Tyranus vs. Maul, Opress & Ventress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The_Tempest
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_i_mHP3u5W9E/TSf9aWsMPwI/AAAAAAAAAFE/Uh8SXHJeNK0/s1600/Nightsistersepisode03.jpg

An aimless Ventress hesitantly joins forces with Maul upon discovery that he intends to (literally) axe her ex-employer, putting aside differences with Savage. The trio invade Serenno and arrive at Dooku's majestic palace to remove the Count's crown jewels.

The fight takes place outside and each fighter is armed with his or her standard weapons and will seek victory by any means necessary.

Col. Valerian
Hmm... The trio takes this, imo.

Dooku was hard-pressed against Ventress and Savage; add Maul and I don't think he survives.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
Hmm... The trio takes this, imo.

Dooku was hard-pressed against Ventress and Savage; add Maul and I don't think he survives.

Consider the drastically altered environment. The battle will occur outside the palace, allowing each fighter considerable room to maneuver as well as the presence of projectiles (the massive obelisks that bracket the central walkway) to bring to bear.

Edit: Nvm, I did clarify

mnat801
Would be a good match to watch. I believe Dooku is superior to each individual seperately, but the three of them together could take Dooku down.

Eminence
(1) Savage is possessed of such fortitude and physicality that he cannot be ignored, safely dispatched, or even endured for any length of time when
(2) Ventress serves as a fairly wily and competent distraction in an interim, which there shouldn't ever be because
(3) Maul is at at least as (a) able a duelist as Ventress (b) strong in the Force as Savage and (c) competent at handling Force-lightning as either of them. I make the relatively safe assumption that he can deflect it, but a wayward gout probably wouldn't put him down for long anyway; as proven by Anakin - in TWC with Dooku and TFU with Starkiller - a cyborg doesn't take necessarily catastrophic damage from lightning, and Maul's physiology is buffered by severe enough conditioning that he should be able to brush it off. Anyway if Ventress can do it once he probably can too.

In conclusion: a relentless onslaught from Savage, Maul, and Ventress would deplete the Count's strength and reserves of Force-energy (ala Stover's Sith, so mostly Savage) until he is simply battered into exhaustion and slaughtered.

edit: He'll last a little longer in the open.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Eminence
a cyborg doesn't take necessarily catastrophic damage from lightning,
This depends upon resistance capabilities of the cybernetic implants in question. Still a very powerful burst of Force Lightning will greatly damage and/or destroy any cyborg. However, Dooku arguably doesn't possesses incredible command of the dark side to muster dark powers of such lethal proportions that he can utterly destroy or kill a powerful opponent (or opponents) with them. His strong point is his telekinetic abilities.

I agree that this 'strike team' might be too much for Count Dooku.

Q99
Maul's the strongest of the lot, and I think powerful enough to give Tyrannus a fight one on one. Throw in the two others and, yea, trio wins.

NTJack0
The trio wins, Dooku could maybe win by spamming lightning, but that'll only work so long.

Q99
Originally posted by NTJack0
The trio wins, Dooku could maybe win by spamming lightning, but that'll only work so long.

And it's pretty hard to spam lightning at three people at once. Two is doable (if difficult, if they have lightning defense), but you only have two hands.

The_Tempest
Dooku electrocuted Ventress and her companions in "Nightsisters" simultaneously.

Darth Martin
Trio wins. Too many lightsabers to defend against.

Mizukage Yoda
Tyranus goes down in a hard fight.

The_Tempest
Will no one defend the Count? Where's Janus when you need him?

S_W_LeGenD
Count Dooku can be effective with his telekinetic abilities but this depends upon the setting.

We also need to keep in mind that if the likes of Opress could Force push Darth Sidious........

SIDIOUS 66
Honestly, I think they would stomp Dooku.

Who do you think wins, Temp? Don't you think Dooku would have a much better chance against just Maul and Opress?

The_Tempest
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Honestly, I think they would stomp Dooku.

Who do you think wins, Temp? Don't you think Dooku would have a much better chance against just Maul and Opress?

Not sure. Dooku struggled against Ventress and Opress close quarters. In that environment, the addition of Maul would mean a quick and ugly death for the Count.

But in an open environment with plenty of shit to throw at them?

Tzeentch._
Dooku kills them all with lightning.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Dooku kills them all with lightning.

You will do battle with Eminence on this subject for my amusement slash arousal. You may begin.

Rookwood
Maul, Opress & Ventress?

I can see Dooku squeaking past Maul and Opress.

But throw in Ventress, and he gets overwhelmed.

Tzeentch._
Originally posted by The_Tempest
You will do battle with Eminence on this subject for my amusement slash arousal. You may begin. Faunus doesn't what none of this. He can't handle a dedicated smear campaign.

The_Tempest
The only thing that shall be smeared here is mascara from one of you.

Eminence
As they say, come and get some. Your belligerence shall be costly.

edit:

and a pap, from you.

shifty

The_Tempest
It's about time. I haven't seen a wider neglected opening since your mother parted her legs before me as the Red Sea unto Moses.

Tzeentch._
As they say, come and get some. Your belligerence shall be costly.

edit:

and a pap, from you.

shifty RUvbjpQxuhA

The first 17 seconds of this video applies to you. uhuh

You come get some!

Eminence
http://cdn.chud.com/3/3e/1000x500px-LL-3e311342_s61zt4.gif

NewGuy01
Team 2 wins no doubt lol.

Ventress has shown capability of holding off Dooku on her own. Maul showed capability of holding off Sidious on his own. Savage did decently against Sidious and Dooku in their respective saberfights.

Team 2 would stomp their competetor.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Ventress has shown capability of holding off Dooku on her own.

Eh?

Col. Valerian
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Maul showed capability of holding off Sidious on his own.

Oh god not this again...

NewGuy01
I think I worded that a bit wrong. My point is that Dooku couldn't handle all 3 of these opponents.

No, I'm NOT saying Maul is even on Sidious's tier. I AM saying that he did an impressive job of holding him off, even if it was for a short while.

I'm not saying Ventress is as powerful as Dooku, but I AM saying that she alone was a force to be reckoned with, as shown in her previous duels with him. (Since Savage at that point was little more than a non-factor getting electrocuted every 2 seconds, the fight was being run by Ventress)

So, we've got all 3 of them vs Dooku. It doesn't come out pretty. He gets beaten the hell up.

Mizukage Yoda
I think this trio would give even Sidious some trouble tbh.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Will no one defend the Count? Where's Janus when you need him?

Well, I tried to think of an argument for Dooku, but I just can't see any way for him to win here. He may be able to take just the brothers, but even that's debatable. I believe even Maul by himself would be a good challenge for Dooku. While Dooku has better TK than Maul, Maul might be a rival in that area considering how he can TK Obi Wan just as easily as Dooku can, and how he can casually hurl a ship. Dooku's greatest advantages IMO, would be his saber skills and his proficiency with force lightning. Don't get me wrong, I do think Dooku would defeat Maul handily, but it would still be a good challenge. Add Savage, they have a good chance of winning. Add Ventress, Dooku is overwhelmed.

Since you're one of the better debaters here, maybe you can provide a convincing argument for Dooku, because I see no hope for him against all three of them.

The_Tempest
I think a respectable argument could be made that Dooku's difficulty in combating Opress & Ventress in "Witches of the Mist" owed much to confining space. It's clear that he is no match for Opress physically, but open space would greatly reduce the necessity of getting up close and personal with him.

That same episode saw that Ventress is a mild challenge at best for Dooku (I don't want to sell her short, but he quickly put her on the retreat and disarmed her in short order).

I think if Dooku can put space between his challengers and exploit the terrain, he has a definite shot.

Eminence
tbh I imagine Maul's presence will prevent any respite Savage and Ventress might allow on their own.

The_Tempest
tbh I imagine Maul's presence will prevent any respite Savage and Ventress might allow on their own.

Essentially, I imagine the Count's best strategy is to throw shit and run a lot. I agree that he can't take them all (or even two?) on close quarters and survive.

SIDIOUS 66
I can only see Dooku lasting a while using that strategy, not actually winning. They should be able to evade whatever Dooku throws at them.

Eminence
I don't think he can keep that up as long as they can.

Vensai
Dooku loses. He had enough trouble against Opress and Ventress. I would argue that Maul alone would give him a good fight.

NewGuy01
In a saber fight, Dooku is outclassed. Didn't Nick Gillard say that Maul was a level 7 duelist, and Dooku was like, a 9? In that case, Savage and Ventress are also 6s or 7s. So this probably would actually be a pretty good duel.

In a Force fight, Savage has shown extremely OP TK feats, Maul has shown capability to TK force users with apparent ease, and Ventress proves to be Mauls level in force power. Dookus only advantage is his skill with For e lightning, which both Maul and Savage can tank, to a certain extent.

Overall, if he plays his cards strategically, he could put up a good fight. But in the end, he goes down against these opponents.

NewGuy01
On top of that, Dooku uses Makashi, which is known to be weak against pure brute Fore, as shown when Savage disarmed him with a single blow. So tbh, he has a serious disadvantage here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.