Huk, Thor, Superman, Drax: feat vs feat vs feat vs feat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
Probably been done already, but I'm too lazy to look.
Based on these feats, who would win in an arm wrestling tournament and in what order?

1. Superman benching the Earth
2. Thor lifting Midgard Serpent
3. Drax ripping a star core in two
4. Hulk tearing adamantium effortlessly

golem370
Feats Drax

Diesldude
1- how is dispersing hot gas a strength feat?

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Diesldude
1- how is dispersing hot gas a strength feat? A star is gas, but the core is solid. Lois once asked why she couldn't lift a key laying around in the Fortress of Solitude, and Clark told her that as a security precaution it was made out of matter from the core of a star and that he was the only person on Earth that could lift it.

carver9
Adamantium and the star ft. Ripping something indestructible is more impressive imo.

h1a8
Originally posted by Brockalizer
A star is gas, but the core is solid. Lois once asked why she couldn't lift a key laying around in the Fortress of Solitude, and Clark told her that as a security precaution it was made out of matter from the core of a star and that he was the only person on Earth that could lift it.

That was a neutron star or something worse in All Star Superman.
Imagine a few solar masses in the size of Brooklyn

The Sun's core isn't solid, it's made of hot dense gas in the plasmic state.
So Drax's feat wasn't purely strength but some type of energy manipulation.

Superman moving the Earth in the Starbreaker issue was better than benchpressing the Earth. Superman supplied more than 50 Earth weights of Force.

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
Adamantium and the star ft. Ripping something indestructible is more impressive imo.

Adamantium isn't indestructible. It has been damaged before.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by h1a8
Adamantium isn't indestructible. It has been damaged before. Actually it was retconned as secondary adamantium IIRC, so not quite as durable as primary adamantium. My bad.

Mshinu
I think the Midgard Serpent feat is more impressive since Thor not only lifted it but broke it`s grip on earth.

Drax`s feat doesn`t really make sense (ripping a star apart??), but if you accept it then the feat is waaaay beyond the others.

-Pr-
I wouldn't have used that feat for Superman, tbh.

bluewaterrider
Based on the feats, who would win in an arm wrestling tournament and in what order?

Based on what you have:

1. Drax ripping a star core in two

I'd have to see this, but, presuming that the core is something incredibly dense and solid (permitting Drax to grab hold of it to begin with), separating something like that against untold billions of tons of gravimetric pressure, assuming at least a Sun-sized star, would outdo anything done on Earth.

This thing supposedly encircled the entire world.
I agree, if what was described is accurate -- breaking the grip of a python larger than its target object, and wound several times around its target object, would probably require more strength than lifting said object itself.

3. Superman benching the Earth

Well, not quite the Earth, but it's equivalent weight as recreated by the pressure of a machine. I suspect we'll see a retcon of it at the rate things are going. Unless ships in the DCU are heavier than the planets that support them.
Then again, the Midgard Serpent feat requires some manuevering to wrap around the head, too.
Regardless, taking these feats as represented here in the thread, benching the Earth has to rank just after breaking the World Serpent's grasp.

Actually, trying to give advantage TO Superman here now ...

the fact that Supes can go from doing something like this to struggling with a ship implies that, under circumstances not yet outlined,
Clark can apparently turn up his physical output a notch. Also, the fact that it was something that lasted 5 days implies a LOT of endurance.

Could Thor match that type of endurance?

Doesn't seem likely ...

4. Hulk tearing adamantium effortlessly

If this is Nul, it was very impressive, but only a net.

If this is Savage Hulk, wrapping Blastaar the living bomb blast in layers of the stuff ...?

Still got to give it to everyone else here based on the feats mentioned.

I would basically have to believe the thickness of adamantium that hulk bent could support the weight of the entire planet Earth to give it the nod over Superman's feat.

I think the adamantium bending was impressive, but not THAT impressive.

Anyway, the armwrestling breakdown:

Drax #1.
Thor #2.
Superman #3.
Hulk #4.

--BUT--

Clark might be able to get Thor with a sudden surge of strength -- Thor is a relatively slow starter in most events

--OR--

assuming he can do just enough to hang in against Thor's initial full pressure, Clark can win using his superior endurance to wear Thor out.

Thor can go for an hour or several hours, after all, but Superman has proven the ability here to go for days. He'll eventually win if they start off reasonably even.

abhilegend
People still use midgard serpent feat? Also lulz at it being better than superman bench-pressing earth's weight.

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
People still use midgard serpent feat? Also lulz at it being better than superman bench-pressing earth's weight.
+1

That feat is suspect to be sure. I mean a normal sized ox FILLED it's mouth. People are forgetting that little aspect of the story, even if they ignore all the other evidence Philosophia presented (stating it took place in some sort of special realm outside normal reality).

Oh and as to the thread, either Drax or Superman's feat wins.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by h1a8

The Sun's core isn't solid, it's made of hot dense gas in the plasmic state.
So Drax's feat wasn't purely strength but some type of energy manipulation.
2 problems. Yes, a star is made of hot gas/plasma, and yes the core is just super compressed plasma however if you compress something enough it can take on the properties of a solid. There has been at least on example we have of that in our universe. There is planet, Gliza 581-B I think it's called. This planet is comparable to Earth in size to Earth, but it is bigger and it is made up almost entirely of water. This planet exists at just the right location so that this water doesn't freeze into ice or boil into steam, it remains a liquid. However, due to compression this water takes on the properties of a solid, while maintaining the atomic structure that makes it a liquid.
Secondly, just because it's impossible in the real world doesn't make it impossible in a comic book. The herald Stardust is a being made of pure energy, very similar to the plasma found in stars, but Beta Ray Bill was able to grab it by the throat just as easily as it were a solid body without using energy powers. If one plasmatic object can be gripped physically than so can others, at least in the Marvelverse.

Zack Fair
People still use midgard serpent feat? Also lulz at it being better than superman bench-pressing earth's weight. It is blue after all.

h1a8
2 problems. Yes, a star is made of hot gas/plasma, and yes the core is just super compressed plasma however if you compress something enough it can take on the properties of a solid. There has been at least on example we have of that in our universe. There is planet, Gliza 581-B I think it's called. This planet is comparable to Earth in size to Earth, but it is bigger and it is made up almost entirely of water. This planet exists at just the right location so that this water doesn't freeze into ice or boil into steam, it remains a liquid. However, due to compression this water takes on the properties of a solid, while maintaining the atomic structure that makes it a liquid.
Secondly, just because it's impossible in the real world doesn't make it impossible in a comic book. The herald Stardust is a being made of pure energy, very similar to the plasma found in stars, but Beta Ray Bill was able to grab it by the throat just as easily as it were a solid body without using energy powers. If one plasmatic object can be gripped physically than so can others, at least in the Marvelverse.

Characters with super powers are not necessarily based on real science (your Stardust example). Stars are. Stars cores can't be grabbed physically and dragged out with astronomically small hands. Denseness =/= grabbability. Now if your hands was big enough to grasp the entire core then yes you can physically pull it out.

You example about the planet is based on a large force (size of influence and not magnitude) surrounding the planet and not a tiny force (small size of influence-hands) acting on a large body.

Star Dust in comics can probably manifest itself as solid structure at any given time. Ever heard of solid light constructs in comics? They are energy yet are concussive.

Philosophía
Based on these feats, who would win in an arm wrestling tournament and in what order?

1. Superman benching the Earth
3. Drax ripping a star core in two
4. Hulk tearing adamantium effortlessly Superman benching the Earth
Hulk tearing adamantium
Drax ripping a star core
Thor lifting Midgard Serpent

leonidas
i'd say the adamantium feat is the most impressive, though supes' feat is close. the star feat is just blatantly stupid (classic case of a writer not understanding science and just having a character doing something he thought was 'impressive'), as is the serpent feat. too many mitigating factors in the serpent feat that throw the whole thing into question imo.

zopzop
Originally posted by leonidas
i'd say the adamantium feat is the most impressive, though supes' feat is close. the star feat is just blatantly stupid (classic case of a writer not understanding science and just having a character doing something he thought was 'impressive'), as is the serpent feat. too many mitigating factors in the serpent feat that throw the whole thing into question imo.
Call me crazy, but aren't star cores SOLID?

Also, Drax destroyed a planet just before he tore that star apart.

leonidas
Originally posted by zopzop
Call me crazy, but aren't star cores SOLID?

Also, Drax destroyed a planet just before he tore that star apart.

no, a star core isn't solid. it's impressive enough i guess overcoming the gravity, but....not that big a deal. destroying the planet was shared with thanos, no? or are you thinking of another time? regardless, glads busted a planet, but no way he's breaking adamantium imo. with a blitz he couldn't even SCRATCH cap's shield (which is stronger than adamantium, but....you know what i'm saying).

zopzop
no, a star core isn't solid. it's impressive enough i guess overcoming the gravity, but....not that big a deal. destroying the planet was shared with thanos, no? or are you thinking of another time? regardless, glads busted a planet, but no way he's breaking adamantium imo. with a blitz he couldn't even SCRATCH cap's shield (which is stronger than adamantium, but....you know what i'm saying).
No, he did it by himself after he regained consciousness, then he went on to rip apart that star.

abhilegend
Here is drax's planet-busting, he destroyed two planets and a star

Captain mar-vell owns starbusting, planets oneshotting classic Drax

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/14079715_CaptainMarvel_43_12.JPG

Drax got up in the next page though.

Drax owned planets and stars though

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/14079680_captainmarvel_42_13.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/14079690_CaptainMarvel_43_03.JPG

zeel

They are prolly useing that feat due to the fact thats its probobly a better feat then superman lifting the earth (the earth is not offering any resistance it just sits there) Thor broke the hold of the serpent meaning overpowered it.

In my book supes is still physically stronger then thor i just think lifing the earth is not the best feat for supes.

leonidas
Originally posted by zopzop
No, he did it by himself after he regained consciousness, then he went on to rip apart that star.

oh yeah, now i recall that. and i recall debating it and thinking it really wasn't very impressive. it was clearly not all that big. i'd put that well behind the others. not sure why drax is in this thing tbh, he's lags far FAR behind the others in terms of sheer consistency of feats, as well as (clearly) sheer volume of feats.....

Brockalizer
oh yeah, now i recall that. and i recall debating it and thinking it really wasn't very impressive. it was clearly not all that big. i'd put that well behind the others. not sure why drax is in this thing tbh, he's lags far FAR behind the others in terms of sheer consistency of feats, as well as (clearly) sheer volume of feats..... I included Drax because I needed a fourth and wanted to use characters that I read more frequently. It came down to Drax or Doomsday, but Doomsday's feats are primarily fighting or durability related, rather than strength feats.

leonidas
thumb up

didn't mean to disparage, just that in terms of wealth of feats and consistency, drax really doesn't match up is all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.