Justice League (2018)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Seems dc is just green with envy with the Avengers and probably won't have the JLA movie out by 2015 and maybe forever.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Three-Reasons-Justice-League-Movie-Won-t-Open-2015-Or-Probably-Ever-35636.html

I'd also say that this madcap dash to assemble a Justice League movie is really a crippling case of Marvel envy, and Warner will come to realize a Justice League movie cobbled together without the proper planning (which takes years) is a fool's errand.

Kazenji
Mark Miller is another person who thinks its a good way to waste $200 million.

Darth Martin
It obviously won't work. Marvel started in 2008 and had over 5 years of buildup, a character bridging all of them together in Nick Fury, and most importantly for the most part all of them were pretty good flicks.

DC hasn't done anything as Nolan's Batman won't be apart of it and the only film they have put out besides Batman in Green Lantern was atrocious apparently(I still haven't seen it).

I say DC just put out Man of Steel, see where that goes, and then focus on other films. Don't worry about a JLA film.

And keep putting out good animation. I see you DCAU.!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-apxkxx8CWnY/T57Y95ozH5I/AAAAAAAAHX0/R8sJS9lP63E/s1600/Obama-is-totally-cool_-Look-at-the-glasses.jpg

Placidity
Originally posted by Darth Martin
It obviously won't work. Marvel started in 2008 and had over 5 years of buildup, a character bridging all of them together in Nick Fury, and most importantly for the most part all of them were pretty good flicks.

I don't think "character bridging" or "buildup" is really necessary for a good JLA movie. Sure it would be cool, but not essential. That's because JLA's big 3 - Supes, Bats, and WonderWhore are already iconic even among the general demographic (non-comic book readers). In the Avengers, Hulk is the only real character that people would've known.

What they need is a top director, top cast, top budget, and most importantly a top script. Half-ass/Rush on any of those and it'll probably flop. Problem is, they won't care if its a bad movie, as long as it makes money.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Placidity
. In the Avengers, Hulk is the only real character that people would've known.

Not if those people have seen the other solo movies before then

and if thats the case then your point is moot.

Darth Martin
Some genius wrote this a couple of years ago.

When it comes to JLA I have a trilogy theory.

Film 1: Batman vs Superman: The World's Finest
*Show how Batman and Superman meet. Have Bruce go to Metropolis for a business trip in collaboration with LexCorp. Have Lex and one of Batman's villains team up and Superman and Batman are reluctantly forced to create an uneasy alliance. By the end of the film they have certain trust in each other. Lois is uneasy in that she loves Wayne but hates Batman. She's wildly attracted to Superman but is "meh" about Clark.

(Between Film's 1 & 2 there will be a Woner Woman film.)

Film 2: Trinity
*Lois is with someone else at the moment. Have Wonder Woman show up and the three form the Trinity and have a somewhat of a hinted love triangle between the three.

(Between film's 2 & 3 there will be a Green Lantern, Flash, and Aquaman film.)

Film 3: JLA
*Introduce Martian Manhunter after an alien race has invaded Earth. Have the "Trinity" meet the other 3 heroes and form a team. By the end of the film the Justice League is formed.

Placidity
Originally posted by Kazenji
Not if those people have seen the other solo movies before then

and if thats the case then your point is moot.

What are you talking about?

quanchi112
I don't think "character bridging" or "buildup" is really necessary for a good JLA movie. Sure it would be cool, but not essential. That's because JLA's big 3 - Supes, Bats, and WonderWhore are already iconic even among the general demographic (non-comic book readers). In the Avengers, Hulk is the only real character that people would've known.

What they need is a top director, top cast, top budget, and most importantly a top script. Half-ass/Rush on any of those and it'll probably flop. Problem is, they won't care if its a bad movie, as long as it makes money. So you're essentially saying what Marvel pulled off is tremendous since most of the avengers roster isn't iconic. I agree marvel really came through with a definitive plan despite lacking a roster of iconic characters.

Marvel cares that it's a good movie and I agree the dc side probably won't care if it makes a lot of cash but in the end it won't if it sucks. The new Superman prior to this was appalling and widely rejected.

Kazenji
What are you talking about?

You mention the Avengers and the only character most people would'eve know would be Hulk........ok?

so yeah its moot point if people have seen the other solo movies before then.

Placidity
Originally posted by Kazenji
You mention the Avengers and the only character most people would'eve know would be Hulk........ok?

so yeah its moot point if people have seen the other solo movies before then.

It seems you just repeated yourself there.

What solo movies? They were all part of the Avengers Cinematic Universe. The "solo" movies are exactly what I'm talking about. If they didn't make a Thor/Capt/Iron Man films before Avengers, most people wouldn't have known who they were. DC doesn't need to a series of connected movies/build-up before doing JL film since people are already familiar with their main characters, its not as essential.

Tzeentch._
I would really contest the notion that anyone in the JLA besides Superman and Batman are more iconic than Iron Man or Thor.

In any case, I would recommend making solo movies for the JLA, not for the sake of introducing the characters, but for the sake of hyping the movie itself. It's a known fact that comic book movie fatigue has been growing very quickly with the general, non-comic book fan majority. By 2015-16, we're going to already have more marvel movies and a second Avengers film on the horizon. It'll have been 4 years since the last Nolan Batman film came out, and the hype from that will have warn off. By the time we even get to JLA, I'm not sure how much of the average movie goer demographic is going to be especially interested in seeing "that other Avengers movie that's got Superman and Batman in it".

Kazenji
It seems you just repeated yourself there.

Yeah one line....

but you got confused by something else which i was clearing up

Well you weren't talking about it with your earlier post

but at least that's cleared up.

Placidity
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
I would really contest the notion that anyone in the JLA besides Superman and Batman are more iconic than Iron Man or Thor.

Firstly, Batman and Superman are by far more well known and iconic than Iron Man and Thor.

I would say Wonder Woman, maybe even Flash is more well known than Iron Man/Thor prior to their movies.

I'm probably talking about people in their mid-20s and up. Younger folks generally only know it through the movies first. Whereas even non-comic-reading Gen Y's and older watched the old shows and cartoons. My mother, who lives under a rock, knows about Superman, Batman, Spider-man, Hulk and vaguely knows Wonder Woman as the "spinning girl". She would have no idea who Iron Man or Thor is.

Marvel's well known characters IMO are Spider-man, X-men and the Hulk.

Ascendancy
While they may not need solo films, they would certainly help build interest and make everything manageable. Part of the hunger for Avengers came from the little flashes at the end of each Marvel film hinting at more to come and how they would all be tied in together: knowing Loki was still alive, Nick Fury talking to different characters, Tony Stark being consulted about getting people together to go after the Hulk.

DC could get away without this, sure, but why not get all the hype they can? Man of Steel looks great, so use the momentum for more.

Robtard
2015 seems too early, but if Man of Steel is a huge success, I can see a JL film in late 2016 or summer of 2017 easily.

I'd personally not mind if they did JL after MoS without individual films. Sure it'd be a gamble, but I'd watch it.

Tzeentch._
Firstly, Batman and Superman are by far more well known and iconic than Iron Man and Thor. I specifically said "besides Superman and Batman". So, lol?

That's pretty anecdotal. My Dad knows who WW, Flash, Iron Man Thor, and even Ant Man is, and he's never even read comics.

juggerman
I really hope we get at least a Batman and Wonder Woman movie before JL. Then you can add GL in the group and just vaguely reference that horrible movie and bring in the Flash (i'd like Wally West) without an uber amount of backstory (maybe just a freak accident in a lab on the military base that Hal worked at) and expand upon that in his solo movie later. Brainiac would be a good villain here.

Then maybe a few sequels that can reference other heroes in some way while not actually meeting the future members (GL fights White Martians while on a space mission, Amazons seeks help from Atlantis against a common foe). Maybe do Public Enemies. Followed swiftly by solo movies Aquaman, Manhunter, Flash.

Then of course JL 2 with Darkseid.

juggerman
Originally posted by juggerman
I really hope we get at least a Batman and Wonder Woman movie before JL. Then you can add GL in the group and just vaguely reference that horrible movie and bring in the Flash (i'd like Wally West) without an uber amount of backstory (maybe just a freak accident in a lab on the military base that Hal worked at) and expand upon that in his solo movie later. Brainiac would be a good villain here.

Then maybe a few sequels that can reference other heroes in some way while not actually meeting the future members (GL fights White Martians while on a space mission; Amazons seeks help from Atlantis against a common foe,but the current Atlantean king, not Arthur, doesn't help which later causes AM and WW to be at odds). Maybe do Public Enemies where Lex already is Prez so when he is defeated he's still untouchable. Followed swiftly by solo movies Flash, Aquaman, Manhunter.

Then JL 2 where Lex is pissed that he was beaten by Bats and Supes so he decides to get together a group of villains to pose as the JL and wreak havok on the world destroying their reputation. Bizarro/SM, Circe/WW, Sinestro/GL, Zoom/ Flash, Deathstroke/BM, Ma'alefa'ak/MM, and Black Manta?/AM. To keep the real JL from interferring he uses Batman's own contingency plans to kill off the heroes. Obviously a nod to Tower of Babel. After they all survive they face off against Luthor's "Injustice League" in the epic showdown at the end clearing their name.

Then a few more sequels, maybe a few more members (Fate, Canary, Atom, Arrow, Hawkman/woman, Tornado, Elongated Man, Booster Gold, Beetle, Marvel, Orion ect.) And finally we have JL 3 Darkseid arrives.

Made a few changes. I know this would never ever happen but i would love to see this play out on the big screen

Placidity
I specifically said "besides Superman and Batman". So, lol?

I said it because your statement could be read as if saying DC has two iconic characters, but Marvel has their own two (IM/Thor) too. Just pointing out the huge difference, Supes/Bats are in another league. Ha.

Placidity

That's pretty anecdotal. My Dad knows who WW, Flash, Iron Man Thor, and even Ant Man is, and he's never even read comics.

Well it is and it isn't. Look at what has been in TV and movies back a few decades, and that should explain it. You also have to consider how well known each character is in other countries.

Esau Cairn
DC should really take a gamble & break away from the Origins formula.
Start the franchise with the JLA already established & get on with telling the story.

Darth Martin
A Batman isn't by any means necessary though. Sure, his tech and abilities will have to be upgraded but the basis origin and story should be familiar.

Remember, Watchmen had multiple characters all in one film. Arguably the best of the genre too.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Start the franchise with the JLA already established & get on with telling the story. I just highly doubt they can pull this off. They seem to be eons behind the marvel fictional universe. They can't even agree on a jla script. Incompetence at it's finest.

Darth Martin
To be honest, I'd rather them make a Worlds Finest or Trinity film than a JLA picture.

The idea of Batman and Superman onscreen together.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8i4hytjhI1qh6zgbo1_400.gif

quanchi112
To be honest, I'd rather them make a Worlds Finest or Trinity film than a JLA picture.

The idea of Batman and Superman onscreen together.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8i4hytjhI1qh6zgbo1_400.gif I just don't know what's going on over there. It seems like they have no idea on what to do. They need a plan and then to execute it. At least marvel doing wonders at the box office. I have no faith in dc here until the top brass changes. At least we(viewers) have marvel and the avengers.

Darth Martin
DC killing Marvel with the animated game though.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Superman-Batman-Double-Feature-Public-Enemies-Apocalypse-DVD-2012-2-Disc-Set/00/$T2eC16JHJG8E9nyfmI4BBQmeejWeHg~~_35.JPG

quanchi112

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Superman-Batman-Double-Feature-Public-Enemies-Apocalypse-DVD-2012-2-Disc-Set/00/$T2eC16JHJG8E9nyfmI4BBQmeejWeHg~~_35.JPG I have seen some but the dc ones I saw were horrible. They are just basically netflix watches and are small potatoes to avengers type money. Marvel owns dc.

Darth Martin
Which ones have you seen?

-Pr-
quan, you probably should tone down some. we get it, you hate dc.

Kazenji
Start the franchise with the JLA already established & get on with telling the story.

I remember there was plans for a Green Arrow movie where it starts off with him in prison.

quanchi112

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Superman-Batman-Double-Feature-Public-Enemies-Apocalypse-DVD-2012-2-Disc-Set/00/$T2eC16JHJG8E9nyfmI4BBQmeejWeHg~~_35.JPG Apocalypse, the Doomsday one where the climax is him fighting a terrible clone instead of DD, the captain marvel one where they both take on Black Adam, a Spectre one, and one I couldn't even sit through where Superman fights the Elite. Originally posted by -Pr-
quan, you probably should tone down some. we get it, you hate dc. I listed the third Batman as one of my favorite films of 2012 so you're wrong again. I am just stating my opinion that marvel is owning dc at the box office and in terms of executing a clear plan. I have never hated dc but I do prefer marvel. Your sensitivity has ruined the comic versus forum for me don't ruin my movie versus forum experience.

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by quanchi112
I have seen some but the dc ones I saw were horrible. They are just basically netflix watches and are small potatoes to avengers type money. Marvel owns dc.

I agree with this. It's not that ALL of their cartoons are unwatchable, but enough of them disappointed me that I now believe that Marvel must have made a deal with Mephisto somewhere down the line to make DC suck.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
I agree with this. It's not that ALL of their cartoons are unwatchable, but enough of them disappointed me that I now believe that Marvel must have made a deal with Mephisto somewhere down the line to make DC suck. I feel bad for their diehard fans. I enjoy them as a competitor but marvel has been handing them their asses for so long it's starting to lose it's luster.

Robtard
DC animated films > Marvel for some time now. Not that I think the Marvel ones are crap.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
DC animated films > Marvel for some time now. Not that I think the Marvel ones are crap. Based on which dc animated films against which marvel animated films ?

-Pr-
Apocalypse, the Doomsday one where the climax is him fighting a terrible clone instead of DD, the captain marvel one where they both take on Black Adam, a Spectre one, and one I couldn't even sit through where Superman fights the Elite. I listed the third Batman as one of my favorite films of 2012 so you're wrong again. I am just stating my opinion that marvel is owning dc at the box office and in terms of executing a clear plan. I have never hated dc but I do prefer marvel. Your sensitivity has ruined the comic versus forum for me don't ruin my movie versus forum experience.

Quan, I'm not some noob, so don't talk to me like one.

Your record on this forum speaks volumes.

Impediment
I know I'm late to the discussion, but my question is:

How the f*ck can there be a JLA film when DC hasn't even released films of Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, and Flash?

Robtard
Based on which dc animated films against which marvel animated films ?

I own:

DC-
Superman: Doomsday
Justice League: The New Frontier
Batman: Gotham Knight
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern: First Flight
Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
Batman: Under the Red Hood
Superman/Batman: Apocalypse
All-Star Superman
Green Lantern: Emerald Knights
Batman: Year One
Justice League: Doom
Superman vs. The Elite
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns

Marvel-
Ultimate Avengers
Ultimate Avengers 2
The Invincible Iron Man
Doctor Strange: The Sorcerer Supreme
Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow
Hulk Vs
Planet Hulk
Thor: Tales of Asgard

(imo)The top 3 of all are of all DC and Marvel are:
Wonder Woman
Batman: Under the Red Hood <-- probably my favorite

The Marvel flicks are good and I enjoy them, but their best don't compete with DC's best, so far.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Impediment
I know I'm late to the discussion, but my question is:

How the f*ck can there be a JLA film when DC hasn't even released films of Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, and Flash?

Because Warner Brothers are Avengers jealous.

Robtard
Someone did point out that Watchmen did work and was profitable.While far less people even knew the basics of Nite Owl, Dr. Manhattan, The Comedian etc.

If they make a good movie, word of mouth will carry a JL flick almost alone.

Ascendancy
The Watchmen did well because the previews were well cut. Perhaps that's all it will take.

Robtard
Not just that. Good trailers will only get you so far. If the film had sucked donkey ass, word of mouth and social media outlets would have damaged it shortly after release.

quanchi112
Originally posted by -Pr-
Quan, I'm not some noob, so don't talk to me like one.

Your record on this forum speaks volumes. You're just sandy all the time. Just relax and enjoy the board. Originally posted by Robtard
I own:

DC-
Superman: Doomsday
Justice League: The New Frontier
Batman: Gotham Knight
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern: First Flight
Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Batman: Under the Red Hood
Superman/Batman: Apocalypse
All-Star Superman
Green Lantern: Emerald Knights
Batman: Year One
Justice League: Doom
Superman vs. The Elite
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns

Marvel-
Ultimate Avengers
Ultimate Avengers 2
The Invincible Iron Man
Doctor Strange: The Sorcerer Supreme
Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow
Hulk Vs
Planet Hulk
Thor: Tales of Asgard

(imo)The top 3 of all are of all DC and Marvel are:
Wonder Woman
Batman: Under the Red Hood <-- probably my favorite

The Marvel flicks are good and I enjoy them, but their best don't compete with DC's best, so far. None of the dc ones I have seen were any good. Opinions on what is better is entirely subjective anyways.Originally posted by Robtard
Someone did point out that Watchmen did work and was profitable.While far less people even knew the basics of Nite Owl, Dr. Manhattan, The Comedian etc.

If they make a good movie, word of mouth will carry a JL flick almost alone. Key word is IF. That's a pretty big word, brudda.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Ascendancy
The Watchmen did well because the previews were well cut. Perhaps that's all it will take.

Granted The Watchmen did well...but there's only a handful of Moore fans who dragged their partners & friends to see the flick & fill the seats.

Many of my friends who knew nothing of Alan Moore or the characters for that matter, did pay to see the movie but walked out afterwards complaining it was too long & none of the characters were "likeable".

Some couldn't even get past the sight of "The Big Blue Weenie."

quanchi112
I honestly didn't care for the Watchmen. I never read the comic either so I didn't go into it with high expectations. My complains were the same it was too long and I wanted it to end. The climax of the film was also unsatisfactory imo.

Robtard
Some couldn't even get past the sight of "The Big Blue Weenie."

Did you slap them for their nonsense?

Robtard
None of the dc ones I have seen were any good. Opinions on what is better is entirely subjective anyways.

Key word is IF. That's a pretty big word, brudda.

Have you seen Batman: Under the Red Hood? If not, rectify that immediately.

Well yes. But the point was that them making a good JL flick doesn't rely on their being a bunch of solo character flicks prior.

Esau Cairn
Did you slap them for their nonsense?

I did...until the usher told me to put my weenie away.

quanchi112
Have you seen Batman: Under the Red Hood? If not, rectify that immediately.

Well yes. But the point was that them making a good JL flick doesn't rely on their being a bunch of solo character flicks prior. I have no see that particular one. If I go against every fiber in my body and see this because you recommended it you do realize if I hate it I will be after you.

It helps establish a collective universe. It isn't absolutely necessary but it definitely helps.

Robtard
Watch it.

quanchi112
Watch it. Is it currently on netflix ?

Darth Martin
None of the dc ones I have seen were any good. Under the Red Hood is better than the majority of Marvel's live action films. This shit is so good it's ridiculous and it's ironic because it has neither Conroy nor Hamill. As Rob pointed out, Crisis On Infinite Earths and Wonder Woman are dope. While Apocalypse is enjoyable, Public Enemies is much more fun. There's also Year One, The New Frontier, etc. Hell, they just put out a two and a half hour movie in The Dark Knight Returns. Marvel has nothing that even compares.

If I go against every fiber in my body and see this because you recommended it you do realize if I hate it I will be after you. Stop posting and go watch the film immediately. It's on Netflix and in most Red Boxes.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/batman_under_the_red_hood/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1569923/

Many of my friends who knew nothing of Alan Moore or the characters for that matter, did pay to see the movie but walked out afterwards complaining it was too long & none of the characters were "likeable". To this day, I still have not read Alan Moore's graphic novel and I consider Watchmen the pinnacle of comic book/superhero movies.

Robtard
Is it currently on netflix ?

Yes. Streaming too. So watch it right now.

quanchi112
Under the Red Hood is better than the majority of Marvel's live action films. This shit is so good it's ridiculous and it's ironic because it has neither Conroy nor Hamill. As Rob pointed out, Crisis On Infinite Earths and Wonder Woman are dope. While Apocalypse is enjoyable, Public Enemies is much more fun. There's also Year One, The New Frontier, etc. Hell, they just put out a two and a half hour movie in The Dark Knight Returns. Marvel has nothing that even compares.

Stop posting and go watch the film immediately. It's on Netflix and in most Red Boxes.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/batman_under_the_red_hood/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1569923/

To this day, I still have not read Alan Moore's graphic novel and I consider Watchmen the pinnacle of comic book/superhero movies. You also just said in another thread that you liked the remake Halloween films. This kinda stuff could land you in prison. I hope I don't like it so I can commit my life to beating up robtard in a mcdonald's with a Thanos shirt and a Voldemort robe on as I do so.

Robtard
You also just said in another thread that you liked the remake Halloween films. This kinda stuff could land you in prison. I hope I don't like it so I can commit my life to beating up robtard in a mcdonald's with a Thanos shirt and a Voldemort robe on as I do so.

I'd never be inside a McDonald's, Mr. Triple-Scoop. Stop being a coward and watch the film right now.

Darth Martin
Voldemort robe.....?

http://www.blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/assets_c/2010/05/walker-thumb-500x310-21269.jpg

-Pr-
You're just sandy all the time. Just relax and enjoy the board. None of the dc ones I have seen were any good. Opinions on what is better is entirely subjective anyways. Key word is IF. That's a pretty big word, brudda.

I do enjoy the board; just not your input. Stop being such an enormous troll, then we'll talk. I know, you like to get a rise out of people, but that doesn't make you look funny or clever. It just makes you look like a dick.

That might seem harsh, but maybe if you relaxed a little and weren't so intent on stirring up trouble, you might enjoy the forum more.

erm

==

Under The Red Hood is a better animated movie than anything Marvel has put out. Marvel animation is lacking behind; it's as much common sense as DC lagging behind in live action pictures.

quanchi112
I'd never be inside a McDonald's, Mr. Triple-Scoop. Stop being a coward and watch the film right now. I watched it. It was good but not great. Of course Batman is a chump and the Joker lived. Turned his back on him for some self righteous moral code. I bet you have a McFlurry in one hand and a large smoothie in the other right now.Originally posted by Darth Martin
Voldemort robe.....?

http://www.blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/assets_c/2010/05/walker-thumb-500x310-21269.jpg You put this picture up far too often.

quanchi112
I do enjoy the board; just not your input. Stop being such an enormous troll, then we'll talk. I know, you like to get a rise out of people, but that doesn't make you look funny or clever. It just makes you look like a dick.

That might seem harsh, but maybe if you relaxed a little and weren't so intent on stirring up trouble, you might enjoy the forum more.

erm

==

Under The Red Hood is a better animated movie than anything Marvel has put out. Marvel animation is lacking behind; it's as much common sense as DC lagging behind in live action pictures. You will call someone a liar but then chastise me for doing so. You will let Superman fans troll Thor fans all over your board but when pic of Superman failing to stop machine gun fire you went into commando mode. I am comfortable here outside your presence. I like a relaxed board not someone who is looking to press certain posters while letting others run wild.

Impediment
You could just cut the love in here with a knife, it's so thick in the air.

awermm

-Pr-
You will call someone a liar but then chastise me for doing so. You will let Superman fans troll Thor fans all over your board but when pic of Superman failing to stop machine gun fire you went into commando mode. I am comfortable here outside your presence. I like a relaxed board not someone who is looking to press certain posters while letting others run wild.

You're lying right now. erm

If you really liked a relaxed board, you wouldn't go out of your way to get a rise out of people.

Besides, the fact that I'm an Aquaman fan in and of itself disproves your point.

quanchi112
You're lying right now. erm

If you really liked a relaxed board, you wouldn't go out of your way to get a rise out of people.

Besides, the fact that I'm an Aquaman fan in and of itself disproves your point. So now you are denying you have never called carver a liar by saying things like lies make baby Jesus cry to his posts ?

It's my style to go for the throat. It isn't just me who goes for the throat either. A passionless board is bad for everyone involved.

You still back Superman.

-Pr-
So now you are denying you have never called carver a liar by saying things like lies make baby Jesus cry to his posts ?

It's my style to go for the throat. It isn't just me who goes for the throat either. A passionless board is bad for everyone involved.

You still back Superman.

I mess with Carver because it's fun. If I was genuinely as angry as you say, he'd have been banned by now. He knows this.

Yet he, and you (and you've had more complaints against you than he has) are still on this forum. I wonder why?

I'm allowed to be a fan of characters and debate for them.

quanchi112
I mess with Carver because it's fun. If I was genuinely as angry as you say, he'd have been banned by now. He knows this.

Yet he, and you (and you've had more complaints against you than he has) are still on this forum. I wonder why?

I'm allowed to be a fan of characters and debate for them. Yes, I know but you frequently accuse him of lying because he's lying. Why can't I call him a liar from time to time if he is lying ?

I am the lifeblood of this forum. Deep down you know it.

Every debate I have gone into the last few weeks you threaten to ban me for all time. If you'd just lighten up I might forgive you one day. Ten years from now or so.

Robtard
I watched it. It was good but not great.

Of course Batman is a chump and the Joker lived. Turned his back on him for some self righteous moral code. I bet you have a McFlurry in one hand and a large smoothie in the other right now.

Glad you enjoyed it. Which Marvel animated flick is better in your opinion?

You're trying too hard to troll again. You don't need to troll in every thread and each post, it makes you look like a desperate fool. So let's just focus on the top section, okay?

quanchi112
Glad you enjoyed it. Which Marvel animated flick is better in your opinion?

You're trying too hard to troll again. You don't need to troll in every thread and each post, it makes you look like a desperate fool. So let's just focus on the top section, okay? The Thor/Loki one from Loki's perspective. I can't remember the title but the drawing is different.

I could care less about anyone's opinion of me on here. If it had sucked I would have been on a manhunt. Lucky for you it didn't.

Newjak
Yes, I know but you frequently accuse him of lying because he's lying. Why can't I call him a liar from time to time if he is lying ?

I am the lifeblood of this forum. Deep down you know it.

Every debate I have gone into the last few weeks you threaten to ban me for all time. If you'd just lighten up I might forgive you one day. Ten years from now or so. Did you really just call yourself the lifeblood of a forum?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Newjak
Did you really just call yourself the lifeblood of a forum? Why yes, yes I did. There's bq which was from my understanding dark times on here.

Newjak
Why yes, yes I did. There's bq which was from my understanding dark times on here. I really, really think you are overselling yourself right now.

Robtard
The Thor/Loki one from Loki's perspective. I can't remember the title but the drawing is different.

I could care less about anyone's opinion of me on here. If it had sucked I would have been on a manhunt. Lucky for you it didn't.

The Hulk Vs Thor in Hulk Vs?

quanchi112
The Hulk Vs Thor in Hulk Vs? No, I think it was Thor/Loki blood brothers or something to that effect.

Newjak
The Hulk Vs Thor in Hulk Vs? I thinkI know the one he is talking about, and if so I thought it was pretty badly animated. It was the animate existing comic book pages to move around some style which I don't like.

There are better examples for instance, Thor and Loki, Sons of Asgard I think it was called.

Planet Hulk wasn't bad either if we are talking Marvel animation.

quanchi112
I really, really think you are overselling yourself right now. If anythign I am underselling myself. I am not just the blood I am it's cardiac muscle.

Newjak
If anythign I am underselling myself. I am not just the blood I am it's cardiac muscle. You know Qunachi if you want to prove that statement you should stop posting here for a month or two come back and see if the Forums have died wink

quanchi112
You know Qunachi if you want to prove that statement you should stop posting here for a month or two come back and see if the Forums have died wink I have vaca'd before and Pr always begs me back on. I wouldn't dream of doing that to him again so close to his thirtieth.

Newjak
I have vaca'd before and Pr always begs me back on. I wouldn't dream of doing that to him again so close to his thirtieth.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

It must be nice making ridiculous claims over the Internet without any fear of repercussions.

If you think this Forums would die if you left you have too much self-worth. This forum would survive and live on just fine.

quanchi112
roll eyes (sarcastic)

It must be nice making ridiculous claims over the Internet without any fear of repercussions.

If you think this Forums would die if you left you have too much self-worth. This forum would survive and live on just fine. Oh relax. Don't be such a tight ass. This board's activity isn't growing anyways and far removed from it's prime.

Robtard
No, I think it was Thor/Loki blood brothers or something to that effect.

Oh this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuOSrIisA20

I didn't care for it much.

Darth Martin
Hulk vs. Wolverine was probably the best Marvel animated film despite its 37 minute runtime.

Under The Red Hood is a better animated movie than anything Marvel has put out. Marvel animation is lacking behind; it's as much common sense as DC lagging behind in live action pictures.

http://bringthetuck.us/rr/the-rock-clapping.gif

quanchi112
Oh this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuOSrIisA20

I didn't care for it much. No one ever said you had good taste.

Kazenji
That was a good Motion comic to watch.

Darth Martin
Quanchi goin' hard at everybody.

Kazenji
That's the why he rolls it seems

go hard or go home.

Dolos
First it was Chris Nolan, than Zack Snyder got pulled into this. If Man of Steel immulates the success of Watchmen, and I think it will farr faaar surpass because of the nature of Superman and Zack's ability to make it epic looking, sounding and feeling...that combined with the fact that, despite Watchmen, he can and has made characters relateable, like in Sin City.

I think DC needs some more directors, I think if you throw just JJ Abrams in there, and they give it more time than Avengers was given to make the rest of the DC films first and wait to build up, I think Marvel is royally ****ed.

To summize Zack Snyder, it all depends on Man of Steel's success. I think Quanchi is premature to underestimate Zack Snyder...especially when in concert with Nolan's boys.

Darth Martin
Most definately. Nolan AND Snyder equals one great ****ing superhero movie.

Dolos
As for Watchmen, it's expected most people don't have the patient pertinacity required for a film like that. The perplexities were easy for me to grasp, what was left was watching in amusement as a super-powered, psi-conscious, agnostic atheist was murking the everloving shit out of the Vietcong to the symphonic rhythm of Wagner.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dolos
First it was Chris Nolan, than Zack Snyder got pulled into this. If Man of Steel immulates the success of Watchmen, and I think it will farr faaar surpass because of the nature of Superman and Zack's ability to make it epic looking, sounding and feeling...that combined with the fact that, despite Watchmen, he can and has made characters relateable, like in Sin City.

I think DC needs some more directors, I think if you throw just JJ Abrams in there, and they give it more time than Avengers was given to make the rest of the DC films first and wait to build up, I think Marvel is royally ****ed.

To summize Zack Snyder, it all depends on Man of Steel's success. I think Quanchi is premature to underestimate Zack Snyder...especially when in concert with Nolan's boys. When did I say I underestimated him ? I just think dc and the overall planning is a mess compared to the vision over at marvel. Originally posted by Dolos
As for Watchmen, it's expected most people don't have the patient pertinacity required for a film like that. The perplexities were easy for me to grasp, what was left was watching in amusement as a super-powered, psi-conscious, agnostic atheist was murking the everloving shit out of the Vietcong to the symphonic rhythm of Wagner. It was boring and too drawn out.

Robtard
^
Watchmen certainly wasn't for the crowd who needs loosely knit together actions scenes, little story and little character development.

It's a shame it didn't do better, was a great superhero flick. Likely in the top 5 superhero flicks.

quanchi112
^
Watchmen certainly wasn't for the crowd who needs loosely knit together actions scenes, little story and little character development.

It's a shame it didn't do better, was a great superhero flick. Likely in the top 5 superhero flicks. The story was really boring. The reason it didn't do better is because it was lame.

Robtard
The story was really boring. The reason it didn't do better is because it was lame.

We already went over your lack film taste in another thread. Let's not do it here.

quanchi112
We already went over your lack film taste in another thread. Let's not do it here. The movie didn't do well. The public agreed with me. Get over it. Cry elsewhere. This thread is for the jla mess dc has going on at the moment.

Esau Cairn
that combined with the fact that, despite Watchmen, he can and has made characters relateable, like in Sin City.

Snyder had nothing to do with Sin City. Plus the characters in Sin City were not as complexed nor the story line convoluted as Watchmen.

Like I said before, if Supes fails, critics will blame Snyder.
If it's a success, then all credit will go to the Nolans.

Robtard
The movie didn't do well. The public agreed with me. Get over it. Cry elsewhere. This thread is for the jla mess dc has going on at the moment.

How clever, state that we should get back on topic, after I implied it. Clever, anyhow.

I don't see the "mess" the JL film is in; it's way too early to be having such a dire outlook over a movie that hasn't been cast, set a director in stone nor had a final write. At least wait until MoS comes out, as it's linked to the JL flick before being mister boom and gloom.

Not that it matters, you're a known bandwagoneer. If MoS does well and when we finally start seeing glimpses of the JL flick, you'll be the first to jump on and say how great it's going to be.

quanchi112
How clever, state that we should get back on topic, after I implied it. Clever, anyhow.

I don't see the "mess" the JL film is in; it's way too early to be having such a dire outlook over a movie that hasn't been cast, set a director in stone nor had a final write. At least wait until MoS comes out, as it's linked to the JL flick before being mister boom and gloom.

Not that it matters, you're a known bandwagoneer. If MoS does well and when we finally start seeing glimpses of the JL flick, you'll be the first to jump on and say how great it's going to be. They wanted a script made and I linked another site which wrote a piece about how screwy their plans are over there.

Nah. I have always preferred marvel. I will acknowledge which dc books and films I like due to me being objective and all. I liked the Batman films but marvel is clearly drumming their asses at this point.

Darth Martin
I too am puzzled why we have a thread on this topic. Everything is pure speculation as no moves have been made.

The movie didn't do well. The public agreed with me.

Going by this logic, I guess X-Men Origins: Wolverine was the shit. There are a number of movies with varying quality that have been good but not did so well at the box office. Recently, Dredd comes to mind. Watchmen is awesome.

Ascendancy
Watchmen sucked. Seems there's very little in between when it comes to that film: loved it or hated it. I thought the entire thing was horrid, the first 45 minutes of the film were entirely unnecessary--everything there could have been tied up nicely without all that ado about nothing--and the ending was garbage as well.

Call him a curmudgeon if you like, but the creator said he didn't want it adapted to film because it's not a story that would translate well on screen and he was correct AFAIC. To each his own though.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Ascendancy

but the creator said he didn't want it adapted to film because it's not a story that would translate well on screen and he was correct AFAIC. To each his own though.

Same goes for all the other films that have been adapted from his works.

Darth Martin
V For Vendetta was dope though. And I've read that book.

Esau Cairn
So we've gone from JLA to Alan Moore....

This is why he hates fanboys so much.

Kazenji
^

and also great at Whinging about things.

tkitna
I thought the Watchmen was really good and even liked the movie ending better then Moore's, but then again, I had read the book before the movie came out. Seems like the people who didnt care for it had no idea what it was about beforehand. Thats cool because it wasnt a typical superhero movie where there was senseless action and fighting throughout. It leaned more on the intellectual side. The Watchmen is considered one of the greatest comic books ever written and the movie copied it. Cant see how comic book fans did not like the movie.

The JLA can work and will make money when and if it ever gets done, but like somebody else has already said, it will be labeled as the other Avengers movie. That doesnt bode well for it.

quanchi112
I too am puzzled why we have a thread on this topic. Everything is pure speculation as no moves have been made.

Going by this logic, I guess X-Men Origins: Wolverine was the shit. There are a number of movies with varying quality that have been good but not did so well at the box office. Recently, Dredd comes to mind. Watchmen is awesome. Watchmen is terrible. Boring and just all in all not enjoyable.

Dolos
Watchmen is terrible. Boring and just all in all not enjoyable.

I thought the opening was the opposite.

Loved when Rorschach died.

Doc Manhattan and Ozymandias were merciless. We all knew Manhattan was #1 though.

quanchi112
I thought the opening was the opposite.

Loved when Rorschach died.

Doc Manhattan and Ozymandias were merciless. We all knew Manhattan was #1 though. One thing I will agree on is that Manhattan would crush Superman. Then again the guy got his ass kicked by some bully in a diner showing without his powers he's a joke.

Darth Martin
Everybody got an opinion.

simonsmi
thanx.................................smile

Dolos
One thing I will agree on is that Manhattan would crush Superman. Then again the guy got his ass kicked by some bully in a diner showing without his powers he's a joke.

Movie Superman is molecularly (as in periodic table) light years beyond Doctor Manhattan's physiology. Even though he recreated his form into indestructible matter from the sub-atomic level, you don't see him barreling through the atmosphere manipulating his center of gravity to go back in time or hauling radioactive materials that negate his equivalent ability to psi-consciously manipulate intrinsic fields sorround atoms (Superman's Kryptonite-esque).

The new Superman probably won't be as powerful as Doctor Manhattan though. More on movie Thor and Hulk's level, with considerably greater speed and striking power than the two.

Adam-David
I think I may be the only one actually excited for JL.

Reason 1, The line up. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Flash. We already know batman and superman no matter which incarnation it is, we know them (hopefully Cavil will be reprising his role). GL has already had a stand alone movie so his foundations are set. The only two needing introducing are flash and wonder woman. Flash doesn't need a great back story. Just a hint would be enough to spawn a stand alone film. And as for wonder woman. Well Its wonder Woman. by 2015 the AMAZON show will be on air and movie goers will have an idea of her back story.

Reason 2, ITS JUSTICE LEAGUE!

quanchi112
Movie Superman is molecularly (as in periodic table) light years beyond Doctor Manhattan's physiology. Even though he recreated his form into indestructible matter from the sub-atomic level, you don't see him barreling through the atmosphere manipulating his center of gravity to go back in time or hauling radioactive materials that negate his equivalent ability to psi-consciously manipulate intrinsic fields sorround atoms (Superman's Kryptonite-esque).

The new Superman probably won't be as powerful as Doctor Manhattan though. More on movie Thor and Hulk's level, with considerably greater speed and striking power than the two. LOL. The guy was beaten up in a diner. The guy was dominated by Luthor and henchmen. The guy is easily beatable. The guy also failed to save Lois. Manhattan can't be harmed by Superman and is beyond him in terms of intelligence and raw power to the nth degree.

No Superman on screen has ever been on Manhattan's level. The guy is rocked by manholes and Coke signs while at the same time struggles to stop buses.

Dolos
LOL. The guy was beaten up in a diner. The guy was dominated by Luthor and henchmen. The guy is easily beatable. The guy also failed to save Lois. Manhattan can't be harmed by Superman and is beyond him in terms of intelligence and raw power to the nth degree.

No Superman on screen has ever been on Manhattan's level. The guy is rocked by manholes and Coke signs while at the same time struggles to stop buses.

As far as education goes, Jor-El provided more education than any human being has. "Knowledge from dozens of other worlds spanning 28 galaxies." The knowledge of a civilization thousands of years ahead of humanity. As for intelligence he's a Kryptonian thousands of years ahead of any human being, including some Physicist who has gained psi-conscious awareness....beings in such an advanced civilization would need to be millions times more intelligent to grasp all the knowledge alone. As for power, Doctor Manhattan can create life but he'd never be able to alter his molecular structure through manipulation of sub-atomic particles, to gain the physical abilities of a Kryptonian under yellow sunlight, pertaining only the five movies released. His feats don't match up, why would you take any weaknesses like Kryptonite when considering pure unspoiled physical and supernatural power between the two? One can only rationlize through direct feats. Doctor Manhattan can stop nuclear missiles, so can Superman, Doctor Manhattan can manipulate matter, Superman can't, Superman can propel himself at limitless speeds to traverse time and has unlimited invulnerability (excluding Kryptonite) and possesses infinite strength, Doctor Manhattan can't and does not.

In fact, Superman destroy the world's nuclear arsenal, preventing the threat of nuclear annihiliation, Doctor Manhattan had to find an alternative energy source, he didn't have the sheer speed nor the awareness to destroy all of them, as stated by Ozymandias. Superman simply zipped around, got all the missiles, and tossed them into the sun.

quanchi112
As far as education goes, Jor-El provided more education than any human being has. "Knowledge from dozens of other worlds spanning 28 galaxies." The knowledge of a civilization thousands of years ahead of humanity. As for intelligence he's a Kryptonian thousands of years ahead of any human being, including some Physicist who has gained psi-conscious awareness....beings in such an advanced civilization would need to be millions times more intelligent to grasp all the knowledge alone. As for power, Doctor Manhattan can create life but he'd never be able to alter his molecular structure through manipulation of sub-atomic particles, to gain the physical abilities of a Kryptonian under yellow sunlight, pertaining only the five movies released. His feats don't match up, why would you take any weaknesses like Kryptonite when considering pure unspoiled physical and supernatural power between the two? One can only rationlize through direct feats. Doctor Manhattan can stop nuclear missiles, so can Superman, Doctor Manhattan can manipulate matter, Superman can't, Superman can propel himself at limitless speeds to traverse time and has unlimited invulnerability (excluding Kryptonite) and possesses infinite strength, Doctor Manhattan can't and does not.

In fact, Superman destroy the world's nuclear arsenal, preventing the threat of nuclear annihiliation, Doctor Manhattan had to find an alternative energy source, he didn't have the sheer speed nor the awareness to destroy all of them, as stated by Ozymandias. Superman simply zipped around, got all the missiles, and tossed them into the sun. Dr. Manhattan is far superior to any human being. For all Jor-El's intelligence he didn't save his people. LOL. I could care less if they are ahead of earth they aren't ahead of Manhattan. Manhattan doesn't need to gain their abilities because frankly it'd be a downgrade.

I don't expect Superman fans to grasp common sense so don't worry I will go easy on you. If he had unlimited vulnerability he'd never have been hurt. Listen don't waste my time with your fanfiction. The guy was worked on screen and struggled with a bus yet you claim infinite strength. LOL. Manhattan doesn't need to do so. Manhattan can replicate his body and reform from having his form completely destroyed. Superman struggles with a human opponent in Luthor so it seems Luthor is more intelligent than Superman directly. LOL.

Superman isn't even the smartest guy in his own movies. An earth man is smarter than him. Again Jor-El's civilization 's progress has no bearing on a guy who grew up on a farm so please make an actual point.

Manhattan didn't interfere as much and was more passive but unlike Superman was never threatened by any of his foes. Superman was mainly threatened by his human adversary with no super powers of his own making it that much more embarrassing.

Manhattan>>>>>>Superman. It's not up for discussion. Just leave with whatever pride you have left at this point.

juggerman
http://batman-news.com/2013/03/03/c...turn-as-batman/

Arachnid1
http://batman-news.com/2013/03/03/c...turn-as-batman/ Links dead. Try this out:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/04/report-bale-to-return-as-batman-in-justice-league

juggerman
Sorry I copied and pasted from Comic Book Movies. Here's the quote:

Originally posted by Blair Wind
Rumor and speculation, but from a source that's been proven right many times before. Basically, Nolan has been put in charge of the entire DC Cinematic Universe as producer and chief creative, Bale will reprise his role as Bruce, and Snyder will be directing/producing.

http://batman-news.com/2013/03/03/christopher-nolan-to-produce-justice-league-christian-bale-to-return-as-batman/

original source (a video from vimeo which is why I gave the above link):

http://latino-review.com/2013/03/03/exclusive-dcu-takeover-huge-developments-justice-league/

--------------------

I don't care what PR says, I'd be happy with this happening.

quanchi112
I am sure it would have to come to this to compete with marvel. Hopefully, dc can make themselves competitive again in the movie industry.

Dolos
-Watch the video

Dolos
I am sure it would have to come to this to compete with marvel. Hopefully, dc can make themselves competitive again in the movie industry.

With Batman DC already has the edge of Marvel. Star Wars is there real competition, DC has better funding and better writers than Marvel.

Esau Cairn
I don't mind Bale reprising his role but they're really going to have to redesign his costume to make it more agile & flexible. Otherwise he's gonna look awkward & clumsy in a JL group fight situation.
Also more live wire action where Batman can be seen leaping & "gliding" with his cape.

quanchi112
With Batman DC already has the edge of Marvel. Star Wars is there real competition, DC has better funding and better writers than Marvel. Avengers is superior to any Batman film. That's just one marvel franchise. Xmen, Spiderman, Hulk, Ironman, Blade, Thor, etc. LOL at comparing the Batman to the entire marvel film universe.

if Dc has better funding that's worse on their part. saying they have better writing is subjective. Marvel is more successful hands down. Bottom line is money and marvel is handing them their asses. Arguing dc spends more money and makes less than marvel is actually a point in marvel's favor.

playa1258
Its debatable if Avengers is superior to TDK. Anyway this is lending more credit to those reports of Man Of Steel being a very good film.

Its going to be a long wait.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Its debatable if Avengers is superior to TDK. Anyway this is lending more credit to those reports of Man Of Steel being a very good film.

Its going to be a long wait. Agreed due to it being entirely subjective. It made more money so it was more successful. The goal is money so avengers wins hands down there.

Impediment
http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/04/28/justice-league-movie-confirmed-with-zack-snyder-as-director

Zack Snyder to direct the JLA movie sometime after 2018.

DARTH POWER
Since they seemed to have given up on Solo films, there will be more hype for Batman vs Superman than for the JL film. The JL film will just seem like an overcrowded sequel to BvS. It's not a good move.

Firefly218
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Since they seemed to have given up on Solo films, there will be more hype for Batman vs Superman than for the JL film. The JL film will just seem like an overcrowded sequel to BvS. It's not a good move.

If Batman vs Superman is actually good, people will be interested in Justice League.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Firefly218
If Batman vs Superman is actually good, people will be interested in Justice League.

If BvS is good then there will only be interest in JL as a sequel to BvS. But there will be little interest in all the other heroes. And how much of the movie is going to be dedicated to explaining the origin story of each and every JL member? Just don't see how that can work.

Well at least they have a solo GL movie. I'm sure that will help generate the buzz for JL!

juggerman
If nothing else they really should do a solo WW movie

BruceSkywalker

If BvS is good then there will only be interest in JL as a sequel to BvS. But there will be little interest in all the other heroes. And how much of the movie is going to be dedicated to explaining the origin story of each and every JL member? Just don't see how that can work.

Well at least they have a solo GL movie. I'm sure that will help generate the buzz for JL!

thumb up

Ridley_Prime
If nothing else they really should do a solo WW movie
And to think, all they would have to do to make it good is replicate the plot of that animated Wonder Woman movie from 2009 in live action.

Robtard
If no one has mentioned it, Matt Damon is rumored to be playing Aquaman.

ares834
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
And to think, all they would have to do to make it good is replicate the plot of that animated Wonder Woman movie from 2009 in live action.

Good movie, but it wouldn't work for a live action film. I still really want a WW flick though, maybe something similar to Azzarello's current run would work.

If no one has mentioned it, Matt Damon is rumored to be playing Aquaman.

Meh...

Robtard
Don't ****ing "Meh" me!

juggerman
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

That was my thought. It would have to be updated. And a little more back story but it would be awesome

TH3_V01D
Superman/Batman is more than enough to crush marvel, this movie is gonna be the movie event of the decade.
We talking about the fathers of superhero comicdom,icons, not a bunch of B-C listers that are a just hot thing

WhiteWitchKing
B-lister Cap is only 21 million dollars away from catching up to the "father" of superheroes. The Avengers 2 is going to raise the box office take above that 1.5 Billion.

TH3_V01D
Because the first movie from a Superhero that dosent have a movie since late 70s is comparable to a estableshied movie franchise.
Not even Batman begins made that much. Compared to Phase 1 movies Man of Steel made more than good.
And to be fair, actually the only marvel studios movie that beat MoS in box office are Iron man 3 and avengers, you know sequels.
BTW Man of Steel killed IM3 and THOR2 (both the Marvel movies out that same year) in DVD/BLU-RAY Sales last year.

Firefly218
Originally posted by TH3_V01D
Because the first movie from a Superhero that dosent have a movie since late 70s is comparable to a estableshied movie franchise.
Not even Batman begins made that much. Compared to Phase 1 movies Man of Steel made more than good.
And to be fair, actually the only marvel studios movie that beat MoS in box office are Iron man 3 and avengers.

Thor 2 almost beat MoS. A movie you considered "turd". Face it, people like the Marvel brand more than the DC brand

TH3_V01D
Blah, blah blah keep talking b1tch, the fact is the movie didnt beat a dead movie franchise, critically divisive, even coming from a blockbuster success like avengers.
And of course Marvel is more popular, is the hot thing with the little kids today, the disney audience.

BlackZero30x
Superman/Batman is more than enough to crush marvel, this movie is gonna be the movie event of the decade.
We talking about the fathers of superhero comicdom,icons, not a bunch of B-C listers that are a just hot thing I can assure you there are people that have read Avengers comics growing up. People actually like these characters. DC has the problem that they can't seem to get their most popular heroes done well enough to do what Marvel did. The Dark Knight batman was cool but not a good fit for an expanded DC universe. So they have to make a new one and hope the fans embrace it or they are dead in the water. The only redeeming thing they have right now is MoS and not everyone took to it all that well as is. If anything people will be excited to see Bat and sups in a movie together but if its not good then it won't bee enough to keep interest. They are betting a lot on this movie. Marvel had a lot of time to build it up.

marwash22
Blah, blah blah keep talking b1tch lol

Firefly218
Blah, blah blah keep talking b1tch, the fact is the movie didnt beat a dead movie franchise, critically divisive, even coming from a blockbuster success like avengers.
I don't talk, I preach

And of course Marvel is more popular, is the hot thing with the little kids today, the disney audience.

A large portion of a Marvel's box office comes from the 18-49 age demographic.

Anything else you want me to shoot down for you dumb****

TH3_V01D
Prove it idiot. because iron man 3 was FULL of moms and little shits wearing iron man t shirts

marwash22
^ demographics are largely dependent on the showtime you attend. I went to the 11pm showtime on Friday and it was all people my age, give or take 3-5 years, zero kids were in attendance.

marwash22
realistically, the demo for comic movies is more like 13-35.

ares834
Originally posted by marwash22
realistically, the demo for comic movies is more like 13-35.

Eh, I'd say younger than that. Little kids love these films as well. But that doesn't make them bad or anything like Th3_Void seems to be claiming.

marwash22
younger kids see them, sure, as do older people, but the vast majority are those who fall into that 13-35 range.

TH3_V01D
To me younger demographics are to blame for the fact how safe those movies feel, i still remember in MoS the ''crack'' hahaahha little kids looking in awe and mothers closing thier eyes.
Say what you wants but, its almost a year since MoS and people still are discussing about the movie. The likes of Thor 2 and IM3 are pretty much forgotten

Firefly218
Prove it idiot.

I have better things to do. Go **** yourself

SpaceMonkey
I love a good "Troll Feeding" session. Let me! Let me!! (Without resorting to name-calling now, let's be adults) OK, the Marvel Cinematic Universe is, in MY opinion, far superior to the ONE underwhelming movie made by Zack "I guess this is directing" Snyder. I have high hopes for BvS simply because DC can't be dumb enough to continue to allow Marvel to steamroll over them. I actually want DC to compete, it'll make Marvel up their game, not that they need to with the success of Winter Soldier. Their problem starts with directing and casting. Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman? REALLY? An iconic character, the first true female comic book hero needs to have gravitas to make it in the boys' club that is the Justice League. That was just one example of their futility. Again, just my opinion, opinions need no proof. I am, however all about stating my argument in a mature manner.

P.E.A.C.E.

wakkawakkawakka
To me younger demographics are to blame for the fact how safe those movies feel, i still remember in MoS the ''crack'' hahaahha little kids looking in awe and mothers closing thier eyes.
Say what you wants but, its almost a year since MoS and people still are discussing about the movie. The likes of Thor 2 and IM3 are pretty much forgotten
Wouldn't say that. Younger kids would still drag their folks to superhero movies which generates revenue. Blame said folks for coddling if anything else.

That's because Thor 2 wasn't anything special and people are actively trying to forget IM3 IIRC.

As for this JL project. Was really hoping for DC to just suck it up and follow Marvel's formula. I mean they have right to virtually everything in the DC-verse so no need to fight FOX or Sony for characters when they have a full toy box.

WhiteWitchKing

No? Then what movie was Roth in?
http://img2.hebus.com/hebus_2005/04/22/preview/050422194122_81.jpg

He had an entire tv show. 10 seasons.
http://www.publispain.com/smallville/imagenes/05smallville.jpg

Two actually. 4 Seasons.
http://img2.tvtome.com/i/tvp/gl/186.jpg

JL/JL Unlimited:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/0/6732/325505-169339-justice-league-unlim.jpg

Superman The Animated Series. 4 seasons.
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/stas/stas-season1dvd.jpg

Superman is in constant exposure throughout the 90s-00s. And Cap, with far less exposure, a B-lister like you said, will match your so called "father" of superheroes.

First you say these two father of superheroes will blow the Avengers, B-listers, out of the water. Then you admit that we shouldn't make a comparison between MOS and Cap 2 because Superman hasn't even been in a movie since the 70s. Yet, Man of Steel is the second Superman movie in the last 7 years, not 30. If he's as iconic and a bigger blockbuster character, how come those numbers aren't that much better than B-Listers like IM/Thor/Cap? At this point, Marvel's characters are as much of a box office draw as DC's characters.

To me younger demographics are to blame for the fact how safe those movies feel,

So do you have numbers for MOS and IM3/Thor2 regarding demographics or is this just your observation when you went to the theater? MOS had a PG13 rating like IM3/Thor 2.

IM3 - Maya was shot dead. Mandarin was shot dead. Happy was blown up and laid near dead, while those around him actually died.

Thor 2 - Thor's hand gets cut off at one point. Loki gets stabbed and presumed dead until the final reveal. Malekith had half his face burned and was later stabbed/dismembered limb from limb.

That neck snapping is no more gruesome than any of these scenes.

Who is discussing Man of Steeling? You mean discussing it's mediocrity and how WB rushing to build a universe on its faulty foundation?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>