Battle of Willpower

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
These characters are all stuck in a room by a fictional supreme being and they cannot leave until one every character has to submit to one the victor by willpower alone. Formidability has nothing to do with this thread.

Voldemort (Harry Potter)

Palpatine (Star Wars)

Viktor (Underworld)

Bavmorda (Willow)

Ravenna (Snow white and the Huntsmen)

Dr Will Hatch
I think I'm going to go with the vampire. Being immortal teaches you patience like nothing else.

Second place? Palpatine. He orchestrated a plot that was decades in the making. None of these other chumps have shown that level of planning.

NemeBro
What the **** does that have to do with willpower lol?

Silent Master
Tom Riddle loses.

the ninjak
Voldemort held himself together in Hell before being resurrected, gotta count for something.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by NemeBro
What the **** does that have to do with willpower lol?

It indicates that some one has the will power to stick on the path through all adversity and temptation to deviate, in order to see the plan thorough.

Also being able to will lightning at people is pretty impressive.
Willpower isn't just about quitting smoking and trying to fap only 5 or 6 times a day instead of 20.

ares834
Originally posted by the ninjak
Voldemort held himself together in Hell before being resurrected, gotta count for something.

Ummm... What?

No he didn't.

Silent Master
Originally posted by the ninjak

This isn't the fanfiction vs board.

the ninjak
I thought he stated after his resurrection that he did, when he was torturing Harry. Or something along the lines of "pain of death".

I think it was Goblet of Fire. Not an expert at all, barely paid attention to the films.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Silent Master
Tom Riddle loses. Based on what ?

Silent Master
Something you've never seen, IE the movies in question.

Estacado
Quan is riding Voldemort so hard it makes Thanos jealous...

Silent Master
Originally posted by Estacado
Quan is riding Voldemort so hard it makes Thanos jealous...

He does seem to like incompetent bad guys and Tom is one of the most pathetic in recent history.

quanchi112
Something you've never seen, IE the movies in question. What from the movies ? If you can't answer a simple question don't post your opinion, parasite.

He does seem to like incompetent bad guys and Tom is one of the most pathetic in recent history. How is he incompetent ? The villain always loses at the end of a fantasy epic. Try and live in the real world, parasite.

Silent Master
I don't think he made even one intelligent move in the entire series, the moron is one of the most incompetent bad guys in history.

quanchi112
I don't think he made even one intelligent move in the entire series, the moron is one of the most incompetent bad guys in history. So finding out bout horcruxes and how to create them, continually outwitting Dumbledore while he was in school, destroying the Ministry of Order after his return, and scaring the shit out of an entire world that lives and breathes magic is incompetent to you ?

This coming from the guy who likes Wonderman.

Silent Master
Finding out about horcruxes just shows that he's good at research, however his choice of objects and hiding places for sed objects shows that he was a moron.

Dumbledore is also a moron, I could spend all day listing his mistakes or bad ideas.

quanchi112
Finding out about horcruxes just shows that he's good at research, however his choice of objects and hiding places for sed objects shows that he was a moron.

Dumbledore is also a moron, I could spend all day listing his mistakes or bad ideas. So you basically don't like Harry Potter. That's all you had to say. You do realize the bad guy loses at the end of these movies right ?

So go ahead and begin listing the mistakes.

Silent Master
No, I liked the movies...that doesn't mean I'm going to give the characters a free pass for acting like morons.

quanchi112
No, I liked the movies...that doesn't mean I'm going to give the characters a free pass for acting like morons. He wasn't a moron. Morons don't spearhead and divide the magical community. Manipulating good people into divulging the secrets of the horcruz isn't stupidity either. You also said he's good at research. The material covering the horcruxes isn't something the students could look up so that's where intelligence comes into play.

Silent Master
Tom was a moron, just look at the idiotic plan he used to try and kill Harry as a baby...and he doesn't get any less idiotic during the series.

ares834
Don't undersell Voldemort. He managed to conquer Britian's wizards.

And there was nothing "idiotic" about his plan to kill Harry as a baby. Virtually no wizards in the series suggest they know anything about the power of love.

Silent Master
Originally posted by ares834
Don't undersell Voldemort. He managed to conquer Britian's wizards.

And there was nothing "idiotic" about his plan to kill Harry as a baby. Virtually no wizards in the series suggest they know anything about the power of love.

He knew that there was a prophecy regarding him and Harry and yet he chooses to go by himself and then try and use magic to kill the baby.

Someone that wasn't a moron would have taken several minions with him and ordered one of them to kill the baby.

ares834
He knew that there was a prophecy regarding him and Harry and yet he chooses to go by himself and then try and use magic to kill the baby.

Someone that wasn't a moron would have taken several minions with him and ordered one of them to kill the baby.

First, for Voldemort, this is personal and he does not want to his minions to mess it up. Hell, this was going to be his greatest triumph and he was going to use this kill to create his final horcrux.

Secondly, he only heard part of the prophecy, he did not hear the part about marking him as his equal nor did he hear that Harry will have power that he does not know about. He thought it would just be a baby and what threat would a baby pose to a wizard such as Voldemort?

Yes, Voldemort does make some stupid blunders in the series. But this wasn't one of them.

Silent Master
Originally posted by ares834
First, for Voldemort, this is personal and he does not want to his minions to mess it up. Hell, this was going to be his greatest triumph and he was going to use this kill to create his final horcrux.

Secondly, he only heard part of the prophecy, he did not hear the part about marking him as his equal nor did he hear that Harry will have power that he does not know about. He thought it would just be a baby and what threat would a baby pose to a wizard such as Voldemort?

Yes, Voldemort does make some stupid blunders in the series. But this wasn't one of them.

Making stupid decisions because something is personal is what morons do.

Dolos
Sauron.

quanchi112
Tom was a moron, just look at the idiotic plan he used to try and kill Harry as a baby...and he doesn't get any less idiotic during the series. So you mean by using the same killing curse which seemed to work on everything other than Harry this was idiotic ? You wouldn't last 5 minutes in the Harry Potter universe. His mother sacrificed her life. LOL. You just don't like Voldemort. It's plain to see.

Originally posted by Dolos
Sauron. He's not in this thread.

Silent Master
Tom acted like a moron, get over it.

quanchi112
Tom acted like a moron, get over it. No, he didn't. You haven't been able to give one example.

Silent Master
I've already listed an example.

quanchi112
I've already listed an example. Every example you have posted is moronic making your posts ironic. Only you would say Voldemort was a moron. Ask the director or the writer of the book if either think Voldemort was an idiot and what do you think their answer would be ?

Dr Will Hatch
To be honest, all Harry Potter characters except for Hermione and Dumbledore are morons. It's even supported in canon.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
To be honest, all Harry Potter characters except for Hermione and Dumbledore are morons. It's even supported in canon. No, they aren't. Prove it, kid.

Silent Master
To be honest, all Harry Potter characters except for Hermione and Dumbledore are morons. It's even supported in canon.

An argument can even be made for Dumbledore being a moron, just look at his track record for hiring Defense teachers.

Barty being able to pose as Mad Eye for an entire year being the worst example, seeing as Albus and Moody had known each other for years.

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by quanchi112
No, they aren't. Prove it, kid.

Read Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality. Then you'll know why.

Dr Will Hatch
An argument can even be made for Dumbledore being a moron, just look at his track record for hiring Defense teachers.

Barty being able to pose as Mad Eye for an entire year being the worst example, seeing as Albus and Moody had known each other for years.

To be fair, maybe those were the only choices available. The wizards only shit out like ten new kids a year. And there WAS a curse put on the Defense position by Voldemort so each instructor will only last one year.

But I do agree that DD isn't the brightest wizard I've seen on screen. I think of him like an idiot savant, like the guy in Rain Man.

quanchi112
Read Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality. Then you'll know why. We are discussing the movies here not the books as well.

Silent Master
Read Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality. Then you'll know why.

He has no common sense, Quan actually thinks that if you and an enemy are involved in an active prophecy, that it's a good idea to go after them alone and then try and directly attack them.

quanchi112
He has no common sense, Quan actually thinks that if you and an enemy are involved in an active prophecy, that it's a good idea to go after them alone and then try and directly attack them. This from the guy who thinks the bad wins at the ends of these movies. You need to get out and watch a movie from time to time. Voldemort was a genius but no matter what will lose at the end. In these epic fantasy films which reach their conclusion this is always the case.

Dr Will Hatch
He has no common sense, Quan actually thinks that if you and an enemy are involved in an active prophecy, that it's a good idea to go after them alone and then try and directly attack them.

Not only that, but Voldemort could have just shot him. wink

I love the HP series in general, it's what got me into fantasy, but what annoys me so much about the series is how the wizards think their SOOOO above muggles that won't even try and use our weapons. It's like that scene from Buffy where she kills a demon with a rocket launcher. The Ministry of Magic would probably shit their pants if they ever saw what a modern military looks like.

Silent Master
To be fair, maybe those were the only choices available. The wizards only shit out like ten new kids a year. And there WAS a curse put on the Defense position by Voldemort so each instructor will only last one year.

But I do agree that DD isn't the brightest wizard I've seen on screen. I think of him like an idiot savant, like the guy in Rain Man.

That's another thing, if the DADA teaching position is cursed you stop teaching that class.

Just create a dueling class and make care of magical creatures a mandatory class.

Dr Will Hatch
This from the guy who thinks the bad wins at the ends of these movies. You need to get out and watch a movie from time to time. Voldemort was a genius but no matter what will lose at the end. In these epic fantasy films which reach their conclusion this is always the case.

Specify what makes him a genius. He's inferred to be one, sure, but these informed attributes are coming from the same guys who can't even pronounce words like "electricity".

quanchi112
Not only that, but Voldemort could have just shot him. wink

I love the HP series in general, it's what got me into fantasy, but what annoys me so much about the series is how the wizards think their SOOOO above muggles that won't even try and use our weapons. It's like that scene from Buffy where she kills a demon with a rocket launcher. The Ministry of Magic would probably shit their pants if they ever saw what a modern military looks like. Did you see what the Deatheaters did to the bridge ? Yeah, the muggles would get annihilated by the wizards. They can shapeshift, teleport, etc. It'd be a massive stomp. They wouldn't know what the hell was going on.

You're like that guy in the audience who screams don't go into that room in a scary flick. That's what happens just like the good guys win in these films. Complain all you want we as the audience(well me since you obviously still don't get it) knows how it is going to play out in the end.

Dr Will Hatch
That's another thing, if the DADA teaching position is cursed you stop teaching that class.

Just create a dueling class and make care of magical creatures a mandatory class.

Good idea.

Maybe magic makes you dumb.

quanchi112
Specify what makes him a genius. He's inferred to be one, sure, but these informed attributes are coming from the same guys who can't even pronounce words like "electricity". Becoming the greatest/darkest wizard in a world of wizards. Amassing a following which threatens not only the wizarding world but the entire world. Figuring out a way to cheat death. Evading and then destroying the Ministry of Magic. These aren't things dumbasses could pull off. Give me a few examples of someone evil in a fantasy/sci fi film that's a genius.

Silent Master
Good idea.

Maybe magic makes you dumb.

IIRC didn't Tom find out that horcruxes exist from the Hogwarts Library and then went to a teacher to get more info?

Dr Will Hatch
Did you see what the Deatheaters did to the bridge ? Yeah, the muggles would get annihilated by the wizards. They can shapeshift, teleport, etc. It'd be a massive stomp. They wouldn't know what the hell was going on.

You're like that guy in the audience who screams don't go into that room in a scary flick. That's what happens just like the good guys win in these films. Complain all you want we as the audience(well me since you obviously still don't get it) knows how it is going to play out in the end.

eek! Yeah, when I saw that scene, I was like "WTF? That never happened in the book."

Wizards have a lot of advantages over muggles, but they also suffer from a crippling superiority complex. Never, in any of the movies do we see anyone carrying a gun(Mr. Dursley doesn't count since he's as big a retard as the wizards are). In fact, in the book at least, they're referred to as just metal wands. Wizards have no effing clue what they are or what muggles can do. When they try to do their little duels, they all get massacred by machine gun fire. Thread/

quanchi112
eek! Yeah, when I saw that scene, I was like "WTF? That never happened in the book."

Wizards have a lot of advantages over muggles, but they also suffer from a crippling superiority complex. Never, in any of the movies do we see anyone carrying a gun(Mr. Dursley doesn't count since he's as big a retard as the wizards are). In fact, in the book at least, they're referred to as just metal wands. Wizards have no effing clue what they are or what muggles can do. When they try to do their little duels, they all get massacred by machine gun fire. Thread/ They wouldn't just line up and take on jets and what not. They'd take over by controlling figureheads and letting loose chaos. There would be no way the muggles could even find them. It'd be hilarious to see them assault the regular world.

Dr Will Hatch
Becoming the greatest/darkest wizard in a world of wizards. Amassing a following which threatens not only the wizarding world but the entire world. Figuring out a way to cheat death. Evading and then destroying the Ministry of Magic. These aren't things dumbasses could pull off. Give me a few examples of someone evil in a fantasy/sci fi film that's a genius.

Palpatine from Star Wars(not counting ROTJ).

Ozymandias from Watchmen, if that counts as sci-fi.

David Xanatos from Gargoyles.

Khan from Star Trek.

Dr Doom from Fantastic Four.

Lex Luthor from Superman.

Light from Death Note(not a film, but still...)

Dr Will Hatch
IIRC didn't Tom find out that horcruxes exist from the Hogwarts Library and then went to a teacher to get more info?

Yeah, I think so. I know he went to the professor, but he first heard about them from someplace else. Books about Horcruxes are supposed to be blacklisted from the Hogwarts Library, but maybe that only happened after Voldemort rose to power.

Dr Will Hatch
They wouldn't just line up and take on jets and what not. They'd take over by controlling figureheads and letting loose chaos. There would be no way the muggles could even find them. It'd be hilarious to see them assault the regular world.

They effing duel in the movie, dude. They think guns are metal wands. Their superiority complex wouldn't allow them to do it any other way.

I'm with you on the fact that HP magic and it's potential is some siriusly(:P) scary power. But that power is only useful in a smart persons hands. Most wizards and witches in HP are complete tards. Face it.

Silent Master
Yeah, I think so. I know he went to the professor, but he first heard about them from someplace else. Books about Horcruxes are supposed to be blacklisted from the Hogwarts Library, but maybe that only happened after Voldemort rose to power.

Come to think of it, seeing as he was raised in an orphanage, the only place he could have come across the term was in Hogwarts. seeing as he made his first one while a student. I'd say that keeping books with that kind of info in a school full of children is a rather moronic thing to do.

Dr Will Hatch
Come to think of it, seeing as he was raised in an orphanage, the only place he could have come across the term was in Hogwarts. seeing as he made his first one while a student. I'd say that keeping books with that kind of info in a school full of children is a rather moronic thing to do.

It takes a lot to make Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters to look like the safer, more secure school, but Hogwarts manages to do it. stick out tongue

If I were a wizard, I wouldn't want to go there. Maybe visit, since it's a gorgeous castle in Scotland, but learn there? No way. I'll take my chances at home, thanks.

Silent Master
It takes a lot to make Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters to look like the safer, more secure school, but Hogwarts manages to do it. stick out tongue

If I were a wizard, I wouldn't want to go there. Maybe visit, since it's a gorgeous castle in Scotland, but learn there? No way. I'll take my chances at home, thanks.

The books make a few references about Beauxbatons having some male students, I'd rather go there.

I'd much rather hang around students like Fleur everyday than have to deal with the yearly plans of Tom and his minions

Robtard
Gotta go with Palpatine, he kept himself in check and control for years and years will he schemed, plotted and played people. Also, you know he wanted to man-love all over Anakin, but he controlled himself.

quanchi112
Palpatine from Star Wars(not counting ROTJ).

Ozymandias from Watchmen, if that counts as sci-fi.

David Xanatos from Gargoyles.

Khan from Star Trek.

Dr Doom from Fantastic Four.

Lex Luthor from Superman.

Light from Death Note(not a film, but still...) Palpatine made many critical errors ie. outed himself to Anakin as the sith lord which almost got him killed. Windu beat him. He also made a critical error when he was vulnerable for an attack from Yoda. What killed him was the worst. He really didn't foresee betrayal by the emotional whackjob Anakin while he was busy trying to murder his son.

I am not going after the others since they aren't in this thread. But come on Palpatine he was lucky to have survived.

Utrigita
Palpatine for the win imo.

Bardock42
Obviously Green Lantern. Silly question.

TheGodKiller
He read up all the relevant information regarding horcruxes from a book from the Restricted section of the library. Dumbledore later retrieved that book and kept it in his office, until Hermione stole it in order to learn more about what they were up against.

The only reason he went to Professor Slughorn was to clarify whether it was possible to make more than one horcrux or not, because that particular bit of info wasn't something he could find in the book.

Silent Master
Thanks for the confirmation.

quanchi112
They effing duel in the movie, dude. They think guns are metal wands. Their superiority complex wouldn't allow them to do it any other way.

I'm with you on the fact that HP magic and it's potential is some siriusly(:P) scary power. But that power is only useful in a smart persons hands. Most wizards and witches in HP are complete tards. Face it. No, they aren't. UIf they were tards the regular world would go after them. They don't. The wizards wreck the bridge but does anyone from the muggle world come a looking. No.Originally posted by Robtard
Gotta go with Palpatine, he kept himself in check and control for years and years will he schemed, plotted and played people. Also, you know he wanted to man-love all over Anakin, but he controlled himself. He begged for his own life.

wallman77
What does him begging for his life half to do with his thread? Lost. Anyway I'm gonna have to say viktor.

wallman77
Have*

Dr Will Hatch
No, they aren't. UIf they were tards the regular world would go after them. They don't. The wizards wreck the bridge but does anyone from the muggle world come a looking.

That's not how JKR wrote the story. Harry Potter wasn't about wizards vs muggles, it was just about wizards and their little insular society. They're good at hiding and have a memory erasure spell. So what? They still make frequent retarded decisions in every movie/book.

While the bridge scene is impressive, it won't mean jack when they're shot out of the air.

It's called acting. Palpatine was acting.

It was acting so obvious, if it fooled you than you must think Tommy Wiseau is a modern day Laurence Olivier.

quanchi112
Originally posted by wallman77
What does him begging for his life half to do with his thread? Lost. Anyway I'm gonna have to say viktor. The fact that Windu broke his will.

quanchi112
That's not how JKR wrote the story. Harry Potter wasn't about wizards vs muggles, it was just about wizards and their little insular society. They're good at hiding and have a memory erasure spell. So what? They still make frequent retarded decisions in every movie/book.

While the bridge scene is impressive, it won't mean jack when they're shot out of the air.

It's called acting. Palpatine was acting.

It was acting so obvious, if it fooled you than you must think Tommy Wiseau is a modern day Laurence Olivier. This isn't the book versions it's the movie versions. So quit bringing up the book versions since you're clearly confused about how the versus section actually does.

Retarded is outing yourself and then being destroyed in combat by Windu.

Retarded is being the master of the galaxy and leaving yourself open to an attack from one of two remaining jedi.

It's called begging. He was clearly begging for his life because he didn't want to die.

Dr Will Hatch
This isn't the book versions it's the movie versions. So quit bringing up the book versions since you're clearly confused about how the versus section actually does.

Retarded is outing yourself and then being destroyed in combat by Windu.

Retarded is being the master of the galaxy and leaving yourself open to an attack from one of two remaining jedi.

It's called begging. He was clearly begging for his life because he didn't want to die.

The books and the movies are, with a few exceptions, the exact same thing. But what does that have to do with my post? I was saying that there are no muggles who show up in HP except for Harry's relatives. There's no wizard vs muggle battle that ever takes place, so your precious Death Eaters have no feats.

Palpatine wasn't destroyed in combat. roll eyes (sarcastic) That's just plain wrong. You watched the movie wrong. He was acting.

And even if he was(he wasn't), it still beats getting killed by a kid like Voldemort was.

Utrigita
The books and the movies are, with a few exceptions, the exact same thing. But what does that have to do with my post? I was saying that there are no muggles who show up in HP except for Harry's relatives. There's no wizard vs muggle battle that ever takes place, so your precious Death Eaters have no feats.

The death Eaters from the books have feats, not in abundance but they have some. Harry mentions them in the fifth book.

quanchi112

Palpatine wasn't destroyed in combat. roll eyes (sarcastic) That's just plain wrong. You watched the movie wrong. He was acting.

And even if he was(he wasn't), it still beats getting killed by a kid like Voldemort was. Muggles have the same durability as people save their magical protections so it's not hard to figure out. We see what kind of power the deatheaters have and can use the feats against other mages. What's so hard to figure out ? You're supposed to be a doctor. Act like it.

You're ignoring the context behind his defeat. It's dishonest and you won't get away with it.

Getting tossed down a shaft some old dying Vader is pathetic. Begging for his life shows to me a lack of willpower.

Dr Will Hatch
The only things Wizards have going for them is magic(which nothing to sneeze at, mind you, but it's the only thing they have). Do you know why they have to hide instead of ruling us out in the open? Because we outnumber them. By a big f.ucking margin. An enormous margin, really. They are illiterate in everything that doesn't have to do with magic. If the magical economy worked with the muggle economy, the entire Wizarding World would be owned by a hedge fund manager in a week. Nobody apparently studies science, engineering, construction, philosophy, or anything really that doesn't involve practical uses of magic or keeping magic hidden from muggles. Hogwarts is essentially a trade school. They can't even pronounce ****ing words correctly that aren't in their immediate lexicon. They get scared of one f.ucking guy that goes on a killing spree to the point that they can't speak his name without s.hitting their pants. People were terrified of Osama Bin Laden or Hitler when they were alive, but weren't afraid of their names as if names have some intrinsic magical properties. They don't use any sort of tactics and have no cohesion when they are fighting. They get impressed that things like cars exist, and that they can run without magic. Hogwarts has been broken into multiple times, and no responsible parent would let their kids study there. In other words, except for Hermione(and Dumbledore), they're all effing stupid.

No, you are. ROTS was all about Palpatine's scheme coming into fruition. Do you really think that after decades of planning, he'd risk losing in a lightsaber fight? I know that book material doesn't count here in the Movie Versus Forum, but the novelization of ROTS(which was heavily influenced by the script) makes very clear that Palpatine is a superior Force user than every single Jedi except for Anakin Skywalker(Palps is even higher up the Force chain than Yoda is). It's also made clear than Palpatine was only pretending to lose to Mace Windu in order to trick Anakin into thinking the Jedi were trying to overthrow the Republic and make themselves the new ruling body. He was acting. Get over it. If you can't accept that, you're wrong.

Vader was dying? No he wasn't. You're confused. He was dying AFTER he dropped Palps down the shaft, when Palps fried him with Force Lightenng and f.ucked up Vader's life support armor.

quanchi112
The only things Wizards have going for them is magic(which nothing to sneeze at, mind you, but it's the only thing they have). Do you know why they have to hide instead of ruling us out in the open? Because we outnumber them. By a big f.ucking margin. An enormous margin, really. They are illiterate in everything that doesn't have to do with magic. If the magical economy worked with the muggle economy, the entire Wizarding World would be owned by a hedge fund manager in a week. Nobody apparently studies science, engineering, construction, philosophy, or anything really that doesn't involve practical uses of magic or keeping magic hidden from muggles. Hogwarts is essentially a trade school. They can't even pronounce ****ing words correctly that aren't in their immediate lexicon. They get scared of one f.ucking guy that goes on a killing spree to the point that they can't speak his name without s.hitting their pants. People were terrified of Osama Bin Laden or Hitler when they were alive, but weren't afraid of their names as if names have some intrinsic magical properties. They don't use any sort of tactics and have no cohesion when they are fighting. They get impressed that things like cars exist, and that they can run without magic. Hogwarts has been broken into multiple times, and no responsible parent would let their kids study there. In other words, except for Hermione(and Dumbledore), they're all effing stupid.

No, you are. ROTS was all about Palpatine's scheme coming into fruition. Do you really think that after decades of planning, he'd risk losing in a lightsaber fight? I know that book material doesn't count here in the Movie Versus Forum, but the novelization of ROTS(which was heavily influenced by the script) makes very clear that Palpatine is a superior Force user than every single Jedi except for Anakin Skywalker(Palps is even higher up the Force chain than Yoda is). It's also made clear than Palpatine was only pretending to lose to Mace Windu in order to trick Anakin into thinking the Jedi were trying to overthrow the Republic and make themselves the new ruling body. He was acting. Get over it. If you can't accept that, you're wrong.

Vader was dying? No he wasn't. You're confused. He was dying AFTER he dropped Palps down the shaft, when Palps fried him with Force Lightenng and f.ucked up Vader's life support armor. Is this rant of yours over yet ?

Magic would own the muggles. They can take control of key government figures. They can teleport. They can create mass chaos. They can go to where only mages can follow. The muggles would be annihilated. They won't need to pay anyone to do their dirty work since magic easily solves their problems. Magic is might.

The books don't count. This is a movie forum. How dare you.

Vader was dying after the lightning hit him. He was already weak and was fatally wounded despite Luke shrugging off a prolonged exposure to the lightning.

Voldemort's willpower was unquestionably outmatched. We can't say the same for Palpatine.

Robtard
No. He begged for his own life.

And? It would take a tremendous amount of will power to scheme and plot for years and years when the prize was literally the galaxy. Which he took. No one else here comes close to that, let alone match it.

Get off Voldermort's dick already, I know he's your favorite, but he can't be the best at everything.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
And? It would take a tremendous amount of will power to scheme and plot for years and years when the prize was literally the galaxy. Which he took. No one else here comes close to that, let alone match it.

Get off Voldermort's dick already, I know he's your favorite, but he can't be the best at everything. It did take hiding behind the scenes. Voldemort wasn't some trickster like Palpatine. He basically willed the weaklings to serve him. Palpatine fooled many and hid in the shadows. Then he was horribly scarred and begged. Voldemort never begged for his life. Ever. Voldemort died like a man. Palpatine died like a chump.

Robtard
Scheming and plotting and tricking and playing on a level that took control of an entire galaxy. Sorry, your favorite's tiny little antics of "willpower" againt a handful of people, many of them children and.or teens are but a few grains of sand compared to Palpatine's beach.

Favorites don't always win. Condolences; I am certain you can make a match that Voldermort wins. Say Voldermort Vs Cyrano de Bergerac Vs Pinocchio: shortest nose contest

Dr Will Hatch
Is this rant of yours over yet ?

Magic would own the muggles. They can take control of key government figures. They can teleport. They can create mass chaos. They can go to where only mages can follow. The muggles would be annihilated. They won't need to pay anyone to do their dirty work since magic easily solves their problems. Magic is might.

The books don't count. This is a movie forum. How dare you.

Vader was dying after the lightning hit him. He was already weak and was fatally wounded despite Luke shrugging off a prolonged exposure to the lightning.

Voldemort's willpower was unquestionably outmatched. We can't say the same for Palpatine.

Why do they hide?

A book working from the script, which IS canon.

Luke was being tortured, Vader got the insta-kill lightening.

Dr Will Hatch
Scheming and plotting and tricking and playing on a level that took control of an entire galaxy. Sorry, your favorite's tiny little antics of "willpower" againt a handful of people, many of them children and.or teens are but a few grains of sand compared to Palpatine's beach.

Favorites don't always win. Condolences; I am certain you can make a match that Voldermort wins. Say Voldermort Vs Cyrano de Bergerac Vs Pinocchio: shortest nose contest

yes

quanchi112

Favorites don't always win. Condolences; I am certain you can make a match that Voldermort wins. Say Voldermort Vs Cyrano de Bergerac Vs Pinocchio: shortest nose contest He was a politician who knew what buttons to press and when to press them. He was always secretive and never publicly came out as the sith lord that he was. He's basically a politician's wet dream. That's all.

If you watch the Harry Potter films you'd realize it wasn't just a handful of people. Hundreds of mages all with the same abilities. Voldemort was such a galvanizing force amongst his peers a great portion of them were afraid to even mutter his name. This is a contrast to the secretive Palpatine. That was the only thing going for him was the facade.

Sheer force of will is undoubtedly Voldemort. Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Why do they hide?

A book working from the script, which IS canon.

Luke was being tortured, Vader got the insta-kill lightening. The movies changed vital scenes. It isn't the same. You are really desperate. Sad.

Vader didn't instantly die and when he took his mask off that also sped up the process. He was old, tired, and mentally weak.

Robtard
He was a politician who knew what buttons to press and when to press them. He was always secretive and never publicly came out as the sith lord that he was. He's basically a politician's wet dream. That's all.

If you watch the Harry Potter films you'd realize it wasn't just a handful of people. Hundreds of mages all with the same abilities. Voldemort was such a galvanizing force amongst his peers a great portion of them were afraid to even mutter his name. This is a contrast to the secretive Palpatine. That was the only thing going for him was the facade.

Sheer force of will is undoubtedly Voldemort. The movies changed vital scenes. It isn't the same. You are really desperate. Sad.

He did come out to Anakin at precisely the right moment, in order to play him like a pawn. It was planned long before.

"Hundreds" is like a few grains of sand compared to the numbers Palpatine manipulated ie a galaxy full of people. Hahahahahaaaaa, towards the end of episode 3 his presence and influence galvanized a galactic Republic to submit to his will and cause; after Ep3, the whole of the galaxy was afraid of the Emperor. You just buried yourself trying to use those angles, you self defeatist.

LoL, no. Voldermort did nothing in comparison to Palpatine. Nothing. Which is what you have here trying to force a win for your favorite yet again. Nothing.

quanchi112
He did come out to Anakin at precisely the right moment, in order to play him like a pawn. It was planned long before.

"Hundreds" is like a few grains of sand compared to the numbers Palpatine manipulated ie a galaxy full of people. Hahahahahaaaaa, towards the end of episode 3 his presence and influence galvanized a galactic Republic to submit to his will and cause; after Ep3, the whole of the galaxy was afraid of the Emperor. You just buried yourself trying to use those angles, you self defeatist.

LoL, no. Voldermort did nothing in comparison to Palpatine. Nothing. Which is what you have here trying to force a win for your favorite yet again. Nothing. That's called manipulation. It isn't willpower. He almost died. He was horrible scarred due to the incident as well.

He was a politician. Of course he played the fools like a fiddle. He laid in wait like a coward. Voldemort made clear his intentions. Voldemort forced his will onto his peers. Palpatine cleverly had others destroy his jedi under false pretenses. That's called manipulation. He was scared of the jedi head on. He'd be scared of Voldemort as well he should.

He played most of the galaxy due to his cunning ways. After the jedi were basically wiped out only then did he display some of his real characteristics but by then he had too much political power. He hid behind this. Coward.

Voldemort didn't try running from Dumbledore. Palpatine initially tried to flee his confrontation with Yoda.

Robtard
That's called manipulation. It isn't willpower. He almost died. He was horrible scarred due to the incident as well.

He was a politician. Of course he played the fools like a fiddle. He laid in wait like a coward. Voldemort made clear his intentions. Voldemort forced his will onto his peers. Palpatine cleverly had others destroy his jedi under false pretenses. That's called manipulation. He was scared of the jedi head on. He'd be scared of Voldemort as well he should.

He played most of the galaxy due to his cunning ways. After the jedi were basically wiped out only then did he display some of his real characteristics but by then he had too much political power. He hid behind this. Coward.

Voldemort didn't try running from Dumbledore. Palpatine initially tried to flee his confrontation with Yoda.

It goes back to: "kept himself in check and control for years and years will he schemed, plotted and played people." So yes, it counts. Deal. As far as "almost died", Voldermort became disembodied and relied on others to bring him back. So that's another fail angle you've tried and it turned around to bite you on your twink ass.

LoL, Palpatine's plot was far more risky, it was galactic in scale. Voldermort didn't charge into Hogwarts solo blasting every wizards no more than Palpatine charged into the Jedi Temple solo. So once again, yet anther fail angle that betrays you.

You keep trying to use "show of power" as willpower. Stop.

quanchi112
It goes back to: "kept himself in check and control for years and years will he schemed, plotted and played people." So yes, it counts. Deal. As far as "almost died", Voldermort became disembodied and relied on others to bring him back. So that's another fail angle you've tried and it turned around to bite you on your twink ass.

LoL, Palpatine's plot was far more risky, it was galactic in scale. Voldermort didn't charge into Hogwarts solo blasting every wizards no more than Palpatine charged into the Jedi Temple solo. So once again, yet anther fail angle that betrays you.

You keep trying to use "show of power" as willpower. Stop. His will was so strong others did his bidding. That's actually a great point on willpower. Despite lacking a body his will still persevered.

Palpatine was lucky. He was lucky to survive against Windu. He was lucky he didn't die against Yoda. He was lucky Anakin wasn't merced by Obi. The guy is full of luck.

Voldemort came back and shoved his will down an entire world of people who shared his own abilities. Palpatine eradicated most of the jedi due to treachery because he knew his will was weak and couldn't stop them straight up. Voldemort wrecked his peers and struck fear into them. Palpatine feared the jedi.

Robtard
LoL, making others do your bidding isn't "will power"; if it is, then Palpatine once again curbstomps Voldermort in that category. He had thousands and thousands doing his bidding.

quanchi112
LoL, making others do your bidding isn't "will power"; if it is, then Palpatine once again curbstomps Voldermort in that category. He had thousands and thousands doing his bidding. It's forcing your will on them. He wasn't in a position of power like Palpatine was. It's much easier to force your will when you have jockeyed yourself into a position of power. Voldemort did so without even having a man body. Palpatine would beg Voldemort to spare him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.