.

Dolos
Originally posted by NemeBro
To see someone else suffer in ways of my own design, both emotionally and physically, yet for the person to be unable to leave me, due to forcing them to become dependent on me.

I had a friend like that.

I am still unsure as to whether or not he friended me just for that purpose. Seeing as how when I stopped doing stupid things with him he stopped talking to me, that's probably the case.

ArtificialGlory
Money.

Lord Lucien
To be left in her rich parents' will with no stipulations about "staying with our daughter".

Cyner
Originally posted by Dolos
I want to project into the mind of my significant other that I am awesome pretty much. I know that is callous...but I want to be the guy described in this song to my significant other

This is why you fail. You're never going to be anyone's "hero". Deriving self worth from what someone else thinks of you is ridiculous. You have to be a entire person on your own.

The most important thing is to know yourself. Once you do that, you can be confident in who you are and understand your strengths, weaknesses, and what you bring into a relationship. Your self worth has to come from YOU, if you try to find it in a relationship you will only be let down.

You will never be able to "save" anyone. If someone needs "saving" it's because they are ****ing insane, stay away from those bitches because they will **** up your life. Unless they are willing to work out their problems on their own then they are not worth the effort to interact with. You're not someone's personal superman, or psychologist, or lifeguard, and you never will be. If they are unhappy now, and you try to save them, they will eventually be unhappy with you. A person has to save themselves.

I know it's cliche to say this... but you sound like a beta white-knight. You need to re-evaluate the way you view yourself and women. Have some damn self respect.

On topic-

What I want in a relationship: Someone of the same race, culture, and religion. With whom I can have fun and raise children with. Who also has strong values, morals, and is at least moderately intelligent.

NemeBro
While he can never be someone's hero, I am a hero for all mankind, my very presence makes your sack of shit lives seem ten thousands times better.

Which is why it is so easy and fun to hurt said people who revere me. Anything I do is rationalized away as me just trying to help in some way. thumb up

quanchi112
Sex.

Dolos
While he can never be someone's hero, I am a hero for all mankind, my very presence makes your sack of shit lives seem ten thousands times better.

Which is why it is so easy and fun to hurt said people who revere me. Anything I do is rationalized away as me just trying to help in some way. thumb up

@Cyner.

If you are your only hero, than you are no hero.

The ultimate elevation in my ego is that point in which someone I love sees me as I see myself, heroic. Love forces favoritism, biasm against logic. You see Nemebro is right, for someone to love you as and for being a hero, can only occur if you have intentionally or unintentionally manipulated them into thinking that you're something you're not. Because all of our characters are defined in others by favouritism, and therefore none of us are anything.

NemeBro
So what you're saying is: You're a narcissist or a sociopath.

I relate. thumb up

Dolos
So what you're saying is: You're a narcissist or a sociopath.

I relate. thumb up

I just accept that when human emotions are involved, logic is choked to death.

I would not hang around someone like you, because you'd have to be in control. Two #1s cannot coexist without conflict for #1 position. Confrontation is a massive waste of creative energy, which is my soul advantage over everyone else.

Oliver North
Dolos: so, your hypothesis would be that, if people were incapable of processing emotions, they would make very logical choices?

Dolos
Originally posted by Oliver North
Dolos: so, your hypothesis would be that, if people were incapable of processing emotions, they would make very logical choices?

Without emotion we wouldn't make choices. We'd be like a rock.

In a social environment, positive emotion like love breeds biasm - which breeds negative emotions like envy, which can result in irrational behavior such a sabotauge. This creates negative emotions like anger, which leads more irrational behavior.

Sometimes you need to bash your emotions to make it through the day, you have to seem a sociopath. A wise person controls their emotions, so that he/she can make better decisions. The emotions are still there, and love is biasm, holding one higher than the others. Even if you're aware if their shortcomings, they must not even conflict your feelings for them.

NemeBro
I just accept that when human emotions are involved, logic is choked to death.

I would not hang around someone like you, because you'd have to be in control. Two #1s cannot coexist without conflict for #1 position. Confrontation is a massive waste of creative energy, which is my soul advantage over everyone else.

I wouldn't "have" to be in control.

I would be in control. thumb up

Oliver North

In a social environment, positive emotion like love breeds biasm - which breeds negative emotions like envy, which can result in irrational behavior such a sabotauge. This creates negative emotions like anger, which leads more irrational behavior.

Sometimes you need to bash your emotions to make it through the day, you have to seem a sociopath. Wisdom helps control emotion, so that you can make good decisions.

but you said that emotions choke logic, it seems like you were suggesting that emotions work against our logical mind, whereas, like you admit above, people who don't have emotions, or have damage to emotional processing areas of their brain, make terrible decisions.

It is interesting that society normally sees emotion and logic as opposing forces, when in reality, our ability to be logical comes specifically from our ability to accurately appraise the emotional valiance of a situation.

smile

dadudemon
but you said that emotions choke logic, it seems like you were suggesting that emotions work against our logical mind, whereas, like you admit above, people who don't have emotions, or have damage to emotional processing areas of their brain, make terrible decisions.

It is interesting that society normally sees emotion and logic as opposing forces, when in reality, our ability to be logical comes specifically from our ability to accurately appraise the emotional valiance of a situation.

smile

I figured you would say that: I read a similar set of studies. no expression

Oliver North
have you read about the issues that arise when the amygdala is disconnected from, say, visual stimuli?

Its a super weird type of agnosia, one of the first things that made me really passionate about neuroscience

Dolos
I wouldn't "have" to be in control.

I would be in control. thumb up

Wrong. I can do anything you can do better.

I just have bigger dreams than you, so I wouldn't waste my energies on things someone like you would be doing.

dadudemon
have you read about the issues that arise when the amygdala is disconnected from, say, visual stimuli?

Its a super weird type of agnosia, one of the first things that made me really passionate about neuroscience

No, it was about emotional vs. logical decision making and centered around the work Damasio was/is doing. In fact, I think we discussed it on KMC, 2 years back. VMPFC disconnect, iirc.

And if you think about it, it seems quite logical that past memories tied to an emotion would aid in decision making. Before I offend neuroscientists, everywhere, I just wanted to say that it seems like an evolutionary benefit to draw upon past memories that are tied to positive and negative emotional responses. Without those memories and associated emotions, it would be much more difficult to quickly decide what the better decision would be. Every time you would go to make a decision, you would have to weigh all variables and decide what is best, from scratch. No positive or negative emotions (again, that is simplified) to draw from, from past experiences, regarding similar decisions.

I know I don't need to tell you these things but someone else might read it and become interested in learning more.

Robtard
Wrong. I can do anything you can do better.

I just have bigger dreams than you, so I wouldn't waste my energies on things someone like you would be doing.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=14171142

Dolos
Exactly.

Cyner
trying to give helpful advice... on KMC

I forgot what this site is like.

Dolos
Originally posted by Cyner
trying to give helpful advice... on KMC

I forgot what this site is like.

I'm sorry.

So you claim my problem is that I seek self respect from others' opinions of me?

I have confidence in my intelligence, confidence in my ability to pursue a career. Right now I can literally see myself getting a scholarship into a university, and that's not easy for most poeple who have already graduated High School without said scholarship. I am confident that I am good-looking, people have asked me how I'm loosing weight, telling me whatever I'm doing is working. That is a way for me to determine such things...in fact in my entire life out-side input has been crucial for my self confidence...and you're saying that no one will ever be able to give me confidence, that it must totally from within. There needs to be some palpatine reassurence, doesn't there?

Yurika
Maybe respect and freedom.

Scarlet Fox

Sometimes you need to bash your emotions to make it through the day, you have to seem a sociopath. A wise person controls their emotions, so that he/she can make better decisions. The emotions are still there, and love is biasm, holding one higher than the others. Even if you're aware if their shortcomings, they must not even conflict your feelings for them.

Mindset
Sex.

Mindset
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Money. Yes, this too.

Dolos
lol Mindset I bet you're drunk most of the time you come here.

rudester
I had a friend like that.

I am still unsure as to whether or not he friended me just for that purpose. Seeing as how when I stopped doing stupid things with him he stopped talking to me, that's probably the case.

What kind of things together? Playful secrets.

FistOfThe North
Respect. Then love.

Impediment
Anal.

Symmetric Chaos
Military power and political influence.

Dolos
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Military power and political influence.

Lol fricken awesome response. Very funny.

Prezzy Obama
In all my relationships I want Countries who will obey their Imperial Overlords of the Hegemony that is American royalty,

atv2
Stability! My friendships with women are getting worse! They're falling apart too easily!

Lord Lucien
Maybe it's you.

Jeffisffa983
If your friendships with women are falling apart, it must mean that they no longer think you're a homosexual and therefore, could not be friends with you. Congratulations on your life's upgrade.

atv2
Originally posted by Jeffisffa983
If your friendships with women are falling apart, it must mean that they no longer think you're a homosexual and therefore, could not be friends with you. Congratulations on your life's upgrade.

My sexual orientation was never the issue. My stand for Christianity may have had an effect on them but not my orientation, I've always been straight and it will remain that way pass the day I die into the Afterlife! They change their minds and get hurt too easily. The energy they've given is unstable; they are high one day and low for another three or four days.

Astner
Alone time.

Mindship
4UpqLhYQz28 This is the song that killed Jon-Erik Hexum.

atv2
stability victory love.

jinXed by JaNx
everything that i can't have. which is why i shall forever be alone. It's ok though, i make sammiches better than any woman ever could.

atv2
Originally posted by atv2
stability victory love.

Yeah I think those 3 are coming into effect now! Patience and persistence is the key. Things are getting better! I can thank God for that! These past few days have been great.

Oneness
My best thread yet.

cTCmbuKY26Y

Oneness
Originally posted by Mindship
Jon-Erik Hexum. Real talk, I will try my best to take care of my mother in here death bed. She's an eternal optimist as far her ambitions go, and it's discouraging and sad to watch as the life I've inherited offers nothing to repair the life she's inherited.

I'll be poor, trying to take care of my mother in this money driven country and, as soon as she passes, I will relish in suicide by desert eagle hand-gun.

The issue I have is that I have to believe that all lives serve some purpose, that they're not wasted. This is not so (see, bacteria that were never really necessary for every other life form and what they've, same can go for sickly babies discarded by Spartans), and from observing countless people, I begin to realize no amount of hard work ensures success - people stay to their same ways and I just so happen to be a sap for optimistic appraisal of my circumstance far too often.

I used to be intelligent, but my behavior and lack of interest or will-power has allowed my mind to go dull as I think about the more practical future life has in store for me. Which is an improvement from unwarranted optimistic tendencies I suppose, but also a burden and a distraction, not just from enjoying myself but from finding interest in things that are necessary. Not that optimism or in engaging in whatever limited (due to my circumstance) sensual pleasures would make me productive either, quite the contrary.

Wonder Man
Someone to pass the time with. Filling our lives with our experiences.

Robtard
Originally posted by Oneness
Real talk, I will try my best to take care of my mother in here death bed. She's an eternal optimist as far her ambitions go, and it's discouraging and sad to watch as the life I've inherited offers nothing to repair the life she's inherited.

I'll be poor, trying to take care of my mother in this money driven country and, as soon as she passes, I will relish in suicide by desert eagle hand-gun.

The issue I have is that I have to believe that all lives serve some purpose, that they're not wasted. This is not so (see, bacteria that were never really necessary for every other life form and what they've, same can go for sickly babies discarded by Spartans), and from observing countless people, I begin to realize no amount of hard work ensures success - people stay to their same ways and I just so happen to be a sap for optimistic appraisal of my circumstance far too often.

I used to be intelligent, but my behavior and lack of interest or will-power has allowed my mind to go dull as I think about the more practical future life has in store for me. Which is an improvement from unwarranted optimistic tendencies I suppose, but also a burden and a distraction, not just from enjoying myself but from finding interest in things that are necessary. Not that optimism or in engaging in whatever limited (due to my circumstance) sensual pleasures would make me productive either, quite the contrary.

-Sorry about your mum.

-Drop the defeatist attitude, it's silly, pointless and pointlessly silly.

/thatisall

riv6672
At my age, someone to put up with all my foibles, and have the occasional sex with.

Epicurus
Real talk, I will try my best to take care of my mother in here death bed. She's an eternal optimist as far her ambitions go, and it's discouraging and sad to watch as the life I've inherited offers nothing to repair the life she's inherited.

Didn't your mom hold a gun to your face once?

Oneness
Originally posted by Epicurus
Didn't your mom hold a gun to your face once? Yes, but it wasn't loaded.

Epicurus
Yes, but it wasn't loaded.
That's unfortunate.

Digi
Lol, this thread is some high comedy.

I'm paraphrasing here from the comic off-topic thread, and I forget who said it, but it was a good response:

"I just want a girl with no children, no debt, and who will suck my cock like it's the f*cking cure for cancer."

Obviously relationships require more, but it got a laugh from me.

riv6672
Ha, i've known a few women who share those same needs!

Wonder Man
Intelligent Conversation.

riv6672
Wait, what? confused

Wonder Man
I also like a lot of sex. So yeah someone to pass the time with intelligent conversation and good sex.

Wonder Man
To fall in love of course.

Oneness
Originally posted by Wonder Man
someone to pass the time with intelligent conversation and good sex. I agree.

Stealth Moose
Intelligent Conversation. Originally posted by Wonder Man
I also like a lot of sex. So yeah someone to pass the time with intelligent conversation and good sex.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001455951/420749623_i_lol_d_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Bardock42
I also like a lot of sex. So yeah someone to pass the time with intelligent conversation and good sex. Originally posted by Oneness
I agree.

You two should hook up.

Tzeentch
I want food and sex on demand. I'm a simple guy.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Tzeentch
I want food and sex on demand. I'm a simple guy.

Usuall one and the same for you, right?

Tzeentch
That's how we get down in the dirty south.

Stealth Moose
You're from CA. Get it straight bro.

Tzeentch
I was talking from a Canadian standpoint.

Stealth Moose
They don't have souls. Don't worry about their POV.

Tzeentch
Don't say that. Lucien has so much soul that I sometimes forget that he's not black. To the contrary, he looks like Raiden from MGS2.

Stealth Moose
Don't say that. Lucien has so much soul that I sometimes forget that he's not black. To the contrary, he looks like Raiden from MGS2.

A naked bishonen spec ops guy?

Suddenly, a lot is clear to me.

The Renegade
A homie, which Amber is.

Stealth Moose
She has street cred?

Robtard
Legit

Lord Lucien
Don't say that. Lucien has so much soul that I sometimes forget that he's not black. To the contrary, he looks like Raiden from MGS2. Accurate.

meJckIFWFR0

Raisen
The answer to this has changed for me so much as i've aged. I used to care a lot about a woman's past. I was very judgmental. I have few requirements now

atv2
I want trust, beauty, pleasure, and lifetime commitment. I would like to have a relationship/marriage that would last for more than 50 years. It takes time to build trust and also I know people say not to look for outer beauty but beauty is individual perception. Beauty is what the individual believes in their eyes to see. I'm learning that I have to go with what makes me happy and not what people believe makes me happy.

socool8520
Happiness and acceptance that isn't forced........and sex

Shabazz916
Originally posted by socool8520
Happiness and acceptance that isn't forced........and sex

yes

popoyez
i want most my parents out of all relationships in the whole world.

popoyez
Red lights flicker madly, a siren rings and jolts are shaking the bridge as I run desperately towards the nearest escape pod. The escape bay is already on fire. I see dead or injured or dying people everywhere. The other commanding officers and myself are abandoning the crew and passengers to certain death. As my pod glides slowly in the field of stars, I can see the Hive-Ship becoming smaller and smaller, ripped apart by the deadly laser beams of the Ancients' battlecruisers. The battle for the Arc is lost. I failed, and I'm watching the death of one billion of my own kind, when the Hive is finally destroyed in a blinding, silent explosion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.