Off with his head?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
Can Fash decapitate Wolverine, Ultron V, Sabastian Shaw, Colossus, or Destroyer with an IMP?

Endless Mike
Fash?

Eternal Idol
Shaw for sure, but I'd say the rest stay intact.

ThereIsHope
Would be interesting to see the Flash try to decapitate some of these guys at full power.

Endless Mike
I've always been of the opinion that since Antarctic Vibranium can use some kind of weird vibrations to destroy adamantium, Flash's vibration powers could do something similar.

pym-ftw
Sure,

But how would he determined the frequency?

sCOURGE_0
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Sure,

But how would he determined the frequency? He may be able to vibrate at different frequencies, for him to try a million different frequencies would take like..a second

pym-ftw
There is an infinite number of frequencies...
geek

Endless Mike
Just mix a bunch of frequencies and go with what works. I'm sure that there must be some kind of vibration hax besides the precise frequency of antarctic vibranium that will work, after all adamantium is vulnerable to molecular alteration/transmutation and Flash's vibrations could make molecules dance the hula if he wanted them to.

Zack Fair
Speed Force tells him which frequency to use.

What? Can totally see it happening with how ridiculous the SF is.

pym-ftw
I guess any freq. past antarctic vibranium should work, but frequencies don't act as a linear infinite loop thus without prior knowledge it can't be brought up as a viable tactic in combat...

Though it is a slim possibility
geek

Mindset
What does Flash vibrating have to do with imp, anyway?

sCOURGE_0
Originally posted by pym-ftw
There is an infinite number of frequencies...
geek I didn't say it was full proof, just that he can get lucky and hit the right one.

basilisk
Originally posted by sCOURGE_0
He may be able to vibrate at different frequencies, for him to try a million different frequencies would take like..a second
One problem is that frequency is a measure per unit time, so that strategy may be kind of difficult. A million different frequencies in a second means a millionth of a second for each test. So he can't really be testing frequencies like a million per second or less in 1/millionth of a second. The destructive frequency might be 300,000 per second.

And even if the key frequency is more than a million per second, say 10 or 100 million per second (10 or 100 cycles in 1 the one millionth of a second) then it probably is not going to have an effect in one millionth of a second. It might take a couple of seconds and hundreds of cycles to even notice any effect. It also requires sufficient energy to have an effect. It could take days to test millions of frequencies.

And yeah, there are infinite frequencies, it could be something like exactly 1,009,855.7555555555558 per second.

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Speed Force tells him which frequency to use.

Now this I can see, comic book physics FTW. Flash must have some way of measuring and reproducing all these frequencies he uses. I guess the SF allows him to sense this stuff. It might work directly or he might be able to sense the resonant frequency of adamantium by doing a test punch on Ultron and checking the vibrations it produces. When he has that he may be able to cut through adamantium vibrationally.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I've always been of the opinion that since Antarctic Vibranium can use some kind of weird vibrations to destroy adamantium, Flash's vibration powers could do something similar. I said IMP, not frequency vibrations.

Brockalizer
I could see it working on Destroyer. I'd love to see Shaw take a hit like that. I've always thought he has great potential, but just needs a decent writer. Kinda like Darkseid.

h1a8
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Can Flash decapitate Wolverine, Ultron V, Sabastian Shaw, Colossus, or Destroyer with an IMP?

Flash doesn't kill so no we won't.
But can he?

Certainly! The potential of the IMP is limitless. He can gain as much mass as he wants by just getting even more closer to the speed of light.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by h1a8
Flash doesn't kill so no we won't.
But can he?

Certainly! The potential of the IMP is limitless. He can gain as much mass as he wants by just getting even more closer to the speed of light. Ultron and Destroyer aren't technically alive so the is no more immoral than breaking a toaster. That beong said I could see it working on Destroyer before Ultron. Ultron seems to have a more consistent durability IMO.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.