General Zod vs Shazam (Captain Marvel)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Standard versions
1. H2H
2. Both use full powers and abilties no BFR
3. The above with BFR allowed

Both at peak
1. H2H
2. Both use full powers and abilties no BFR
3. The above with BFR allowed

Who wins in each of the above?

SevenShackles
Am I correct in assuming magic is a weakness to all kryptonians?

ODG
^ That's how it's been so far in the comics. At least, I'm not aware of whether there have been any exceptions.

Golgo13
Cap.

abhilegend
Split.

D-Block
Captain Marvel

h1a8
Zod (since he doesn't hold back) and his HV is leathal.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by h1a8
Zod (since he doesn't hold back) and his HV is leathal.

confused

Unlike the HV that Superman has used on CM...?

Marvel ftw

h1a8
Originally posted by Tony Stark
confused

Unlike the HV that Superman has used on CM...?

Marvel ftw

Superman is never going to use his HV in such a way where it penetrates through someone killing them. Think Man!

Zod doesn't hold back as the reason his HV appears more lethal than Clark's.

Bottom line: If Zod can penetrate Superman's body with HV then he can Marvel.

bluewaterrider

Superman is never going to use his HV in such a way where it penetrates through someone killing them. Think Man!

confused

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: Wonder Woman #219, Volume 2
Writer: Greg Rucka
Pencillers: Tom Derenick, Georges Jeanty, Karl Kerschl, David Lopez, and Rags Morales
Date: September 2005
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Wonder_Woman_Vol_2_219

SevenShackles
General zod would give him a good fight but I don't think he can take out captain marvel. If Clark is weak to magic I'm going to assume so is zod and despite being a 'vicious militant' superman I still am not convinced he can put captain marvel down for good.

BFR? I thought that was only a factor when zod had the phantom zone tech as part of his basic equipment when he broke free of the PZone with all those kryptonians. After that new krypton stuff it was no longer part of his standard gear Sooo.. Who cares about BFR? Unless marvel has a method of BFR zod I can't recall.

h1a8
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
confused

Source: Wonder Woman #219, Volume 2
Writer: Greg Rucka
Pencillers: Tom Derenick, Georges Jeanty, Karl Kerschl, David Lopez, and Rags Morales
Date: September 2005
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Wonder_Woman_Vol_2_219

That wasn't under normal circumstances. Mind controlled characters is not representative of how they will fight, especially in a forum fight. Diana controls the "Fires of Truth" which grants here nigh resistance to normal and supernatural fire and heat. Even so, Superman's hv was shown to penetrate to her bones.

Branlor Swift
Zod's HV is lethal...

Who cares about Cap's magic, right?

h1a8
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Zod's HV is lethal...

Who cares about Cap's magic, right?

IMO Zod's HV will have a greater affect on Cap than Cap's magic on Zod.
Zod has the ability to one shot or severely cripple Cap with HV (if he hits him in the right place) but I don't see Cap one shotting Zod anytime soon.

SevenShackles
Zod has the ability to one shot or severely cripple Cap with HV (if he hits him in the right place) but I don't see Cap one shotting Zod anytime soon.

Why do you think he can one shot captain marvel?
How does Zod cripple captain with heat vision? Cap has plenty of impressive feats both durability and strength and despite Zod being trained in the krytponian military has not shown much if any combat skills to suggest he could or would attack captain with a surgical strike using his HV. (sounds more like something someone would argue Ursa would do given her hit and run tactics using speed, stealth and heat vision)
Zod aside from kryptonian weaponry seemed more of a H2H combatant if anything. Not saying he wouldn't use his powers I'm just saying in character would trade blows. Something cap can do rather well.

zeel

oh dude after you mentioned cap can be one shotted by zod i just lost all respect for your post.

Stop talkng with a paper *******. Good fight Zod aint winning though. For god sake marvel has battled supes and done excellent, he has been turned inside out, he has resisted matter manipulation he has done battle with the specter.

General zod is nothing

ColossusGrundy
If only for the weakness to magic, Cap wins.

If Billy is fighting as stupid naive kid Billy, Zod wins. But that's only if.

h1a8
Originally posted by zeel
oh dude after you mentioned cap can be one shotted by zod i just lost all respect for your post.

Stop talkng with a paper *******. Good fight Zod aint winning though. For god sake marvel has battled supes and done excellent, he has been turned inside out, he has resisted matter manipulation he has done battle with the specter.

General zod is nothing

Originally posted by SevenShackles
Why do you think he can one shot captain marvel?
How does Zod cripple captain with heat vision? Cap has plenty of impressive feats both durability and strength and despite Zod being trained in the krytponian military has not shown much if any combat skills to suggest he could or would attack captain with a surgical strike using his HV. (sounds more like something someone would argue Ursa would do given her hit and run tactics using speed, stealth and heat vision)
Zod aside from kryptonian weaponry seemed more of a H2H combatant if anything. Not saying he wouldn't use his powers I'm just saying in character would trade blows. Something cap can do rather well.

Because Zod's hv went all the way through Superman in one blast. Superman was lucky that it wasn't in a vital spot. CM is not more durable than Superman.

carver9
Can someone post the scan where Captain Marvel was hit by a blast that turned him inside out and he survived it and healed in q couple of panels.

-Pr-
Cap.

Diesldude
What kind of Magic does Captain marvel perform that can be used as weakness exploitation. The Magic Lightening attack shouldnt one shot ko Zod. CM can magically AMP his punches but they only worked on superman after a sneak attack. More than anything I believe that this will turn into a physical confrontation and I don't think a standard Kryptonian can stand up to CM even if it is the great Zod.

h1a8
Originally posted by Diesldude
What kind of Magic does Captain marvel perform that can be used as weakness exploitation. The Magic Lightening attack shouldnt one shot ko Zod. CM can magically AMP his punches but they only worked on superman after a sneak attack. More than anything I believe that this will turn into a physical confrontation and I don't think a standard Kryptonian can stand up to CM even if it is the great Zod.

Magic infused punches.

But know that if we are using Russian Zod then magic won't play a role for two reasons. Zod wears suit (his skin won't get touched) and that Zod was really human (but with super powers).

But know that Zod has and will use HV which has proved to be leathal when unleashed by non holding back kryptonians. We see Superman himself get penetrated completely with HV. Superman was just lucky it wasn't in a vital spot.

Rao Kal El
Zod should not give a flying "shite" about morals

Instant lobotomy ftw

Oh and just a quick note. Kryptonians are not Weak to magic, they are "no more invulnerable to the forces of magic than ANY OTHER MORTAL" Action Comics #585

Though this contradicts the fact that certain kryptonian has survived magical blasts that can rip a thank open ( Superman 1995 Annual) or getting affected less than certain mortals with invulnerability to the forces of magic. (Justice League Primeval and JLA Scary monsters)

Very close, but I give the edge to the guy with no morals vs the kid.

Why so many Zod threads going on right now?

To the OP

Which Zod is this one? JUST in case You have in mind the non-kryptonian Zod

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Rao Kal El

Which Zod is this one? JUST in case You have in mind the non-kryptonian Zod

He said standard, id think that's kryptonian Zod not the one time human Zod. Just my thoughts on it but clarification would be cool.

I miss when people would put names and even link you to a wiki page instead of just post pics and leave it up to what you can see. (not to say that's the case here but ...eh I guess I'm just bitching because of the eye strain im getting in other threads lol)

Diesldude
Magic infused punches.

But know that if we are using Russian Zod then magic won't play a role for two reasons. Zod wears suit (his skin won't get touched) and that Zod was really human (but with super powers).

But know that Zod has and will use HV which has proved to be leathal when unleashed by non holding back kryptonians. We see Superman himself get penetrated completely with HV. Superman was just lucky it wasn't in a vital spot. do magically amped punches increase the force behind them causing more physical damage?

iceman24567
Marvel

h1a8
Originally posted by Diesldude
do magically amped punches increase the force behind them causing more physical damage?

Nope! They only increase the force to those who are more vulnerable to magic.

the Darkone
Captain Marvel wins, he is just as strong as superman and no real weaknesses

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.