Clark vs Steve

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
Clark Kent, no super powers
VS
Steve Rogers, no shield or Super Soldier Serum

STIPUATIONS: Both get blue and green power rings. Both get one year of prep.

sCOURGE_0
Clark doesn't technically have super powers

Lord Feron
Clark because i feel like he is alot more familiar with the power rings since it's from his reality and steve would have to start out with no knowledge. Should give Clark a solid headstart to win in a fight.

ColossusGrundy
If the fight did not end quickly, I give the edge to Steve due to his military training and strength of will.

Silent Master
Originally posted by sCOURGE_0
Clark doesn't technically have super powers

Right; because flight, superspeed, superstrength and the ability to fire heat vision out of your eyes aren't powers.

sCOURGE_0
Originally posted by Silent Master
Right; because flight, superspeed, superstrength and the ability to fire heat vision out of your eyes aren't powers. It must be sooo hard for you to function in the world without a third grade education

I'll try to talk slow so you can understand

Superspeed, strength, flight, heat vision, xray, freeze breath

Those are natural abilities for Kryptonians

Just like speed, strength, flight, telepathy, shape shifting,

Those are natural abilities for Martians

Do us all a favor and have your parents proof read what you type before posting, thanks..

ColossusGrundy
It must be sooo hard for you to function in the world without a third grade education

I'll try to talk slow so you can understand

Superspeed, strength, flight, heat vision, xray, freeze breath

Those are natural abilities for Kryptonians

Just like speed, strength, flight, telepathy, shape shifting,

Those are natural abilities for Martians

Do us all a favor and have your parents proof read what you type before posting, thanks..

Those are not natural abilities for Kryptonians. Those are by a reaction to our yellow sun's radiation, almost like an allergic reaction.

It is entirely possible that a story be written that humans travel somewhere where a similarly unusual radiation produce the same reaction in them.

Please be a little less of an ass before being condescending when you're WRONG, thanks...

Silent Master
Sorry to burst your bubble, but even DC comics considers them powers.

http://www.dccomics.com/characters/superman

sCOURGE_0
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Those are not natural abilities for Kryptonians. Those are by a reaction to our yellow sun's radiation, almost like an allergic reaction.

It is entirely possible that a story be written that humans travel somewhere where a similarly unusual radiation produce the same reaction in them.

Please be a little less of an ass before being condescending when you're WRONG, thanks... Those ARE natural abilities because absorbing yellow sun light IS a natural ability for Kryptonians.

I'd be more than happy to be less condescending if it were someone else and not Silent Master who's still asshurt because I embarrassed him on another thread and this being his attempt to settle a score

Thanks for your input anyway,.

sCOURGE_0
Sorry to burst your bubble, but even DC comics considers them powers.

http://www.dccomics.com/characters/superman Comic book lingo

Silent Master
Like I've pointed out, even DC comics considers them powers.

sCOURGE_0
And like I've stated it's comic lingo, I'm speaking as a technicality.
Try not to think about it though, I know how bad thinking hurts your poor little brain

Silent Master
DC comics considers them powers and seeing as Superman is a DC character, their opinion is the only one that matters.

-Pr-
Guys, back on topic. Putting each other on ignore might also be good.

Silent Master
I've not insulted him or reacted to any of his insults, I thought that I was being rather polite.

As for the topic, I think on average Steve trains harder than Clark does, so he should have the skill advantage by the end of the year.

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by -Pr-
Guys, back on topic. Putting each other on ignore might also be good.

Agreed. Too much BS in the threads, I just called some crap like i saw it. Someone being an ass for the fun of it.

BTW I still stick with Steve for the win. Clark's inner strength I think originates from his outer strength and isolation from it.

-Pr-
I've not insulted him or reacted to any of his insults, I thought that I was being rather polite.

As for the topic, I think on average Steve trains harder than Clark does, so he should have the skill advantage by the end of the year.

I was speaking generally.

==

Assuming this is post reboot, then I'm not sure. Probably Cap.

Preboot, Clark wipes the floor with him.

Silent Master
I was speaking generally.

==

Assuming this is post reboot, then I'm not sure. Probably Cap.

Preboot, Clark wipes the floor with him.

Fair enough.

I was thinking the fight would end up being rather close, as Clark has more exp fighting with that level of power, but Steve's obsessive nature when it comes to training would go a long way to closing the gap.

-Pr-
I'm sure Steve would put up a fight, but preboot Kal had, even without powers, used a ring almost casually. Hal even tried to convince him to be a Lantern.

Brockalizer
IMO based on feats of bravery, willpower, and inspiring hope Steve would wipe the floor with Clark. Steve's bravery is legendary, even on Olympus.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Brockalizer
IMO based on feats of bravery, willpower, and inspiring hope Steve would wipe the floor with Clark. Steve's bravery is legendary, even on Olympus. Superman is what Steve wants to be when he grows up. Only thing I'd give him over Superman is bravery and Kal might be up there with him in that category.

Mshinu
This will be Drill Instructor Rogers takin Kal to boot camp.

-Pr-
IMO based on feats of bravery, willpower, and inspiring hope Steve would wipe the floor with Clark. Steve's bravery is legendary, even on Olympus.

So let's just forget about all the inspiring shit Superman did, then.

Brockalizer
So let's just forget about all the inspiring shit Superman did, then. I didn't say he didn't have any, just that I think Steve's are better. Doesn't take much to inspire mere mortals. Inspiring Gods is a different story. Clark wouldn't far much better than the Hulk in the eyes of Zeus.

-Pr-
Clark has inspired the gods. And the guardians.

Even the quintessence respects and admires him.

Zack Fair

Even the quintessence respects and admires him. thumb up

iceman24567
IMO based on feats of bravery, willpower, and inspiring hope Steve would wipe the floor with Clark. Steve's bravery is legendary, even on Olympus. Uh you are joking right? Superman is a mirror image of Cap when it comes to willpower, bravery ect. Cap isnt wiping the floor with Clark in those areas

iceman24567

Even the quintessence respects and admires him. This. They consider him an equal.

SquallX

You do know because of who Superman is, Asgard themselves came to him and ask for help? Where he and Diana spent a 1000 fighting a war.

I forgot which being it was, but Superman was ask to be a Universal being at one point. The being told him he could do so much good for the Universe if he transcended to a higher level of power, but Kal refused at the end.

Nothing Steve done, that Superman hasn't done and more.

iceman24567
Originally posted by SquallX
You do know because of who Superman is, Asgard themselves came to him and ask for help? Where he and Diana spent a 1000 years fighting a war. Corrected just so he knows how boss Kal is

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Superman is what Steve wants to be when he grows up. Only thing I'd give him over Superman is bravery and Kal might be up there with him in that category.

Lol wouldn't go that far. When it comes to all the golden boy, best humanity has to offer traits, I'd say Clark and Steve would be tied. Can't really think of anyone else that comes close to them.

SquallX
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Lol wouldn't go that far. When it comes to all the golden boy, best humanity has to offer traits, I'd say Clark and Steve would be tied. Can't really think of anyone else that comes close to them.

I would always give Clark the up in legendary moments of inspiration over Steve anytime, while not taking away from Steve's moments.

By the way nice sig. When Power Rangers was the shit.

JayDaDon
Honestly, I have to put cap on the same level because 1. He's takes that same honored position in Marvel that Supes does in DC. And 2. He's not nearly as powerful as Superman. He's (for the most part)in alot more danger staring death in the face. And he'll still do it everytime. Compared to the guys he inspires, he's just a human. Superman may inspire gods too, but c'mon, Steve is a human being inspiring gods. That (in my book) counts for so much more. I know everyone won't feel the same though stick out tongue

@Squall, Thanks, I'm pretty happy with how the sig turned out.

SquallX
Honestly, I have to put cap on the same level because 1. He's takes that same honored position in Marvel that Supes does in DC. And 2. He's not nearly as powerful as Superman. He's (for the most part)in alot more danger staring death in the face. And he'll still do it everytime. Compared to the guys he inspires, he's just a human. Superman may inspire gods too, but c'mon, Steve is a human being inspiring gods. That (in my book) counts for so much more. I know everyone won't feel the same though stick out tongue

@Squall, Thanks, I'm pretty happy with how the sig turned out.

I can understand the whole human aspect, and that's why i don't take anything from him. Whether he inspires humans or Gods.

Kal himself don't just inspire humans or Gods, he inspires Planets, whole Universes. He's feats are legendary. Darkseid hates Superman, but he has a respect for him that he's one of the few beings he's yet to break. He even aspires the Dog Of War himself.

Powerful beings wants him to join there ranks because of who he is, and once the ships are down, everyone looks to him to be there and inspires them to get up and give that extra push.

Brockalizer

Even the quintessence respects and admires him. A God like character routinly overpowering opponents far beneath him and inspiring heroes that aren't much more than insects by comparison to follow his lead is not as inspiring a mortal, a runt nonetheless, over coming adversity, and routinely going head to head (regardless of the risk to himself) with adversaries far above his power level, while inspiring the respect and loyalty of heroes and beings that could kill him with minimal effort.

iceman24567
A God like character routinly overpowering opponents far beneath him and inspiring heroes that aren't much more than insects by comparison to follow his lead is not as inspiring a mortal, a runt nonetheless, over coming adversity, and routinely going head to head (regardless of the risk to himself) with adversaries far above his power level, while inspiring the respect and loyalty of heroes and beings that could kill him with minimal effort. Hahah nope. Superman inspired a dynasty of superheroes thousands of years in the future. As far as the aspects you mention Cap isnt above Superman face it

iceman24567
Plus the fact that Superman has shone time and time again that he is willing to sacrifice himself for beings that are ants in comparison speaks volumes about his will and bravery.

SquallX
One thing i think both sides can agree upon, it's that both characters are an inspiration to others, whether one is better than the other is at the end just depends on who you personally likes the best.

cdtm

Even the quintessence respects and admires him.

The Wizard Shazams respect was enough, that he not only allowed him an audience, but let him deliver a verbal tongue lashing and kept his manners.. And the Wizard is usually a major *******. He doesn't even allow Captain Marvel to give him lip.

sCOURGE_0
Cap isn't in the same ballpark as Clark when it comes to willpower, inspiration, or in bravery.

Cap is kind of an *******, instead of talking to Cyclops he stormed an island with 2 Hellicarriers full of mutants so they can take Hope by force

He's quit being Captain America several times, the most notable example in his first volume when he couldn't get into Sharon Carters pants, he threw a fit and quit.

People talking about how Superman is powerful, when you routinely face guys like Doomsday, Zod, Bizzaro, Henshaw, Darkseid, Parasite, Mongul etc...it kind of balances out when Cap routinely faces guys like Red Skull, Crossbones, Batroc, Winter Soldier, Baron Zemo etc etc

Hell even when you look at Superman's human enemies, Lex Luthor is a bigger threat to the world than Cap's entire rogue gallery combined

Cap is to Superman what Spiderman is to Cap, Cap would probably beg Superman to be his sidekick.

JayDaDon
To be fair, Clark has his dick moments too, so that may not be the best way to go about it...

sCOURGE_0
Nothing compared to the shit Cap pulled in AvX.

To be honest if Clark was in Marvel, Cap would probably be out of a job

Silent Master
http://www.superdickery.com/

Uriel005
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy

Please be a little less of an ass before being condescending when you're WRONG, thanks... to be fair its actually a biological function of all kryptonians as a baseline in yellow sunlight. If one/few people have the powers its a superpower imo, if the entire species is capable of it, its natural biology.

My thinking is like this, humans have an advanced ability beyond most animals in that we have a thumb allowing us a greater manual dexterity and the ability to manipulate the world around us. I wouldn't call it a superpower despite the fact that coupled with a more advanced brain it allowed us to be the dominant species on the planet.

sCOURGE_0
Originally posted by Uriel005
to be fair its actually a biological function of all kryptonians as a baseline in yellow sunlight. If one/few people have the powers its a superpower imo, if the entire species is capable of it, its natural biology.

My thinking is like this, humans have an advanced ability beyond most animals in that we have a thumb allowing us a greater manual dexterity and the ability to manipulate the world around us. I wouldn't call it a superpower despite the fact that coupled with a more advanced brain it allowed us to be the dominant species on the planet. ding ding ding

iceman24567
^ The phuck a mod already said move on and stay relevant you people are the reason why the Ownage thread keeps getting closed

JayDaDon
Nothing compared to the shit Cap pulled in AvX.

To be honest if Clark was in Marvel, Cap would probably be out of a job

One example of terrible writing doesn't change the fact that cap is a pillar of inspiration nearly interchangable with clark.

Mindset
Originally posted by Uriel005
to be fair its actually a biological function of all kryptonians as a baseline in yellow sunlight. If one/few people have the powers its a superpower imo, if the entire species is capable of it, its natural biology.

My thinking is like this, humans have an advanced ability beyond most animals in that we have a thumb allowing us a greater manual dexterity and the ability to manipulate the world around us. I wouldn't call it a superpower despite the fact that coupled with a more advanced brain it allowed us to be the dominant species on the planet. Yes, and I have super strength on the moon, who gives a shit.

sCOURGE_0
One example of terrible writing doesn't change the fact that cap is a pillar of inspiration nearly interchangable with clark. It isn't terrible writing, Cap has always used force when his diplomatic skills failed, the only problem is he had the Avengers storm Utopia without even trying to talk Cyclops into giving Hope up. Cyclops was absolutely right also, Cap never gave two sh*ts about the mutant race until he needed something.

He's also quit being Captain America on about 3 occassions, 2 of them for menial reasons, he couldn't get laid and on another he was used by Nick Fury, he essentially cries when he doesn't get his way.

If you put Cap side by side with Clark, no one would even pay attention to him. If you threw Clark into Marvel, Cap would literally be irrelevant because the one thing he can do, someone would be able to do much better. They'd beg Clark to lead the Avengers and Cap would literally beg Clark to let him stay on the team.

Inspirational my ass, that must explain why his team fell apart and took over 6 years to re establish themselves again =/

iceman24567
It isn't terrible writing, Cap has always used force when his diplomatic skills failed, the only problem is he had the Avengers storm Utopia without even trying to talk Cyclops into giving Hope up. Cyclops was absolutely right also, Cap never gave two sh*ts about the mutant race until he needed something.

He's also quit being Captain America on about 3 occassions, 2 of them for menial reasons, he couldn't get laid and on another he was used by Nick Fury, he essentially cries when he doesn't get his way.

If you put Cap side by side with Clark, no one would even pay attention to him. If you threw Clark into Marvel, Cap would literally be irrelevant because the one thing he can do, someone would be able to do much better. They'd beg Clark to lead the Avengers and Cap would literally beg Clark to let him stay on the team.

Inspirational my ass, that must explain why his team fell apart and took over 6 years to re establish themselves again =/ This post just smells of hate

sCOURGE_0
Just the facts. I like Cap but he's severely overrated on this forum.

iceman24567
Just the facts. I like Cap but he's severely overrated on this forum. The same could be said of many characters including Superman so you arent saying much no expression

-Pr-
Cyclops wasn't exactly on solid ground either, tbh.

iceman24567
Cyclops wasn't exactly on solid ground either, tbh. Understatement of the year

sCOURGE_0
Originally posted by iceman24567
The same could be said of many characters including Superman so you arent saying much no expression I'm speaking from personel experience, I haven't seen Supes get overrated this much yet....

iceman24567
I'm speaking from personel experience, I haven't seen Supes get overrated this much yet.... You must be blind then

sCOURGE_0
You must be blind then No, I've been on one thread involving Superman and like 4 involving Cap, 2 of them Cap got wanked to hell and back.

cdtm
Understatement of the year

Hey, it's not like he threatened to cut off someones head and hide the body. smile

Cyke was only trying to do right by his people, and willing to risk the genocide of the entire human race to do it. Cap had no business sticking his nose in, clearly! http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon7.gif

iceman24567
Originally posted by cdtm
Hey, it's not like he threatened to cut off someones head and hide the body. smile

Cyke was only trying to do right by his people, and willing to risk the genocide of the entire human race to do it. Cap had no business sticking his nose in, clearly! http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon7.gif You are right of course my mistake sad

cdtm
Cyclops wasn't exactly on solid ground either, tbh.

He was totally insane.

You can argue Cap and company possibly made things worse in trying to defeat Phoenix, but Cyke was just sticking his head in the sand and telling Cap (And the rest of the Avengers, and Logan) to stuff their very real concerns about the gamble he was taking.

And somewhat related, are you into manga? I've been reading this lesser known series called Ga Rei, and it has a moment that's an almost perfect analogy to AvsX, where this woman tries to absorb and control a powerful 9 tailed Kyuubi called Naraku, that can control reality and basically do anything the user can think of. IF she could control it..

And wouldn't you know it, she couldn't, and the demon thing went on a rampage, and threatened to engulf a good chunk of Japan, and very quickly the world. big grin

That's what could happen when you gamble the fate of humanity on maybe, possibly being able to control a cosmic force of destructive potential..

-Pr-
laughing out loud

I don't read it, but sounds a little familiar yes.

Uriel005

@Squall, Thanks, I'm pretty happy with how the sig turned out. Supes probably the greater inspiration but its more on character achievements and Cap simply cant compete their because of his human limitations. In fact I find superman all the more inspiring considering the fact that in his story lines he could make himself god of mankind, make himself to be that superior man who strongarms humanity into being better but doesn't. He hears the whole of human suffering and the whole of human good. Granted he filters it out but he does experience it. Knowing the depths of human depravity must be so incredibly depressing its amazing that he doesn't throw up his arms and take over. He trusts mankind to be better than that and does right by humans by letting them make their own mistakes.

Not to take anything away from Steve at all mind you. Thor looks up to him and Odin looks at him as the son he always wanted and wishes Thor would take a page out of Steves book or Steve would just out and out take Thor's place.

Caps Conscience
Cap would slap supes around in this scenario.

Diesldude
superman is said to have the greatest will in creation, more familiarity/experience with the rings. Superman finishes it while cap is still wondering what they do.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by SquallX
One thing i think both sides can agree upon, it's that both characters are an inspiration to others, whether one is better than the other is at the end just depends on who you personally likes the best. Sounds fair.

Daredevil1
I know it's not a green lantern ring. But in Bru's run he had to use the Nova force Steve practically mastered it on the first try. Iirc Nova force fans cried foul as that should have taken many months as other users but Steve is that good at adapting or using something new.

Steve did the same during avengers volume 3 Kang arch. I wouldn't be surprised if Steve inspired Supes himself to be honest.

cdtm
Originally posted by Diesldude
superman is said to have the greatest will in creation, more familiarity/experience with the rings. Superman finishes it while cap is still wondering what they do.

Abin picked Hal, not Superman.

Silent Master

cdtm
The only times I've read Superman using a GL ring, were in an Elseworlds, where he overpowers Guy Gardners will and reassembles the ring around his own finger (The fact he overpowered Gardners will proves this is a non canon story!), and a story in Superman where a giant alien abducts Hal with the help of Dreadnaut and Psi Phon. Superman doesn't actually wear the ring, but he helps Guy and Hal charge up the aliens ship, claiming he's not used to this willpower stuff (Implying this wasn't an easy task for him.)

Another thing, how easy the ring is to use is variable, and doesn't seem entirely based on will power.. Oliver Queen has will enough to step out of a hospital bed, on shaky feet, and fight for the life of his son against Onomatopoeia. His willpower is evident from his deeds. Yet, he can barely create a ring construct?

Yet a guy like Jack T. Chance can contend with Lobo. I like Jack and all, but there's not much reason to believe his willpower is > Oliver Queens, except for the fact he can use a ring easier..

-Pr-
Superman also used one in Up, Up and Away.

SquallX
Originally posted by cdtm
Abin picked Hal, not Superman.

What does that prove?

being far more powerful has ask Kal to joined there ranks, he just refuses because he would probably have to leave the Earth if he did.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.