Great Unsolved Comic Mysteries

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
hey gang,

i know this will be moved to the comicbook forum soon, but figured more would see it here to get the ball started. anywho, in light of this writers challenge, i've been trying to think of a story arc to put together. then i thought, "hey, leo, why don't you just ask the forum what THEY'D like to see!"

i've been trying to think of some unresolved, unsolved mysteries in comics that i might try and tackle. i REALLY like the whole--who sunk atlantis idea in aquaman. i couldn't believe no one tackled it before! so...what are some things that you'd like to see explained? who are some characters that you think might be worth writing about? maybe YOUR ideas will spark one in me. appreciate the assist. if it reaches print i'll be sure to name you in the dedication. laughing out loud

smile

Endless Mike
Not sure what the deal is in the Aquaman comics, but as for who sunk Atlantis? According to Plato's original work, it was Zeus. Would that work in the comic?

Blair Wind
Leo, I guess Johns is retconning the whole thing because DC covered that in the Atlantis Chronicles.

Anyway, good luck with this. thumb up

TheGodKiller
Hulk's pants.

TheGodKiller
On a more serious note, Franklin Richards and his aging issues.

Parmaniac
Who can KO Wolveirne. Besides Spider-Man of course.

comicfan11
I'd like to see a return of DC's heaven/hell structure but made in a more "DC" than "Vertigo" way.

Neron oneshoting Blaze, Satanus and Etrigan and then try to take it to Luci.
But not like the cr@p in Reign in hell.
Throw in Asmodel, Phantom Stranger, Rama Kushna, Spectre, Olympians and New Gods and you have a whole hierarchy waiting to be explored (and not like the unbelievable FAIL that was War of the Gods).

A fight that shakes the whole DCnU.
And also how aliens (like Durlans) perceive this kind of power in contrast to the humans.

As for Atlantis, check Atlantis Chronicles, one of DC's best mini series ever and a personal favorite of PAD.

leonidas
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Leo, I guess Johns is retconning the whole thing because DC covered that in the Atlantis Chronicles.

Anyway, good luck with this. thumb up

really? cool. i had no idea it had been covered in the past. thumb up we'll see what people come up with. smile

leonidas
Originally posted by comicfan11
I'd like to see a return of DC's heaven/hell structure but made in a more "DC" than "Vertigo" way.

Neron oneshoting Blaze, Satanus and Etrigan and then try to take it to Luci.
But not like the cr@p in Reign in hell.
Throw in Asmodel, Phantom Stranger, Rama Kushna, Spectre, Olympians and New Gods and you have a whole hierarchy waiting to be explored (and not like the unbelievable FAIL that was War of the Gods).

A fight that shakes the whole DCnU.
And also how aliens (like Durlans) perceive this kind of power in contrast to the humans.

As for Atlantis, check Atlantis Chronicles, one of DC's best mini series ever and a personal favorite of PAD.

yeah, i'd like that too, but that's a tall order for this little writing task. it would take a huge, multi-part x-over to fully deal with dc's disastrous cosmology. maybe they'll handle it better in the new 52. i've liked the phantom stranger book for the most part but haven't completely gotten into jl dark yet, but i plan to soon. maybe exploring one of their magical characters might be something to consider though....

Blair Wind
JLD got good once Milligan left and Lemire took over in issue 09. At least IMO.

A magical character would be a good idea thumb up

comicfan11
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, i'd like that too, but that's a tall order for this little writing task. it would take a huge, multi-part x-over to fully deal with dc's disastrous cosmology. maybe they'll handle it better in the new 52. i've liked the phantom stranger book for the most part but haven't completely gotten into jl dark yet, but i plan to soon. maybe exploring one of their magical characters might be something to consider though....

JLD has gotten better with some nice twists and ties to the wider DCU.
PS is also good and I'm waiting for the meeting with Spectre.

Brockalizer
Nebula's origin, did Death's most devoted worshipper really sire offspring?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.