Thor vs General Zod

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

complexbrother
Thor

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4b1e4varJ1rtbcayo1_1280.jpg

vs

Zod

http://www.badhaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/GeneralZod01.jpg

the Darkone
Thor

pym-ftw
Thor

h1a8
Zod

Silent Master
Thor

-Pr-
Thor.

Horrificus
Originally posted by h1a8
Clown.

I mean, Thor.

Mindset
Tor.

Placidity
Thod

Gecko4lif
Zod knocks him out with a gas explosion

D-Block
Thor

comicfan11
Thor

h1a8
Let's see.

Zod is
1. much faster (clear advantage here)
2. Stronger (so Zod will dominate in a grappling fight)
3. Have better mobility and maneuverability
4. Doesn't hold back like Clark, will have no problems sending hv through Thor at the right opportune moment. Or breaking Thor's face worst than he did when he broke Clark's jaw.
5. Has a magical vulnerability so that magical attacks effect him more than necessary.

Thor is
1. more versatile (both an advantage and weakness). It's a weakness because too many powers give more delay of deciding what to use. Thor has a few powers he uses instinctively (which makes him not so versatile at times), other powers needs thinking first. The advantage is of course having more options to attack or defend.

2. Has a character that makes him both worthy but more beatable than necessary. He is a warrior first and typically uses Mjolnir as a club, throws the hammer often, uses lightning slightly less often, uses blasts less often also, then most rarely uses exotic attacks.

3. He defends against energy blasts very efficiently (from 30ft away or more though). He does get tagged with energy blasts sometimes (rarely) but he's still very efficient dealing with them.

4. Holds back a little unless seriously provoked or angered.

Due to these considerations I vote for Zod.
Zod will not hold back and has speed on his side. His punches would be far more devastating on Thor with a much higher chance of connecting than Thor connecting on him. Zod's speed would be hard to counter and his HV (if it connects) could prove lethal or crippling.

Bottomline: Zod usually doesn't mess around and that makes him more dangerous than Clark. Clark may be able to use his powers (especially speed) more efficiently at times but usually holds back (doesn't use lethal type force).

Silent Master
Thor wins

SevenShackles
Let's see.

Zod is
1. much faster (clear advantage here)
2. Stronger (so Zod will dominate in a grappling fight)
3. Have better mobility and maneuverability
4. Doesn't hold back like Clark, will have no problems sending hv through Thor at the right opportune moment. Or breaking Thor's face worst than he did when he broke Clark's jaw.
5. Has a magical vulnerability so that magical attacks effect him more than necessary.

Thor is
1. more versatile (both an advantage and weakness). It's a weakness because too many powers give more delay of deciding what to use. Thor has a few powers he uses instinctively (which makes him not so versatile at times), other powers needs thinking first. The advantage is of course having more options to attack or defend.

2. Has a character that makes him both worthy but more beatable than necessary. He is a warrior first and typically uses Mjolnir as a club, throws the hammer often, uses lightning slightly less often, uses blasts less often also, then most rarely uses exotic attacks.

3. He defends against energy blasts very efficiently (from 30ft away or more though). He does get tagged with energy blasts sometimes (rarely) but he's still very efficient dealing with them.

4. Holds back a little unless seriously provoked or angered.

Due to these considerations I vote for Zod.
Zod will not hold back and has speed on his side. His punches would be far more devastating on Thor with a much higher chance of connecting than Thor connecting on him. Zod's speed would be hard to counter and his HV (if it connects) could prove lethal or crippling.

Bottomline: Zod usually doesn't mess around and that makes him more dangerous than Clark. Clark may be able to use his powers (especially speed) more efficiently at times but usually holds back (doesn't use lethal type force).
what about the durability of his suit?
Russian zod is the one in the picture so the one in this fight, he depends on his suit and the red sun radiation/light inside to generate his powers and any damage/rip and what have you to the suit would compromise his powers.

carver9
Even after reading H1 post, it made me realize, Thor wins 8/10.

janus77
Isn't Zod more powerful than Superman?

Not read any Supes in years so, likely woefully misinformed/ignorant on the matter.

carver9
No, Superman is more powerful. The Zod that's in the scan above, him and Superman was stalemating until an Imperiex probe interviened, crash landing on earth.

janus77
Ah, thanks.

So, is Superman the most powerful gay of his race or something?

h1a8
Originally posted by SevenShackles
what about the durability of his suit?
Russian zod is the one in the picture so the one in this fight, he depends on his suit and the red sun radiation/light inside to generate his powers and any damage/rip and what have you to the suit would compromise his powers.

True didn't think of which Zod was fighting.
Clark couldn't really damage his suit. But it's probably a factor yes.
Speed coupled with non holding back tips the scales to me though.

janus77
Originally posted by janus77
Ah, thanks.

So, is Superman the most powerful gay of his race or something?
*guy

Silent Master
True didn't think of which Zod was fighting.
Clark couldn't really damage his suit. But it's probably a factor yes.
Speed coupled with non holding back tips the scales to me though.

What are Zod's speed feats?

carver9
@H1...

Where did you get the idea Superman couldnt damage Zod suit?

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
@H1...

Where did you get the idea Superman couldnt damage Zod suit?

I didn't mean that he doesn't have to capacity to do so but rather he couldn't do it under normal circumstances (since Clark holds back out of fear of killing or crippling). You see Superman attack Zod and no damage is done to the suit.

cdtm
Originally posted by complexbrother
Thor

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4b1e4varJ1rtbcayo1_1280.jpg

vs

Zod

http://www.badhaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/GeneralZod01.jpg

The Russian!

Zod was one of the most effective threats to Superman in years.. Breaks his jaw, beats Bizarro Superman within an inch of his life, typically slaps Superman around in most confrontations. Of course, in the end Superman beats him, under an orange sun, so that their power levels were equalized (Zod got his power source from a red sun, and Superman from a yellow sun. Orange is the meeting point between the two.)

But despite his loss in their main event, I think Zod/Superman are a pretty even match with both going all out. And with CIS on, as it is in these forum battles, I actually think Zod has the edge over Superman normally, as Supes holds back and Zod doesn't..

And the same logic applies to Thor. He'll be facing a Superman that doesn't hold back here, while Thor himself does hold back initially..

cdtm
Isn't Zod more powerful than Superman?

Not read any Supes in years so, likely woefully misinformed/ignorant on the matter.

Power wise, they seemed about equal.

Zod was basically designed to be the Black Adam to Supermans Captain Marvel.

His suit being destroyed is his main weakness, but the suit was pretty durable.. Superman was trapped in the suit, weakened by the suits solar rays, and it actually protected him while in the sun..

janus77
Thanks for the info. I thought ALL Kryptonians were boosted by Yellow suns?

Never did get into the Superman comics, bought a few as a child, but preferred Batman/WW/JLA ... Well, I think I might even have read the WW comics ... :unsure:

SevenShackles

Never did get into the Superman comics, bought a few as a child, but preferred Batman/WW/JLA ... Well, I think I might even have read the WW comics ... :unsure:

Wasn't really a kryptonian

(taken form wiki)
This General Zod is a Russian who was affected before his birth by Kryptonite radiation, since he was the son of two cosmonauts whose ship was too close to Kal-El's rocketship. This Zod is unnaturally weak under a yellow sun, but superpowered under a red sun (the opposite of Superman). After his parents died from radiation, he grew up in a KGB laboratory under the name "Zed." Apparently spoken to by the spirit of the Pocket Universe Zod, Russian Zod created a suit of red armor which filtered the sunlight, and declared himself ruler of the fictional former Soviet state of Pokolistan.

cdtm

The Russian Zod is human. His origin story is sort of a warped Fantastic Four origin story, where his parents become exposed to radioactive rocks in space. They die, but he survives because of a metagene, and his power set just happens to be the exact same as Supermans, but with red solar rays being his power source, and yellow rays weakening him.

He also cuts his face on the genetic level, to look just like Superman, as a way to gain his trust. But he's not Kryptonian, he's fully human.

ColossusGrundy
I keep seeing "Thor"......

Superman >> Thor

Superman holds back.

Zod does not, he's ruthless.

Zod would eat Thor for breakfast and NOT feel bad about anything he did to him.

Therefore Zod >>>>>>>>>>>> Thor.

DTM
While Id give the nod to Superman over Thor, Id give the nod to Thor over Zod (all Very Close matches though).

SevenShackles
im curious to the effect on Zods Suit from Thors Hammer. if the suit is heavily damaged/destroyed his powers are compromised.

Silent Master
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy

Superman >> Thor

Superman holds back.

Thor wins.

kgkg
Ah, thanks.

So, is Superman the most powerful gay of his race or something? Subconscious hate? Thanks for the lol tho.

cdtm
Originally posted by SevenShackles
im curious to the effect on Zods Suit from Thors Hammer. if the suit is heavily damaged/destroyed his powers are compromised.

Normal hammer strikes shouldn't damage it too much. In fact, it would have to be ultra durable to allow Zod to beat the hell out of Bizarro Superman, or break Supermans jaw while flying at top speed. And again, it protected Superman from the sun.

It should take a good beating, if all it takes are punches and hammer strikes. I have no doubt a Godblast or something could shred it, assuming he gets the chance to use his exotic powers against someone as aggressive as Zod.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by cdtm
Normal hammer strikes shouldn't damage it too much. In fact, it would have to be ultra durable to allow Zod to beat the hell out of Bizarro Superman, or break Supermans jaw while flying at top speed. And again, it protected Superman from the sun.

It should take a good beating, if all it takes are punches and hammer strikes. I have no doubt a Godblast or something could shred it, assuming he gets the chance to use his exotic powers against someone as aggressive as Zod.

Good points thanks for answering my question.
I think Zod has more of a chance than some care to think. (perhaps not a majority but it's not a stomp)

iceman24567
Thor kills Zod with a few hammer tosses

h1a8
I disagree. Hammer Throws should be the last thing Thor does. It would leave him open for a severe beating.

ColossusGrundy
Lots of completely blind Thor love here.

Thor right now would lose to a rabid squirrel.

Got comments saying Supes couldn't even damage Zod's suit, yet claiming Thor could?

ridiculous.

carver9
Thor wins.

-Pr-
Zod's suit? Really?

I guess Hulk's pants are made of adamantium now, huh...

Mindship
If Thor fights Zod like he did Superman, he's probably gonna lose.
If he uses the full potential of Mjolnir, he's probably gonna win.

iceman24567
I disagree. Hammer Throws should be the last thing Thor does. It would leave him open for a severe beating. Dont care a couple of hammer tosses leaves Zod dead on the ground

cdtm
Originally posted by -Pr-
Zod's suit? Really?

I guess Hulk's pants are made of adamantium now, huh...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/actioncomics804p05_zps5f63fc9c.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/actioncomics804p06_zpsa0d87259.jpg

He's close enough to the sun, where there's solar plasma licking at the suit. Lex claimed he'd be a goner if it wasn't for that armor.

-Pr-
Thanks for ruining my fun. Dick. sneer

cdtm
Thanks for ruining my fun. Dick. sneer

evil face

embarrasment

SamZED
Originally posted by Mindship
If Thor fights Zod like he did Superman, he's probably gonna lose.
If he uses the full potential of Mjolnir, he's probably gonna win. That's not helping.miffed

h1a8
Originally posted by iceman24567
Dont care a couple of hammer tosses leaves Zod dead on the ground Like I said, a hammer throw would be a mistake. Zod would simply dodge it (Thor telegraphs by whirling it) and commence to the phucking up of the defenseless Thor.

SamZED
Thor doesnt have to whirl it in order to throw it. He often just throws it. And in a forum setting would do it FTL.

Silent Master
Originally posted by SamZED
Thor doesnt have to whirl it in order to throw it. He often just throws it. And in a forum setting would do it FTL.

h1a8 doesn't care about facts.

Damborgson
Aint nobody got time for logic.

Mindship
That's not helping.miffed confused

It's a tough call.

iceman24567
Like I said, a hammer throw would be a mistake. Zod would simply dodge it (Thor telegraphs by whirling it) and commence to the phucking up of the defenseless Thor. Like i said i dont care. Wrong Thor would hammer toss Zod to hell also even without his hammer Thor is still Thor. Zod dies

CosmicComet

The hammer throw may travel FTL, but Thor's arm does not move anywhere near that fast.

Kryptonian Zod via speed blitz.

-Pr-
He's not Kryptonian.

CosmicComet
I'm not talking about the Zod in this thread.

-Pr-
Why?

pym-ftw
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy

Superman >> Thor

Superman holds back.

Thor ~= Superman dependent on which factors you think matters most

Thor also holds back when fighting, but I guess you didn't know/care...

Agreed

Thor also has less qualms about killing then superman

Kal > Human Zod
Thus
Thor > Human Zod
I'd respond to your other trollish post but I think I covered it here

curryman
Even if people are under the opinion that Superman beats Thor, I don't see how well that carries over into a matchup against Zod. He's inferior to Superman in just about every aspect. Whatever far-fetched superblitz ultra-performance most Superman fans cook up doesn't fly here.

Zod

does

not

have

the

feats.

End of discussion smile

Horrificus
Like I said, a hammer throw would be a mistake. Zod would simply dodge it (Thor telegraphs by whirling it) and commence to the phucking up of the defenseless Thor. Hi Clownie!

Thor can control where the hammer goes like remote control. Also, the hammer can move faster than the speed of light, or can completely transcend the laws of time and space.

Zod goes down, ya funny lil guy.

abhilegend
Zod wins.

PillarofOsiris
Zod beats thors face in by grabbing his wrist and beating him senseless with his own hammer.

PillarofOsiris

In that case in a forum fight zod dodges it at millions of times light speed.

curryman
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
In that case in a forum fight zod dodges it at millions of times light speed.

'cause every Kryptonian is Superman right? laughing

The idea that any other Kryptonian can replicate Superman's feats is not just ridiculous, it's downright insulting to the man. He's one of a kind and while I like Zod, he is NOTHING compared to Kal.

carver9
Originally posted by curryman

The idea that any other Kryptonian can replicate Superman's feats is not just ridiculous, it's downright insulting to the man. He's one of a kind and while I like Zod, he is NOTHING compared to Kal.

I rarely if ever agree with this guy but he knows what he is talking about.

SamZED
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
In that case in a forum fight zod dodges it at millions of times light speed. Did Zod ever fight at that speed?

-Pr-
Zod is arguably the toughest Kryptonian Superman has ever fought, and Superman still beats him soundly when the time comes.

TheGodKiller
How in the hell did this thread derail to Kryptonian Zod VS Thor?

the Darkone
Red Armor Zod loses hard against Thor

zeel
Thor goes into Warrior madness mode and one shots zods ass.

Golgo13
Originally posted by the Darkone
Red Armor Zod loses hard against Thor

Russian Zod? I think he's the more formidable Zod, IMO.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Golgo13
Russian Zod? I think he's the more formidable Zod, IMO.

Thor still beats the crap out him, Thor rips Zod out of that suit and leaves him for dead.

ThereIsHope
Zod is arguably the toughest Kryptonian Superman has ever fought, and Superman still beats him soundly when the time comes.

Yeah but who doesnt Superman beat soundly?

ThereIsHope
Thor still beats the crap out him, Thor rips Zod out of that suit and leaves him for dead.

I think that if Zod used his speed, he'd win. Zod may actually dodge that hammer, then go in for the kill shot.

Speed plus strength may come down to everything.

cdtm
Originally posted by ThereIsHope
Yeah but who doesnt Superman beat soundly?

Captain Marvel and Black Adam.

the Darkone
Originally posted by ThereIsHope
I think that if Zod used his speed, he'd win. Zod may actually dodge that hammer, then go in for the kill shot.

Speed plus strength may come down to everything.

Not really, speed is over rated. Thor hammer moves faster than Zod, Thor is more powerful, Thor absorbs all of Zod red solar energy, or just beat him down.

Thor is vastly more powerful than Zod and that's a fact.

Branlor Swift
Captain Marvel and Black Adam. Yeah, those are the only real Superman equals among "the good side"

cdtm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/ac785p10_zps1073b632.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/ac785p11_zpsa34aa7ce.jpg

From Action Comics 785. Bizarro Superman is was said to be even stronger then Superman.

h1a8
Originally posted by Horrificus
Hi Clownie!

Thor can control where the hammer goes like remote control. Also, the hammer can move faster than the speed of light, or can completely transcend the laws of time and space.

Zod goes down, ya funny lil guy. The hammer can move FTL only after building up to that speed. The hammer can never attain FTL speeds instantly.
Thor can throw it at light speed after building up to that speed. But once Thor lets it go then it can gain speed after time.

Like i said i dont care. Wrong Thor would hammer toss Zod to hell also even without his hammer Thor is still Thor. Zod dies

What will happen when Thor throws the hammer and it misses? Zod will blink to him and tear him to pieces. Or hv him to hel .

Thor doesnt have to whirl it in order to throw it. He often just throws it. And in a forum setting would do it FTL. He has to whirl it to build speed, otherwise it would be a throw far under light speed.

pym-ftw
What is Russian Zods best speed feat?

iceman24567
The hammer can move FTL only after building up to that speed. The hammer can never attain FTL speeds instantly.
Thor can throw it at light speed after building up to that speed. But once Thor lets it go then it can gain speed after time.

What will happen when Thor throws the hammer and it misses? Zod will blink to him and tear him to pieces. Or hv him to hel .

He has to whirl it to build speed, otherwise it would be a throw far under light speed. The hammer will return if it misses and probably smash the back of Zods head killing him instantly good point bro thumb up

curryman

From Action Comics 785. Bizarro Superman is was said to be even stronger then Superman.

And you know, then it turns out that Zod wasn't stronger than Superman at all.

h1a8
The hammer will return if it misses and probably smash the back of Zods head killing him instantly good point bro thumb up

It won't return if Thor is getting rocked. Just read comics and you will see. Even if it could come back without Thor willing it then Thor would be in pretty bad shape by then. Thor could either be laced with HV or pummeled and got his face broke at super speed.

h1a8
And you know, then it turns out that Zod wasn't stronger than Superman at all.

Probably not, but still you can't reason away choking someone against their will.

iceman24567
It won't return if Thor is getting rocked. Just read comics and you will see. Even if it could come back without Thor willing it then Thor would be in pretty bad shape by then. Thor could either be laced with HV or pummeled and got his face broke at super speed. No he would command it to come back as soon as he misses he wills it to come back smashing Zod in his head killing him. Thor wins

curryman
Hammer returns whether Thor wants to or not...

iceman24567
Hammer returns whether Thor wants to or not... no expression

curryman
no expression

Since you know, that's the enchantment.

PillarofOsiris

So ur contention is that zod can't move faster than Thor can throw his hammer? That's hilarious.

keiththegreat
Superman once moved 13 million times light speed. Unless you think Superman is 1,000s of times more powerful than Zod, he can easily be said to move millions (or at the VERY LEAST) 1,000s of times light speed. Thor's BEST is swinging his hammer twice light speed (or 3x maybe...I don't remember). Either way it happened ONCE OR TWICE in his 50+ year history. We've seen Supergirl, Superboy, and Power Girl all move MUCH MUCH FTL. Zod is arguably the 2nd most powerful kryptonian.

Only a buffoon thinks Zod doesn't have a HUGE speed advantage over Thor.

keiththegreat
Oh, and as for this fight, Thor knocks himself out on Zod's fist.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Superman once moved 13 million times light speed. Unless you think Superman is 1,000s of times more powerful than Zod, he can easily be said to move millions (or at the VERY LEAST) 1,000s of times light speed. Thor's BEST is swinging his hammer twice light speed (or 3x maybe...I don't remember). Either way it happened ONCE OR TWICE in his 50+ year history. We've seen Supergirl, Superboy, and Power Girl all move MUCH MUCH FTL. Zod is arguably the 2nd most powerful kryptonian.

Russian Zod, What speed feats of his make you think this way?

CosmicComet
Oh, and as for this fight, Thor knocks himself out on Zod's fist.

So what you're saying is, he grabs Zod's arm, and then punches himself with Zod's arm?

Interesting tactic. no expression

carver9
Originally posted by CosmicComet
So what you're saying is, he grabs Zod's arm, and then punches himself with Zod's arm?

Interesting tactic. no expression

laughing out loud

the Darkone

The hammer travels at light speed, but it can go much faster it can transcend space if need be, so the Hammer can move faster than Superman and Zod combine tbh.

The Zod we are talking about is Red Armor Zod, not Kyrpton Zod.

PillarofOsiris
The hammer is faster than Superman? Based on what? If you mean becuase it transcends space going faster than superman then how is it going to hit anyone when it's going that fast if its no longer occupying space?

leonidas
thor wins rather convincingly imo.

h1a8
The hammer travels at light speed, but it can go much faster it can transcend space if need be, so the Hammer can move faster than Superman and Zod combine tbh.

The Zod we are talking about is Red Armor Zod, not Kyrpton Zod. What good is going much faster than Zod when it would take and eternity to do so? Zod's isnt about to wait until the hammer in the air reaches speeds faster than him before attacking.

Hammer returns whether Thor wants to or not... It's been plenty of times it didn't return right away. And when it did return Thor was still without it for at least a few seconds.

No he would command it to come back as soon as he misses he wills it to come back smashing Zod in his head killing him. Thor wins It still would take time to come back. In no comic has Thor missing and the hammer coming back in less than several seconds. Not one. Hell Zod can easily lace Thor with hv in the very fraction of the second Thor misses. Or push his face in.

h1a8
Originally posted by leonidas
thor wins rather convincingly imo. No he doesn't. Speed is a big issue. And Thor will most likely stupidly throw the hammer and then get killed. Zod could also manhandle him if they grappled

Silent Master
What good is going much faster than Zod when it would take and eternity to do so? Zod's isnt about to wait until the hammer in the air reaches speeds faster than him before attacking.

It's been plenty of times it didn't return right away. And when it did return Thor was still without it for at least a few seconds.

It still would take time to come back. In no comic has Thor missing and the hammer coming back in less than several seconds. Not one. Hell Zod can easily lace Thor with hv in the very fraction of the second Thor misses. Or push his face in.

Let's see some feats where this version of Zod acts the way your claiming he will.

Branlor Swift
Zod misses his hv

This gives Thor the time to smash him good

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
Let's see some feats where this version of Zod acts the way your claiming he will. The way he broke Superman's jaw. The blitz of countless fast strikes he hit Superman's body with.

Silent Master
The way he broke Superman's jaw. The blitz of countless fast strikes he hit Superman's body with.

How fast was he going during this "blitz"?

h1a8
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Zod misses his hv

This gives Thor the time to smash him good Lol sure. Like Thor Wouldn't be a sitting duck without his hammer. Or that missing with hv leaves you defenseless as a with a missing hammer

h1a8
How fast was he going during this "blitz"? Pretty fast

Branlor Swift
The way he broke Superman's jaw. The blitz of countless fast strikes he hit Superman's body with. scans to back up your point?

Branlor Swift
Lol sure. Like Thor Wouldn't be a sitting duck without his hammer. Or that missing with hv leaves you defenseless as a with a missing hammer Thor calls down lightning and smashes the shit out of Zod... If for some reason he didn't have his hammer

Silent Master
Pretty fast

Exactly how fast was he going during this "blitz"?

h1a8
Exactly how fast was he going during this "blitz"? Fast enough to do it to Thor as well.

Silent Master
Fast enough to do it to Thor as well.

I'll asked again, Exactly how fast was he going during this "blitz"?

h1a8
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Thor calls down lightning and smashes the shit out of Zod... If for some reason he didn't have his hammer Thor would get laced the moment he even thought about lightning. Actually Thor would see lightning before he would call upon it. The lightning from being rocked by a vicious blow.

h1a8
I'll asked again, Exactly how fast was he going during this "blitz"? Well faster than spiderman and wolverine.

cdtm
How fast was he going during this "blitz"?

For transparency:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/actioncomics779-16_zps69f1cae8.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/actioncomics779-17.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/actioncomics779-19.jpg

Branlor Swift
Thor would get laced the moment he even thought about lightning. Actually Thor would see lightning before he would call upon it. The lightning from being rocked by a vicious blow. Zod couldn't even ko Superman with a full speed cheapshot.

Zod gets one shotted by anything

the Darkone
Thor will react to Zod speed, Thor can react pretty damn good against speedsters. The question is can Zod withstand Thor mystical/cosmic assaults against him, even Superman would be hard press against Thor.This version of Zod would get jacked up literally by Thor and his abilities he brings to the table, which Zod can't counter with just speed and strength. Thor pummels Zod into red dust!!

Silent Master
Well faster than spiderman and wolverine.

Stop trolling and answer the question.

iceman24567
What good is going much faster than Zod when it would take and eternity to do so? Zod's isnt about to wait until the hammer in the air reaches speeds faster than him before attacking.

It's been plenty of times it didn't return right away. And when it did return Thor was still without it for at least a few seconds.

It still would take time to come back. In no comic has Thor missing and the hammer coming back in less than several seconds. Not one. Hell Zod can easily lace Thor with hv in the very fraction of the second Thor misses. Or push his face in. Nah Thor hammer tossing Zods face off seems more logical

h1a8
Stop trolling and answer the question. Lol isn't that what you always do to me?

Silent Master
Lol isn't that what you always do to me?

Last chance.

Exactly how fast was he going during this "blitz"?

h1a8
Last chance.

Exactly how fast was he going during this "blitz"? You tell me? How fast do beings with superman level powers go when they blitz? How fast can they go?

the Darkone
TBH who cares how fast Zod was going, he didn't KO Superman he broke his jaw. Could Zod sucker punch Thor yes, break Thor jaw most unlikely, will Zod get his a$$ beat within inch of his life you damn Skippy. Thor surrounds Zod in vortex barrier, unleashed mystical lighting that will phuck up Zod day. Thor is too powerful and too damn versatile for Zod, especailly this version of Zod.

h1a8
TBH who cares how fast Zod was going, he didn't KO Superman broke his jaw. Could Zod do it to Thor yes, break Thor jaw most unlikely, will Zod get with inch of his life you damn Skippy. Thor surrounds Zod in vortex barrier, unleashed mystical lighting that will phuck up Zod day. Thor is too powerful and too damn versatile for Zod, especailly this version of Zod. With speed Zod can beat Thor to the punch. What good is versatility when you dont really get a chance to operate? Thor's versatility is a weakness in comparison to speed. Hed be better off only using a few yet effective and very quick tactics. Anything exotic would be stupid.

the Darkone
With speed Zod can beat Thor to the punch. What good is versatility when you dont really get a chance to operate? Thor's versatility is a weakness in comparison to speed. Hed be better off only using a few yet effective and very quick tactics. Anything exotic would be stupid.

I dont care what you think, I never did you troll!!

-Pr-
I'm going to say this once, and only once.

Zod doesn't get Superman's feats. You have to treat him as a seperate entity.

Silent Master
You tell me? How fast do beings with superman level powers go when they blitz? How fast can they go?

You're trying to use it as a feat, that means the burden is on you.

Now, how fast was Zod going when he "blitzed" Superman with "countless fast strikes"?

the Darkone

You might have to tell that to H1 again, seriously!

h1a8
You're trying to use it as a feat, that means the burden is on you.

Now, how fast was Zod going when he "blitzed" Superman with "countless fast strikes"? It's a speed blitz feat, nothing more. He blitzed Superman for crying out loud. What more do you want?

Silent Master
It's a speed blitz feat, nothing more. He blitzed Superman for crying out loud. What more do you want?

You're attempting to use the feat as proof that Zod can throw punches so fast that Thor can't dodge/block etc...therefore you have to prove that Zod was moving fast enough to render Thor's reactions worthless.

cdtm

I agree with this, to the extent that characters aren't simple power sets.. Like humans, a character has their own differences of strength, knowledge, personality, training..

But in terms of power sets, I think it's safe to say if someone has super speed, they'll use it properly in a forum fight. If, say, the Tornado Twins had zero speed blitz examples, we can infer they can perform one by virtue of the fact an IM doesn't require special knowledge, but only the ability to move at high level speeds... Essentially, all a blitz is, is a faster character overwhelming a slower character. The only burden of proof needed, is proving a characters raw speed level...

We know Zod has roughly Supermans same power set. It may not be up to Supermans raw power level, but there's no reason to believe his power set is anything but Kryptonian in nature..

Thus, Zod has super speed, and can dodge/blitz someone that's slower then him.

Raisen
I don't even like 99% of DC characters; Zod included, but Zod destroys Thor. Thor is way too slow.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Raisen
I don't even like 99% of DC characters; Zod included, but Zod destroys Thor. Thor is way too slow.

Based on what Zod speed feats?

-Pr-
I agree with this, to the extent that characters aren't simple power sets.. Like humans, a character has their own differences of strength, knowledge, personality, training..

But in terms of power sets, I think it's safe to say if someone has super speed, they'll use it properly in a forum fight. If, say, the Tornado Twins had zero speed blitz examples, we can infer they can perform one by virtue of the fact an IM doesn't require special knowledge, but only the ability to move at high level speeds... Essentially, all a blitz is, is a faster character overwhelming a slower character. The only burden of proof needed, is proving a characters raw speed level...

We know Zod has roughly Supermans same power set. It may not be up to Supermans raw power level, but there's no reason to believe his power set is anything but Kryptonian in nature..

Thus, Zod has super speed, and can dodge/blitz someone that's slower then him.

Powerset isn't enough. That's why we bring in stuff like a character's personality.

You have to use Zod's feats. Giving him a ball-park "Kryptonian speed limit" doesn't really work.

Raisen
Based on what Zod speed feats?

Based on the fact that all Kryptonians have shown to be super fast. Thor has less impressive reaction time than Spider Man.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I'm not confused..This Zod in human but exposed to radiation.. There isn't a Zod from Krypton?

-Pr-
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I'm not confused..This Zod in human but exposed to radiation.. There isn't a Zod from Krypton?

There is. There have just been several Zods, is all. Every time they retcon Krypton, they retcon Zod, and then the russian one is completely separate from that.

Branlor Swift
It's a speed blitz feat, nothing more. He blitzed Superman for crying out loud. What more do you want? Scans of him blitzing Superman?

Silent Master
Originally posted by Raisen
Based on the fact that all Kryptonians have shown to be super fast. Thor has less impressive reaction time than Spider Man.

The Zod in this match isn't Kryptonian.

Now, what speed feats does this Zod have?

Raisen

Didn't realize this was red zod. kryptonian zod would smash tho

h1a8
You're attempting to use the feat as proof that Zod can throw punches so fast that Thor can't dodge/block etc...therefore you have to prove that Zod was moving fast enough to render Thor's reactions worthless. I never seen Thor dodge or block a super speed punch thrown from a few feet away.
Sure he has block energy beams from 30ft away or more but that's not the same thing. Can Thor block or dodge a super fast attack thrown from 3-5 ft away? If so, then how about 10-100 of them thrown in succession?

h1a8

http://imageshack.us/a/img28/3541/zodblitzing.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img703/1700/zodblitzing2.png

Silent Master
I never seen Thor dodge or block a super speed punch thrown from a few feet away.
Sure he has block energy beams from 30ft away or more but that's not the same thing. Can Thor block or dodge a super fast attack thrown from 3-5 ft away? If so, then how about 10-100 of them thrown in succession?

2nd request, how fast was Zod going when he "blitzed Superman with countless punches"?

Raisen
2nd request, how fast was Zod going when he "blitzed Superman with countless punches"?

Why can't you just accept the on panel evidence that h1 posted? You'll never agree due to your bias; one can always find a way to scrutinize evidence, no matter how solid it is.

h1a8

We can't know that exact speed but we can know that he was moving very fast.

Raisen

Don't even bother; this guy will pick anything apart to justify his bias. It's sickening.

Robtard

Very. The answer is 'Zod was going very fast'.

Branlor Swift
He didn't even blitz Superman...

He coldcocked him once.

And he hit him a couple times when Superman was stunned.

Silent Master

Why, because of the multiple hits in a single panel? I've seen Daredevil, Nightwing, Spider-man, Snake-eyes etc do that.

Heck, I've seen Thor II pull that off.

h1a8
Why, because of the multiple hits in a single panel? I've seen Daredevil, Nightwing, Spider-man, Snake-eyes etc do that.

Heck, I've seen Thor II pull that off. From the art it appeared much faster than any of those characters are capable of. This is Superman we are talking about that got blitzed. And on average some of those guys could blitz Thor too, not that it would really harm Thor though.

Silent Master
From the art it appeared much faster than any of those characters are capable of. This is Superman we are talking about that got blitzed.

What about the art made it look much faster than those characters are capable of?

h1a8
What about the art made it look much faster than those characters are capable of? We see 8 attacks that look like they happened at the same time.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>