Christopher Dorner, Ex-LAPD on a killing spree

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mairuzu
Not sure how many of you are aware of whats going on in california right now but all this week, southern california police stations are on the look out for ex-LAPD officer Christopher Dorner.

Theres a lot to the story but I'll give the gist of it... this guy reported on a fellow officer for misconduct. Basically she kicked someone handcuffed to excessively. He has a lengthy manifesto that he apparently posted on facebook mentioning a lot of corruption and how this department ****ed him over by taking the side of the officer he was ratting on. Now after losing his job and his position in the navy, hes on a revenge kick. His manifesto has a list of targets, and family members of targets.

All in the goal to "clear his name".... which seems pretty odd....

Well im sure they're having fun using our tax dollars searching for this guy, a problem they somewhat helped create. Theres no doubt theres corruption and im glad this guy is exposing it.. but killing innocent people isnt the way to go.

The police have already injured quite a few people over the week while searching for this guy. Putting entire magazines into similar looking vehicles that hes supposedly driving. Im a little lazy to bring links but ill get them eventually.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/11/us/lapd-attacks/index.html

http://static.globalgrind.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/article_images_540/images/2013_february/screen_shot_2013-02-07_at_5.47.44_pm.png

Thats a lot of bullet holes for someone that wasnt Dorner. Fpr **** sake.

Ive heard that they deloyed drones in search for this guy. I wonder what the outcome will be. Do you think they would use it to execute him without due process? So far I think hes killed 3 people.

Tzeentch._
Surprised it's takin this long for a thread to be made about it.

Between this and the Pope resigning, you've fallen off GDF.

Mairuzu
Im surprised as well. Ive been confused on his manifesto... there seems to be different versions.

There is this one, which doesnt include all that political bullshit talk, praising GW bush and hilary and piers morgan and other irrelevant celebs.

http://content.clearchannel.com/cc-common/mlib/616/02/616_1360213161.pdf

and then of course the other one has more pages of his rants towards shit that doesnt really have anything to do with whats going on with him. Which to me would seem rather pointless to add in, cocidering what hes doing.

Robtard
Originally posted by Mairuzu
and then of course the other one has more pages of his rants towards shit that doesnt really have anything to do with whats going on with him. Which to me would seem rather pointless to add in, cocidering what hes doing. He shot the daughter of the man who represented him during his board hearing and her fiance because he didn't end up keeping his job.

Tells me the man's not right in the head.

Omega Vision
From all I've heard of the LAPD it wouldn't surprise me if most or all of his claims are at least partially true.

I doubt that it would ever come to using weaponized drones, that sounds like a plot device from a popcorn action flick. More likely he'll just be killed by a sharpshooter, or take his own life after being surrounded in a spiderhole.

Mairuzu
Weaponized drones, hopefully not. But according to his manifesto, the dude seems prepared and has some experience. I wonder how long he can hold off.

Since I live here in LA, im more frightened of the police. But what else is new.

Originally posted by Robtard
He shot the daughter of the man who represented him during his board hearing and her fiance because he didn't end up keeping his job.

Tells me the man's not right in the head.

He's definitely tripping balls. Innocent until proven guilty though, and as I see this whole thing fold out, the police dont seem like they want to take him alive.

I still find it odd that there are either versions with the political and celeb rants left out, or there are versions with those things added in. As far as i can tell, no one is sure which is legit.

People seem to already begin their conspiracies that this dude hasnt even killed anyone yet. Idk about that.

Scarlet Fox
The story makes he think of 'Movie' type scenario. The people he killed are corrupted assassins trying to take him out and prevent him from uncovering the Level of Corruption in the Police Force!

But that is all in the movies... Would be kind of Awesome if it did turn out that way and he ended up winning.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Scarlet Fox
The story makes he think of 'Movie' type scenario. The people he killed are corrupted assassins trying to take him out and prevent him from uncovering the Level of Corruption in the Police Force!

But that is all in the movies... Would be kind of Awesome if it did turn out that way and he ended up winning.

Yeah, unfortunately it's virtually never like that IRL.

Ascendancy
Yeah, I'd definitely believe the corruption/misconduct angle considering how much evidence there is of that anyway. That said, there's no way he's being taken in alive unless he manages to surrender on live TV or something.

Would be interesting to find out exactly what went down though.

The shot up vehicle speaks to the crazed state of what's going on. From what I recall, his vehicle was actually white, but I only caught a quick glimpse when they were showing it smoking from where he torched it.

Dolos
Right out of a movie.

Dolos
-edit-

Symmetric Chaos
Why would he wait so long to go on this rampage. This smells like a false flag operation by Ron Paul.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Why would he wait so long to go on this rampage. This smells like a false flag operation by Ron Paul.

Probably Hilary Clinton, actually. Hilary is out to take our jobs.

BackFire
And our lives.

Jedi Sheriff
A similar thing happened in England with a guy called Raoul Moat, he killed his ex's new BF, whom she gloated to Raoul Moat on FB that he was a copper even though he wasn't, then the next day, I think, as the manhunt started he blinded a copper who was parked outside his ex's house, again, I think this is how it happened. It ended a week or so later when the police cornered him in a field and he blew his head off. I imagine that when the police had him cornered, they were pushing him to kill himself by telling him all the **** they were going to do to him. 'Cos once you **** with the police they're out to get you. The only reason the police didn't do him themselves is because there were television cameras about 500 yds away.

Mairuzu
Borne legacy bro

focus4chumps
dorner at least has a specific hit list, so if you're not on his list you can probably walk right by him and never know.

the LAPD however has embarked on a media-blackout open safari. the plan? simple. dorner drives a truck...shoot at trucks. bound to get him someday.

while dorner is to be feared and reviled, i fear and revile the LAPD more.

Oliver North
how anyone has convinced themselves this guy is a folk hero amazes me

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Oliver North

The LAPD is Evil.
Anyone who opposes Evil is Good.
Christopher Dorner opposes the LAPD.
Christopher Dorner is Good.

Also keep in mind military fetishism.

Oliver North
Oh, I totally get the logic, and like focus4 said, he doesn't personally feel afraid, so going by probability it just makes sense to hate the cops more and support a spree killer

Symmetric Chaos
Wow, this guy clearly thinks he's in a movie.

Before the shooting started he sent Anderson Cooper his manifesto and an LAPD coin he'd shot.

If it weren't for the fact that people died this would almost be slapstick. Dorner has only shot people who weren't part of the LAPD and the LAPD has only shot people who aren't Dorner.

Robtard

Is there some movement? Don't tell me there's a FB or Tumblr of "Support Dorner".

Symmetric Chaos
A link to what is supposedly his manifesto:
http://youranonnews.tumblr.com/post/42506354980/heres-an-uncensored-copy-of-the-rogue-lapd-officers

Among other things he complements Ellen Degeneres on her show and says his killings are the government's fault for not reinstating the AWB to keep the guns away from him.

Robtard
Only read a bit, but is this true:

"The only thing that has evolved from the consent decree is those officers involved in the Rampart scandal and Rodney King incidents have since promoted to supervisor, commanders, and command staff, and executive positions."

Cos I'm pretty sure the four King beating officers never served again. No idea about the Rampart scandal.

Mairuzu
http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q635/exodusdan/For%20Fun/policestate.jpg

Droner Dorner

Mindset
Has the LAPD ever been competent?

Mairuzu
Or cops in general... xZKVSNjlSp0

Mairuzu
They're currently battling around a cabin in the snow

jaden101
Remember, kids. The best thing to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

Of course, that moronic ideology seems to completely neglect to deal with what happens when a good guy with a gun (police officer and ex navy reservist would be pretty much the definition of a "good guy" in the US) goes utterly batshit crazy and starts blowing people away.

But hey...So long as we're still ignoring that whole mental health issue we'll be fine.

Over 1600 dead and counting since Sandyhook from gun violence....Nice.

focus4chumps
"A cabin where Christopher Dorner was believed to be holed up was engulfed in flames, a sheriff's spokeswoman said. It was unclear if he was still inside." -cnn

this is playing out eerily like first blood.

Oliver North
Originally posted by jaden101
Remember, kids. The best thing to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

Of course, that moronic ideology seems to completely neglect to deal with what happens when a good guy with a gun (police officer and ex navy reservist would be pretty much the definition of a "good guy" in the US) goes utterly batshit crazy and starts blowing people away.

But hey...So long as we're still ignoring that whole mental health issue we'll be fine.

Over 1600 dead and counting since Sandyhook from gun violence....Nice.

pfft, mental health issue? this guy is a hero, sticking it to the man

jaden101
HAHA...

focus4chumps
well i just hope he's apprehended/killed soon, so the citizens of LA can be safe from the police.

focus4chumps
"The spokeswoman confirmed that there was gunfire before the cabin was seen on fire. She said she believed there was no further shots fired after that.

The suspect tried to leave the cabin through the back door, but was pushed back inside, unconfirmed reports say."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-21436588

Symmetric Chaos
Reporting on "unconfirmed claims" seems really irresponsible.

Mindset
Reporting on "unconfirmed claims" seems really irresponsible. Not if it comes from a news organization.

Come on, be serious.

Mairuzu
Apparently his ID was able to jump from the mexican border all the way into a burning cabin. And survived.

focus4chumps
http://static.quickmeme.com/media/social/qm.gif

focus4chumps
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3sz500/#by=ad

Major_Lexington
Wow, this guy clearly thinks he's in a movie.

had the exact same thought!

focus4chumps
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/02/12/police-checking-reports-that-ex-lapd-officer-dorner-sighted/

Ascendancy
So they shoved him back in to burn? Interesting.

Robtard
I have trouble reconciling how someone as apparently well armed as Dorner was "pushed" back into a building he was supposedly trying to flee.

But I doubt we'll ever get the full story considering how the news on this has been handled so far.

Tzeentch._
I interpreted "pushed back" to mean like "he tried to go out the back door, and when he did we unloaded on the guy until he went back inside."

focus4chumps
i translate "pushed back inside" as "pushed back inside"

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Robtard
I have trouble reconciling how someone as apparently well armed as Dorner was "pushed" back into a building he was supposedly trying to flee.

But I doubt we'll ever get the full story considering how the news on this has been handled so far.
Well, if you're blind from tear gas/smoke, near-paralyzed from coughing, and trying to escape the fire, I don't think it's too crazy to think that a guy waiting outside the door couldn't just shove you back inside.

Robtard
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Well, if you're blind from tear gas/smoke, near-paralyzed from coughing, and trying to escape the fire, I don't think it's too crazy to think that a guy waiting outside the door couldn't just shove you back inside.

Fair enough.

Cyner
This whole thing is messed up... they burned down someone's entire house to get one guy? All of it seems really suspicious to me.

Galan007
And here I thought Dorner is the one who started the fire, then shot himself.

...Interesting tactic for the police to use, though. Wonder if that's in the department's SOPs?

Tzeentch._
Has it been confirmed anywhere that they were the ones who lit the building on fire?

Oliver North
not that I have seen

EDIT: my bad, apparently they claim they used pyrotechnic tear gas, the same type of thing that is responsible for the fire at WACO. However, there is unconfirmed audio where "police" discuss burning the cabin down.

XWAdfLxKIBQ

though, TYT have been crazy apologists for Dorner for some reason...

Mairuzu
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/132330.html

Robtard
not that I have seen

EDIT: my bad, apparently they claim they used pyrotechnic tear gas, the same type of thing that is responsible for the fire at WACO.

I googled that, just to see the specs of the gas; there are sites saying that while the LA PD does carry that kind of gas, it wasn't used against Dorner and that "conspiracy theorists" are just running with it.

focus4chumps
wKlsThwd75w

KidRock
It's a cover up, the LAPD is the most corrupt racket in all of America.

Dorner either discovered something he shouldnt have, or he was no longer willing to keep something a secret.

Ushgarak
Oh for heaven's sake... I'll move this to the conspiracy area if people get too tin-foil hat about this.

KidRock
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Oh for heaven's sake... I'll move this to the conspiracy area if people get too tin-foil hat about this.

Kidrock, long time no see, how is everything? Hows the family? Hope all is well! Please keep your loony conspiracies to yourself.

- Love Ushgarak

p.s I still think I should be made an honorary mod on these forums, for the love of god.

Ushgarak
It's not personal, I just don't want this to turn into a "The LAPD deliberately locked a guy in a cabin and burned him alive for nefarious purposes" thread, which is where the style of things was starting to go. If it does start becoming about 'the guy who was silenced because he know too much', then the conspiracy area is certainly the place for it.

99 times out of 100, the mantra "Don't put down to malice that which can be ascribed to incompetence" applies to these sorts of situations.

Oliver North
o_z45XoS310

focus4chumps
i dont think this really falls into the "tin foil hat" category.

this isnt exactly implausible, given the u.s. marshal's statement.
all that crap in the conspiracy forum is more of "omg this website thats profits from promoting conspiracy theories said obama's an alien lizard. its true! they even site other conspiracy sites as sources"

Ushgarak
As soon as you start linking it to some sort of attempt to silence and keep secrets, it;s conspiracy. I'll be keeping a watch out for the mood.

Bardock42
I was always wondering about this, the term "conspiracy theory" seems to have taken a definition that is not just the literal meaning of the word, but rather one based around a certain community around it. And that's how I interpret the forum as well, since there are obviously actual conspiracies in the world, but it doesn't seem like we would discuss those in the conspiracy forum. What is the mods stance on that?

Omega Vision
I'm not a psychologist, but it seems to me that most conspiracy theorists are people desperate to see some kind of hidden design, even if it's a sinister one. It's the same kind of yearning for an intelligent framework that has kept religions going.

There's something very silly about conspiracy theorists on the internet though. If they think that the government (The World Government) is an evil monster machine bent on mind control and world domination, aren't they worried that by "revealing" its machinations on the internet they'll be targeted and disappeared?

Symmetric Chaos
I'm not a psychologist, but it seems to me that most conspiracy theorists are people desperate to see some kind of hidden design, even if it's a sinister one. It's the same kind of yearning for an intelligent framework that has kept religions going.

In part, at least. The term is apophenia, the ability to find patterns in randomness, if you want to look it up. There was at least one controlled test that found believers in the paranormal are quicker to find patterns where none existed. I feel like a lot of conspiracy people have different priorities social backgrounds, though.

Omega Vision
In part, at least. The term is apophenia, the ability to find patterns in randomness, if you want to look it up. There was at least one controlled test that found believers in the paranormal are quicker to find patterns where none existed. I feel like a lot of conspiracy people have different priorities social backgrounds, though.
I actually did have apophenia written before I submitted the post, but edited it out because I wasn't entirely sure if apophenia applied.

*Learned the word from the Question on JLU stick out tongue

Bardock42
The Question was actually the basis for Rorschach in Watchmen

dadudemon
I'm not a psychologist, but it seems to me that most conspiracy theorists are people desperate to see some kind of hidden design, even if it's a sinister one.

I would change "even" to "especially".

It's the same kind of yearning for an intelligent framework that has kept religions going.

I see the same in any belief system including atheism. It is called "confirmation bias".

There's something very silly about conspiracy theorists on the internet though. If they think that the government (The World Government) is an evil monster machine bent on mind control and world domination, aren't they worried that by "revealing" its machinations on the internet they'll be targeted and disappeared?

"I'm behind 7 proxies and my traffic is encrypted starting at the first node. Good luck."

The real conspiracy theories are not so much theories as they are just plain exposure. You will run across that shit on the deep web. Guess what? They are behind 7 or so proxies and their traffic is encrypted. The real "shit" people expose cannot be readily accessed. They are technically conspirators, themselves.

You won't find my "real shit" on the plain web.

Ben Drew
Originally posted by Bardock42
The Question was actually the basis for Rorschach in Watchmen

To a point; however, Alan Moore has related a story about an acquaintance (not specified who) who said he asked Ditko about whether he was familiar with Rorschach. Reportedly, Ditko acknowledged, describing Rorschach as being "like Mr. A except insane". Now Ditko created both as I am sure you are well aware and the Charlton characters certainly lent themselves to the other Watchmen. I do see Rorschach as more Mr. A. than The Question though.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by dadudemon
I see the same in any belief system including atheism. It is called "confirmation bias".

Confirmation bias isn't an impetus for beliefs, which is clearly what he's talking about. It would be hard to argue that atheism is motivated by a desire for an intelligent framework since there is nothing in it to provide such intelligence. Looking for a universal framework in general, however, is pretty motive for philosophy.

focus4chumps
this would make an interesting thread. however none of this has anything to do with christopher dorner and/or the lapd.

for my part i think a link to a valid news article is grounds for a valid suspicion, well above tin-foil-hat lizard men shenanigans.

Omega Vision

Not really. Atheists aren't seeking out intelligent frameworks qua atheists. They might be doing it anyway because it's a powerful human impulse, but they aren't atheist because they're doing it, but doing it in spite of being atheist.

And just because I'm not a psychologist doesn't mean I've never heard of confirmation bias. I've taken Intro to Psychology uhuh

dadudemon
Confirmation bias isn't an impetus for beliefs, which is clearly what he's talking about.

I thought he was talking about people who prefer information that confirms their beliefs or ideas?

It would be hard to argue that atheism is motivated by a desire for an intelligent framework since there is nothing in it to provide such intelligence. Looking for a universal framework in general, however, is pretty motive for philosophy.

Clearly, someone who has an atheistic confirmation bias would be looking for information that favors the beliefs or ideas that operates from an atheistic perspective. How you interpret that to be "atheism is motivated by a desire for an intelligent framework", I have no idea.

Not really. Atheists aren't seeking out intelligent frameworks qua atheists. They might be doing it anyway because it's a powerful human impulse, but they aren't atheist because they're doing it, but doing it in spite of being atheist.

I don't see how that contradicts what I stated. Also, it is impossible to logically derive from my statement that people are atheists because of the exercise of confirmation bias.

And just because I'm not a psychologist doesn't mean I've never heard of confirmation bias. I've taken Intro to Psychology uhuh

Yeah, I was pretty much joking about that. That's why I put it in quotes. big grin

Originally posted by focus4chumps
this would make an interesting thread. however none of this has anything to do with christopher dorner and/or the lapd.

True, Ushgarak will probably lay down the hammer in a bit so Imma shutup about the off-topic subject. PM me if you wish to continue this conversation, fellas. big grin

Symmetric Chaos
I thought he was talking about people who prefer information that confirms their beliefs or ideas?

Confirmation bias is a mechanism for making mistakes not what causes a "desperate to see some kind of hidden design," which it seems pretty clear is what he was talking about.

dadudemon
Confirmation bias is a mechanism for making mistakes not what causes a "desperate to see some kind of hidden design," which it seems pretty clear is what he was talking about.

I prefer the more correct definition:

"Confirmation bias, as the term is typically used in the psychological literature, connotes the seeking or interpreting of evidence in ways that are partial to existing beliefs, expectations, or a hypothesis in hand."

http://psy2.ucsd.edu/~mckenzie/nickersonConfirmationBias.pdf

So, no, it does not only apply to researchers (or something similar) making statistical errors due to a bias. That would actually be the less common use and interpretation.

All response I make will be done via PM. If you wish to discuss this further, feel free to PM me.

jaden101

All response I make will be done via PM. If you wish to discuss this further, feel free to PM me.

That sounds horrifyingly boring.

movie1
and that 'anonymous' character supports Dorner from what I hear.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.