RotJ Luke -vs- Asajj Ventress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rookwood

Starting Distance Apart: 10 Feet.

1. Sabers

2. Force.

3. All Out.

Luke from Return of the Jedi versus Peak Ventress.

Omega Vision
I think this is hard to say, since while my gut says Luke in all (and a decent part of my brain says so too) the OT lightsaber fights were (without looking at EU material) pretty slow paced and unimpressive compared to what you see in the 2000s trilogy and The Clone Wars.

Are we using EU feats for Luke? If so, he should wreck Ventress. If not...idk, I'm still leaning Luke, but it's much more competitive.

Rookwood
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I think this is hard to say, since while my gut says Luke in all (and a decent part of my brain says so too) the OT lightsaber fights were (without looking at EU material) pretty slow paced and unimpressive compared to what you see in the 2000s trilogy and The Clone Wars.

Are we using EU feats for Luke? If so, he should wreck Ventress. If not...idk, I'm still leaning Luke, but it's much more competitive.

Well remember Vader was not holding back on Luke at all.

Vader wanted more than anything to kill Luke, and tried his hardest to do so, without holding back at all.

So if we take that into account, there's no way Luke can lose.

It doesn't matter if Asajj has had more training, experience fighting different Jedi and Sith, etc - Luke would still win no matter what.

And his EU Feats around the Rebellion Era, have him doing insane things, like taking down Sith Lords in one blow, moving starships casually, etc.

Asajj and her Clone Wars/EU Feats are simply outmatched here by OT Luke.

Acasha
This is a hard 1, but im gonna have to say Ventress, reason being is because shes SOOOO much more experienced

Rookwood
Yeah.. I was being sarcastic/bored up there.

There is literally nothing Luke could bring to the table that would enable him to win against Asajj, OT or EU Feats included.

OT Luke would be murdered by Asajj, and his EU Feats during the Galactic Civil War aren't awesome and don't help him any, either.

Asajj basically kills him and probably without too much difficulty, as well.

Vader was holding back on Luke, and wasn't fighting like he did against Starkiller in The Force Unleashed, which would have resulted in a gooey death for Luke.

Asajj Ventress wins here, EU or not.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Rookwood
Well remember Vader was not holding back on Luke at all.

Vader wanted more than anything to kill Luke, and tried his hardest to do so, without holding back at all.

So if we take that into account, there's no way Luke can lose.

It doesn't matter if Asajj has had more training, experience fighting different Jedi and Sith, etc - Luke would still win no matter what.

And his EU Feats around the Rebellion Era, have him doing insane things, like taking down Sith Lords in one blow, moving starships casually, etc.

Asajj and her Clone Wars/EU Feats are simply outmatched here by OT Luke.
Hear me out here, what feats does Vader have if we only use his showings in the original trilogy that make defeating him all that impressive?

I may only be judging by "how it looks", but OT lightsaber fights were pretty weak on their own.

I don't disagree for a second that with EU feats he destroys Ventress no contest.

Rookwood
Hear me out here, what feats does Vader have if we only use his showings in the original trilogy that make defeating him all that impressive?

I may only be judging by "how it looks", but OT lightsaber fights were pretty weak on their own.

Yeah, they were pretty weak.

- And Luke "defeating" Vader, wasn't impressive at all.

The movies implied Vader had been holding back, and the novel The Courtship of Princess Leia confirmed in writing that Vader had indeed held back on Luke.

Vader would have totally destroyed Luke, had he not been holding back.

I don't disagree for a second that with EU feats he destroys Ventress no contest.

Lol.

I don't recall him doing anything with his EU Feats that were particularly awesome.

He may have given Yoda "the quickest BJ in the universe" in a comic or something, but apart from that.. stick out tongue

Excalibur2776
Originally posted by Rookwood
Yeah, they were pretty weak.

- And Luke "defeating" Vader, wasn't impressive at all.

Vader would have totally destroyed Luke, had he not been holding back.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.