Guy Gardner vs. Black Bolt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

SevenShackles
Black bolt. The man has a beautiful voice.

Mshinu
Hahaha funny.

Guy gets beaten so bad he looks like a freshly fertilized garden.

Curbstomp_9
With a ring Guy takes it 7/10

carver9
Black bolt wins everytime but with a fight.

Odekahn
How can black bolt talk without oxygen in his lungs? If guy can figure out BBs weakness in a timely manor, he will win. Guy 8/10

Curbstomp_9
He doesn't have to figure out his weakness, he can just put a bubble over Bolt's head and game over

Odekahn
Originally posted by Curbstomp_9
He doesn't have to figure out his weakness, he can just put a bubble over Bolt's head and game over

That's kind of what I mean. I could see him protecting himself from BB screaming at him, then counteracting it.

SevenShackles
Eh.. Guy Gardner is a more straight forward combatant than all that. Just because his ring is capable of something doesn't mean he will do it. Not saying he isn't capable of tactics but how often is that his first reaction to a threat?

black bolt is strong, fast (flight), durable and on top of that can use his destructive hypersonic voice capable of Molecular manipulation.

Guy gets put down.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Curbstomp_9

confused

Soooooooo... you think that Guy's construct can withstand BB's voice?

Not going to happen

BB 10/10

ColossusGrundy
Sooo..

One of the most powerful GL's ever can't put an airless bubble around BB before the guy can even inhale?

Guy wins 10/10.

If Hulk can clamp his hand over BB's mouth before he can utter one of his shouts, Guy surely can take him out.

BB has NO chance.

tkitna
BB wins more often then not.

celeyhyga17
Blackagar wins, but Hal wins...
big grin

Golgo13
Nobody beats Guy. Ever. Well, except Kyle.

Mindset
Originally posted by Golgo13
Nobody beats Guy. Ever. Well, except Kyle. thumb up

Odekahn

ColossusGrundy
Ok, so his powers aren't sonic.

Guy survives black holes WHILE in a storyline (in other words it ain't a big deal).

He takes the best BB has got to offer and then KO's him with a big green boxing glove.

Guy 10/10

SevenShackles
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Ok, so his powers aren't sonic.

Guy survives black holes WHILE in a storyline (in other words it ain't a big deal).

He takes the best BB has got to offer and then KO's him with a big green boxing glove.

Guy 10/10

Are you familiar with black bolt and his abilities?

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Are you familiar with black bolt and his abilities?

Enough that a competent GL should own him.

abhilegend
Originally posted by 753
BB's powers arent actually sonic, although recent writers have ingored/were unaware of this. Why does that myth persists without any sort of proof is beyond me. BB's voice is sonic by nature from day one. Inhumans placed him in a sound-proof chamber to negate his powers, sue has stopped his voice by cutting him off from air
http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/?action=view&current=FantasticFourv141118.jpg

Dazzler absorbed his shout

Originally posted by abhilegend
Dazzler also absorbed a shout from black bolt and overloaded absorbing man!! She is as powerful as teh sentry!!!!!!
nutnut

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/blackbolt/aman6.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/blackbolt/aman7.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/blackbolt/aman8.jpg

Quicksilver outran his voice when he was struggling to get over mach speed

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/6321/quicksilver0607yx9.jpg

Its always sonic based.

None of that would make him win a majority here.

curryman
Was the nature of his power sonic in the four inhumans miniseries?

No.

Still doesn't mean he wins, but don't try to pretend like there hasn't been some kind of disparity between the showings.

abhilegend
Originally posted by curryman
Was the nature of his power sonic in the four inhumans miniseries?

No.

Still doesn't mean he wins, but don't try to pretend like there hasn't been some kind of disparity between the showings.
Yeah, it was IIRC.

I've yet to see any scan mentioning its not sound based.

Mindset
it'snotsoundbased

Mshinu
Yeah, it was IIRC.

I've yet to see any scan mentioning its not sound based.

Buy glasses or learn to read? That is like not knowing supes gets power from the sun or Hulk gets stronger with rage.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7937/vhulk12cj.jpg

abhilegend
Originally posted by Mshinu
Buy glasses or learn to read? That is like not knowing supes gets power from the sun or Hulk gets stronger with rage.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7937/vhulk12cj.jpg
Way to go sherlock! The next thing you would tell me that superman's voice is solar energy or hulk's voice is gamma energy. BTW in the same comic his voice was specified as sonic waves

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/blackbolt/probehulk.jpg

Mshinu
Way to go sherlock! The next thing you would tell me that superman's voice is solar energy or hulk's voice is gamma energy. BTW in the same comic his voice was specified as sonic waves

You still need better reading skills or stronger glasses I see. Oh well.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Mshinu
You still need better reading skills or stronger glasses I see. Oh well.
Don't be an ass. BB's powered by electron manipulation, his voice is sonic by nature though.

Curbstomp_9
It doesn't matter, Black Bolt cannot put even a small crack in a Lanterns shield, it'll be a tough fight but Guy is Herald level, BB is not

Guy 7/10

Tony Stark
Sooo..

One of the most powerful GL's ever can't put an airless bubble around BB before the guy can even inhale?

Guy wins 10/10.

If Hulk can clamp his hand over BB's mouth before he can utter one of his shouts, Guy surely can take him out.

BB has NO chance.

Soooo... You need to inhale air for your vocal cords to produce a sound.

Got it confused

Master blow > Any construct Guy can create

BB wins 10/10

Horrificus
Guy wins this. It doesn't even matter if his shields can withstand BB's scream. All they have to do is buffer/weaken the effects while he goes on the attack. Can BB survive a construct expanding in his brain, or heart? Or, all over his body?

Can he see through a construct that covers or injures his eyes, while Guy comes in from behind, where the scream is ineffective?

To make an educated call on this, you really have to know what the GL's and Guy have done in the past, using different types of rings. It isn't just about strength and force.

And, if he can't make direct contact with Guy, I don't think it will help if he "Master Blows" him. laughing (I see what I did there.) I get more use out of that whole "Master Blow" thing. Priceless.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Horrificus
Guy wins this. It doesn't even matter if his shields can withstand BB's scream. All they have to do is buffer/weaken the effects while he goes on the attack. Can BB survive a construct expanding in his brain, or heart? Or, all over his body?

Can he see through a construct that covers or injures his eyes, while Guy comes in from behind, where the scream is ineffective?

To make an educated call on this, you really have to know what the GL's and Guy have done in the past, using different types of rings. It isn't just about strength and force.

And, if he can't make direct contact with Guy, I don't think it will help if he "Master Blows" him. laughing (I see what I did there.) I get more use out of that whole "Master Blow" thing. Priceless.
Master blow didn't even knock out thing and made BB exhaust his entire energy. Its a suicide move.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/blackbolt/fkarn10.jpg

Bentley
If this was a half competent Green Lantern he'd win... Helas...

Tony Stark
Master blow didn't even knock out thing and made BB exhaust his entire energy. Its a suicide move.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/blackbolt/fkarn10.jpg

Ben > Guy

Bentley
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Ben > Guy

http://thingist.com/user_uploads/321362382158439961.gif

ColossusGrundy
Soooo... You need to inhale air for your vocal cords to produce a sound.

Got it confused

Master blow > Any construct Guy can create

BB wins 10/10

No,
but you MUST have AIR for your voice to project.
If that air is removed, no sound.

If you knew anything about how sound worked, you would have not posted that ridiculous comment.

BTW you DO need air passing over your vocal chords to make sound, so yes, a suffocating BB has NO chance to use his voice.

Guy could put BB in a vacuum in a mere millisecond with a thought before BB could even open his mouth to utter a sound. There is no way he could use his ability with no air to carry the sound.

curryman
No,

If you knew anything about how sound worked, you would have not posted that ridiculous comment.

BTW you DO need air passing over your vocal chords to make sound, so yes, a suffocating BB has NO chance to use his voice.

Guy could put BB in a vacuum in a mere millisecond with a thought before BB could even open his mouth to utter a sound. There is no way he could use his ability with no air to carry the sound.

BB's powers work just fine in space....

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by curryman
BB's powers work just fine in space....

how do sound powers work where there is no air to carry the sound waves?

your argument makes absolutely no sense.

if there is an instance of sonic powers working in space, that writer should be fired for stupidity

Tony Stark
No,

Yeeeeeeeah... I'm unfamiliar with the making of sound. Do us all a favor blowout all of your air and see if your vocal cords work and if they are able to create a sound. And even if you were right... which of course you're not. You're assuming that BB isn't going to have any air in his lungs when Guy constructs around his head.

SevenShackles
Yeeeeeeeah... I'm unfamiliar with the making of sound. Do us all a favor blowout all of your air and see if your vocal cords work and if they are able to create a sound. And even if you were right... which of course you're not. You're assuming that BB isn't going to have any air in his lungs when Guy constructs around his head.

Enough air to whisper is enough air to kill for black bolt but since "black bolt can't break constructs" is an assumption I think I saw stated earlier I'm sure him having enough air to shout wouldn't mean much to some ppl once the construct is on him.

Would be cool to see some measure of black bolts ability and destructive force with his voice to ward off some of this horrible black bolt low balling.

Golgo13
How is BB's ability to protect himself from being transmuted or Guy warping time and space?

ColossusGrundy

You ARE unfamiliar with the making of sound.

To create sound, there must be a source of friction, such as a vibrating mechanism as in a musical instrument or vocal chords.

Sound MUST have a carrier to travel, such as air. Water works, but air works much better.

If there is a large bubble around BB devoid of air, there is no way he can use the air in his lungs to fill it. The sound from his mouth would cease to exist when it reaches the end of the air he projected. This would effectively STOP any sonic attack. This is why sonic attacks can NOT work in space.

Same reason that a Star Wars space battle would have NO sound if it were real.

ColossusGrundy
Also, if Hulk can stop BB by just clamping a hand over his mouth, a very rudely placed green hot dog rammed down BB's throat would keep him from being able to speak at all.

Guy wins 10/10.

curryman
how do sound powers work where there is no air to carry the sound waves?

your argument makes absolutely no sense.

if there is an instance of sonic powers working in space, that writer should be fired for stupidity

If only you could be removed from the board on similar grounds, hah!

He manipulates matter. He's not just Banshee on kick...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.