Will the new Star Wars trilogy have the same music?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

C-3POTheClever
You know Star Wars Episodes 7-9 by JJ Abrams? Will it have the same score as the first 6 film's? Will John Williams be composing the music? I know you probably don't know yet, but what do you think wil be the case? nI can't bare the thought of John William's not composing it. It just wouldn't feel like Star Wars.

JediRobin23
It wont be star wars without John Williams doing the score. Since Lucas is out of the picture, I dont think anything is star wars. Still confused...

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by JediRobin23
Since Lucas is out of the picture, I dont think anything is star wars. Whaaa?

Darth Banus
I hope so

Imaginary
No John Williams doing the score would hurt me deeply.

dadudemon
He's 81. It is very difficult for me to assume he will be around very much longer.

KingD19
Stan Lee's like 92. There's a slim chance he'll be around to do at least the first movie.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Imaginary
No John Williams doing the score would hurt me deeply. Why???

JediRobin23
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
Why???

Isn't it obvious?

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by JediRobin23
Isn't it obvious? Hmmnn... No, if anything it's hurt me he wasn't dong it. It would feel weird for a star wars film to not have hte star wars theme tune.

Kazenji
Originally posted by KingD19
Stan Lee's like 92. There's a slim chance he'll be around to do at least the first movie.

What?!?

-Pr-
You can't have the opening crawl without the theme, so they need that at the very least. I'm sure they don't actually need Williams to come in and do a full score when there's so much Star Wars music already.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by -Pr-
You can't have the opening crawl without the theme, so they need that at the very least. I'm sure they don't actually need Williams to come in and do a full score when there's so much Star Wars music already. As long as they have the main theme & the tune of the Force, I'll be fairly happy!

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by dadudemon
He's 81. It is very difficult for me to assume he will be around very much longer. Chris Lee assumed he wouldn't be around to see RotK release, and he's still kicking.

Ah, I've jinxed it. He's dead now.

JediRobin23
Originally posted by -Pr-
You can't have the opening crawl without the theme, so they need that at the very least. I'm sure they don't actually need Williams to come in and do a full score when there's so much Star Wars music already.

That is true. Thank God

Although a couple new compositions by Williams would be a gift

Imaginary
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
Why???

'no' as in 'a lack of' - so if he didn't do the score, it would hurt me deeply

(sorry, I was really tired)

queeq
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Chris Lee assumed he wouldn't be around to see RotK release, and he's still kicking.

Ah, I've jinxed it. He's dead now.

He is??? I think he is still working.

Then again, he IS Dracula.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Imaginary
'no' as in 'a lack of' - so if he didn't do the score, it would hurt me deeply

(sorry, I was really tired) Oh! I see! That makes sence :-)

queeq
Finally.

focus4chumps
http://www.slashfilm.com/john-williams-wants-to-return-for-new-star-wars-trilogy/

whether or not john williams returns, it seems he would like to.

queeq
Of course. I'm sure he likes a better experience than the PT one.

Gambler
KotOR games had good score too. But then again it's video game music and lacks spiciness of movie score and contemporary classical music.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.