General Zod vs Kurse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
1. H2H
2. Both use full powers and abilities no BFR
3. The above with BFR allowed

Who wins in each of the above?

zopzop
Unless Zod finds out about Kurse's iron weakness, Kurse should annihilate him 10/10.

h1a8
Originally posted by ozz81
1. H2H
2. Both use full powers and abilities no BFR
3. The above with BFR allowed

Who wins in each of the above?

Let's see,

1. Zod, who wouldn't hold back, is in the vicinity of Clark's strength (which is more than 4x Thor).

2. Astronomically faster

3. Has HV, freeze breath, super reflexes (can see things as statues)

4. In 3. bfr is allowed and thus it's a no brainer really.

Only beginner level debaters argue that who's stronger always wins (ignoring the complete powerset of both characters). Speed alone would stomp Kurse.

Zods stomps in all three 10/10

Silent Master
It's nice to know that you still have zero knowledge about Thor related characters.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by zopzop
Unless Zod finds out about Kurse's iron weakness, Kurse should annihilate him 10/10.

Fully agree.

sCOURGE_0
Kurse has been injured by lava, HV would hurt him significantly

Zod in all three

1. Kurse has strength, Zod has speed and skill

2. Kurse can't defend against HV

3. Kurse gets launched out of orbit

zopzop
Originally posted by sCOURGE_0
Kurse has been injured by lava, HV would hurt him significantly

Wait, what? Are you referring to the time he died in lava? Dude that was Algrim BEFORE he got the Beyonder upgrades to his power.

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
It's nice to know that you still have zero knowledge about Thor related characters. If I had no knowledge then explain how I know that Kurse if 4x stronger than Thor.

Silent Master
Do you really believe that you can prove that Zod is more than 4x Thor in strength?

the Darkone

agreed!!

Mshinu
Kurse by breaking Zod`s neck.

Golgo13
Kurse.

D-Block
Kurse

DTM
Zod would make it an interesting fight if this is 2x Thor level Kurse, but Id say Kurse would still win in the end. If this is 4x Thor level Kurse, Kurse beats the crud out of him.

SevenShackles
How do their speed match up?

DTM
As a kryptonian, Id imagine Zods level of speed (superspeed in his case) would be superior to Kurses.

TheLordofMurder

thumb up

ThereIsHope
How was Kurse defeated?

carver9
Didnt Bill and Thor beat him by combining the God Blast?

h1a8
Do you really believe that you can prove that Zod is more than 4x Thor in strength? Of course I can, unless you believe Clark is more than 2x stronger than Zod.

Going by feats, Superman is easily more than 4x stronger than Thor.
Zod is about Superman's strength since he was able to break Superman's jaw with a punch.

The following doesn't pertain to you Silent but rather some members here.
What is this nonsense of strength being the number 1 advantage? Or better yet, whose stronger is who will win? WTF kind of debating is that.

Zod has a bazillion other useful powers, like hv (that goes easily through Superman), super speed (wins alone), freeze breath, etc.

zopzop, sevenshackles, dtm, and thelordofmurder are guilty of this nonsense debating here. I thought versatility and speed were the number 1 factors, especially speed. Isn't that why Surfer can beat many that are far stronger than him? Hell people give mad credit to those who can stop time. But isn't being astronomically faster equivalent to stopping time? Geez

Why is strength more important than anything in a forum fight? Hell I'm shocked to see members saying Kurse wins when bfr is on.

zopzop
Originally posted by carver9
Didnt Bill and Thor beat him by combining the God Blast?
Close. Energizer or whatever her name was from Power Pack, drained BOTH Mjolnir and Stormbreaker and unleashes a huge ass blast at Kurse.

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
Of course I can, unless you believe Clark is more than 2x stronger than Zod.

No ABC logic, using only strength feats performed by Zod...can you prove that he's 4x Thor in strength?

deathlife
Kurse

h1a8
No ABC logic, using only strength feats performed by Zod...can you prove that he's 4x Thor in strength? Breaking Superman's jaw is a strength feat.
Isn't Hulk breaking adamantium a strength feat?

Silent Master
Breaking Superman's jaw is a strength feat.

Breaking Superman's jaw doesn't prove 4x Thor strength.

the Darkone
Superman and Zod are equals, it's just Zod is willing to kill as where Superman holds back. Superman=Zod=Thor<<<<Kurse who is 4x stronger than Thor and anybody else in his paid grade.

Unless zod develop some telepathic abilities, he wont figure out Kurse weakness to Iron, Kurse is highly durable even Beta Ray Bill and Thor w/Belt of Strength couldn't stop him, Kurse is that damn tough and General Zod will wish he never screw with upgraded dark elf in Kurse.

SevenShackles
Breaking Superman's jaw is a strength feat.
Breaking supermans jaw? Wasn't that the red suit (russian) zod or does his feats apply to the actual general zod? (they are not physically the same person) or is there another zod breaking clarks jaw feat?

the Darkone
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Breaking supermans jaw? Wasn't that the red suit (russian) zod or does his feats apply to the actual general zod? (they are not physically the same person) or is there another zod breaking clarks jaw feat?

thumb up

On top of that Red Zod sucker punch Superman, that's how he broke Superman jaw. That happens in real life fighting situation, when you don't clinched your jaw or brace for the blow, it will get broken, H1!

All the times they fought, it was only the Red Zod the broke Superman jaw by a sucker punch, he didn't even see Red Zod coming.

Silent Master

Originally posted by the Darkone
thumb up

On top of that Red Zod sucker punch Superman, that's how he broke Superman jaw. That happens in real life fighting situation, when you don't clinched your jaw or brace for the blow, it will get broken, H1!

All the times they fought, it was only the Red Zod the broke Superman jaw by a sucker punch, he didn't even see Red Zod coming.

I see, so on top of the feat not proving what h1 is claiming, he also left out the context.

Good to know.

h1a8
thumb up

You are right to a point. It did contribute to the damage done. But even though, how much strength is needed to break Superman's jaw even if he's not fully aware? I'm pretty sure Superman has been sucker punched several times and that not happen.

But which Zod wasn't specified, so my assumption was wrong anyway.

You are right! Didn't think of that. OP must specify which Zod we are using.

Even so, both Zod's are roughly equal to Superman in strength and Superman is more than 4x stronger than Thor by feats.

Zod still has super speed and HV and has bfr option in the last fight though.

Silent Master
What Zod feats place him x4 Thor in strength?

h1a8
What Zod feats place him x4 Thor in strength?

If we going by Red Zod then still breaking Superman's jaw. You would need to strength of Superman himself to do that, even if it's a sucker punch.

If we going by the other Zod then it was clearly shown that him and Clark were roughly the same strength. And that proves it.

Silent Master
If we going by Red Zod then still breaking Superman's jaw. You would need to strength of Superman himself to do that, even if it's a sucker punch.

If we going by the other Zod then it was clearly shown that him and Clark were roughly the same strength. And that proves it.

Breaking Superman jaw doesn't prove x4 Thor strength.

I'll ask again, What Zod feats place him at x4 Thor in strength?

SevenShackles
Could kurses tracking ability be uses to help counter whatever speed advantage zod might have?

h1a8

It doesn't?
Ok then would you agree one needs the strength in the vicinity of Superman or more to do such a thing?

Silent Master
It doesn't?
Ok then would you agree one needs the strength in the vicinity of Superman or more to do such a thing?

No it doesn't

Now, What Zod feats place him at x4 Thor in strength?

h1a8
No it doesn't

So you can be substantially weaker than Superman and still break his jaw?

Silent Master
So you can be substantially weaker than Superman and still break his jaw?

I'll ask again, What Zod feats place him at x4 Thor in strength?

kgkg
Even so, both Zod's are roughly equal to Superman in strength and Superman is more than 4x stronger than Thor by feats. Wait....what only 4 times stronger than Thor? I thought at one time you said Superman was hundreds of time stronger than Thor.

Have you changed your mind?

h1a8
You said that. Please answer the question though.

h1a8
Originally posted by kgkg
Wait....what only 4 times stronger than Thor? I thought at one time you said Superman was hundreds of time stronger than Thor.

Have you changed your mind?

"Even so, both Zod's are roughly equal to Superman in strength and Superman is more than 4x stronger than Thor by feats."

Silent Master
You said that. Please answer the question though.

And I'll keep saying it, until you provide feats for Zod that prove he's 4x Thor.

h1a8
And I'll keep saying it, until you provide feats for Zod that prove he's 4x Thor.

What are you talking about? I'm asking you different questions.

Are you going to answer this question?

So can you be substantially weaker than Superman and still break his jaw?

Silent Master
What are you talking about? I'm asking you different questions.

Are you going to answer this question?

So can you be substantially weaker than Superman and still break his jaw?

I'm talking about your claim in regards to Zod's strength.

h1a8
I'm talking about your claim in regards to Zod's strength.

The feat where he breaks Superman jaw. But you don't accept that. So I'm trying to prove that it does show that Zod has more than 4x Thor's strength. But you refuse to answer my question. How can we discuss an issue when you are not willing to discuss?

In your own little way you are trolling. You might not like me and that's cool but I'm more than willing to participate in a sensible discussion, even answer your questions as well.

Silent Master
The feat where he breaks Superman jaw. But you don't accept that. So I'm trying to prove that it does show that Zod has more than 4x Thor's strength. But you refuse to answer my question. How can we discuss an issue when you are not willing to discuss?

In your own little way you are trolling. You might not like me and that's cool but I'm more than willing to participate in a sensible discussion, even answer your questions as well.

By all means prove it, by posting other feats for Zod that back up your claim that he's 4x Thor in strength.

kgkg
"Even so, both Zod's are roughly equal to Superman in strength and Superman is more than 4x stronger than Thor by feats." Ohh okay so do you still think Superman is 100X stronger than Thor?

Brockalizer
Superman and Zod are equals, it's just Zod is willing to kill as where Superman holds back. Superman=Zod=Thor<<<<Kurse who is 4x stronger than Thor and anybody else in his paid grade.

Unless zod develop some telepathic abilities, he wont figure out Kurse weakness to Iron, Kurse is highly durable even Beta Ray Bill and Thor w/Belt of Strength couldn't stop him, Kurse is that damn tough and General Zod will wish he never screw with upgraded dark elf in Kurse. While I am not claiming do be a Zod expert, I would argue that they are not equals. Both of their power sets are based on radiation from Earth's yellow sun correct? Since Clark has been absorbing that radiation longer logically he should be stronger, similar to Hulk and Maestro. I would argue that Clark's holding back strength is equal to Zod's normal strength. I could be wrong, if I am I'm sure H1 will correct me.

h1a8
By all means prove it, by posting other feats for Zod that back up your claim that he's 4x Thor in strength.

What does it matter as long as I prove it right?
There are many ways to go about proving things. One way is discussing things to gain a common ground. Without a common ground proof is not possible in your eyes. That's why it's imperative that you answer my questions as I direct them. So that we can get a common basis on which to build or discuss on.

Do you believe Zod had roughly the strength of Superman?

Originally posted by Brockalizer
While I am not claiming do be a Zod expert, I would argue that they are not equals. Both of their power sets are based on radiation from Earth's yellow sun correct? Since Clark has been absorbing that radiation longer logically he should be stronger, similar to Hulk and Maestro. I would argue that Clark's holding back strength is equal to Zod's normal strength. I could be wrong, if I am I'm sure H1 will correct me.

Probably so, but it takes some tremendous strength to break Superman's jaw considering the durability feats Superman has.

h1a8
Originally posted by kgkg
Ohh okay so do you still think Superman is 100X stronger than Thor?

Well not using average characters. IMO
Average Superman is roughly 4-7 times stronger than average Thor (non holding back strength) and about 2-4 times stronger with holding back strength.

But using high end characters I would say definitely more than 100x stronger.

Silent Master
I'm going to take your refusal to post strength feats for Zod as a concession.

h1a8

Why troll me? You are ignoring what I just said and inserting what you want.
Do you want to discuss the issue or not? If not then don't respond to my posts.

Now do you believe that Zod has roughly the strength of Superman?

Silent Master

SevenShackles

I'm curious do you think superman is 4x stronger than Thor?
All this '4xstronger' crap kinda started under the impression that superman was 4xstronger (or more I guess) and that zod somehow equals and/or surpasses superman so he is capable of handling someone Who is in fact 4x Thor in strength.

I ask what you think because even if a zod feat is presented that shows him as supermans equal or better it won't mean squat if you don't think superman is 4x stronger than thor in the first place. (not like such a comparison between Thor and Clark will be stated in a DC comic and is up to opinion more than anything else)

Oh and on the breaking clarks jaw I'm sure someone of lesser strength could break his jaw if they caught him off guard and hit the right spot (like in real life)
thumb up

He didn't brace himself and I'm sure enough power and speed not necessarily upto clarks level applied right could break his jaw. Have no proof, just my opinion.

h1a8
I'm curious do you think superman is 4x stronger than Thor?
All this '4xstronger' crap kinda started under the impression that superman was 4xstronger (or more I guess) and that zod somehow equals and/or surpasses superman so he is capable of handling someone Who is in fact 4x Thor in strength.

I ask what you think because even if a zod feat is presented that shows him as supermans equal or better it won't mean squat if you don't think superman is 4x stronger than thor in the first place. (not like such a comparison between Thor and Clark will be stated in a DC comic and is up to opinion more than anything else)

Oh and on the breaking clarks jaw I'm sure someone of lesser strength could break his jaw if they caught him off guard and hit the right spot (like in real life)

He didn't brace himself and I'm sure enough power and speed not necessarily upto clarks level applied right could break his jaw. Have no proof, just my opinion.

We also have other evidence as well. After Superman recovers from the broken jaw he engages Zod with gusto. Zod then again bloodies up Superman with ease and is shown to manhandle Superman against his will (choking him). Clearly the writer's intent is that Zod is at least a peer to Superman in strength.

But you are right if Superman is not more than 4x stronger than Thor then the argument fails. But going by feats we clearly understand that Superman is 4x or more stronger than Thor.

Now Thor hitting with Mjolnir creates the illusion that he is in the vicinity of Superman's strength.

SevenShackles
We also have other evidence as well. After Superman recovers from the broken jaw he engages Zod with gusto. Zod then again bloodies up Superman with ease and is shown to manhandle Superman against his will (choking him). Clearly the writer's intent is that Zod is at least a peer to Superman in strength.

But you are right if Superman is not more than 4x stronger than Thor then the argument fails. But going by feats we clearly understand that Superman is 4x or more stronger than Thor.

Now Thor hitting with Mjolnir creates the illusion that he is in the vicinity of Superman's strength.

If you wanna compare strength between superman and Zod you could bring up supermans statement of bizarro's body being stronger than his own and the fact Zod nearly killed him. It could be taken as ABC logic.

The problem here is the Zod your speaking of is Russian Zod. The human who took to calling himself Zod due to some odd plot involving a Pocket universe Zod whispering in his ear or some crap. That Zod is not this Zod. Any feats involving the Red Suit Zod like the above bizarro handling and the mentioned happenings of the jaw breaking and all fights that follow can't be used in this case.

When he broke out of the phantom zone and the new krypton Zod feats are needed and mostly I just remember him being a leader until being eventually beaten by superman.

h1a8
If you wanna compare strength between superman and Zod you could bring up supermans statement of bizarro's body being stronger than his own and the fact Zod nearly killed him. It could be taken as ABC logic.

The problem here is the Zod your speaking of is Russian Zod. The human who took to calling himself Zod due to some odd plot involving a Pocket universe Zod whispering in his ear or some crap. That Zod is not this Zod. Any feats involving the Red Suit Zod like the above bizarro handling and the mentioned happenings of the jaw breaking and all fights that follow can't be used in this case.

When he broke out of the phantom zone and the new krypton Zod feats are needed and mostly I just remember him being a leader until being eventually beaten by superman.

Correct. I read the our worlds at war arc but don't remember seeing the discussion of the origin of this red suit Zod. Maybe this occurred before or after the arc? Somehow I thought Clark thought he killed Zod but didn't. And this Zod needed the suit to survive because he was badly damaged from that kryptonite incident.

But you are right this Zod is not in the fight. I guess.

Silent Master
Which means you now have zero feats to back up your claim of Zod having 4x Thor strength.

SevenShackles
Correct. I read the our worlds at war arc but don't remember seeing the discussion of the origin of this red suit Zod. Maybe this occurred before or after the arc? Somehow I thought Clark thought he killed Zod but didn't. And this Zod needed the suit to survive because he was badly damaged from that kryptonite incident.

But you are right this Zod is not in the fight. I guess.
(taken form wiki)
This General Zod is a Russian who was affected before his birth by Kryptonite radiation, since he was the son of two cosmonauts whose ship was too close to Kal-El's rocketship. This Zod is unnaturally weak under a yellow sun, but superpowered under a red sun (the opposite of Superman). After his parents died from radiation, he grew up in a KGB laboratory under the name "Zed." Apparently spoken to by the spirit of the Pocket Universe Zod, Russian Zod created a suit of red armor which filtered the sunlight, and declared himself ruler of the fictional former Soviet state of Pokolistan.

h1a8
(taken form wiki)
This General Zod is a Russian who was affected before his birth by Kryptonite radiation, since he was the son of two cosmonauts whose ship was too close to Kal-El's rocketship. This Zod is unnaturally weak under a yellow sun, but superpowered under a red sun (the opposite of Superman). After his parents died from radiation, he grew up in a KGB laboratory under the name "Zed." Apparently spoken to by the spirit of the Pocket Universe Zod, Russian Zod created a suit of red armor which filtered the sunlight, and declared himself ruler of the fictional former Soviet state of Pokolistan.

Cool.
So we are using white haired Zod then?
Or the Zod that got free from the phantom zone?

Op make a decision.

the Darkone
Red Armor Zod will get his head crushed in literally, if Beta Ray Bill and Thor w/Belt of strength couldn't put Kurse down neither will Zod or any other Zod period.

Kurse 10/10

SevenShackles
Red Armor Zod will get his head crushed in literally, if Beta Ray Bill and Thor w/Belt of strength couldn't put Kurse down neither will Zod.

Kurse 10/10

Not that Zod but still the same result all around it would seem.

the Darkone
Not that Zod but still the same result all around it would seem.

Kurse will beat that Zod down so bad, he be crawling back to the Phantom Zone.

tkitna
This whole jaw breaking argument is dumber then hell. I knew a football player in highschool that got his jaw broken by being punched by his 90lb. girlfriend. It was a sucker punch, but she was way weaker then he was. The jaw was broken because she hit it just right. Breaking somebodys jaw has nothing to do with how strong a person is.

Kurse destroys Zod. If Zod had any brains at all, he would use his speed to get the f@#$ out of dodge before Kurse could grab him.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by tkitna
This whole jaw breaking argument is dumber then hell. I knew a football player in highschool that got his jaw broken by being punched by his 90lb. girlfriend. It was a sucker punch, but she was way weaker then he was. The jaw was broken because she hit it just right. Breaking somebodys jaw has nothing to do with how strong a person is.

Kurse destroys Zod. If Zod had any brains at all, he would use his speed to get the f@#$ out of dodge before Kurse could grab him.

dont remember the limit to Kurse tracking ability but couldnt he just follow Zod and give a beating? (unless he went very very very far that is smokin' )

Golgo13
What are kurses speed feats?

Brockalizer

Probably so, but it takes some tremendous strength to break Superman's jaw considering the durability feats Superman has. Not really, I could break Brock Lesnar's jaw if I sucker punched him, and he out weighs me by almost 100lbs and has tanked shots that would make me cry.

h1a8

Somehow I don't believe this. You trying to sell us lies?

I seen several people get sucker punched (from people even stronger) and not one jaw broken. Have to hit it just right you say? Well the writer didn't think of this and he had Zod break Superman's jaw because of strength.

Forget the jaw break we have other feats like
Zod almost killing Bizarro
Zod easily blooding Superman after he recovered
Zod manhandling Superman against his will.

Bottomline: You don't think Superman is more than 4x stronger than Thor do you?

Not really, I could break Brock Lesnar's jaw if I sucker punched him, and he out weighs me by almost 100lbs and has tanked shots that would make me cry.

Well the thing is you most likely won't break his jaw if you sucker punched him. Chances are against you buddy. But what's more important is that the writer had Zod break Superman's jaw to show his incredible strength. No way the writer was thinking that the only way Zod can break Superman's jaw is through a sucker punch.

But's whats even more important are Zod's other feats that back up his strength being equal or superior to Superman's. Which was the whole point of the jaw breaking argument. If one feat doesn't work then we got others, no worries.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Golgo13
What are kurses speed feats? He can go like this... thwip, thwip, thwip, really fast with his hands.

And, he has been seen running from here to there very quickly, even without stretching first.

Brockalizer

Bottomline: You don't think Superman is more than 4x stronger than Thor do you? I see them and honestly not impressed. I don't doubt for a second that Kurse couldn't beat Bizarro to death or bloody Superman with a single punch, given the opportunity.

h1a8
I see them and honestly not impressed. I don't doubt for a second that Kurse couldn't beat Bizarro to death or bloody Superman with a single punch, given the opportunity.

You know that Kurse is exactly 4x stronger than Thor right?

So do you believe that Superman is more than 4x stronger than Thor?

tkitna
Somehow I don't believe this. You trying to sell us lies?

I really dont care what you believe, but what I say is the truth. Your argument about the broken jaw is way off base as most of the stuff you spew around here is.

So the writer claimed on panel that Zod was able to break Supermans jaw because of how strong he is, or is this just something your dreaming up or assuming?

This is nothing that Kurse couldnt do.

I dont know or care. He might be or he might not. I realize its important to you, but I would doubt that he's 4x's stronger. I do feel that Kurse is stronger then Thor, Superman, and Zod though.

Kurse wins

Golgo13
Originally posted by Horrificus
He can go like this... thwip, thwip, thwip, really fast with his hands.

And, he has been seen running from here to there very quickly, even without stretching first.

So, Maurice Greene fast?

h1a8

I dont know or care. He might be or he might not. I realize its important to you, but I would doubt that he's 4x's stronger. I do feel that Kurse is stronger then Thor, Superman, and Zod though.

Kurse wins

But see, you should care because it's the crux of your argument of why Kurse wins.
If Superman is more than 4x stronger than Thor then Zod is at least as strong as Kurse. Thus Kurse's doesn't even have any advantages.

You just can't feel Kurse is stronger than Superman without proof. Otherwise, you are bias and are in no position to debate. Just because Kurse is 4x stronger than Thor doesn't mean he is stronger than Supes (unless you think that Superman is not more than 4x stronger than Thor).

Lastly, you are not taking in consideration other, more important, things.
Things like HV, speed, bfr options, super reflexes, etc. should be considered as they are more important than strength.

SevenShackles

I seen several people get sucker punched (from people even stronger) and not one jaw broken. Have to hit it just right you say? Well the writer didn't think of this and he had Zod break Superman's jaw because of strength.

Bottomline: You don't think Superman is more than 4x stronger than Thor do you?

Well the thing is you most likely won't break his jaw if you sucker punched him. Chances are against you buddy. But what's more important is that the writer had Zod break Superman's jaw to show his incredible strength. No way the writer was thinking that the only way Zod can break Superman's jaw is through a sucker punch.

But's whats even more important are Zod's other feats that back up his strength being equal or superior to Superman's. Which was the whole point of the jaw breaking argument. If one feat doesn't work then we got others, no worries.

Your replying on Russian Zod feats again. I'm starting to think the actual Zod doesn't have any feats other than 'matching' superman until he gets beat up.

It's like saying ultimate spiderman could do -insert feat here- so the new ultimate spiderman must be capable of it because they have similar power sets and are named spiderman.
I don't think you'll convince anyone with that argument.

Brockalizer

So do you believe that Superman is more than 4x stronger than Thor? Maybe, maybe not it's still irrelevant, it takes more than strength to win a fight. I have seen zero evidence that Kurse couldn't hurt Zod and as far as speed goes Superman gets hit by people slower than he is all the time, if guys like Lobo, Guy Gardner, Mongul, Parasite, Batman, or Darkseid can hit a Kryptonian I have no reason to believe Kurse couldn't hit Zod.

Branlor Swift

So do you believe that Superman is more than 4x stronger than Thor? H1 logic dictates that since Hyperion was able to stall a universe from colliding with another, and that Hulk was able to stalemate him, that Hulk is around this level.

And Thor beat a powered up WWH, stalemated a Savage Hulk in pure strength for an hour, and him and Hulk seemingly knocked each other out off panel.

So Thor isn't too far behind Hulk who is about strong anough to hold back a universe.

Superman isn't even close.

smile

h1a8
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
H1 logic dictates that since Hyperion was able to stall a universe from colliding with another, and that Hulk was able to stalemate him, that Hulk is around this level.

And Thor beat a powered up WWH, stalemated a Savage Hulk in pure strength for an hour, and him and Hulk seemingly knocked each other out off panel.

So Thor isn't too far behind Hulk who is about strong anough to hold back a universe.

Superman isn't even close.

smile

Hulk is variable due to anger. Thus any feat against him isn't proof of exact strength. Now if we see Hulk achieve a strength feat in a specific comic and another character has a feat against him in that same comic then we can gauge the strength level of the other.

Thor uses a weapon, which amplifies his striking. Thus any feat Thor has of beating up someone with the hammer gives a misleading picture of his strength.

Branlor Swift
Hulk is variable due to anger. Thus any feat against him isn't proof of exact strength. Now if we see Hulk achieve a strength feat in a specific comic and another character has a feat against him in that same comic then we can gauge the strength level of the other.

Thor uses a weapon, which amplifies his striking. Thus any feat Thor has of beating up someone with the hammer gives a misleading picture of his strength. Except when Hulk was pissed when he was powered up as Cul's henchman. And the whole point of WWH in the first place is missed by your logic.

Except when Hulk is pissed for an hour, and Thor was using pure strength.

Except when Thor and him knock each other out in the same series before he fights Hyperion when Hulk is being mentally controlled by the same girl.

And Kurse can manhandle Thor when he has Mjolnir.

Brockalizer
Thor uses a weapon, which amplifies his striking. Thus any feat Thor has of beating up someone with the hammer gives a misleading picture of his strength. So if Kurse is exactly 4x Thor's strength is that lifting strength, or striking strength. And if it's striking is it with or without the hammer?

tkitna

You just can't feel Kurse is stronger than Superman without proof.

Do any of us have real proof? Was there an issue in which Kurse and Superman arm wrestled or lifted weights to see who was stronger? If not, your statement is bogus. You say I cant feel Kurse is stronger, but yet that is exactly how your basing your argument.

Thor had the belt of strength on and Kurse was smacking him around like a child. I dont feel Superman is much stronger if at all then Thor with the belt of strength. So, yes, I feel Kurse is more then a match for Zod in this instance.

Sure I am. I'm just not confident that they would be effective enough to tip the scales. Speed is the biggest thing here, and Zod would be smart to use it for the sole purpose of running away.

Hyperion Prime
Kurse would kill ZOD. Why is everyone on Zods nutz.

h1a8
Do any of us have real proof? Was there an issue in which Kurse and Superman arm wrestled or lifted weights to see who was stronger? If not, your statement is bogus. You say I cant feel Kurse is stronger, but yet that is exactly how your basing your argument. Feats are the proof. Just look at the feats and it will be clear.

Beyonder made Kurse 4x stronger than Thor. Thor with belt is 2x stronger. 4x > 2x.
Also Spidey can knock someone around like a child. Knocking someone around isn't a true gauge of strength, damage is.

HV can seriously damage Kurse, Freeze breath can increase the speed gap even more, and Zod can always bfr Kurse since Kurse can't fly. If Zod wanted to then he could probably just see Kurse as a statue and do what he wants anytime he wants. He could probably sodomize Kurse before Kurse can do anything about it.
I know that is not going to happen according to the rules we use, but only IF really Zod wanted. Stupid Zod (or is he?)

Originally posted by Hyperion Prime

Why would Kurse kill Zod, because he's stronger?

the Darkone
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime

No clue, Zod would get beat the hell down.

Kurse 10/10

Horrificus
Originally posted by Golgo13
So, Maurice Greene fast? To make an accurate call, I would have to see and hear Maurice do the "thwip, thwip" with the hands. Then I can give an opinion. But, I would imagine it is possible.

DTM
Considering how much more powerful Kurse was to Thor (especially 4X Thor Kurse), and that most consider Superman and Thor to be in the same ball park power-wise, I cant see for the life of me how Zod has anything more than a minute chance, if any, to beat Kurse.

tkitna
Beyonder made Kurse 4x stronger than Thor. Thor with belt is 2x stronger. 4x > 2x.
Also Spidey can knock someone around like a child. Knocking someone around isn't a true gauge of strength, damage is.

So you think Thor was in good shape after he was knocked around? What the f**k?

A lot stronger so yes.

curryman
lmfao at people claiming Thor wasn't injured by Kurse.

ThereIsHope
No battle field removal............probably curse would win due to his invunrability. What could Zod do to him? He may just beat up on him till he finds out his weakness to iron though.

h1a8
So you think Thor was in good shape after he was knocked around? What the f**k?

A lot stronger so yes. Someone of equal or slightly lesser strength has knocked around and serious hurt the other.

You base Kurse being a lot stronger off Thor. But Superman is a lot stronger than Thor. Do you believe Kurse was more than 4x stronger than Thor?

h1a8
Originally posted by ThereIsHope
No battle field removal............probably curse would win due to his invunrability. What could Zod do to him? He may just beat up on him till he finds out his weakness to iron though. Thor was 2x weaker as the reason why he couldn't hurt him that much. But when Thor used the belt to match his strength then Thor was able to hurt him significantly. So beyonder increased Kurse's strength to 4x Thor. Now we are back to square 1. So anyone who is 4x as strong as Thor will hurt Kurse significantly. Zod's is such a guy

DTM
Im baffled why you think Zod (or Superman for that matter) is 4x as strong/tough/powerful as Thor. I mean, IMO I do think Superman is a bit stronger and tougher than Thor physically, but its no where near 4x as much.

h1a8
Originally posted by DTM
Im baffled why you think Zod (or Superman for that matter) is 4x as strong/tough/powerful as Thor. I mean, IMO I do think Superman is a bit stronger and tougher than Thor physically, but its no where near 4x as much. If you look at their feats then you would see that there is a vast difference. Thor hitting with an awesome hammer can create the illusion of natural strength.

DTM
So you think Superman would slaughter Thor then, possibly even easier than Kurse would, if you believe Superman = Kurse in physical power, plus all of Supermans others powers.

the Darkone
Zod can't harm Kurse period, as where Kurse can beat the crap out Zod. Kurse is too strong and too damn durable, one of the best bricks in comics plus he can track you down where ever you go. Kurse>>>>Thor w/belt of strength>>Thor=Beta Ray Bill=Superman in strength and durability.

h1a8
Originally posted by DTM
So you think Superman would slaughter Thor then, possibly even easier than Kurse would, if you believe Superman = Kurse in physical power, plus all of Supermans others powers. Fighting smart and at his best, I think Superman would spite stomp Thor. But ABC logic there is faulty since Thor wasn't fighting at his best against Kurse. He could have beaten Kurse 6 ways to Sunday if he would have pulled out the good shit.

h1a8
Zod can't harm Kurse period, as where Kurse can beat the crap out Zod. Kurse is too strong and too damn durable, one of the best bricks in comics plus he can track you down where ever you go. Kurse>>>>Thor w/belt of strength>>Thor=Beta Ray Bill=Superman in strength and durability. Thor with belt could harm 2x Kurse. So it was understood that matching Kurse strength allowed one to harm him. So to harm Kurse requires 4x Thor strength or more right? Well Zod has that

DTM
So you dont give Kurse too much credit, because the Thor he slaughtered wasnt fighting to his fullest? While I do respect your opinion, your level for Superman/Zod compared to Thor is WAY different from mine.

h1a8
Originally posted by DTM
So you dont give Kurse too much credit, because the Thor he slaughtered wasnt fighting to his fullest? While I do respect your opinion, your level for Superman/Zod compared to Thor is WAY different from mine. Thor becomes a peer to Superman because of Mjolnir. Hell without Mjolnir Thor wouldn't be herald status (not even low herald)

DTM
Yep, we definately have a difference of opinion when it comes to Thor and Superman, methinks. smile

the Darkone
Thor without hammer is still elite herald level being, with hammer lo trans level. Feats Thor is by far one of the most herald level beings in comics, versatile and powerful.

Kurse owns from beginning to end, Zod doesn't have a chance.

Horrificus
Thor becomes a peer to Superman because of Mjolnir. Hell without Mjolnir Thor wouldn't be herald status (not even low herald) it's Thor's magic that Mjolnir works with. without the hammer, he would be no less powerful. he would just be a different character. probably like a physically more powerful Loki.

the Darkone
it's Thor's magic that Mjolnir works with. without the hammer, he would be no less powerful. he would just be a different character. probably like a physically more powerful Loki.

Thor hammer just controls the flow of Thor powers and abilities better. Thor showed us in Thor Ragnarok, basically killed a powerful brick in Durok without his hammer. Thor is high herald level without the hammer period, and what does Zod has base on feats to compare to Thor, nothing Thor would treat as a threat to earth and he would put a beating on Zod like you never believe, Thor would be willing to Kill Zod if need be as where Superman wouldn't.

h1a8
Thor without hammer is still elite herald level being, with hammer lo trans level. Feats Thor is by far one of the most herald level beings in comics, versatile and powerful.

Kurse owns from beginning to end, Zod doesn't have a chance.
No he isn't. Even herald level being will decimate Thor without his hammer.
Assuming that Kurse was stronger than Zod then Zod still has other powers, including super speed.

it's Thor's magic that Mjolnir works with. without the hammer, he would be no less powerful. he would just be a different character. probably like a physically more powerful Loki.
No it isn't. Mjlonir has it's own magic from Odin. Thor would be weak as shit without his hammer. Thor would only have some lightning powers (not as well as with Mjolnir though). That's it.

Thor hammer just controls the flow of Thor powers and abilities better. Thor showed us in Thor Ragnarok, basically killed a powerful brick in Durok without his hammer. Thor is high herald level without the hammer period, and what does Zod has base on feats to compare to Thor, nothing Thor would treat as a threat to earth and he would put a beating on Zod like you never believe, Thor would be willing to Kill Zod if need be as where Superman wouldn't. No it doesn't. It channels the Godblast. That's it. Mjolnir has lightning on it's own as shown a billion times over. Yes Thor has some godly energy that he can release without Mjolnir, but it is limited in power and scope.
Mjlonir has better power and with better scope and also more different powers (all because of Odin's enchantment).

pym-ftw
Speed feats for this Zod?

Third time asked

the Darkone
No he isn't. Even herald level being will decimate Thor without his hammer.
Assuming that Kurse was stronger than Zod then Zod still has other powers, including super speed.

No it isn't. Mjlonir has it's own magic from Odin. Thor would be weak as shit without his hammer. Thor would only have some lightning powers (not as well as with Mjolnir though). That's it.

No it doesn't. It channels the Godblast. That's it. Mjolnir has lightning on it's own as shown a billion times over. Yes Thor has some godly energy that he can release without Mjolnir, but it is limited in power and scope.
Mjlonir has better power and with better scope and also more different powers (all because of Odin's enchantment).

Are you slow or you cant comprehended, don't respond to me troll!!

the Darkone
Originally posted by pym-ftw

Third time asked

He's trolling, that's all he is good for!!

Brockalizer
Thor hammer just controls the flow of Thor powers and abilities better. Thor showed us in Thor Ragnarok, basically killed a powerful brick in Durok without his hammer. Thor is high herald level without the hammer period, and what does Zod has base on feats to compare to Thor, nothing Thor would treat as a threat to earth and he would put a beating on Zod like you never believe, Thor would be willing to Kill Zod if need be as where Superman wouldn't. Exactly, the hammer has no bearing on his overal strength level. Holding the hammer doesn't allow him to lift more, it channels his magic, just like you said, but H1 is also right in the regard that it increases his striking and can be used defensively. But again like you said, without the hammer he was able to kill Durok, he was also able to hurt Juggernaut with fist strikes.

h1a8

Third time asked

Zod has two speed feats that I know of.
One is him blitzing Superman to break his jaw.
The other is him blitzing Superman to hit him multiple times.

http://imageshack.us/a/img28/3541/zodblitzing.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img703/1700/zodblitzing2.png

h1a8
Exactly, the hammer has no bearing on his overal strength level. Holding the hammer doesn't allow him to lift more, it channels his magic, just like you said, but H1 is also right in the regard that it increases his striking and can be used defensively. But again like you said, without the hammer he was able to kill Durok, he was also able to hurt Juggernaut with fist strikes.

He didn't damage Juggs and that writer tied Juggs durability into his force field.
Thus taking away Juggs force field takes away his durability (or most of it).
We know Thor is very strong, but that's not enough to enter herald status.
The number 1 requirement (not the only one though) is

1. Defense or counter to being bfred to space.

Brockalizer

ANYONE can be bfr-ed into space if facing an opponent significantly more powerful. Hulk is herald level, but there isn't a doubt in my mind that Zeus couldn't have put him into orbit if he wanted too, or if Odin or Borr were animating the Destroyer I don't doubt that Morg, Terrax, or Surfer would see a similar result. Do you honestly believe that Parallax, Specter, or Superboy Prime couldn't do the same to Wonder Woman, Black Adam, Doomsday or possibly even Superman if they REALLY wanted too.

the Darkone
Exactly, the hammer has no bearing on his overal strength level. Holding the hammer doesn't allow him to lift more, it channels his magic, just like you said, but H1 is also right in the regard that it increases his striking and can be used defensively. But again like you said, without the hammer he was able to kill Durok, he was also able to hurt Juggernaut with fist strikes.

When Thor used his hammer to cut Juggernaut off from Cyttorak enchantment, basically making juggy force filed go bye bye, and Thor hit Juggernaut so hard Juggy's helmet got obliterated, they where trading hay-makers and Thor getting the best of him, Thor almost decapitate Juggy head if it wasn't for Cyttorak enchantment came back in the nick of time.

pym-ftw
He didn't damage Juggs and that writer tied Juggs durability into his force field.
Thus taking away Juggs force field takes away his durability (or most of it).

So Spot is herald lvl?

h1a8
So Spot is herald lvl?

I think you overlooked the bold here:

h1a8
ANYONE can be bfr-ed into space if facing an opponent significantly more powerful. Hulk is herald level, but there isn't a doubt in my mind that Zeus couldn't have put him into orbit if he wanted too, or if Odin or Borr were animating the Destroyer I don't doubt that Morg, Terrax, or Surfer would see a similar result. Do you honestly believe that Parallax, Specter, or Superboy Prime couldn't do the same to Wonder Woman, Black Adam, Doomsday or possibly even Superman if they REALLY wanted too. Hulk isn't herald level since he can be knocked into space at any time during a fight.

Herald=angel like

pym-ftw
Hulk has countered bfr

Thor can also "defend" himself from bfr...

Silent Master
Hulk has countered bfr

Thor can also "defend" himself from bfr...

Why are you letting h1a8 dictate the requirements needed in order to be called herald level?

SevenShackles
Why are you letting h1a8 dictate the requirements needed in order to be called herald level?

Was also curious about that.

Zack Fair
da fuq is h1 talking about?

pym-ftw
I have a plan
wink

SevenShackles
Zod has two speed feats that I know of.
One is him blitzing Superman to break his jaw.
The other is him blitzing Superman to hit him multiple times.

http://imageshack.us/a/img28/3541/zodblitzing.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img703/1700/zodblitzing2.png

Again.. This is not russian Zod. Is. Not. Those feats mean as much to this thread as thanos being owned by squirrel girl.

Your replying on Russian Zod feats again. I'm starting to think the actual Zod doesn't have any feats other than 'matching' superman until he gets beat up.

It's like saying ultimate spiderman could do -insert feat here- so the new ultimate spiderman must be capable of it because they have similar power sets and are named spiderman.
I don't think you'll convince anyone with that argument.

carver9
Hulk isn't herald level since he can be knocked into space at any time during a fight.

Herald=angel like

Is Doomsday Herald level?

h1a8
Is Doomsday Herald level?

Barely since he has the speed to defend against BFR (the kind that knocks you into space).

Remember either

1. defense against bfr (like speed)

or

2. A counter to bfr (flight, teleportation, etc.)

is needed (along with other things) to be a herald level being.

h1a8
Again.. This is not russian Zod. Is. Not. Those feats mean as much to this thread as thanos being owned by squirrel girl.

That is russian Zod, you see the red suit don't you? Geez!

SevenShackles
That is russian Zod, you see the red suit don't you? Geez!

Lol I mean in this fight, as in the Zod fighting Kurse in our imaginary battle. It's kryptonian Zod.
embarrasment embarrasment I am shamed by my own sentence structure.

carver9
Barely since he has the speed to defend against BFR (the kind that knocks you into space).

Remember either

1. defense against bfr (like speed)

or

2. A counter to bfr (flight, teleportation, etc.)

is needed (along with other things) to be a herald level being.

Hulk has super speed as well though. Hell, looking at his recent showings of speed, it appears his is>Doomsday by showings. Now again, is Doomsday Herald level because both him and Hulk have super speed.

Silent Master
Lol I mean in this fight, as in the Zod fighting Kurse in our imaginary battle. It's kryptonian Zod.
embarrasment embarrasment I am shamed by my own sentence structure.

I understood what you meant, but then I knew that this fight was about kryptonian Zod(since I read the OP) and thus your comment was rather obvious.

Maybe if h1a8 had read the OP, he'd have also understood your point.

-Pr-
Hulk has super speed as well though. Hell, looking at his recent showings of speed, it appears his is>Doomsday by showings. Now again, is Doomsday Herald level because both him and Hulk have super speed.

lol no.

And for a moment I thought you were going to start posting more reasonably.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
lol no.

And for a moment I thought you were going to start posting more reasonably.

Hahahahahaha...that is me posting reasonably though. His argument is flawed and my argument is debatable.

-Pr-
Hahahahahaha...that is me posting reasonably though. His argument is flawed and my argument is debatable.

It can be flawed and debatable at the same time.

carver9
It can be flawed and debatable at the same time.

No. Just no. It leans more on being debatable than flawed. Even if Doomsday is faster (and nope, he isn't), my argument still stands...both Hulk and Doomsday have super speed.

-Pr-
No. Just no. It leans more on being debatable than flawed. Even if Doomsday is faster (and nope, he isn't), my argument still stands...both Hulk and Doomsday have super speed.

The argument itself isn't flawed; your reasoning however, is.

And yes, Doomsday is faster, at least reflex wise.

Batman-Prime

DD has fought enemies far faster then Hulk and tagged the Flash.
Sure Hulk has superspeed but that doesn't mean he is fast enough to keep up with real speedsters. He isn't as fast as Quicksilver for example and Quicksilver is slow compared to people like Flash or Superman.

So Hulks "Superspeed" wouldn't mean a thing in a real fight against well faster people.

carver9
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
DD has fought enemies far faster then Hulk and tagged the Flash.
Sure Hulk has superspeed but that doesn't mean he is fast enough to keep up with real speedsters. He isn't as fast as Quicksilver for example and Quicksilver is slow compared to people like Flash or Superman.

So Hulks "Superspeed" wouldn't mean a thing in a real fight against well faster people.

Hold back Carver. Please don't comment on this post. Just look away.

-Pr-

If you did that for every post, we'd be golden.

carver9
The argument itself isn't flawed; your reasoning however, is.

And yes, Doomsday is faster, at least reflex wise.

It really isn't though. I'm done...I'm trying to prevent myself from receiving warnings and if I continue with this (and win the debate like usual wink ), I can see that happening.

Batman-Prime

Why because it's the truth? Well buddy, you can rage as much as you want, rant till you are green but Hulk isn't as fast as Flash, Superman, Gladiator or other Herald level speedsters wink. Even with his "Superspeed" he is a slowpoke to such people wink.

-Pr-
It really isn't though. I'm done...I'm trying to prevent myself from receiving warnings and if I continue with this (and win the debate like usual wink ), I can see that happening.

When you actually win a "debate", you can let me know. For now, you can back away like normal, mister cop out.

dur

carver9
If you did that for every post, we'd be golden.

I literally screamed out laughing. You make me do the things I do sometimes. I try to refrain from ongoing debates but when I see things like this, I have to comment. I'm going to step away from this. You win.

carver9
When you actually win a "debate", you can let me know. For now, you can back away like normal, mister cop out.

dur

Lol...I read nothing but "set up" from this post.

-Pr-
Lol...I read nothing but "set up" from this post.

So are you entering the writing tournament?

carver9
So are you entering the writing tournament?

laughing out loud laughing out loud hahahahahahaha... Lolololololol. Really? Did you really just go there?

-Pr-
laughing out loud laughing out loud hahahahahahaha... Lolololololol. Really? Did you really just go there?

Huh? It was an honest question.

carver9
Huh? It was an honest question.

Oh. A couple of people PMed me about it but I want to sit on the side lines and watch people like Galan, Philo, you, ODG, and Jake bring something together (I'm missing some people that would also do well in it).

-Pr-
Oh. A couple of people PMed me about it but I want to sit on the side lines and watch people like Galan, Philo, you, ODG, and Jake bring something together (I'm missing some people that would also do well in it).

Fair enough.

Don't worry, I won't be writing about Hulk. It would be too psychological anyway, in the sense that it wouldn't be action packed enough for most people.

Branlor Swift
Is there still spots open?

Because I have a story in mind of a budding romance that would get a lot of people talking

-Pr-
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Is there still spots open?

Because I have a story in mind of a budding romance that would get a lot of people talking

There's no cap on participation, so you're good.

Branlor Swift
There's no cap on participation, so you're good. hmm I'll think about it.

So far I got the end done in my mind, and the start thought about
I just added a new original character too. This thing's writing itself

Brockalizer
Oh. A couple of people PMed me about it but I want to sit on the side lines and watch people like Galan, Philo, you, ODG, and Jake bring something together (I'm missing some people that would also do well in it). If you and Quanchi did a Hulk vs Thanos arc I'd read it. Should be good for a laugh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.