Thanos returns in a New Cosimc War"Infinity" *Spoiler*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone

Galan007
Hickman in charge of a large-scale cosmic event? This will not be anything less than stellar.

JayDaDon
This may just be the event I've been waiting for since SCW.

Galan007
Yeah, Marvel hasn't had a great large-scale event since Annihilation. I have a distinct feeling that Hickman will provide some much needed redemption for the company in that regard.

Imo, there is no one who writes a better cosmic storyline than him. His work on F4/FF and SHIELD was unparallelled.

the Darkone

the Darkone
Quan, kurpt are going to wet themselves!!

Badabing
Quan already messaged me: "You fear Thanos". osheet

JayDaDon
I like Chueng on art too. Only thing about it though, it reminds me of Copiel's superior art.

Damborgson
The pic sure looks good. Hope the story matches it.

http://i.newsarama.com/images/InfinityTeaser.jpg

guy222
hope its good

AlmightyKfish
This should be awesome.

Interesting that Ex Nihilo is on the cover, wonder what his part will be...

Kazenji
I'm guessing Ex Nihilo will be helping out, Thanos would be a threat to him.

Galan007
Ex Nihilo seems to humbly serve Captain Universe w/o any sort of contestation-- she is, for all intents and purposes, his God:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15054967/Avengers_V5_003-Zone-020.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15054968/Avengers_V5_003-Zone-023.jpg.html

Since Captain Universe is apparently going to partake in this event as well, she will likely summon Ex Nihilo to aid in the battle against Thanos. Given that all of the other 'shards' on the teaser cover depict heroes, I doubt Ex Nihilo will be used as a co-villain. /shrug

Rage.Of.Olympus
Wonder how many times Thor is going to get knocked out in this one.

sad

Golgo13
Hopefully its not a company wide crossover which affects all the books. If so, ill pass.

Bentley
Sounds good I trust Hickman with cosmic stuff, but Thanos is one boring villain if you ask me.

Magus >>> Thanos

steverules_2
Is that normal Spidey or Octo Spidey on the cover?

Kazenji
Possibly Octo Spidey going by the release date.

vince_slice
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

sad

http://4ms.me/WOOHcW

the Darkone
Originally posted by vince_slice

Wow, I hope Hickman isn't pulling are chain, but Thor is over due to open a can of whoop a$$!

Branlor Swift
Well, my dick's hard

the Darkone
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

sad

Have faith, eye of the tiger, eye of the f**king tiger man!!

Hickman did say that Thor is going to put it down this year.

Darth Vicious
I'm guessing Thanos is the "someone" mentioned on the last page of Avengers #5

vince_slice
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I'm guessing Thanos is the "someone" mentioned on the last page of Avengers #5
Maybe. Thanos was also seen in New Avengers #3 as one of the cosmic beings sensing the infinity guantlet being reassembled. But the Infinity event is happening in like May or something so maybe its too soon to have him be in the book...or is it?

http://i46.tinypic.com/1pgwph.jpg

JayDaDon
Hmmm, there are some interesting Hickman developments brewing as of late...

basilisk
Originally posted by Damborgson
The pic sure looks good. Hope the story matches it.

http://i.newsarama.com/images/InfinityTeaser.jpg Thank god the Falcon's there. The universe can rest easy now.

kgkg
Nice can't wait! how many issues are planned for this event?

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I'm guessing Thanos is the "someone" mentioned on the last page of Avengers #5 Galactus.

Galactus eats the planets to save both universes.

It makes complete sense.

SamZED
Its Octo Spidey. Take a closer look at his finger tips.

Bentley
Originally posted by basilisk
Thank god the Falcon's there. The universe can rest easy now.

This comment is made of pure win.

Damborgson
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2013/01/thanos2013001cov.jpg

KuRuPT Thanosi
Did they cancel the Thanos book on his origins... I thought that was coming out in Feb. or March

Suffice to say, I second Bran's description on how he felt when learning of this.

Galan007
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Did they cancel the Thanos book on his origins... I thought that was coming out in Feb. or March Cancelled.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=40110

vince_slice
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/uploads/thanos2.jpg

Damborgson
hmm Thanos has a slightly altered look.

AlmightyKfish
The armour in that picture has got the DcNu look going on.

vince_slice
I wonder if the costume change is permanent.

Damborgson
Looks a little more robotic. Like the movie version a bit.

Bentley
Looks like crap, but then again, pretty much all modern versions of Thanos look crappy.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Bentley
Looks like crap, but then again, pretty much all modern versions of Thanos look crappy.

Woah now, Giffen's monk robe Thanos was awesome.

Bentley
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Woah now, Giffen's monk robe Thanos was awesome.

You're right, that one skipped my mind.

vince_slice
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/33503/Thanos%20Rising_02.jpg

Bentley
Thanos wearing underwear over his pants, I wonder if Quan will start doing that too.

WhiteWitchKing
I thought that was Quanchi, no?

Bentley
Maybe they are fonctional or something... Thanos diapers anyone?

dmills
Meh. A cosmic event featuring the mainstream heroes involved means zero actual consequences.

abhilegend
Originally posted by dmills
Meh. A cosmic event featuring the mainstream heroes involved means zero actual consequences.

COIE. brah.

Bentley
Originally posted by dmills

Unless there is Kang on it. Kang makes every event better.

Also AvsX included a cosmic threat 131

Sundipped
Thanos is the proclaimed antagonist and it involves the Inhumans, X Men, Avengers, GOTG, Superior Spiderman and more! Damn!

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marvel-infinity-event-possibilities.html

^ Hickman also said that New Avengers is going to be the most important book at Marvel for the next couple of years.

I like this cosmic stuff. Sounds like 2013 is going to be a good year at Marvel. cool

TheGodKiller
^I think future Franklin's warning to Black Bolt in Hickman's FF probably foreshadows this Infinity event.

Dollars to cents, it's probably going to follow the fallout of the Infinity Gems' destruction, along with exploring the time gem's vanishing, and introduce some previously unseen IG-related plot device.

leonidas
god i hope it's not another thanos-gets-power-thanos-loses-power book. i've really been enjoying hickman's ff, but i am pretty sick of seeing thanos as a main villain. wish he would have chosen a different direction....

Kazenji
They also have yet to explain how he got out of the Cancerverse.

curryman
Originally posted by leonidas
god i hope it's not another thanos-gets-power-thanos-loses-power book. i've really been enjoying hickman's ff, but i am pretty sick of seeing thanos as a main villain. wish he would have chosen a different direction....

What other direction is there tho laughing

quanchi112
Originally posted by leonidas
god i hope it's not another thanos-gets-power-thanos-loses-power book. i've really been enjoying hickman's ff, but i am pretty sick of seeing thanos as a main villain. wish he would have chosen a different direction.... Then don't read it.

Bentley
Originally posted by quanchi112
Then don't read it.

Quan accepting there is no compelling story to be told with Thanos is thumb up

quanchi112
Quan accepting there is no compelling story to be told with Thanos is thumb up You have real comprehension problems. I am just sick of fans complaining about everything. If he is sick of Thanos as the centerpiece then ignore the comic. I bet he won't.

Bentley
You have real comprehension problems. I am just sick of fans complaining about everything. If he is sick of Thanos as the centerpiece then ignore the comic. I bet he won't.

Look, I don't really want to sound judgemental, but by the same token you could avoid fan forums if you're so sick of fans complaining.

A part of the complaint isn't baseless either, he said that a story about Thanos getting a cosmic artifact and becoming omnipotent has been done several times, even as recently as last year. Thanos can be featured in a different kind of story, which has been the case several time in the past such as in the Thanos Imperative or in the Thanos mini.

Some Thanos's fans can also find that it's a character better use scarcily because it's abondance lessens his impact.

I'm not here to make excuses for Leonidas though, so I don't really have much investment in following this conversation uhuh

Branlor Swift
Look, I don't really want to sound judgemental, but by the same token you could avoid fan forums if you're so sick of fans complaining.

A part of the complaint isn't baseless either, he said that a story about Thanos getting a cosmic artifact and becoming omnipotent has been done several times, even as recently as last year. Thanos can be featured in a different kind of story, which has been the case several time in the past such as in the Thanos Imperative or in the Thanos mini.

Some Thanos's fans can also find that it's a character better use scarcily because it's abondance lessens his impact.

I'm not here to make excuses for Leonidas though, so I don't really have much investment in following this conversation uhuh Do people really count Avengers Assembled?

Anyway, in a 40 year span, you have Cosmic Cube, IG, and Hotu. Faux Cosmic Cube, and Faux Thanos if you count AA.

Doom in comparison has gotten Surfer's power, Watcher's power, Galactus' power twice, Beyonder's power, Cosmic Cube, I think he got the Cube in a novel MM likes to bring up, two IGs at the same time, almost stole Hyperstorm's power, etc. Nobody says two dicks about that. Hell, Red Skull has gotten the Cube like 3 times, and is about to become Onslaught.

They're geniuses, and their power on its own isn't enough to accomplish their goals. That's what they do, use other power. Doom wants to beat that bastard Richards, Red Skull wants to be a nazi and shit, and Thanos wants to have sex with his wiener.

Ultimate power, while being a plot device, can still be written well. The CC, and the IG were written incredibly well, and I found the HOTU to be very enjoyable. And if he does get Ultimo power in this series, it's written by Hickman, so...
Personally, I'd like to see him just smack shit up with his own power like Imperative, but at least the writer's good. Plus we have no idea what it's about yet.

Bentley
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
They're geniuses, and their power on its own isn't enough to accomplish their goals.

You're right, not everybody can be a threat on their own right like Kang is. Forget my post.

Branlor Swift
You're right, not everybody can be a threat on their own right like Kang is. Forget my post. Well, the 3 guys I've mentioned have actually accomplished something unlike Kang.

You're indirectly promoting ultimate power...

Bentley
Well, the 3 guys I've mentioned have actually accomplished something unlike Kang.

You're indirectly promoting ultimate power...

Your ignorance of Kang's accomplishments is astonishing my friend ahah

Branlor Swift
All Kang's ever accomplished is running away

Bentley
All Kang's ever accomplished is running away

The many empires he's conquered beg to differ.

Branlor Swift
Every single arc with Kang involves him running away from something at one point in time

Either after he's beaten. Ran away from something to get help. Or he just ran away because he got scurred.

Bentley
Every single arc with Kang involves him running away from something at one point in time

Either after he's beaten. Ran away from something to get help. Or he just ran away because he got scurred.

Nah, sometimes he just dies.

He often does some strategic retreats evil face

quanchi112

I'm not here to make excuses for Leonidas though, so I don't really have much investment in following this conversation uhuh why ? I am just giving him advice. If he reads it anyway then his opinion really doesn't match his actions.

We don't know what will happen in this arc. If he feels it is stupid or been done to death then simply show marvel by not supporting it.

It's simple. If you think a company does something you think is ridiculous or uninteresting then don't read it.

Bentley
Maybe he's evil an will do it through piracy, that's a way of not supporting Marvel and still talking of the arc with enough knowledge of it not to have bias. Obviously, if you think the arc is decent, you buy it.

Otherwise your actions don't match your opinions either.

quanchi112
Maybe he's evil an will do it through piracy, that's a way of not supporting Marvel and still talking of the arc with enough knowledge of it not to have bias. Obviously, if you think the arc is decent, you buy it.

Otherwise your actions don't match your opinions either. No, he's still giving into reading it either way. If he thinks it's stupid and completely sick of Thanos avoid it. He seems to be a Thanos hater such as yourself. Bran pointed out many villains seek ultimate power but since Thanos has been so successful it seems to attract naysayers.

Bentley
I'm a Thanos hater now? I guess that any one who doesn't overrate Thanos is a hater in your eyes. I've bought lots of Thanos's books because I love cosmic stories.

I think I covered the rest already in my other posts mmm

quanchi112
I'm a Thanos hater now? I guess that any one who doesn't overrate Thanos is a hater in your eyes. I've bought lots of Thanos's books because I love cosmic stories.

I think I covered the rest already in my other posts mmm Maybe hate was too strong a word. You envy Thanos since you are a Kang fan.

JayDaDon
^ZING laughing out loud

Bentley
You're just jealous Kang downright stopped Magus your boy ex machina style uhuh

quanchi112
You're just jealous Kang downright stopped Magus your boy ex machina style uhuh Nah, Kang isn't even in the same conversation as Thanos. His only true rival is god who even needed him in marvel's the end.

curryman
Nah, Kang isn't even in the same conversation as Thanos. His only true rival is god who even needed him in marvel's the end.

You don't honestly believe this nonsense your spouting?

quanchi112
Originally posted by curryman
You don't honestly believe this nonsense your spouting? Absolutely.

Bentley
Nah.

quanchi112
Nah. Are you saying I don't believe what I post ?

TheGodKiller
Are you saying I don't believe what I post ?
Are you questioning a universally known fact?

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Are you questioning a universally known fact? Based on ?

Bentley
Are you saying I don't believe what I post ?

I thought that was a given.

quanchi112
I thought that was a given. Give me a for instance which leads you to believe this.

TheGodKiller
Based on ?
Most of your posting history.

quanchi112
Most of your posting history. That isn't a specific example. You concede way too quickly.

Bentley
Give me a for instance which leads you to believe this.

People who believe everything they say/post publicly are crazy in my book, also your beta male talk leads me to think you posture a lot, because posturing is a major male feature in humans. In my book, posturing and exagerating counts as lying.

TheGodKiller
That isn't a specific example. You concede way too quickly.
That's a generic example, which is way better than a specific example. You get riled up for no reason way too quickly.

quanchi112
That's a generic example, which is way better than a specific example. You get riled up for no reason way too quickly. I am as calm as they come. Originally posted by Bentley
People who believe everything they say/post publicly are crazy in my book, also your beta male talk leads me to think you posture a lot, because posturing is a major male feature in humans. In my book, posturing and exagerating counts as lying. So what you're saying is you're female ? I have to be honest I didn't see this coming.

Most of my opinions are what I believe in with a dash of sarcasm every once in a while.

TheGodKiller
I am as calm as they come.
You're as ironic as they come.

quanchi112
You're as ironic as they come. And you are just angry for some unknown reason. Relax.

Bentley
I am as calm as they come. So what you're saying is you're female ? I have to be honest I didn't see this coming.

Most of my opinions are what I believe in with a dash of sarcasm every once in a while.

A bit too much sarcasm to classify as honesty. Sarcasm is the weapon of the powerless.

TheGodKiller
And you are just angry for some unknown reason. Relax.
Trying to use my own words against me. How droll.

quanchi112
Trying to use my own words against me. How droll. So you invented the why you so made response ? The nerve.

quanchi112
A bit too much sarcasm to classify as honesty. Sarcasm is the weapon of the powerless. Sarcasm is the weapon of the intelligent but I usually keep it in it's holster. I am here to debate so most of the time Quan is about business.

TheGodKiller
So you invented the why you so made response ? The nerve.
*mad

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/creepsmile.gif

Branlor Swift
shut up

Let's get this out of the way now
Every character Bentley likes, sucks. Quan sucks, haha let's bring that up every thread!

Your argument is stupid and has nothing to do with Amazing Thanos coming back

quanchi112
*mad

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/creepsmile.gif I suspect bada edited an e at the end of mad. You think you can trust somebody and then whammo.

Bentley
Every character Bentley likes, sucks.

Not every character I like sucks.

At the very least they don't suck equally eek!

TheGodKiller
I suspect bada edited an e at the end of mad. You think you can trust somebody and then whammo.
Oh, the excuses. sneer

quanchi112
Oh, the excuses. sneer Facts.

TheGodKiller
LT and In-Betweener are gonna show up in Infinity.
http://www.formspring.me/JonathanHickman/q/434517399593567155

Do you think that Thanos will conquer them again?

quanchi112

Do you think that Thanos will conquer them again? With Hickman one can never tell.

Branlor Swift
Thanos fights IB to a stalemate with no amps

guy222
which issue

guy222

Do you think that Thanos will conquer them again?

should b good with lt returning

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by guy222
should b good with lt returning
It's Hickman, so one can never know.

guy222
i know

agree with a friend of mine in the thread, hope thanos doesn't get ultimate power yet to lose again that b so stupid

JakeTheBank
I'm really hyped for this. Hickman handling this event plus him overseeing the Avengers franchise is one the best moves Marvel could have done post AvX.

Kazenji
For FCBD there's going to be something related to this.

vince_slice
Some small spoiler news.

http://i39.tinypic.com/5e634o.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/35mpbf8.jpg

Thanos has five liutenants that serve as his right hand. Each is suppose to be unique and powerful. Thanos is back to his classical personification, a space conquering warlord. It seems that every world he conquers, he requires the world to pay tribute...in the form severed heads from the world's inhabitants. It looks like he's literally built his throne on top of the skulls of his tributes. The outrider assassin easily infiltrates Avengers and Shield base. Thanos is looking for something on Earth "near and dear" to his heart.

the Darkone
This is most likely the poster for Infinity or Cover, regardless it looks great

AlmightyKfish
After reading the FCBD issue for this I'm intrigued if they'll even bother to explain why Thanos is back to conquering and such after he'd moved beyond all that, or whether that'll be ignored to keep Thanos in line with what's happening with the films..

I mean generally I trust Hickman, but everything so far points to Thanos back to being a one note alien warlord again.

psycho gundam
http://4ms.me/WOOHcW phucking destroyed that guy lol

vince_slice
Originally posted by psycho gundam
phucking destroyed that guy lol

That guy is probably Rage having a mental breakdown after Thor got sucker punched by mind-controlled Hulk.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by psycho gundam
phucking destroyed that guy lol

He went all Mindset on him laughing out loud

Kazenji
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/431925_10151564458307488_1546961216_n_zps7affaf92.jpg

vince_slice
Hmm so those are his five liutenants. I wonder how powerful they are.

vince_slice
EXCLUSIVE: Introducing the Generals of Marvel's "Infinity"

On Free Comic Book Day 2013, Marvel Comics released a first look into its upcoming summer event: "Infinity," by Jonathan Hickman< with art by Jim Cheung. Taking place in the far reaches of the galaxy, on a planet called Ahl-Agullo, the issue not only placed Thanos squarely in the game for the lead-up to "Infinity," but also introduced Corvus Glaive, a deadly lieutenant carrying out the will of the Mad Titan.

As it turns out, Glaive is only the first of five dangerous and lethal beings who serve Thanos as the Cull Obsidian. In a three-part special feature, CBR News spoke with Marvel Comics Executive Editor Tom Brevoort about "Infinity," Thanos and his high-ranking Black Order, with Brevoort sharing details on the designs and conception of the new villains making their debut in Hickman's summer event.

For our first installment, Brevoort covered the events of the "Infinity" FCBD issue, explaining exactly how it sets the stage for "Infinity" proper, the introduction of Corvus Glaive and the purpose of Thanos' lieutenants, looking at the structure of his scheme and when readers can expect to see more of the Mad Titan's master plan.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=45325

Digi

This is the funniest thing I've seen in weeks. Points for Hickman.

quanchi112
EXCLUSIVE: Introducing the Generals of Marvel's "Infinity"

On Free Comic Book Day 2013, Marvel Comics released a first look into its upcoming summer event: "Infinity," by Jonathan Hickman< with art by Jim Cheung. Taking place in the far reaches of the galaxy, on a planet called Ahl-Agullo, the issue not only placed Thanos squarely in the game for the lead-up to "Infinity," but also introduced Corvus Glaive, a deadly lieutenant carrying out the will of the Mad Titan.

As it turns out, Glaive is only the first of five dangerous and lethal beings who serve Thanos as the Cull Obsidian. In a three-part special feature, CBR News spoke with Marvel Comics Executive Editor Tom Brevoort about "Infinity," Thanos and his high-ranking Black Order, with Brevoort sharing details on the designs and conception of the new villains making their debut in Hickman's summer event.

For our first installment, Brevoort covered the events of the "Infinity" FCBD issue, explaining exactly how it sets the stage for "Infinity" proper, the introduction of Corvus Glaive and the purpose of Thanos' lieutenants, looking at the structure of his scheme and when readers can expect to see more of the Mad Titan's master plan.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=45325 Unquestionably the greatest comic book character of all time is Lord Thanos.

Kazenji
Get off your high horse

"the greatest comic book character of all time"...i doubt, maybe one of the greatest villains sure.

Omega Vision
Quan is beyond reason, but yeah, I find it funny how he confuses opinion for fact.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kazenji
Get off your high horse

"the greatest comic book character of all time"...i doubt, maybe one of the greatest villains sure. No, Im clearly right and the rest of the general public will find out as the avengers movies confirm it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Quan is beyond reason, but yeah, I find it funny how he confuses opinion for fact. No character in comics is as successful as he has been. Fact.

Kazenji
Still your opinion

but oh well you can't distinguish Fact & opinion.

HueyFreeman
I just hope its good. Marvels events have been atrocious for quite some time. I think annihilation was the last really good event. At least with hickman we wont have to do deal with bendis aka the master of shit pacing.

As far as crossovers go, I find it a little annoying how little in scope many revert to(The phoenix avx became civil war part deux) . You would think that all these big events would bring in bigger players (who wouldnt want to see kang , doom, zemo,loki etc) yet everyone seems content to let these world destroying events happen when their asses are on the line as well. Its like all marvel villains have a "wait your turn" policy when it comes to crossovers.

quanchi112
Still your opinion

but oh well you can't distinguish Fact & opinion. His success is a fact. No one is as successful as he is in comics.

Kazenji
If you say so

personally i haven't been reading anything Thanos related for ages like some people on this forum.

quanchi112
If you say so

personally i haven't been reading anything Thanos related for ages like some people on this forum. You are missing out.

Kazenji
Recently i only just got that Silver Surfer: Rebirth of Thanos trade

but i hope they do something a bit more with this story, Rather then him chase after the gems again or another Cosmic cube.

Kazenji
Adam Kubert cover

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/5191166b03fd3_zps3bd9801e.jpg

quanchi112
Recently i only just got that Silver Surfer: Rebirth of Thanos trade

but i hope they do something a bit more with this story, Rather then him chase after the gems again or another Cosmic cube. I do agree him chasing after ultimate power has gotten rather stale. I have faith in Hickman so we will see.

TheGodKiller
I do agree him chasing after ultimate power has gotten rather stale.
Strange, as just 2 months back you were chastising Leonidas for complaining about the exact same thing.

Bentley
He actually called on Leo saying "don't buy books you don't like", he didn't exactly said he didn't mind at all Thanos's going back into seeking power.

You see, the essence of the argument is that leonidas was a hater.

TheGodKiller
Read his posts again. Leo as berated for "complaining" about the stale plot of Thanos acquiring ultimate power:
You have real comprehension problems.I am just sick of fans complaining about everything. If he is sick of Thanos as the centerpiece then ignore the comic. I bet he won't.
Yet here he his, doing the exact same thing that leo was guilty of months ago.

quanchi112
Strange, as just 2 months back you were chastising Leonidas for complaining about the exact same thing. I think the idea has gotten its fair sense of page time but that doesn't mean I won't enjoy another Thanos adventure all the same. I just hope they go down a different path.

He was also sick of Thanos as the centerpiece which isn't the same thing as hoping for a different storyline than seeking ultimate power.

laughing out loud

quanchi112
He actually called on Leo saying "don't buy books you don't like", he didn't exactly said he didn't mind at all Thanos's going back into seeking power.

You see, the essence of the argument is that leonidas was a hater. My quote even sinks his own case.

Bentley
Yeah, I haven't reread the thread, but it seems to me that my description is still more accurate than his.

the Darkone
Adam Kubert cover

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/5191166b03fd3_zps3bd9801e.jpg

The first time I saw this, I thought it was Mangog when I saw it on newsarama, I thought sh$$ just got real!!

Kazenji
So Blackbolts suppose to be fighting Thanos

what can Blackbolt do to actually hurt him?

JayDaDon
Oh God we'd better not see blackbolt putting up a good fight under his own power...

TheGodKiller
I think the idea has gotten its fair sense of page time but that doesn't mean I won't enjoy another Thanos adventure all the same. I just hope they go down a different path.

He was also sick of Thanos as the centerpiece which isn't the same thing as hoping for a different storyline than seeking ultimate power.
You were sick of fans complaining about "everything" which includes leo's objections to the classic thanos-becomes-omnipotent storylines, and yet here you are, agreeing that this recycling of old plots is getting stale.

That was another one of his grievances, which is not relevant here.
My quote even sinks his own case.
I assure you it does not.
Yeah, I haven't reread the thread, but it seems to me that my description is still more accurate than his.
I assure you it's not.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Oh God we'd better not see blackbolt putting up a good fight under his own power...
Under Hickman, he'll probably hurt him a little or cause some superficial damage at the very least before getting one or two shotted.

Bentley
agreeing that this recycling of old plots is getting stale.

But not complaining, he said he was sick of complaining shifty

TheGodKiller
But not complaining, he said he was sick of complaining shifty
Leo wasn't complaining either then.

quanchi112
You were sick of fans complaining about "everything" which includes leo's objections to the classic thanos-becomes-omnipotent storylines, and yet here you are, agreeing that this recycling of old plots is getting stale.

That was another one of his grievances, which is not relevant here.

I assure you it does not.

I assure you it's not. Leo was sick of Thanos as the main villain so I told him to not read it. I hope they go in a different direction. I'll read it ether way. I wasn't complaining I was simply saying what I preferred. Leo was whining.

You being unable to tell the difference is all too telling. laughing out loud

basilisk
It's possible Thanos has outlived his usefulness as a villain and can't bring any new plots to the table, but I'm willing to give it a chance and wait and see on that one.

On the other hand, after reading the last few Avengers issues I'm getting a little concerned as to whether Hickman is the right guy to be handling this event. I'm starting to think we are going to get a bunch of issues where the characters wander about babbling pretentious pseudo-intellectual guff before nothing much really happens and then everything is quickly tied up at the end in some less than dramatic confrontation. Not holding my breath for something as good as Annihilation.

dmills
Anyone reading this 'Thanos Rising' shit?

the Darkone
Looks like Mighty Avengers 6 members will appear in Infinity, and leading the charge is Luke Cage and Superior Spider Man with Blue Marvel and She- Hulk and with two more to go!!

http://www.newsarama.com/17977-infinity-brings-a-mighty-new-team-to-marvel.html

It's about damn time!!

the Darkone
Before this series is over , I feel we will see the return of Adam Warlock and Nova Prime, with new characters

vince_slice
http://i1.wp.com/www.comicbooktherapy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/infinity-banner.png

ares834
Looks great.

Just hope it doesn't devolve into another story involving Thanos hunting down super-powered artifacts.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>