Recommend some books?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blur
If I'm interested in Jedi-oriented stuff, any particular books you guys would recommend? I've really only read a couple of comics, and I do plan on reading Shatterpoint. Anything with a gripping plot and that's well-written will do.

The_Tempest
Yoda: Dark Rendezvous is the best book in the Star Wars EU. As a general rule, avoid post-Episode VI works and anything set before the movie era, which typically suck. Darth Plagueis is the farthest back you should go, chronologically.

Darth Martin
Read the Revenge of the Sith novelization, Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter, and Labyrinth of Evil and thought they were pretty good. I started Shatterpoint but didn't finish.

I wouldn't mind reading Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader.

SebastianisI
Best book by far is Rogue Planet, it is set 3 years after TPM, and stars Obi-Wan and Anakin, and gives first look at Zonama Sekot amd Vergere, and also features young Tarkin. Its also written by Greg Bear who is by far best writer to go into Star Wars EU.

Blur
Oh yeah, I read RotS. I starts LoE but didn't finish it.

I'll look into Rogue Planet and Yoda. Anything else?

Arhael
Deceived, if you like TOR era.

Thrawn Trilogy, if you are fun of Luke. Timothy Zhan is my favorite writer.

Crosscurrent, if you like Jedi Academy game.

Ascendancy
I liked Truce at Bakura and Children of the Jedi a lot.

Vorpal Ruin
Labyrinth of Evil is a good book, as is Shatterpoint featuring Mace Windu. The Darth Bane trilogy is a good read. I enjoyed the New Jedi Order, Legacy of the Force, and Fate of the Jedi series. And if you are interested in those big sets, then the Jedi Academy trilogy may be a good place to start before jumping into the longer series.

Shey Tapani
I, Jedi, Knight Errant, Wild Space, Scourge and No Prisoners.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.