Starscream vs Soundwave

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Second in command of the Decepticon army vs the third.

Who wins?

Diesldude
Have to go with Shockwave instead of these 2.

SevenShackles
Starscream. A coward he may be but the dude has a way of surviving and as long as he isn't aiming at someone like optimus or megaton he is a good shot.

cdtm
Originally posted by Diesldude
Have to go with Shockwave instead of these 2.

Well, Shockwaves a leader class bot. He'd murder them, but he was Megatrons rival for leadership in the comics, and commander of Cybertron in the 'toon.

Kazenji
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Starscream. A coward he may be but the dude has a way of surviving and as long as he isn't aiming at someone like optimus or megaton he is a good shot.

And now he's some chosen one to lead cybertron.

Endless Mike
Specify versions please

bluewaterrider
If we're talking Generation 1, and this fight is in some artificially enclosed area, Soundwave.

I give this to him only because he looks like he could "tank" an initial shot while delivering a knockout of his own. Otherwise, I seem to remember Starscream as considerably faster overall as well as faster on the draw.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we're talking Generation 1, and this fight is in some relatively open free-ranging area like the Transformers were wont to operate in, Starscream.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that this is dependent on Soundwave NOT having the option of calling forth allies like Ravage, Laserbeak, Buzzaw, Frenzy, and Rumble, which would be almost like giving Starscream the option to create and command the Combaticons to help him fight (as WAS actually done in one of the TV episodes).

cdtm
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Specify versions please

G1.

cdtm
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
If we're talking Generation 1, and this fight is in some artificially enclosed area, Soundwave.

I give this to him only because he looks like he could "tank" an initial shot while delivering a knockout of his own. Otherwise, I seem to remember Starscream as considerably faster overall as well as faster on the draw.

If we're talking Generation 1, and this fight is in some relatively open free-ranging area like the Transformers were wont to operate in, Starscream.

Note that this is dependent on Soundwave NOT having the option of calling forth allies like Ravage, Laserbeak, Buzzaw, Frenzy, and Rumble, which would be almost like giving Starscream the option to create and command the Combaticons to help him fight (as WAS actually done in one of the TV episodes).

There's a difference, though. Soundwave almost always has the tapes at his beck and call.. They're effectively part of his power set.

You can't say the same about the Combaticon's for Starscream.

I WAS considering making a rule that Soundwave is forbidden to use his tapes, but decided I'd leave it alone, and let everyone decide for themselves..

pym-ftw
Ratbat beats Starscream by himself

Soundwave stays home

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.