Hitman reboot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Hitman as in the one that's based on the games is getting a reboot

Paul Walker is attached and is Retitled as Agent 47

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a456621/fox-reboots-hitman-with-fast--furious-6-paul-walker.html?rss

the ninjak
Paul f'n Walker. blink

super pr*xy
i thought timothy olyphant was an ok 47..

Estacado
Walker as 47? sick

BruceSkywalker
depending on the script this has promise

Kazenji
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
depending on the script this has promise

No it doesn't.

KingD19
The movie has promise. But not with Walker. He literally sounds exactly the same in every movie. He's a robot. Which while I admit would be good for Hitman, as he rarely shows emotion. Walker just isn't a good fit imo.

Kazenji
As i said elsewhere on here

jaden101
Paul Walker?....**** sake...Next you'll be telling me they're getting Ryan Renolds to play Connor Macleod in a Highlander reboot.

KingD19
Originally posted by Kazenji
As i said elsewhere on here

Bateson would be perfect for 47. Right age, right build. Hell, 47 is Bateson. Give him a few months to get in shape for the role and you'd have a perfect guy. And they wouldn't have to pay him as much as they do Walker.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101
getting Ryan Renolds to play Connor Macleod in a Highlander reboot.

"There can be only one!" *takes off shirt and flexes* *makes a quick quip*

jaden101
Yeah...And the Kurgan will be played by Matthew Mconaghgwrgpwgwy

It'll just be the two of them taking their shirts off and flexing while Gangnam style plays over and over.

And here was me thinking Bullet to the Head would have the gayest scene of the year.

Robtard
You're probably going to want to hit something when Reynold's tries to speak in a Scottish accent.

jaden101
No doubt....Not that Lambert was exactly blessed with a great Scottish accent....but RYAN CVNTING REYNOLDS?

It gives me "the fear".

Ascendancy
Originally posted by KingD19
The movie has promise. But not with Walker. He literally sounds exactly the same in every movie. He's a robot. Which while I admit would be good for Hitman, as he rarely shows emotion. Walker just isn't a good fit imo.
Can't be any worse than T.O. He was a horrible pick for that role. As for Walker, Running Scared was enough for me to give him a free pass to be predictable in other films because he acted on a much higher level on that one. My thoughts on it anyway.

KingD19
I never said Olyphant was good for the role, but at least he's a good actor. He's amazing in Justified.

BruceSkywalker
No it doesn't.

it might, just depends

Darth Martin
Honestly, what was wrong with the first one? Sure, Olyphant could have been meaner and not had so much dialogue but I really can't see them making a film much better than the one they already did.

Estacado
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Honestly, what was wrong with the first one? Sure, Olyphant could have been meaner and not had so much dialogue but I really can't see them making a film much better than the one they already did.
thumb up
There was nothing wrong with the 1st one it was a good movie....

BruceSkywalker

for me at least i did like it, but I wanted a better story and a little bit more violence

Ascendancy
It sucked. The pacing was horrible, the action was horrible, and Olyphant was not believable at all in the role. I couldn't get into the fiction of him being some trained from birth assassin the way he played it. To be honest, that's truly the director's fault because he's done fine in other films, and it was his stilted, dry acting that killed this which is no doubt what the director asked for.

I'd rather watch the first G.I. Joe again than have to watch Hitman.

Estacado
So you think Fast 5 is good but Hitman failed....that tells everything....

Ascendancy
Originally posted by Estacado
So you think Fast 5 is good but Hitman failed....that tells everything....

I'd say the numbers tell a pretty good story of which was more watchable. Hitman was garbage IMO, which I'm entitled to and will stick with.

I tell you what though, find me some reputable critics who actually make their living solely on giving intelligent reviews who liked it and I'll say that your case may have merit.

As noted, I don't blame Olyphant for the acting failure, but it was still one none-the-less.

If I want semi-mindless action I'll watch the Expendables; I wouldn't pick this turd up from the dollar bin.

Kazenji
So yeah Paul Walker is out for obvious reasons, Unless you've been living under a rock

Rupert Friend is now Agent 47
http://www.slashfilm.com/homeland-star-rupert-friend-replaces-paul-walker-in-hitman-sequel-agent-47/

BruceSkywalker
really didn't care for the first film.. but am looking forward to how Rupert Friend will portray him

Lestov16
I loved the Olyphaunt film. 47 was a certified badass who showed off his assassin skills superbly. Don't know why they have to remake it.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Lestov16
I loved the Olyphaunt film. 47 was a certified badass who showed off his assassin skills superbly. Don't know why they have to remake it.

Its a sequel not a remake.

the ninjak
The original film was a complete mistake.

It wasn't Olyphant's fault. It was simply the lack of vision in the script.

Hitman exists on the level of the Transporter films.

Modern Eurotrash cinema.

Kazenji
Zachary Quinto joins

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/zachary-quinto-joining-agent-47-676290

Kazenji
The new Agent 47

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=104228

no thanks....I'd rather have Timothy Olyphant back.

marwash22
9DoiPQWgiko

marwash22
looks good.

Placidity
Meh. Doesn't exactly look like the Silent Assassin.

marwash22
This isn't Assassins Creed. The game it's based wasn't all about stealth.. there's A LOT of shootouts.

Placidity
Originally posted by marwash22
This isn't Assassins Creed. The game it's based wasn't all about stealth.. there's A LOT of shootouts.

Silent Assassin refers to Hitman, not Assassins Creed which is a copycat.

I've played all of them. Several times. It's all still on my PC.

You get the highest score (Silent Assassin) by killing only the target with low or no detection rate.

It is absolutely a stealth game, and the original.

Robtard
Oh shit, looks like we might have a Game Off

marwash22
i've played hitman too, and my comment stands.

but okay, we'll go with your assessment of "the movie looks terrible 'cause it's not about stealth". thumb up

Kazenji
Originally posted by Placidity
Meh. Doesn't exactly look like the Silent Assassin.

Hollywood not sticking to the source material for a game adaptation....shock horror

Silent Assassin refers to Hitman, not Assassins Creed which is a copycat.

No way Assassins Creed is a copycat game

Except that's a optional thing not like they force you to do it.

Utrigita
Lets see where they take this, the first scene with 47 taking out the guards and disguising himself as one them, that seems pretty accurate (atleast in regards to how I play 47) and could be a tribute to the games.

Esau Cairn
Cool interrogation scene...once you suspend the stupidity of bringing an armed rifle into the room!

And what's with helicopters & buildings...a recurring scene in the last 2 Hitman movies?

marwash22

marwash22
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Cool interrogation scene...once you suspend the stupidity of bringing an armed rifle into the room!

And what's with helicopters & buildings...a recurring scene in the last 2 Hitman movies? there was more than one hitman? the only one i saw was the Timothy Olyphant one.

also, did you think they ripped off Rorschach's dialogue from the prison scene? "You're trapped in here with me!"

Esau Cairn
there was more than one hitman? the only one i saw was the Timothy Olyphant one.

also, did you think they ripped off Rorschach's dialogue from the prison scene? "You're trapped in here with me!"

Yeah there was a straight to dvd sequel not with Olyphant & this now one coming to the big screen.

Maybe it was Rorschach inspired but still sounds good when delivered properly.

Kazenji
there was more than one hitman? the only one i saw was the Timothy Olyphant one.
!"

There "was" only one before this one got announced.

Esau Cairn
I swear seeing a sequal on the shelves about 3 yrs ago.

Kazenji
Probably confusing it with a bootleg movie.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I swear seeing a sequal on the shelves about 3 yrs ago.

Yeah with Luke Goss...wasn't that part of the franchise or just by name....& shaven head.

Esau Cairn
Ok no. The Luke Goss flick had nothing to do with the franchise.
It was released in America under the title, "Interview With A Hitman."

But here in Australia, straight to dvd, it was re-titled, "Hitman:Reloaded"

...giving me the wrong impression.

Mindset
That was a pretty entertaining movie.

Placidity
i've played hitman too, and my comment stands.

but okay, we'll go with your assessment of "the movie looks terrible 'cause it's not about stealth". thumb up

You may have played Hitman, but you are clearly not a serious fan. Judging from your responses you've probably only played the latest one.

Anyone who respects the games knows your comment does not stand.

Quote me where I said "the movie looks terrible". Because it sounds like you are making things up.

Going just by the trailer, the movie does not appear faithful to the games. Doesn't mean its a terrible movie, but likely not a good "Hitman" movie.

Originally posted by Robtard
Oh shit, looks like we might have a Game Off

They don't even Hitman.

Except that's a optional thing not like they force you to do it.

You can play it as badly as you want to, but Agent 47 in the canon story line is a silent assassin. That is the whole point of the game.

From Wiki:

jimmy0082
Paul Walker??????????In this movie???

Lestov16
Just saw the trailer. While I did thoroughly enjoy the Olyphaunt version, this movie is definitely looking badass. Can't wait.

-Pr-
Saw the trailer, and tbh, just doesn't scream "Hitman" to me. Looks like it'll be a good action movie, but I don't get the feeling it'll be a good Hitman movie. Just imo.

You may have played Hitman, but you are clearly not a serious fan. Judging from your responses you've probably only played the latest one.

What was wrong with Absolution? That game could be played almost completely stealthily if you wanted.

KingD19
Originally posted by -Pr-
Saw the trailer, and tbh, just doesn't scream "Hitman" to me. Looks like it'll be a good action movie, but I don't get the feeling it'll be a good Hitman movie. Just imo.

What was wrong with Absolution? That game could be played almost completely stealthily if you wanted.

I honestly don't think you can make a super faithful Hitman adaptation for the silver screen. While it's true the action in the movie pretty much directly mirrors what can and will happen if you go around guns blazing, I'm sure it'll have some decent steatlh and has already showed him hiding as the enemy.

But the Hitman series itself puts so much control in your hands of how you do things, a movie can never really do it justice. Especially since if you wanted "Silent Assassin", that would make for a pretty boring movie where he just stealthily dispatches everyone and makes it look like an accident.

BruceSkywalker
so finally relented and viewed the trailer.. its interesting to say the least.. I will go see.. however Paul Walker prolly would've done a better job..

marwash22
i love how Paul Walker has become a great actor after his death.

-Pr-
I honestly don't think you can make a super faithful Hitman adaptation for the silver screen. While it's true the action in the movie pretty much directly mirrors what can and will happen if you go around guns blazing, I'm sure it'll have some decent steatlh and has already showed him hiding as the enemy.

But the Hitman series itself puts so much control in your hands of how you do things, a movie can never really do it justice. Especially since if you wanted "Silent Assassin", that would make for a pretty boring movie where he just stealthily dispatches everyone and makes it look like an accident.

Eh, honestly, I think hitmen who can do things silently/to look like accidents can be done on screen, it just takes a certain tone.

I'm not saying Hitman would be easy, but I don't think the current approach they're using is the right way to go about it.

Wei Phoenix

My problems with Absolution were that it was pretty much a game about getting to the door. The story wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible, though I feel as the game made a few horrible decisions and forgot about his character. They penalize you whenever you kill someone that's not your target, which is usually fine, I understand that a professional only kills who he is contracted to kill but the scene at the orphanage where they are mercilessly slaughtering the nuns/women of faith should've been the one time where you could go in guns a blazing since 47's faith is one of his defining characteristics. Some of the mechanics were horrible, some were good. The AI were too good at spotting your disguises when you're supposed to be a master of disguise and the only way to get past their suspicion was to run your hand over your head or pull your hat down, or lower your head a bit?

Anyone who respects the games knows your comment does not stand.

Quote me where I said "the movie looks terrible". Because it sounds like you are making things up.

Going just by the trailer, the movie does not appear faithful to the games. Doesn't mean its a terrible movie, but likely not a good "Hitman" movie.

They don't even Hitman.

You can play it as badly as you want to, but Agent 47 in the canon story line is a silent assassin. That is the whole point of the game.

From Wiki:

You're right, every mission is canonically carried out with you being a ghost, myth and legend. You're never seen by anyone that is still alive and you never kill more than you're supposed to kill.

You're also right, I wouldn't want to see a Splinter Cell or Hitman movie about the main character just quietly getting through every obstacle with only a bullet or two being shot each scene. It needs the gunfights and the explosive action to keep people entertained.

Wei Phoenix
Eh, honestly, I think hitmen who can do things silently/to look like accidents can be done on screen, it just takes a certain tone.

I'm not saying Hitman would be easy, but I don't think the current approach they're using is the right way to go about it.

That can be done, but I don't think it can be done successfully to attract the masses and get their money and support for the franchise. Most people won't have the attention span.

Mindset
i love how Paul Walker has become a great actor after his death. He was the greatest actor of our generation or any other.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Mindset
He was the greatest actor of our generation or any other.

Jeremy Renner is sad now.

Mindset
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Jeremy Renner is sad now. Jeremy Renner isn't an actor, he's a force of nature.

Placidity

Nothing wrong with Absolution, he just thought he could out-Hitman me, and I'm pointing out that its not happening.

Well, the whole movie doesn't have to be like that, but it should have some "missions" that shows off his stealth and timing that will make fans say, "yep that's unmistakably 47". Just being skilled and suave is too generic.

There is also something else about the trailer that doesn't quite capture the tone of Hitman. The music certainly didn't help. Also a bit too John McClaney with the big explosions and helicopter.

This is still the definitive Hitman theme for me, and the landing screen of Hitman 2 was epic:

K_5X3Yf7Ems

-Pr-
My problems with Absolution were that it was pretty much a game about getting to the door. The story wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible, though I feel as the game made a few horrible decisions and forgot about his character. They penalize you whenever you kill someone that's not your target, which is usually fine, I understand that a professional only kills who he is contracted to kill but the scene at the orphanage where they are mercilessly slaughtering the nuns/women of faith should've been the one time where you could go in guns a blazing since 47's faith is one of his defining characteristics. Some of the mechanics were horrible, some were good. The AI were too good at spotting your disguises when you're supposed to be a master of disguise and the only way to get past their suspicion was to run your hand over your head or pull your hat down, or lower your head a bit?

Honestly, I really had no issue about the "a to b" structure of the levels.

I agree about the orphanage bit, but it would have been a bit of an exception to just have that level and that level alone not have the same rules as the others. I get why you don't like it; I just don't agree with it.

the disguise system was strange, i'll give you that.

honestly, Absolution did have its faults. I can't deny that. I just think it had a lot more positives than negatives (by a long way).

I guess I'm just used to people pretending Blood Money was some kind of masterpiece compared to it, and getting tired of it.

That can be done, but I don't think it can be done successfully to attract the masses and get their money and support for the franchise. Most people won't have the attention span.

Honestly, I don't agree. I honestly think you could make the movie largely about that, and sprinkle in some big actions scenes, and it would still work.

Wei Phoenix
Honestly, I really had no issue about the "a to b" structure of the levels.

I agree about the orphanage bit, but it would have been a bit of an exception to just have that level and that level alone not have the same rules as the others. I get why you don't like it; I just don't agree with it.

the disguise system was strange, i'll give you that.

honestly, Absolution did have its faults. I can't deny that. I just think it had a lot more positives than negatives (by a long way).

I guess I'm just used to people pretending Blood Money was some kind of masterpiece compared to it, and getting tired of it.

Honestly, I don't agree. I honestly think you could make the movie largely about that, and sprinkle in some big actions scenes, and it would still work.

My dislike was just for the orphanage level. I don't mind losing points for killing guards in other stages or any random person in the way.

Yeah, at points like the china town marketplace, I found it silly how some worker will stop what he's doing because I look suspicious to him in an area with hundreds of people walking around. Then again, it did make sense in other stages like when you're being pursued by the police in that museum? It made sense that the other cops were suspicious of you. I think they would know everyone who arrived on the scene.

Yeah, Absolution was never a horrible game in my opinion, a good step in the right direction from Blood Money.

Oh no, Blood Money was like easy mode on every difficulty. The disguise system was way too easy imo. Once again, I understand that he's supposed to be a master of disguise but they should have made it more difficult to acquire disguises. Story wasn't all of that either. I feel as if Blood Money's critical reaction was mostly the reason why the Hitman series went on such a long hiatus.

As for the direction to take a live action film, I think we're looking from two different perspectives. I'm judging the fan/viewer reaction from the typical American perspective. I feel as if the majority of Americans wouldn't have the attention span to enjoy a movie centered around stealth, "accidents" and a legendary ghost. I may be wrong though.

-Pr-
My dislike was just for the orphanage level. I don't mind losing points for killing guards in other stages or any random person in the way.

Yeah, at points like the china town marketplace, I found it silly how some worker will stop what he's doing because I look suspicious to him in an area with hundreds of people walking around. Then again, it did make sense in other stages like when you're being pursued by the police in that museum? It made sense that the other cops were suspicious of you. I think they would know everyone who arrived on the scene.

Yeah, Absolution was never a horrible game in my opinion, a good step in the right direction from Blood Money.

Oh no, Blood Money was like easy mode on every difficulty. The disguise system was way too easy imo. Once again, I understand that he's supposed to be a master of disguise but they should have made it more difficult to acquire disguises. Story wasn't all of that either. I feel as if Blood Money's critical reaction was mostly the reason why the Hitman series went on such a long hiatus.

As for the direction to take a live action film, I think we're looking from two different perspectives. I'm judging the fan/viewer reaction from the typical American perspective. I feel as if the majority of Americans wouldn't have the attention span to enjoy a movie centered around stealth, "accidents" and a legendary ghost. I may be wrong though.

Yeah, I thought that. Every time I play the orphanage level, I don't even try to get a good score. I go scorched earth on all those mother****ers.

yeah. the disguises thing was just strange. I liked the whole "Instinct" thing in theory, it was just badly implemented. I wish that the disguise and how well it works was more down to behaviour and things like that, personally.

I do like Blood Money. I do. I just prefer Absolution. I especially love that I have so much freedom in some levels.

Honestly, I feel like I should clarify. I was looking at it from a similar perspective to an extent. I don't mind some big, bombastic action scenes. I just think that, at least at the start, we should see him be the ghost that kills when nobody expects it, or makes things look like accidents. then in the third act make him do what most of us do when we **** up stealth: Kill every single last person on the level. I think a balance could be good, and work well on screen. At least show us that the action hero route is a last resort, not his default setting.

Placidity
Poster out.

It's almost as bad as Batman fighting in broad daylight in TDKR:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_Fr49ZUwAExJhB.jpg:large

http://www.empireonline.com/images/image_index/original/62179.jpg

Kazenji
yYONeB7X5Rk

marwash22
pretty excited for this, though i'm not sure i like that they went the cliche route of the guy being saddled with a woman. Hopefully he doesn't all of a sudden become an idiot just to protect her or whatever.

Nemesis X
Saw this and it's kind of a mixed bag. First half of the movie has 47 doing as he did in the games (for the most part): prepped before beginning the missions, timed his kills, took out personnel to wear their uniforms, equipped wire, etc.. It wasn't until the second half when 47 meets the Mary Sue of the flick that everything slowly spiraled into full panic mode, making the first half hour seem irrelevant because 47 decided to change his profession from assassin to friggin Rambo with pistols.

BruceSkywalker
saw this yesterday.. its a pretty decent action flick.. although i do have to think that paul walker would have been much much better

Kazenji
Hell no... to Paul Walker.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.