LotF Luke -vs- Savage Opress, Maul, Ventress and Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rookwood
Luke uses Foldspace to get to another planet, and somehow accidentally opens a rift in time.

He reappears in the Mos Eisley Cantina from A New Hope - after-hours.

The place is deserted and no is around.

Suddenly, the rift opens again, and Opress, Maul, Ventress and Dooku appear.

They look confused and Luke tells them that he is, "Luke Skywalker.. son of Anakin Skywalker."

Looking angry, they all light their blades and silently agree to join forces against Luke.

Luke lights his blade and stands at the ready.

Starting Distance Apart: 5 Feet.

Who wins?

Ascendancy
Luke doesn't do well in Cantinas.

Seriously though, Luke and Mara Jade took an overall thrashing against the Twi'lek and Lumiya. Granted, they eventually had to hold back because if they killed either they died too, but that wasn't anything that they have knowledge of at first. If the hubby and wife duo had such trouble with a pair, I don't see how LotF Luke takes a four on one solo.

Arhael
In that fight Alima was hiding and then she distracted Luke, which allowed Lumya to strike Luke. Such specific circumstances can't be assumed here. And Rookwood said "The place is deserted and no is around.", which makes your assessment completely irrelevant.

Pwned
Its possible Luke takes them..... He can easily overpower any of them in the Force, and is not exactly a slouch with a lightsaber, even at 60 something.

Ascendancy
Originally posted by Arhael
In that fight Alima was hiding and then she distracted Luke, which allowed Lumya to strike Luke. Such specific circumstances can't be assumed here. And Rookwood said "The place is deserted and no is around.", which makes your assessment completely irrelevant.

Quit whining. He and his wife, who was also pretty freaking powerful, only survived the day. At close range out of nowhere, three on one Luke dies.

Vensai
The team barely wins, and I mean barely.

Dolos
Luke DOMINATES with ease.

Vensai
Originally posted by Dolos
Luke DOMINATES with ease.

The starting distance is 5 feet. I don't think even Luke can handle a dogpile attack from these fighters fast enough. Maul and Opress were able to duel well against Sidious.

Dolos
Originally posted by Vensai
The starting distance is 5 feet. I don't think even Luke can handle a dogpile attack from these fighters fast enough. Maul and Opress were able to duel well against Sidious.

If they survive the telekinetic blast wave, they fall to his saber...which might as well be twenty sabers wielded by Sith equal to Maul.

Dark Empire Sidious, stronger than ROTS Sidious, in a peak-human augmented clone body, failed to defeat Luke their second time around, even got his hand chopped of. And Luke still hadn't hit his prime. You really think Count Dooku and his minion can close the gap here??

Vensai
If they survive the telekinetic blast wave, they fall to his saber...which might as well be twenty sabers wielded by Sith equal to Maul.

Dark Empire Sidious, stronger than ROTS Sidious, in a peak-human augmented clone body, failed to defeat Luke their second time around, even got his hand chopped of. And Luke still hadn't hit his prime. You really think Count Dooku and his minion can close the gap here??

He was assisted by Leia in that duel. Without it, Luke got quickly disarmed by Sidious.

Dolos
He was assisted by Leia in that duel. Without it, Luke got quickly disarmed by Sidious.

True, but Sidious at this point was stronger than Plagueis, who was stronger than Sidious had ever been before his death. Sidious was approaching Vitiate here, and he was a far better duelist than Vitiate, in a very strong clone body. Luke is insane skilled at dueling.

Vensai
True, but Sidious at this point was stronger than Plagueis, who was stronger than Sidious had ever been before his death. Sidious was approaching Vitiate here, and he was a far better duelist than Vitiate, in a very strong clone body. Luke is insane skilled at dueling.

Hm. I agree that Sidious was much stronger than Plagueis at this point ( I personally feel that Sidious could not have killed his master without tricking him at the end of Darth Plagueis).

I am not certain if he was a better duelist than Vitiate though. That belongs in another thread.

Ascendancy
Hm. I agree that Sidious was much stronger than Plagueis at this point ( I personally feel that Sidious could not have killed his master without tricking him at the end of Darth Plagueis).

I am not certain if he was a better duelist than Vitiate though. That belongs in another thread.

That has been discussed at length in other threads and Vitiate has been shown to be a sub-par duelist. That was not where his strength lies.

axel_jovan
First time they fought at a Dark Side nexus.... second time Luke got some help from Leia...all in all I call it about even big grin

Oh, and Luke wins this duel. He can pretty much dominate via the Force. It would be much like when the Zabraks were attacked by Sidious in their last duel or when Yoda humiliated Ventress. This trio will be force-raped. Then it leaves only Dooku and he will be defeated swiftly.

Dolos
edit

wrong thread

NTJack0
He could just crush them all with the force immediately.

Arhael
No, he wasn't. According to audiobook she is simply observer.
The key reason is that in first fight he tried to use darkside, which he studied for few days from Palpatine and which simply doesn't suit his personality. In second fight he re-embraced lightside, which he studied and used for 10 years.

Luke gets stomped horribly here. But your assessment is still misplaced as cantina is empty. Also, It's four against one, not three, if you haven't noticed.

For all Luke's achievements he is not a Force raper. The only time, where he Force handled 4 opponents in one go was in Apocalypse book. But they were not disabled, just thrown down a pit and one of them still resisted. Not to mention that those Sith are weaklings in general.

Ascendancy
Originally posted by Arhael

Luke gets stomped horribly here. But your assessment is still misplaced as cantina is empty. Also, It's four against one, not three, if you haven't noticed.

It was a little late to edit. Regardless, glad you at least see the logic of how Luke falls.

Also, is it just me or were most of Luke's combat showings in LotF far weaker than they should have been compared to some of what he did between RotJ and the start of that series?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.