Darth Bane vs. Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jmoul
On Ambria in Caleb's camp for four rounds of all-out combat. Both want to kill each other and will do whatever it takes to do so. The four rounds are:

1. Orbalisk Bane vs. TPM Maul
2. Orbalisk Bane vs. TCW Maul
3. DoE Bane vs. TPM Maul
4. DoE Bane vs. TCW Maul

Who wins each round and why?

Rookwood
Originally posted by jmoul
On Ambria in Caleb's camp for four rounds of all-out combat. Both want to kill each other and will do whatever it takes to do so. The four rounds are:

1. Orbalisk Bane vs. TPM Maul
2. Orbalisk Bane vs. TCW Maul
3. DoE Bane vs. TPM Maul
4. DoE Bane vs. TCW Maul

Who wins each round and why?

Any version of Post-PoD Bane can beat any version of Maul.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Rookwood

This maybe true. But how would you know? You don't watch CW stick out tongue

Anyway Maul wins the cool factor.

SebastianisI

You don't think POD Bane takes it?

Bane from when he starts getting really powerful as a student onward takes it.

Rookwood
Originally posted by SebastianisI
You don't think POD Bane takes it?

Bane from when he starts getting really powerful as a student onward takes it.

Arguably, yeah.

Pretty much.

Rookwood
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
This maybe true. But how would you know? You don't watch CW stick out tongue

I do, sometimes, when I want to see what it's like to be Retarded like you. stick out tongue

I like Genndy Tartakovsky's version much better, anyways - even that has a higher intelligence-quotient to it.

Anyway Maul wins the cool factor.

Bane is actually much cooler.

Cooler personality; appearance.

Cooler everything. smokin'

Ascendancy
Bane roasts Maul's whiney butt. Barely talked, always just giving moody looks to the camera, cut in half like a little biatch. Maul was potential ruined.

On the real though, Bane owns him up and down the street every day of the week.

Darth Banus
Maul would make a half decent sparing partner for bane but that's about it..

if it was just sabers he may last a little longer, but all out Gone in no time

NTJack0
Maul gets ragdolled, what is this?

DARTH POWER
Maul brothers vs Bane would be a much more decent fight.

I like Genndy Tartakovsky's version much better, anyways - even that has a higher intelligence-quotient to it.

That series seems to have been wiped out of existence. Not one reference or image of that old series on the official SW site.

The only images and references are to the movies and the new CW series.

Rookwood
That series seems to have been wiped out of existence. Not one reference or image of that old series on the official SW site.

The only images and references are to the movies and the new CW series.

The Official Databank, is and has always been, a complete joke.

According to droves of non-existent entries, worlds like Ruusan and Dromund Kaas, don't exist at all.

And yes, they do seem to be promoting their new cash-cow, however redundant it is.

For all it's implicate nature, I would suggest going with Wookieepedia, as it is more privy to the actual width and breadth, of the Star Wars Universe. smokin'

And you'll find that in there, it is rife, with Tartavosky's work.

DARTH POWER
I've also read somewhere that if you buy any new encyclopedia or sourcebook that there are no references to the cw mini. But I'm not able to confirm that yet.

Wooki isn't a canon source I'm afraid.

Rookwood
I've also read somewhere that if you buy any new encyclopedia or sourcebook that there are no references to the cw mini. But I'm not able to confirm that yet.

Wooki isn't a canon source I'm afraid.

As Darth Subjekt once pointed out on these boards, Wooki itself, isn't a source, but it contains Canon sources, which are back-checked ruthlessly by malevolent Administrators.

We need to get over this stigma where we don't trust the article, that states what we should explicitly know.

Or at the very least, if others have put work into citing a source for something, and we disagree, we'll have to prove otherwise.

- Either way, the SW Databank is a joke compared to Wookieepedia, and though the databank is trying to push it's newest and most retarded creation, Tartavosky's work still stands above it in pretty much every way.

The_Tempest
As Darth Subjekt once pointed out on these boards, Wooki itself, isn't a source, but it contains Canon sources, which are back-checked ruthlessly by malevolent Administrators.

We need to get over this stigma where we don't trust the article, that states what we should explicitly know.

Rookwood
And I wholeheartedly agree - Darth Sidious, was and is, the most powerful Sith Lord that ever lived, and the most powerful Sith Lord known to galactic history.

The_Tempest
And I wholeheartedly agree - Darth Sidious, was and is, the most powerful Sith Lord that ever lived, and the most powerful Sith Lord known to galactic history.

Bane and Nihilus might prompt you to reconsider.

DARTH POWER

Wooki's good for some general background. If you don't know about a character you can wookie them.

However like you pointed out yourself, it isn't a canon source in and of itself.

Or at the very least, if others have put work into citing a source for something, and we disagree, we'll have to prove otherwise.

Your not understanding what I'm saying. Which is that every canon source relating to info on Tartavosky's toon seem to be old sources.

None of the newer canon sources seem to recognize it.

It seems it's simply being replaced by the new series. Now before anyone has a go at me, look into this yourself. I'm not declaring it non-canon, just that it's not being referenced anymore. Whilst the new show is referenced all over the place.

- Either way, the SW Databank is a joke compared to Wookieepedia,

Except that "Joke" is a canon source. Wookie isn't.

and though the databank is trying to push it's newest and most retarded creation, Tartavosky's work still stands above it in pretty much every way.

Except in canonicity. The new show is right below the movies.

Nephthys
Vitiate is also up there.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Nephthys
Vitiate is also up there.

You have no conception of the trap that is being designed. Do not blunder into it, fool.

S_W_LeGenD
Darth Bane comfortably.

The only aspect in which Darth Maul would pose a threat is his skills with a lightsaber. However, he is outgunned.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Darth Bane comfortably.

The only aspect in which Darth Maul would pose a threat is his skills with a lightsaber. However, he is outgunned.

He's pretty powerful in the Force now as well.

I'm sure Bane's still significantly above him, but he should be able to put up a fight now.

Arhael
Bane comfortably takes it only with Obralisk. Of course Bane can do fancy things like dark field but it has no relevance to actual combat. Maul tanked even Sidious' Force blast. Sidious waited for an opening in Maul's defence to Force blast him succesfully. I don't see Bane being as skilled all-out combatant as Sidious to create an opening in similar fassion nor I see him powerful enough to Force handle Maul like Sidious.
Maul can pull a star fighter on the run, that should account for something.

Ascendancy
Maul dies again and again and again. No incarnation is skilled enough in sabers to take the day, nor will he be able to tank Bane's TK. He's a dead man walking the moment he steps into the arena.

nfactor1995
Up

TenebrousWay
Bane in a good fight.

Darth Thor
Maul

Screw Orbalisk though

Emperordmb
Bane

thesithmaster
Orbalisk Bane should win. DoE Bane dies to TCW Maul.

slayne
Originally posted by thesithmaster
Bane dies

ThirdReich
Maul wins quite easily

Rockydonovang
Could go eitherway, Maul's juyo could prevent bane from getting an oppurtunity to use tk and his durability and pain tolerance offer him a way to handle bane tking him. Don't think bane can ragdoll

carthage
Neither are very good hard to say

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Bane, of course.

MythLord
Bane is, arguably, the most powerful Sith Lord in existance. He can handle this shizz.

ChocolateMuesli
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Maul dies again and again and again. No incarnation is skilled enough in sabers to take the day, nor will he be able to tank Bane's TK. He's a dead man walking the moment he steps into the arena.
This guy was something else lol.

BlueTiger1144
Maul wrecks. Topkek at Bane being more powerful than him.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by BlueTiger1144
Maul wrecks. Topkek at Bane being more powerful than him.
Well, he has better feats.

Though I suppose you could always take ILS's approach and scale Maul off as better due to being trained as a banite sith for longer than Bane despite having a higher potential.

BlueTiger1144
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Well, he has better feats.

Though I suppose you could always take ILS's approach and scale Maul off as better due to being trained as a banite sith for longer than Bane despite having a higher potential.
Better feats? Collapsing a 20 m temple is his best feat and he was completely out after that. Maul dragging a huge shuttle off a cliff, while being injured and unable to walk on his own, and while being fired upon by a small army of pirates, and doing so easily is a lot better feat than Bane's.

ChocolateMuesli
Better feats? Collapsing a 20 m temple is his best feat and he was completely out after that. Maul dragging a huge shuttle off a cliff, while being injured and unable to walk on his own, and while being fired upon by a small army of pirates, and doing so easily is a lot better feat than Bane's.
Comparing two TK feats between them is probably not the best way to determine who is more powerful.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ChocolateMuesli
Comparing two TK feats between them is probably not the best way to determine who is more powerful.

Well if Maul can come across superior on TK feats, and by powerscaling, then combined that's a good case for Maul.

Maul's close combat skills (Saber + martial arts) are pretty much unparalleled. So no way Bane wins in that category.

ChocolateMuesli
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well if Maul can come across superior on TK feats, and by powerscaling, then combined that's a good case for Maul.

Maul's close combat skills (Saber + martial arts) are pretty much unparalleled. So no way Bane wins in that category.
As Maul never reached his full potential, you can't really scale him from the Banite line. For this thread, Maul probably only has the TK advantage in round 4 (certainly not in round 1 and 3). But Bane is still more powerful than Maul overall, as his diversity, knowledge and mastery all are better than Maul's. TK itself won't be the deciding factor in this fight for sure, as most likely, neither will be able to affect the other with TK a great deal.

BlueTiger1144
Well, there is the way rockydonovang suggested. Considering that Maul's potential was way higher than Bane's and he had trained for way longer time, it makes solid sense for him to be at least significantly better than Bane.
I mean, there is no other way. You compare feats, and/or you compare them holistically. Both ways, Maul comes on top.
It doesn't matter if he had reached his full potential or not. If he had, he might have been as powerful as Ramage/Tenebrous or the likes. Among the late Banite line definitely, though not quite Sidious level. The fact is, he trained for longer than Bane and should have surpassed him even then.

ChocolateMuesli
Well, there is the way rockydonovang suggested. Considering that Maul's potential was way higher than Bane's and he had trained for way longer time, it makes solid sense for him to be at least significantly better than Bane.
I mean, there is no other way. You compare feats, and/or you compare them holistically. Both ways, Maul comes on top.
It doesn't matter if he had reached his full potential or not. If he had, he might have been as powerful as Ramage/Tenebrous or the likes. Among the late Banite line definitely, though not quite Sidious level. The fact is, he trained for longer than Bane and should have surpassed him even then.
If Maul was truly a Banite Sith, he would surpass Sidious when reaching his potential.

BlueTiger1144
If Maul was truly a Banite Sith, he would surpass Sidious when reaching his potential.
Not really. Sidious was a completely different case when choosing his apprentices, and chose Maul for different reasons. It just so happened that Maul was immensely strong. I think George Lucas said that Maul couldn't have surpassed Sidious. We also know that the only one who could have, is Anakin( later Luke, of course).
And enraged Kenobi gave a solid fight to Maul( he was losing though), despite Maul being more immersed in the dark side than him. Despite Kenobi being vastly inferior to Maul in terms of training, having vastly lesser resources of knowledge, having a vastly inferior Master. Under such conditions Maul's potential is closer to Kenobi's than it is to Sidious's. And we know Kenobi's potential isn't close to that of Sidious.
Then there is Talzin. Who despite having tremendous power on her homeworld(it is written in Starwars.com), only roughly stalemates Sidious. Her potential should be around the same as Maul's.
The reason Maul's potential is very likely that of the late Banite lineage members', is because Sidious wouldn't choose him at all for an apprentice if he had an infinitely lesser potential than himself( circa, Bane's potential, or the potential of early Banite members).

Darth Thor

And enraged Kenobi gave a solid fight to Maul( he was losing though), despite Maul being more immersed in the dark side than him. Despite Kenobi being vastly inferior to Maul in terms of training, having vastly lesser resources of knowledge, having a vastly inferior Master. Under such conditions Maul's potential is closer to Kenobi's than it is to Sidious's. And we know Kenobi's potential isn't close to that of Sidious.

It seemed Maul's potential was on par with Kenobi's even after he got sliced in 2. So it must have been higher originally. Maybe originally he had somewhere around Windu level force potential. Plus his potential physical abilities being a Zabrak, and potential for magic later on being Talzin's son, all together made Maul a great choice as a potential successor.

But yes even then his Force potential wouldn't be Vastly inferior to Palps, otherwise why choose him, why betray Talzin for him, and why consider him "a loss."

thesithmaster
It seemed Maul's potential was on par with Kenobi's even after he got sliced in 2. So it must have been higher originally. Maybe originally he had somewhere around Windu level force potential. Plus his potential physical abilities being a Zabrak, and potential for magic later on being Talzin's son, all together made Maul a great choice as a potential successor.

But yes even then his Force potential wouldn't be Vastly inferior to Palps, otherwise why choose him, why betray Talzin for him, and why consider him "a loss."

Nuh uh. Maul's potential as of TPM was ROTS Sidious or even ROTS Sidious+. It was stated Sidious raised Maul to be his successor.

BlueTiger1144

Didn't DarthAnt66 say that force potential is determined by the "concentration" of midichlorians in the cells, not the "amount"? Vader got burnt, so the concentration was affected. But as far as I know, there was no hype around Anakin's cut arm.
They have completely destroyed the legends continuity with the new canon. Even Leland Chee said that Maul did not lose power after his limbs were cut, so I don't think they were thinking about any of that at all.
Plus, Maul was magically enhanced by Talzin.
I think all of their potentials are comparable, with Windu>=Maul>=Obi Wan's potential. And all of their potential's being above Dooku's. And below Sidious's.
I didn't like the way they butchered Maul in Rebels at all. That is a huge detriment to the legends continuity, and honestly, now I don't care that much about the mix of Legends and Canon. Even in the TCW show, Obi Wan and Maul were evenly matched in everything. But then, they had to spoil all of that by making Maul's loss to him so humiliating. I would have argued for that, but Maul's growth after SoD doesn't seem to match Kenobi's at all, so the only explanation for that, as I have said, is that they have disregarded the Legends continuity completely.
Which is why I argue from TPM's perspective. While Obi Wan is enraged, Maul is still more immersed in the dark side, but Obi Wan comes into this fight itself with a huge disadvantage( in training, knowledge, everything), and gives a solid fight to Maul. That is why I have their potential somewhat equal.
I completely agree on the last paragraph, and good catch on why he would betray Talzin for Maul. I forgot that one completely.
But yeah, he doesn't have Sidious level potential. That is made obvious. The only beings with Sidious+ level potential are Anakin and Luke.

Zenwolf
and honestly, now I don't care that much about the mix of Legends and Canon.

It's pretty bunk to use them together anyway.

Darth Thor
Didn't DarthAnt66 say that force potential is determined by the "concentration" of midichlorians in the cells, not the "amount"? Vader got burnt, so the concentration was affected. But as far as I know, there was no hype around Anakin's cut arm.
They have completely destroyed the legends continuity with the new canon. Even Leland Chee said that Maul did not lose power after his limbs were cut, so I don't think they were thinking about any of that at all.
Plus, Maul was magically enhanced by Talzin.

And yet how much difference is there between all the Peak versions of Maul (TPM, SOD and Rebels)? Not much, and I'm pretty sure Ant agrees. Though that could be to do with Maul having to progress without Palpatine's tutelage.

But it was a similar situation with OT Vader compared to say Late TCW Anakin. In fact OT Vader was probably < Peak ROTS Anakin.

So it seems to be a slow progression after that kind of physical and mental trauma, which in effect deters potential.

Darth Thor

I didn't like the way they butchered Maul in Rebels at all. That is a huge detriment to the legends continuity, and honestly, now I don't care that much about the mix of Legends and Canon. Even in the TCW show, Obi Wan and Maul were evenly matched in everything. But then, they had to spoil all of that by making Maul's loss to him so humiliating. I would have argued for that, but Maul's growth after SoD doesn't seem to match Kenobi's at all, so the only explanation for that, as I have said, is that they have disregarded the Legends continuity completely.

Preach it bro.

But I believe their point is that Kenobi fulfilled his potential whereas Maul was limited by being "broken" and stuck in the past.

I don't recall anyone on Rebels hinting Kenobi actually had higher Force "potential" or that he was a more skilled swordsman than Maul.

It was all about their mindsets and personal growth.

Not that any of that justifies butchering Maul. I really wish Sidious killed him now in The Lawless or at the end of SOD.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.